Xanadu Server

neri2

Re: Xanadu Server

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:22

firefox wrote:the great penguin shall bless you neri!
i was thinking hard about "to reply or not to reply, that's the question ..." but you did it very good.

since this forum thread should represent the server, i feel like i must post an interesting screenshot to cover up all this and move the attention to something else.
so here is an interesting one from my collection:

THAT is an awesome shot firefox!!! Was ti a gltich????

NaoKat

In-game: RavenFox

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:25

neri2 wrote:Oh and as for the hanging on then just let it go my friend.. your not going to be unbanned so your defense of this humor is moot and perhaps your time would be better spent with that introspection I spoke of.

Hey, I like the server, so im not going to "let it go" im not banned either, i just cant do anything on the server. All im saying is there was nothing wrong with what I did, and many things wrong with the way the mods reacted. Everyone else on was smart enough to ignore it if they thought it was offensive. No one here is trying to understand what really happened. No one is listening to me, and its obvious.

Glorfindel

GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:25

I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore though :(
Last edited by Glorfindel on Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:29

neri2 wrote:As you said all ages, meaning an E rating (does this sound familiar to you? As I said I skimmed) along with an E rating goes the lack of profanity, sexual comments, anything inappropriate for anyone under the age of 10. GTA is not an E rated game because it has such elements in it. That does not mean parents of young children do not let them play it, it means the game creators and or server owners can not permit it. With this in mind yes, inserting such things into the game would be considered wrong place, wrong time, wrong game. As for the rules there is no way any public game can state each and every rule as there are always some who will try to worm out or challenge anything they feel they want right or wrong and then no one would get to ever play lol. Its called common sense, in some it is lacking ( introspection) in others it is obvious when dealing with the public in any venue common sense should take the forefront of any decision.
Quick question though, as you have *been playing* this game for ages you do know there is no dating rule what would make you think if no dating is permitted because of children popping in and asking such a question would be a perfectly logical thing to allow? (common sense introspection anyone?)

You seem to think that a joke, is considered dating... Now that is just offensive... xD anyways, this is an almost unknown game, and does not have a game rating. also, have you noticed, how the ESRB ratings always say "online interactions are not rated by the ESRB?" its because it does not matter what the game is rated, you don't rate people. And you can't rate people.

neri2

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:30

That was not the question.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:30

Glorfindel wrote:I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore :|

Yeah, I have seen cursing, dating, etc. on this server many times before and nothing has been done about it. Yet when I DON'T break the rules, I don't get to play.

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:31

NaoKat, they probably didn't "ignored" it, they didn't undertood it. That is the difference.
I'm listening to you, I think you are 99% wrong.

NOW! Back to topic please, please make any further acotations via PM.

Nice screenshot firefox, to bad the hud is in the way :c

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:32

neri2 wrote:That was not the question.

Okay, sure, its a logical thing to allow, because dating isn't a joke, and what I said wasnt dating.

neri2

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:33

Yeah well it might be a bit int he way but its an awesome benefit so can be forgiven LOL.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:34

Dragonop wrote:NaoKat, they probably didn't "ignored" it, they didn't undertood it. That is the difference.
I'm listening to you, I think you are 99% wrong.

NOW! Back to topic please, please make any further acotations via PM.

Nice screenshot firefox, to bad the hud is in the way :c

Then you aren't listening to me.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:34

Why should I listen to you, when I'm telling you to stop spamming, and start using PMs instead.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:35

I guess there's nothing we can do when someone lacks a common sense. If we put absolutely everything in rules, it would be 100 pages long and noone would bother to read them. Just like there's no rule at spawn about "no hacking", doesnt mean its allowed. Just like there's no written rule about offensive names, again it doesn't mean it's allowed.

If the rule "no swearing" isn't big enough hint for you to not make that sexual jokes...then i don't know.
Just because its internet, doesn't mean you can get away with everything.

But on happy note, this server really has amazing people.
Currently having amazing time friends drowning the bees, haha.
Jjb discovered a great way to farm honey, fun and strangely addictive!

neri2

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:40

HAHAHA icey pop!!! thats great

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:40

The rules are quite clear at spawn area, and even translated into 5 other languages... No swearing should be specific enough that kids play on server and it's a family orientated server so a little common sense NOT to type sexual innuendo and the like can be gotten from that... If you cannot grasp that then Xanadu server is not for you...

