Redcrab's server

Erthome

Re: Redcrab's server

by Erthome » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:25

It lives :-)
The Redcrab Server is back in business at the moment.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Jun 09, 2014 19:39

That's great :-)

miner65536

by miner65536 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 16:55

Erthome wrote:It lives :-)
The Redcrab Server is back in business at the moment.

I think the sever problem on those 2 subsequent days were caused my me exploring down a long shaft of pokeariels! When i got to the very bottom (as in -30911 bottom) of one shaft there were several borgs full of sand, torches & leaves appearing. I dug some out. I managed to dig 36 stacks of leaves out of one & it was still a solid cylinder of green-ness! before my client became too slow to respond & the server seemed to crash.
The leaves stayed in my inventory so I think the server was running, but probably 100% busy dealling with whatever bugs cause the borgs to appear at the bottom, so probably not handling client connection attempts properly.
Then a crash again when i reconnected to escape the pit of doom, but this time I managed to spam /spawn in enough times that i was actually back to spawn next connection.

So don't hang around the very bottom of any of pokeariels deep shafts for too long....

miner65536

by miner65536 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 13:35

Hi All,
I've uploaded a new map, I think this has roughly 50% of redcrabs surface mapped, but obviously I cant know for sure! http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/157283

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Sat Jun 21, 2014 22:59

Hello! Iam happy to see that this server hasn't died yet, but it doesn't seem to have been very busy. I might get the chance to get on soon. We'll see...

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Sun Jun 22, 2014 06:54

webdesigner97 wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:Maybe thats not important or nothng new, but Redcrab's is working with newest client. (0.4.9 - dev)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f07z8vwyqavz0 ... 0%3A06.png

Yes, I can also connect fine :)

I can connect with an older client. (0.4.9)
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:35

I am able to join this server too, but only after cleaning out my cache files after every single time.

Erthome

by Erthome » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:33

Hey 64K love the map on gigipan...Luigi's been a busy fella...what's a "borg"--I mean in Minetest context?

I've been meaning to mention, though I'm assuming it's already a well known item, but I can not help but notice that flowed water (water that stems from what I add with a bucket) is not displaying with the 0.4.7 client--is that a bug that has been fixed in the newer clients, 0.4.9 perhaps?

SuperCode

by SuperCode » Sat Jul 19, 2014 17:45

So I have 3 questions:
1. Are people allowed to grieve me if I do not protect my house?

2. I somewhat rarely use online servers. I am looking for 1 server I can base myself in and play every little while, so will I be kicked off the server or lose my property if I do not login for a little while?

3. Can I be killed by other players (even when I am minding my own business).

Erthome

by Erthome » Sat Jul 19, 2014 20:31

@SuperCode

1) They are not "allowed" but it sometimes happens. It can also happen by accident due to 'bugs' in the server whereby bits of sand and gravel get dumped in seemingly random places. People occasionally grief by accident...particularly new players. There are also fully cognizant folks who occasionally vandalize on purpose. Doing a self-protect or asking one of the moderators to assist you with larger or additional protects is always a wise thing to do. In extreme cases Moderators have some limited and server-intensive capability to perform automated rollbacks.

2) While there is a stated policy (somewhere) that says your account might be considered dormant after a period of time, we do not actively 'disable' accounts except in cases of abuse. If there is a major construction project underway abandoned properties could be reallocated. I personally behave like a Historical Society of a sort in that I sometimes adopt unprotected abandoned structures of interest to preserved them for others to enjoy.

3) This is a NO KILL / Creative server...however, you CAN be killed in-game by another player in the sense that the game does not physically prevent attacks. We enforce the stated rule that players who kill each other without consent will be warned and/or banned (at the moderators' discretions) from the game. Some players have built arenas or challenge and accept dueling matches from time to time--so long as the killing is agreed to by all parties involved it is not a ban-able offense.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Jul 20, 2014 02:08

[quote="SuperCode"]
2. I somewhat rarely use online servers. I am looking for 1 server I can base myself in and play every little while, so will I be kicked off the server or lose my property if I do not login for a little while?
[/code]
Erthome has already answered, but I'd like to underline that this is - in a way - a very stable server. Even though the owner of the server (Redcrab) shows up only about once a year, the server as such runs stable - buildings are kept. There is a lot to explore. Plus there are ways to save the map locally.

The only exception might be if there are rather bad/boring buildings very close to spawn or in another popular area. In such a case, something better might be built there.

It seems that the server can be used with recent clients as well - it just requires to move the cache folder out of the way and create an empty one.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Erthome

by Erthome » Sun Jul 20, 2014 17:36

:-) Thank you Soko...I'll see if the cache clear helps with my missing water as well !

Erthome

by Erthome » Mon Jul 28, 2014 22:48

Rob, you might wanna peek at the Luigis...Server is logging in slowly but hanging...I used three generally working clients here.

Ah wait...just a couple minutes later all seems in order.

miner65536

by miner65536 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 21:22

Erthome wrote:Rob, you might wanna peek at the Luigis...Server is logging in slowly but hanging...I used three generally working clients here.

Ah wait...just a couple minutes later all seems in order.

They've been well behaved recently ;) The server's doing the same thing now by the looks of things :( I'm getting almost connecting, then disconnecting, some Lua is probably very busy somewhere in the world!.....

Erthome

by Erthome » Wed Aug 06, 2014 00:06

I had the same prob for a few minutes today...just after the West Region Map Generation started.

coffeecrafter

Redcrab's server is missing you guys

by coffeecrafter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 01:01

hey, long time no action on redcrab's server - are erthome, rob & me the only people still active there?
Nevermind, I want to present my last project. After months of months of building in my city I decided it was time to go out and create something different, so I modelled a plane. Assuming 1 block is 1m, it has about the dimensions of the Airbus A380. I modeled "free hand" with the help of several pictures of the google search and this image I loaded in paint :D

source: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40728000/gif/_40728825_airbus_a380416.gif

The pictures show only parts of the plane, there's a vip class also, a small bar, ...
Hope you like the plane, if you'd like to visit it a travelnet is in my house at spawn

+ Spoiler

_____
coffee

Erthome

by Erthome » Wed Sep 17, 2014 05:41

It's a beauty...PM me the protect coords so it stays that way ;-)

miner65536

by miner65536 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 23:43

Erthome wrote:Hey 64K love the map on gigipan...Luigi's been a busy fella...what's a "borg"--I mean in Minetest context?

I've been meaning to mention, though I'm assuming it's already a well known item, but I can not help but notice that flowed water (water that stems from what I add with a bucket) is not displaying with the 0.4.7 client--is that a bug that has been fixed in the newer clients, 0.4.9 perhaps?

Ahh hehe a borg is what the spinning items with lots blocks in them look like, like the borg cube ships from star trek :)

Erthome

by Erthome » Fri Sep 26, 2014 21:37

WHO broke the serrrrrrrver? Soko? Do YOU know anything about this? LOL Robert?

Still not connecting since we were in the middle of a chat last evening Soko, I got booted and haven't been able to get back in since.

I'll keep trying ... cuz ya know I LIVE there...will post back once I see life restored.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 22:24

Erthome wrote:WHO broke the serrrrrrrver? Soko? Do YOU know anything about this? LOL Robert?

I'm afraid I did so involuntarily :-/ Hope the restart script is still working.

Erthome wrote:I'll keep trying ... cuz ya know I LIVE there...will post back once I see life restored.

There are so many nice buildings on the server. It ought to have better maintenance than what we can do now.

Erthome

by Erthome » Sat Sep 27, 2014 13:34

I was just kidding Soko...you didn't do a 'rollback all' did ya ? LOL

Not back up yet. Redcraaaaaaab, we may need your divine intervention :-)

I sent PM and email in Redcrab's direction. I'll keep checking for the server and update here if/when I have news.

EDIT: 42 hrs down...not looking real promising :-(
Last edited by Erthome on Mon Sep 29, 2014 17:59, edited 3 times in total.

miner65536

by miner65536 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 18:44

I'm missing redcrab so much I've made a new map! http://gigapan.com/gigapans/163368 I hope It's up again soon. Check out coffee's excellent A380 in the snapshots!
The server seemed to be straining to flood a northern extension to my canal, so hopefully it's just recovering after that :S

coffeecrafter

Re:

by coffeecrafter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 06:54

I was not able to log in since two days ago ... at almost the same time1 year ago there had been a scary post:

+ Spoiler

so am I the only one who is concerned about that could happen this year?

Amaz

GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

Re: Re:

by Amaz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00

coffeecrafter wrote:I was not able to log in since two days ago ... at almost the same time1 year ago there had been a scary post:

+ Spoiler

so am I the only one who is concerned about that could happen this year?

I don't think that there is much to worry about, as at the end of the scare was over, cactus_pl posted this:

Record information last updated 3 hours ago

Expires On September 15, 2018

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Sep 30, 2014 14:03

I've sent an email to Redcrab using his forum. That hasn't been very successful in the past, but you've got to start somewhere.

Erthome

by Erthome » Tue Sep 30, 2014 14:55

Yes Soko, he will likely see it eventually. I sent a message here, an email to his domain contact address and a message on the dedicated forum as well.

Meanwhile, we are working on day five of voxel deprivation therapy ;-)

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Thu Oct 02, 2014 13:31

Hi when i log in, the screen just stays in ''connecting to server'' and nothing happends, i never had this issue, somebody nows how to fix it?

Esteban

GitHub: Esteban-
IRC: Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Thu Oct 02, 2014 13:37

Dragonop wrote:Hi when i log in, the screen just stays in ''connecting to server'' and nothing happends, i never had this issue, somebody nows how to fix it?

Seeing the previous posts, it probably means the server is offline. (It happened to me before, I wish minetest added a message like "The server is not online" in newer versions)

Erthome

by Erthome » Thu Oct 02, 2014 15:30

Sorry Folks...the server is still not responding...we are waiting for Redcrab to see our communications and determine/fix the problem...I check multiple times daily and will post here as soon as I see it return to service -or- hear news from Redcrab.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Oct 02, 2014 16:27

Erthome wrote:Sorry Folks...the server is still not responding...we are waiting for Redcrab to see our communications and determine/fix the problem...I check multiple times daily and will post here as soon as I see it return to service -or- hear news from Redcrab.

Same here. I hope he'll answer us! The server has so many great buildings.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers