It is pointless playing on many of these servers

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

Re: It is pointless playing on many of these servers

by TenPlus1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 15:52

The server itself belongs to TitaniusAnglesmithe and the rules were set in place as soon as spawn was built... We've changed from banning players to revoking privelages so family members can still sign onto server and play... Many things are allowed but if you do break the rules then you will have your provelages revoked for a time and many named players were caught griefing, dating on server and fighting with other players through chat... Many players may feel that doing this was harsh but it was justified to have a server kids and above can play on...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 16:40

shadowzone wrote:this isn't minecraft, don't turn it into minecraft.

What has that got to do with it?

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 17:04

I'm talking about this from 4 years now,and the origin of this discomfort is that players like this...Nobody wants to play in a war/anarchic server because everyone wants to be protected from griefers and just build,and build,and build again,killing the competitive component of the game.

Anyway,there are some protection-free servers but they're pretty unplayed.

PlasmaHam

In-game: PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Tue Jan 13, 2015 16:55

LorenzoVulcan wrote:Nobody wants to play in a war/anarchic server because everyone wants to be protected from griefers and just build,and build,and build again,killing the competitive component of the game.

Anyway,there are some protection-free servers but they're pretty unplayed.

MineTest has never been a very competitive game, and it shouldn't be. The main focus of Minetest, unlike other similar looking games, is not fighting players and building empires. I am not saying this is bad, but the majority of Minetest people are here for building. If you want to do war, nothing says you can't. But most people here ain't here for wargames.
Live long and Prosper

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Tue Jan 13, 2015 19:31

shadowzone wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:??? Their is no point arguing, your building was right next to spawn and removed so playing the victim will not work, and starting a forum thread after being caught is in itself childish...

TenPlus1, I've heard WAY too many reports from your server coming from, befe11, dakotalongears, skittle's and my own brother, so that fact worries me, this isn't minecraft, don't turn it into minecraft. I have played on your server, I enjoy the mods and the way they work, I also have chosen not to build anything there so I don't get banned. my username there is Selah_Shadow because my shadowzone account was taken already, but still, I don't want to get banned and ruin it for my WHOLE family.

yours truly shadowzone.

If someone gets banned, then there's reasons for it. TenPlus1 and TitaniusAnglesmithe work very hard to keep server working properly. Sadly there's always few people who come try and create some chaos.
Like one of the people you listed that gave bad report about server(skittle), she was absolute bully, terrorizing several people. One day she decided to quit, when she saw people weren't forgiving her anymore.

That's why some of these reports can't be taken seriously, cause there are trolls who even keep on trolling when they are gone.

The-Operator219

In-game: Operator Icanttalk[formerly]

by The-Operator219 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 03:45

Try the family grog, I've found a lot of fun there...
Long live OperatorCorp!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 21:04

I agree, i was on TT-Creative and i got banned "till the end of time" for something i didn't even do, i asked switchboard, if he could help, but he thought i did it for real, another piece of evidence showing server owners/admins are a bunch of jerks most of the time. Also some people on were using the voting system on "CTF Guns" for trolling. And almost everybody left because it kept skipping matches. In fact, it was totally unfair at one point, red had 4 or 3 people and blue had 1, and no, that 1 wasn't me.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Sun Jan 24, 2016 21:27

well, the complaints about xanadu are 1 year old now, but feel like i have to say something here ...
the rules are visible and by now there is even a red circle around the spawn waters to make it even more visible.
but even before the red circle there was a sign at every road that told you not to build on the spawn waters.

fun fact: half of the bans are not because of building in prohibited areas, but for swearing at the moderators when they inform players about the building rules. i have seen it many times now. ;)

also the xanadu moderators are the most kind i ever met.
on other servers there is spawn killing and instant griefing the moment you place a single block, and the admins say "this is a free game, deal with it".
and on another, very promising server, one of the moderators decided to "test something" by spawning dungeon masters on the surface and burned down 3 forests along with all houses in the area, including my house.
that person still had full power after that incident because he was a "trusted person".
this never happens in xanadu. say what you want, it is the best server.

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Mon Jan 25, 2016 09:28

firefox wrote:and on another, very promising server, one of the moderators decided to "test something" by spawning dungeon masters on the surface and burned down 3 forests along with all houses in the area, including my house.
that person still had full power after that incident because he was a "trusted person".
this never happens in xanadu. say what you want, it is the best server.

Ah, I remember that happend to me on a very promissing server, I wonder if it's the same as yours heh

SaKeL

GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Mon Jan 25, 2016 17:36

You are mentioning only Xanadu server in yr main post, but there is more the 100 of other servers, im sure you will find one what fits you! Maybe you should give them a chance...
Follow my Collection for more Minetest creations found on my server or join the Community for the latest Server updates and news.

SaKeL

Previous

Return to Minetest Servers