Xanadu Server

IceAgeComing

Re: Xanadu Server

by IceAgeComing » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17

ABJ wrote:Family friendly? Still not.
You missed the point here, Kilarin.
In the incident, not ONLY did the father and son find their grub removed, BUT had another building that was JUST as violative of the rules. And when they asked why the rules should apply to their building but not to the one in place, the answer you gave made no sense and was incorrect and irrelevant. Even out of the set of acceptable excuses you people would have had.

That another building that people built on same spot right after, got also removed, so your arguement is invalid.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:39

Not yet lol. If all I was talking about was the building, then yes. But I'm not. You see, there is also another point here. Now you people have managed to remove the building. I applaud that. But the dumb and obscene responses you ppl gave to the guy aren't gone. I mean, when he asked about the build, you started on another topic completely.

Phiwari123

In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 13:22

I do not understand: where is the logic behind causing so much drama and discussions only because players on the server told you in the beginning that money does not grow on trees and every player worked hard for their stuff and that you can work hard for your stuff too? So much drama only because someone told you to go mining instead of asking for stuff? Where does all the hatred come from? I do not see any reason why this useless discussion should go on. People are annoyed and tired of this.
Aber glaubt mir, dass man Glück und Zuversicht selbst in Zeiten der Dunkelheit zu finden vermag.
Man darf nur nicht vergessen, ein Licht leuchten zu lassen.
(A.P.W.B.D)

twoelk

by twoelk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 13:40

so ABJ, what do you suggest to be done so that this "incident" may become done with and you can move on to something more constructive?

As to destroying what others built, even if it is just an annoying cobblebox that painfully distorts the carefully planned layout of some place and violates all building codes that apply to said place. it shouldn't be too difficult to "document" something before you destroy it. You don't even need WorlEdit privs for that. Just use the save-to-local-function of the client and point those interested to the sqlite file for extracting the building with local WE to deal with whatever problem needs to be solved.

If you allready have the save-to-local-copy function activated just travel to the place of interest and disconnect from the server there. Stop the client and rename the old map.sqlite file or move it out of the way. Then reconnect, run around the building and disconnect again. Now you schould have a new small map.sqlite file of maybe only a few megabytes. Save that file to some other place and put or rename your old map.sqlite to what it was before. You can now either extract the building with WorldEdit in a local copy yourself or point some admin who has all the relevant mods to it so he may generate a WE-file to maybe relocate the building to some other place on the server.

This way anybody can rather quickly generate a local copy of anything on the server that can later be used as needed. No WE privs needed to at least make a quick copy.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Wed Aug 05, 2015 13:44

To step aside from drama,
i want to make post to thank nice builders of spawn 2, who have made some very wonderful buildings.

Skrote's wooden mansion and observatory:

Louie's big brick mansion:

Geralds fishing hut:

Pac's house:

Amber's museum:

I could have posted more screenshots, but didnt want to make this post too long. I will probably post more screenshots of spawn 2 in future though :)

ABJ

by ABJ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 14:00

Ice were you trolling in the 2nd pic?

programmingchicken

GitHub: ProgrammingChicken
IRC: gamer chicken
In-game: gamerdude

by programmingchicken » Thu Aug 06, 2015 01:21

I request to have my privs back plz
I wanna build a house and be shown in a screenshot :P
I'm bold. I'm sarcastic. I'm PChicken.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 02:08

ABJ wrote:Ice were you trolling in the 2nd pic?

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. But in mine, that observatory is AWESOME!

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:15

No. But it sort of looked like one instance of your server's mapgen trolling. Maybe because of the color?

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18

programmingchicken wrote:I request to have my privs back plz

Dude, don't bother XD. Don't you know? Xanadu-Server automatically bans any mods who give privs back after revoking.
LOL JK not really, but it IS damn hard to get revoked privs back on Xanadu.

programmingchicken

GitHub: ProgrammingChicken
IRC: gamer chicken
In-game: gamerdude

by programmingchicken » Thu Aug 06, 2015 16:49

ABJ wrote:
programmingchicken wrote:I request to have my privs back plz

Dude, don't bother XD. Don't you know? Xanadu-Server automatically bans any mods who give privs back after revoking.
LOL JK not really, but it IS damn hard to get revoked privs back on Xanadu.

Dude, I've built beautiful houses on other servers.
+ Beautiful House Screenies
I'm bold. I'm sarcastic. I'm PChicken.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Aug 06, 2015 17:33

Phiwari123 wrote:Image
Home Sweet Home :D

That looks great! Seems I need to take a new sightseeing tour soon :-)

IceAgeComing wrote:To step aside from drama,
i want to make post to thank nice builders of spawn 2, who have made some very wonderful buildings.
Skrote's wooden mansion and observatory:
Louie's big brick mansion:
Geralds fishing hut:
Pac's house:
Amber's museum:
I could have posted more screenshots, but didnt want to make this post too long. I will probably post more screenshots of spawn 2 in future though :)

Some of those are extremly nice as well!

twoelk wrote:As to destroying what others built, even if it is just an annoying cobblebox that painfully distorts the carefully planned layout of some place and violates all building codes that apply to said place. it shouldn't be too difficult to "document" something before you destroy it. You don't even need WorlEdit privs for that. Just use the save-to-local-function of the client and point those interested to the sqlite file for extracting the building with local WE to deal with whatever problem needs to be solved.

