Will anyone host my server?

garywhite

GitHub: garywhite207
IRC: same as MT name
In-game: garywhite garywhite1

Will anyone host my server?

by garywhite » Mon Mar 07, 2016 16:02

Hello,
I have been looking to create a server for a while now, as you may have noticed by the few posts I've made. I, however, have been unable to because of my insufficient hardware and inability to forward my router's port.
I am therefore asking if anyone would be willing to host my server. It is somewhat small, with not a whole lot of mods. If anyone is willing to, please reply. Thank you.
garywhite

P.S. If anyone could tell me where I get the bags mod so I can get unified_inventory working, that would be great as well!

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Will anyone host my server?

by firefox » Mon Mar 07, 2016 16:20

same reply as in the other thread:
hosting a server is not for free.
if you want someone to host your server, it should be something good, which didn't exist before.
(for example a new kind of subgame that is different from the other games, by using a custom mapgen and many other stuff)

for creative servers, there already exist quite a few, all with unified inventory, or it's light version for better performance.
they also contain most, if not all mods that add clasic, medieval and/or modern elements to the game.
if your server is not completely different from those, the chances of getting it hosted by someone are very small ...

(you could also apply to become a moderator on a creative server, it would give you a similar position. if that is what you are looking for.)

good luck ;)

Worldblender

In-game: Worldblender

by Worldblender » Sun Mar 13, 2016 06:51

Hi there,
I might have some chance of being able to host your server, but with some conditions attached. I know how to do port forwarding and should have enough hardware to to store another server on. However, I may not be able to keep your server running 24/7 as doing that may increase my electricity bills, as the hosting will take place at my home. If you provide me with the server files, I'll try my best to set it up for youl

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 00:28

You can host a server to me too?

Don't have many mods, I don't have any trouble about don't be 24/7, if you can i send the server files!

Please, if you can, for SM64!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Worldblender

In-game: Worldblender

by Worldblender » Mon Mar 14, 2016 02:58

Yes, I'll try my best. Just get me started by sending me your server files somehow.

garywhite

GitHub: garywhite207
IRC: same as MT name
In-game: garywhite garywhite1

by garywhite » Mon Mar 14, 2016 04:37

Thanks so much. Just lemme know how long that you're willing to keep it up and I can talk with my friend and see what we're gonna submit. Probably PM you the files Monday 3/14 or Tuesday 3/15, depending on my schedule. Thanks again.

garywhite

Return to Minetest General