Goodbye

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: Goodbye

by kaadmy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 16:18

@lol34 Minetest isn't supposed to be a game replicating Minec***t, it's supposed to be an engine. Which is another reason BlockMen left, because it's starting to turn into a "How can we make this suit Minec***t games better?" engine now.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

veriaqa

by veriaqa » Wed May 18, 2016 02:24

kaadmy wrote:@lol34 Minetest isn't supposed to be a game replicating Minec***t, it's supposed to be an engine. Which is another reason BlockMen left, because it's starting to turn into a "How can we make this suit Minec***t games better?" engine now.

Yes this! Althought I still play it, I don't like how the project's direction now.

snowflake

IRC: snow__flake
In-game: snowflake

by snowflake » Thu May 19, 2016 15:40

Bye Block Men..

Hope you have a nice future :)
✱ ŜИØŴℱŁΔҜΞ ✱
IF I REPORT ANY PROBLEM - SYSTEM
Ubuntu 15.04
32-bit
Memory-3.8GiB
Disk Space -310.8GB

DONT PM ME PLZ!!!! ,

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Fri Aug 12, 2016 01:52

The discontinuity of the CME will be tragic for me. This is unfortunate. I enjoyed this work.

tomlukeywood

IRC: tomlukeywood
In-game: tomlukeywood

by tomlukeywood » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:09

Goodbye and thanks for your work!

but I would like to point out that making your software more restrictive is not the answer to people taking credit for your work and unfortunately as far as minetest mods go I have no idea how to stop people from doing so without creating a restrictive internet which would do more bad than good.

How to deal with people taking credit for your work

the only thing I can think to do is report the issue to the minetest forums admins if they have posted the mod on minetest forums

but also I found these articles which may be useful when others take unjust credit:
http://personalexcellence.co/blog/take-credit/
http://www.thoughtleadersllc.com/2011/0 ... your-work/

pithy

GitHub: pithydon

by pithy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 17:00

For those who miss BlockMen, BlockMen can always be with you with this mod https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15363

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 19:33

+1

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 20:54

BlockMen wrote:They took code of me without giving credit, while I spend sometimes a lot time to develop polished and/or new features. Even more bitter it was when features I implemented first and published got not even noticed and those ppl that copied it got the attention for it. That behavior made me change my licenses to more and more restrictive ones, ending up in a modiefied z-lib license at the end. But even this didn't stop some ppl and even though I still angry on some I won't tell names.

I think BlockMen is a bit unfair to us modders here. BlockMen started with WTFPL for many mods, so it is a little bit strange to complain later that people don't give credit. I am not sure if the original threads at least made a reqeust (no demand) for giving credit.
BlockMen changed the licenses mostly silently so I suspect many people weren't even aware they were suddenlty using non-WTFPL code. After all, licenses don't change that often.
And in regarding the “wrong” people who got all the attention: wouldn't have a single post by you cleared it all up?
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:37

i've always gave credits to block men in my mods using part of his code
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Sep 11, 2016 20:06

azekill_DIABLO wrote:i've always gave credits to block men in my mods using part of his code

yeah +1 to you azekill_DIABOLO!
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:08

why me.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Spaghetti Developer

GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

by Spaghetti Developer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:01

Blockmen has clarified perfectly the problem that plagues the Minetest project. I'm sorry it went off, he was one of the few teams to have the right ideas and innovative.

Previous

Return to Minetest General