Oh yes, I know that problem. Thank you for explaining to people how they can find a workaround! Saving the building so that it can later on be moved to another place is IMHO the best solution. On VanessaEs survival server, I'm faced with a similar problem - a huge junglewood box, incomplete but furnished on the inside, that blocks the view for my villa (and to the nice ship someone else built). Very annoying. Guess I'll eventually have to ask VanessaE if I'm allowed to sink that building below the ground so that it is still intact but doesn't block the view anymore. Even cobble huts that seem like nothing may have an owner who cares deeply about them. I really need to get my handle_schematics mod finished. That one has a (hopefully easy to use) interface for storing buildings and placing them at another location.
A list of my mods can be found here.

alexd1028

In-game: alexd1028

by alexd1028 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 06:00

so how can I tame mobs?
lol

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Fri Aug 07, 2015 06:58

alexd1028 wrote:so how can I tame mobs?
lol

rats - not possible
bees - not possible, but you can use 3 of them to make a beehive
sheep, cow - 8 wheat, will also replenish wool and milk
horse, warthog - 8 apples
cat - 4 fish
bunny - 4 carrots
chicken - 8 wheat seeds
wolf - 8 raw meat, will then become a dog, use raw meat to heal it

sheep, cows, horses, chickens and warthogs may spawn babies when you feed them.

DuDraig

IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Fri Aug 07, 2015 18:37

Speaking of which, the baby mob bug is still in play. I can not approach my sheep or cow pens without crashing the server.

Until this gets fixed, can someone delete the babies from my pens so I can continue building?

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:25

DuDraig, post coords and I'll give it a look...

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Fri Aug 07, 2015 21:28

Came across this giant natural frozen ice lake today,
decided to have fun with it. :)

ABJ

by ABJ » Sat Aug 08, 2015 04:10

I wonder why it wasn't cupcakes.O_O LOL

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:54

TenPlus1 wrote:DuDraig, post coords and I'll give it a look...

<grin> Sorry about that. I had given my coordinates to one of your people online who said they'd given it to you when I first narrowed down the bug.

My home is (14,367, -20,323). The pens are just outside and to the right of the front double glass doors. If I try to exit those doors, the server crashes. There is a single door towards the back out of range of the pens.

alexd1028

In-game: alexd1028

by alexd1028 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 02:15

Thanks Fox

Bonny

by Bonny » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:47

IceAgeComing wrote:Came across this giant natural frozen ice lake today,
decided to have fun with it. :)

your idea inspired me..i found this landscape so i decided to have fun with it too :)
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

ABJ

by ABJ » Sun Aug 09, 2015 16:10

Awesome!
But it has room for improvement. You could have made that U narrower. Now it looks like "ICE ATE TOO MLICH"

botch

IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Sun Aug 09, 2015 19:13

Just a quick question, every now and again, much like just now, I'll get a message "Server Shutting Down" and go back to the main Minetest screen. I searched the servers and it looks like there are still people connected. Is this just my Minetest app that I have?

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Sun Aug 09, 2015 20:17

botch wrote:Just a quick question, every now and again, much like just now, I'll get a message "Server Shutting Down" and go back to the main Minetest screen. I searched the servers and it looks like there are still people connected. Is this just my Minetest app that I have?

The server list is not real time. It is updated periodically. You just saw the number of connections at the last update.

Achilles

In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Sun Aug 09, 2015 20:26

This is getting tiresome Wes.

I haven't caused any recent problems on your server, nor have I bothered you at all. I guess old grudges die hard, but as I have done nothing wrong, you revoking my privileges every time I come online is ridiculous.
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

randomsage

In-game: randomsage

by randomsage » Sun Aug 09, 2015 21:40

Kilarin wrote:
ABJ wrote:Mods and admins here are absolutely

IF I remember correctly, others can correct me if I'm mixing up two different offenders. the individual didn't just mildly curse, but let lose with the kind of severe filth that usually gets people banned outright. Instead of being banned, they were given a warning. After a bit of discussion, they cussed yet again and told the moderators to "shut up!" because they were having a hard time, with a jelly if I remember correctly. That was when they had their privs removed.

In any case, the rules are clear up front. In multiple languages at spawn. This is a family friendly server, people shouldn't be cursing in chat. Come on! that's like throwing litter in the park. There are lots of places you can curse to your hearts content, why insist on using that kind of language in a place that has informed you it is not allowed there?

If I have understood TenPlus1 correctly, we do not restore privs in these kinds of cases. They can create a new account and start over. If they lose privs on three accounts, thats it, they are banned.

I've never had my privs removed and I was given a warning before I made the "i can curse in 4 languages" comment but I'm not even able to make a 2nd account on this server because my ip is banned. I've never made 3 different account. I just have one.

If I'm not released of this ban, it's OK. But I would like to return to your server. If not, it's cool and I already have other servers to go it.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 09:14

Lucky Blocks are up to 106 now and IceAgeComing is hosting the Lucky Stairs Challenge when she is on server :)

Many map glitches have been repaired with the new Entity OFF feature which can delete glitched items/mobs/signs/frames, so less crashes on server...

Phiwari123

In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 18:04

Sheep with flying privs? :P Found this crazy sheep here suddenly fly towards sky and stop at this height...

Aber glaubt mir, dass man Glück und Zuversicht selbst in Zeiten der Dunkelheit zu finden vermag.
Man darf nur nicht vergessen, ein Licht leuchten zu lassen.
(A.P.W.B.D)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 07:15

lololol, with the new changes to Mobs Redo the old sheep entity was broken so a replacement was added that simply stands there... This one must have been jumping at the time and floated up until it hit the unloaded ceiling above... ahaha, right-clicking any of these will return a proper working sheep egg...

twoelk

by twoelk » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19

hungry flying sheep could explain all them leafless trees :-D

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers