[Compiling] Libvorbis-dev unsatisfied deps : no sound!

AndrOn

[Compiling] Libvorbis-dev unsatisfied deps : no sound!

by AndrOn » Sat May 30, 2015 09:09

Hello everyone, having trouble compiling Minetest! I managed to do it, but it ended up with no sound.
I have Linux Mint and I'm talking about the currently last (0.4.12) Minetest version
I tried the provided command to install the dependencies:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install build-essential libirrlicht-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev zlib1g-dev libjsoncpp-dev

And when I ran it, a curious error showed up:
Certains paquets ne peuvent être installés. Ceci peut signifier
que vous avez demandé l'impossible, ou bien, si vous utilisez
la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore
été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
libvorbis-dev : Dépend: libvorbis0a (= 1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1) mais 1.3.4-1~trusty1 devra être installé
Dépend: libvorbisenc2 (= 1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1) mais 1.3.4-1~trusty1 devra être installé
Dépend: libvorbisfile3 (= 1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1) mais 1.3.4-1~trusty1 devra être installé
E: Impossible de corriger les problèmes, des paquets défectueux sont en mode « garder en l'état ».

well here is a (bad) translation in english:

Some packages cannot be installed.This may mean that you asked the impossible, or else, if you're running the unstable version, that some packages are not yet created or didn't come out of incoming (??? maybe the french translation isn't that good).
The following informations may help you solve this problem :

The following packages contain unsatisfied dependencies :
libvorbis-dev : Depends on: libvorbis0a (= 1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1) but 1.3.4-1~trusty1 will have to be installed
Depends on: libvorbisenc2 (= 1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1) but 1.3.4-1~trusty1 will have to be installed
Depends on: libvorbisfile3 (= 1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1) but 1.3.4-1~trusty1 will have to be installed
E: Impossible to solve the problems, some defective packages are in "keep as-is" mode.

I went to synaptic and tried to see what was going on there, ran into the same kind of errors, and when researched my version of libvorbis0a, it appeared that I have two versions of it: libvorbis0a:i386 and libvorbis0a (I have a 64-bit install of LMint)

I also posted this in linux Mint Forum, so you show me your best Minetest compiling skills!

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

Re: [Compiling] Libvorbis-dev unsatisfied deps : no sound!

by TenPlus1 » Sat May 30, 2015 09:11

Check your repositories and make sure the source (SRC) one's are enabled...

AndrOn

by AndrOn » Sat May 30, 2015 09:34

Not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but I checked in the software center repositories and enabled every repository with "source" in its name, updated the cache and retried, but same message when trying to install the dependencies of minetest. I also did a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade, and retried, same result.

indriApollo

GitHub: indriApollo
IRC: indriApollo
In-game: SudoAptGetPlay

by indriApollo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 08:36

Did you try the automagical "sudo apt-get install -f" ?

Return to Minetest Problems