My fun server

maier.nathan

GitHub: npmaier
In-game: Bikemare EdgarLinton

My fun server

by maier.nathan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 22:32

Hi, I am looking for someone to work on a server with. RIght now, for the first time people are on my server which was not set up in any particular way but people seem to be having lots of fun. I just added mods and had my own building. It's on creative mode so there are lots of buildings that are beautiful and lots of random building. I don't think that with creative mode that the world will stay very playable. But I love the things people have built. People are also really nice.
I need some pointers and I'd like someone to guide me in maintaining it. Some direct communication would be good.
Some of the mods are "Home Decor", "Plantlib." the decorative wood, "Bees," and the flower heather which pretty much covers the countryside. I also plan on making a picnic mod with a handbasket and blanket to lie on. "More Trees," too.
Pointers please!
-Bikemare

Sokomine

Re: My fun server

by Sokomine » Fri Aug 22, 2014 22:58

Based on the mods you listed, you ought to join IRC, freenode network, channel #minetest, and talk to VanessaE. She has developed homedecor, plantlife and moretrees. You can also join one of her servers which have very good building and an excellent support for players.
A list of my mods can be found here.

maier.nathan

GitHub: npmaier
In-game: Bikemare EdgarLinton

by maier.nathan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 05:38

Thanks for the reply Sokomine. I'll log on to irc. In the meantime, I am not quite sure how to go about making sure my server will be fun for everyone. I don't want to harm people's hard work or get them frustrated by someone griefing them after building something really great, and I don't want to anger people by making laws that are unreasonable or jarring.
-Nate

stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07

you might want to add a protection mod as well such as areas or landrush

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Aug 25, 2014 20:59

maier.nathan wrote:In the meantime, I am not quite sure how to go about making sure my server will be fun for everyone. I don't want to harm people's hard work or get them frustrated by someone griefing them after building something really great, and I don't want to anger people by making laws that are unreasonable or jarring.

Guess you'll first have to decide what you want your server to be there for: Shall people be able to build in peace, or is it a server where PvP is the main aspect? That might determine which set of rules makes sense. Most rules on most servers are there so that all players can enjoy the server equally and know what is expected of them.

stormchaser3000 wrote:you might want to add a protection mod as well such as areas or landrush

Protection mods are generally a very good idea. Each server ought to have one.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Return to Minetest Servers