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:46

Okay everyone. I know all of you hate me because of nothing, xD but im going to say this. Im tired of having to reply to all these comments that are getting everyone NOWHERE. Are you trying to win something? None of this is working. Im just going to leave, hate all of you because you are so stubborn, and unforgiving. None of you bother to listen to me, or understand what I am trying to say. I am going to stop this, even though i know im right, im just going to leave you all be. Just remember this sets a bad example for your server. Im not going to reply to any more worthless crap that you say to me. Goodbye, and I hope you all have a wonderful time on that server.

myster

In-game: myster

by myster » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:48

Okay, I will follow In the footsteps of two awesome players, RedFox and IceAgeComing, and will deviate this thread from all the drama to the game.

Our first SkinFuze session. XD
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

neri2

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:49

Thats just.. wrong iceypop.. kinda like in a mutant like the fly movie kinda way hahaha

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:58

TenPlus1 wrote:The rules are quite clear at spawn area, and even translated into 5 other languages... No swearing should be specific enough that kids play on server and it's a family orientated server so a little common sense NOT to type sexual innuendo and the like can be gotten from that... If you cannot grasp that then Xanadu server is not for you...

Okay, this is the last thing im going to say. It was never stated that this was a "family" server, and swearing is not at all the same thing as sexual language. If this server is for kids, you should make everything clear, since this happens a lot. Just a helping tip. I know how to run a server, I have run many servers, this is NOT how you run one.

neri2

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:59

DIES LAUGHING!

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:03

NaoKat wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore :|

Yeah, I have seen cursing, dating, etc. on this server many times before and nothing has been done about it. Yet when I DON'T break the rules, I don't get to play.

*rolls eyes*
And of course again, she wonders why people don't understand her,
why absolutely noone agrees with her flawed logic, where Is absolutely no common sense.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:13

IceAgeComing wrote:
NaoKat wrote:

*rolls eyes*
And of course again, she wonders why people don't understand her,
why absolutely noone agrees with her flawed logic, where Is absolutely no common sense.

Listen, im sorry. It just wasnt at all fair that any of that happened. I take things literally, unless its obviously not literal. Saying no swearing: no ***************** words, etc. No dating: hey wanna go out? No greifing: *blows up everything* you have to get the point by now, anyways, im going to play undertale.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:14

If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:22

NaoKat wrote:
Listen, im sorry. It just wasnt at all fair that any of that happened. I take things literally, unless its obviously not literal. Saying no swearing: no ***************** words, etc. No dating: hey wanna go out? No greifing: *blows up everything* you have to get the point by now, anyways, im going to play undertale.

Don't you realize, that maybe there is fault in yourself?
Just because you have hard time understanding what rules mean, doesn't mean its same with other people,
actually you are the very first person to complain about it. There hasn't been any other person who have made a sexual "joke" like that and then not understood that it's against rules.
You are the only one.
Think about it.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:34

IceAgeComing wrote:
NaoKat wrote:

Don't you realize, that maybe there is fault in yourself?
Just because you have hard time understanding what rules mean, doesn't mean its same with other people,
actually you are the very first person to complain about it. There hasn't been any other person who have made a sexual "joke" like that and then not understood that it's against rules.
You are the only one.
Think about it.

Its not against the rules. Maybe you should make it a rule.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:35

Inocudom wrote:If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.

This server isnt too friendly or understanding... =\

Bonny

by Bonny » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:44

NaoKat wrote:
Inocudom wrote:If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.

If you think it isnt too friendly or understanding theres many other servers you could try, complaining here wont help you, i think you should do something helpful instead of posting nonsense on forum all day long, maybe go try to read a book or draw something.
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Thu Oct 15, 2015 21:50

Bonny wrote:
NaoKat wrote:

If you think it isnt too friendly or understanding theres many other servers you could try, complaining here wont help you, i think you should do something helpful instead of posting nonsense on forum all day long, maybe go try to read a book or draw something.

Ikr, I just had so much on this server, and I really liked the server. All I did was ask for an admin, because I needed help, and everyone ignored me and my friend, and then I make a joke, boom. Rude admin gets me in trouble. The server used to be good...

neri2

by neri2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 22:20

Not a clue who chainlinks is but I should probably be grateful for that.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 22:29

Inocudom, clearly NaoKat is a player, and is not part of the community.
You need to make a difference between the players, and the community.

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 02:43

Folks, going on for three pages about the same issue is not helping anything. So the issue is that someone is upset that they were banned for doing something on our server that they wouldn't do in public. I'm glad that they were, and it seems an overwhelming amount of other players are also glad that some of the moderators are trying to make this a family friendly server. Regardless of whether the player in question was given fair warning or not, the server's players agree with the actions against the player in question.

Time to move on. Three pages about players on both sides beating their heads against each other is borderline unseemly. Time to stop responding to the posts about this particular situation. There is nothing else that can profitably come out of this.

I'm sure one of the Administrators will or have already posted in spawn, rules enough to prevent this sort of issue from cropping up. Time to move on.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers