"just test" server

twoelk

Re: "just test" server

by twoelk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 16:02

BBmine wrote: He has 99 nyan cats. Now how can you get that being a good player?

maybe not always good but if you have lots of time.
The gold_digger account has been active almost as long as the server exists and has been online more often than most others.
And if you mine deep enough (as in several km) rich caves are more common. Also NyanCats seem somewhat easier to find on this server. In the beginning some where in the water.

you can get rich on this server by hard work - of course there may be easier ways
(some of which might have been exploited by some players)
but despite it's empty appearance on first join this server does offer ways of amassing loads of resources.

BlueFireIceUn

In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 20:53

twoelk wrote:
BBmine wrote: He has 99 nyan cats. Now how can you get that being a good player?

maybe not always good but if you have lots of time.
The gold_digger account has been active almost as long as the server exists and has been online more often than most others.
And if you mine deep enough (as in several km) rich caves are more common. Also NyanCats seem somewhat easier to find on this server. In the beginning some where in the water.

you can get rich on this server by hard work - of course there may be easier ways
(some of which might have been exploited by some players)
but despite it's empty appearance on first join this server does offer ways of amassing loads of resources.

More than everyone? or just than many people? and gold found a cheat to have infinite stuff
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Thu Jan 21, 2016 21:43

Lag must know about the griefing on just test but just isn't doing anything about it. His last login was December 31, 2015. I also saw that he liked maikerumine's just test video about the griefing, so he must have seen it.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

843jdc

GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 01:02

That's a long video haha.

It is easy to get those items quickly when you use a cheat that gives you no_clip and whatever it is that lets you see diamonds and mese or whatever you wish through the stone.
gold_digger visited me and asia while we were mining once. He disappeared for a few minutes before returning and giving us a quite a lot of mese.
My enthusiasm for playing on this server is pretty much gone. And asia seems mad at me. Maybe because I'm not helping much other than clearing areas for her to build on. The un-repaired griefing damage makes maiki's server much more attractive to spend my time on. Or maybe my own server. Losing the items doesn't bother me nearly as much as the loss of 2-3 days of my time. This is not the first time that I wasted my time either but it makes me wonder why I bother coming here.

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Fri Jan 22, 2016 06:11

Heh, by chance, 1 nyan cat + rainbows spawns on an area of 800^3 blocks, nearly impossible to get 99. But, if you are a cheater and you want to get a lot of them, I guess you could replace the texture of stone with a transparent one. But it's unlikely to happen that you get that many or even see that many. Still, it's really "easy" to cheat in minetest, just need to edit the code, add/delete a few lines and then compile again.

843jdc

GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:09

My concern about someone that uses no_clip is that the cheater could have gone through your mining area and removed all the mese and diamonds leaving none for you to find.
Just imagine how much area the cheater could quickly go through generating a really large map database file. I'm sure admins love that. hehe. I'm just speculating here.
I have yet to find a nyan cat on this server. I did find one on another server after only being there a few hours. All the players wanted it.

gold_digger

In-game: gold_digger

by gold_digger » Fri Jan 22, 2016 18:16

okay, fun, something destroyed my chests. Bit strange it was after I gave it away. But anyway. The AdminTNT that cleaner tried to use failed before, and also it will take a good day to blow up and would have been seen.. That MapGen bug is interesting to try :), I can imagine being able to edit outside current area. But, digging and overall interaction is done on the server. I dont think you can change that. I dont think world edit is installed.. It doesnt matter. It's only "stuff", I can get more HAHA.

As for cheats, what I have done is allowed NoClip, Fast, and Fly on client side. This is not controllable. however, some servers do some nice neat tricks. "Servival server No. 521" does the best to prevent flying and noclip, and its VERY annoying trying to cheat on there.

To go one or two steps better, I also remove the rendering of Stone as Dragonop says. However, to get Nyan Cats I render only cats, lava, water, chests and protectors. That way you cant just fly down as fast as you want and only see cats. Can find 1 cat every few minutes ;).

Cheating, bhah, its a twist on playability. You got to remember its only a game, and you dont die in real life,, also, you come with nothing, you leave with nothing...

Enjoy it,,, Exploits are another level of game play... Adapt against it.. Best plan for AdminTNT is to watch your land every day and adapt.

stoneminer

GitHub: sm31
IRC: stoneminer
In-game: stoneminer

by stoneminer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:42

You must remember that by griefing, you are making into dust the precious time spent by a player when he could have been doing something else in real life.
Last edited by stoneminer on Sat Jan 23, 2016 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
GOD'S NOT DEAD! HE'S SURELY ALIVE!!! :D
Did you know that you can find me on YouTube, FanFiction, and FictionPress? Chances are, you didn't. Well, I am on there. My name is Sardhrantor.
I speak a little German, but not much. :[ (see below)
Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber nicht viel. :[ (siehe oben)

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Sat Jan 23, 2016 18:25

stoneminer wrote:Maybe, it is just a game, but killing and cheating in games makes you want to hate/kill and cheat in real life (or vice versa), so it's always best to obey the rules in everything.

That is the weakest and worst argument/thinking that I "ever" heard.
The fact that somebody kills in a videogame won't make them do it in real life, but instead use it as a discharge making it a way to avoid people from hurting real alive stuff.
As an example, the fact that I played doom, quake, gta, postal, and other similar stuff didn't make me (or any other person that I know) aggressive or hateful.
The other side is also wrong, the fact that it is a game doesn't makes it valid, legal, or good.

Also you must remember that by griefing, you are making into dust the precious time spent by a player when he could have been doing something else in real life.

Agree.

lag01

GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:59

maikerumine wrote:Hello again!

After quite some time analyzing the grief, it looks to me like a large tnt blast caused the damage.
The gold digger farm has an area of 43x43 and looks intentional in other spots too.
I hope you can catch the griefer and ban them.

If you speak about area around (40,1,290), then that dirt_with_grass was just dug out by several legitimate players.
About other places - i think these areas was ether burnt or griefed during early "auth.txt disaster".
You can give me exact coordinates, if you want me to check in logs.

lag01

by lag01 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:04

gold_digger wrote:...
As for cheats, what I have done is allowed NoClip, Fast, and Fly on client side. This is not controllable. however, some servers do some nice neat tricks. "Servival server No. 521" does the best to prevent flying and noclip, and its VERY annoying trying to cheat on there.

I was sure, that disable_anticheat = false is working at least against client "Fast" cheat.
Recently i added "little annoying trick" to confront "Noclip" mining, but i don't know if it is effective.

lag01

Re: Griefing/Spawn Decorating/There is a new gold_digger in

by lag01 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:56

843jdc wrote:...
Giving someone the ability to revoke a griefing player's interact and/or shout privs would be a great thing. That would stop a lot of griefing and chat spamming. I understand BlueFireUn wants to do the job. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I added mod, to vote player, who then can mute, jail or kick griefers: sheriff_voting
I don't know how to correctly handle interact privs from mod, but may-be that possible too, will look at that later.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Sun Jan 24, 2016 15:42

Cheaters (fly, fast, noclip) should be autokicked/banned with anticheat set to on, I hope you understand that.
Spawn should be cleared out of ruined buildings and reworked. In this state it is a big mess.

lag01

by lag01 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 17:45

Today i tested and fly prevention worked fine against me. I hope, measures against noclip mining is working too.
Against broken buildings i am afraid i can't do much.

Fixerol wrote:Cheaters (fly, fast, noclip) should be autokicked/banned with anticheat set to on, I hope you understand that.
Spawn should be cleared out of ruined buildings and reworked. In this state it is a big mess.

rnd

IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Tue Jan 26, 2016 13:34

1.sheriff: seems ppl who become sheriff like to abuse powers a lot (mute players randomly, sent to jail for fun ...). And they promote other for deputies who abuse powers, its not really working well. And there is no way to fight back at corrupt sheriff.

Why not just have simple voting for kick player, mute player temporarily etc.. where at least 1/2 of ppl on server need to vote and more yes votes than no votes to succeed.. no need for fancy blocks just /vote player vote_type reason and then /y /n for voting. made such mod myself if you want to look at it.

Putting all the power in one person hand seems bad idea in practice.

2. i just tested noclip using original client with cheat trainer to move around ( changing y coordinate ) to get quickly to -1000 and get stuff quickly.. server didnt really complain about it. Its really simple to check every now and then if player is completely inside wall ( feet and head inside walls ) and that works well against noclip.

3. simple script to clear spawn in radius 20 blocks every day of locked chests/doors/shops and other undiggable blocks would be nice

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 15:41

rnd wrote:1.sheriff: seems ppl who become sheriff like to abuse powers a lot (mute players randomly, sent to jail for fun ...). And they promote other for deputies who abuse powers, its not really working well. And there is no way to fight back at corrupt sheriff.

Why not just have simple voting for kick player, mute player temporarily etc.. where at least 1/2 of ppl on server need to vote and more yes votes than no votes to succeed.. no need for fancy blocks just /vote player vote_type reason and then /y /n for voting. made such mod myself if you want to look at it.

Putting all the power in one person hand seems bad idea in practice.

2. i just tested noclip using original client with cheat trainer to move around ( changing y coordinate ) to get quickly to -1000 and get stuff quickly.. server didnt really complain about it. Its really simple to check every now and then if player is completely inside wall ( feet and head inside walls ) and that works well against noclip.

3. simple script to clear spawn in radius 20 blocks every day of locked chests/doors/shops and other undiggable blocks would be nice

I have just the script for that, it is a fork of Lag's original:
https://github.com/maikerumine/spawn_sanitizer
I just added more nodes to clear. That simple.

Also: TenPlus made a mod that causes hurt if inside node, like your code RND, it may be of use too.
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10090

lag01

by lag01 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 21:25

1.Well, rnd voting idea is good, but that would be completely different mod, and i am not giving up on sheriff idea yet.
Yeah, in log file it looks like bunch of people in town got guns and are shooting randomly around... but i am hoping, eventually situation will be better.
2.Log contains many messages "player moved too fast, resetting position", so i got delusion that moving too fast was prevented... guess need to find or make anticheat mod.
3.Spawn sanitizer really needs some improvements...

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 23:49

lag01 wrote:1.Well, rnd voting idea is good, but that would be completely different mod, and i am not giving up on sheriff idea yet.
Yeah, in log file it looks like bunch of people in town got guns and are shooting randomly around... but i am hoping, eventually situation will be better.
2.Log contains many messages "player moved too fast, resetting position", so i got delusion that moving too fast was prevented... guess need to find or make anticheat mod.
3.Spawn sanitizer really needs some improvements...

Where did they get the guns?
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

lag01

by lag01 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 06:43

BBmine wrote:...
Where did they get the guns?

figuratively speaking...

rnd

IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 21:40

city_block jailer but without jailing innocent players who just happened to be near:
https://github.com/ac-minetest/city_block

BlueFireIceUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Mon Feb 08, 2016 18:00

Well, I feel you lag don't care about me who was on just test since 5 years and care more abotu Life and TemaX who were on since 1 year. I feel all what I did was ... useless. Why do I say that? Just cause lag lets them ruin rails near spawn for theirself but why did he do that? Since I saw that, I prefer play on maike's server cause there, there is only ADMIN who has favors and who give them to who he knows since long time and don't give stuff to random people. If anyone has something to say, you can. If you want see me on just test, I will be on ESM with a good admin

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Feb 19, 2016 22:04

Wow... I just took a look at the Magnolia city, must say it looks real nice! How are people able to get desert stone in the world of all stone?

BlueFireIceUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 20:44

maikerumine wrote:Wow... I just took a look at the Magnolia city, must say it looks real nice! How are people able to get desert stone in the world of all stone?

ask Life and TemaX. They say a shop but they never showed that shop so I think they cheat

lag01

by lag01 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 20:48

maikerumine wrote:Wow... I just took a look at the Magnolia city, must say it looks real nice! How are people able to get desert stone in the world of all stone?

Wierd... The only desert stuff i remember, was long ago, before there was protection blocks, i built little artificial desert (right bottom corner of picture) and in center of that desert, there was wery little amount of desert sand and maybe stone hidden.
I saw in Xanadu thread something about cheaters creating/duplicating resources, but i don't know details...
Or, maybe, mapgen tricked me and created desert stone somewhere.

Attachments
map140503.png
map140503.png (206.48 KiB) Viewed 3470 times

BlueFireIceUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 20:55

lag01 wrote:

Wierd... The only desert stuff i remember, was long ago, before there was protection blocks, i built little artificial desert (right bottom corner of picture) and in center of that desert, there was wery little amount of desert sand and maybe stone hidden.
I saw in Xanadu thread something about cheaters creating/duplicating resources, but i don't know details...
Or, maybe, mapgen tricked me and created desert stone somewhere.

It's totally possible. You're right about Xanadu, there are people using cheats (like ex gold_digger used) who could add you infinite stuff but , after, idk how it works but I think TemaX and Life are cheaters cause what they did with all those protections

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Sat Feb 20, 2016 21:04

You need to have at least 1 of the items to use those glitches you are talking about.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Sat Feb 20, 2016 23:23

Interesting, went exploring it, nothing :(

lag01

by lag01 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 23:33

Fixerol wrote:Interesting, went exploring it, nothing :(

When i went exploring it after few weeks at that time, there already was nothing, just some guy's cobble hut.

lag01

by lag01 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:49

rnd wrote:city_block jailer but without jailing innocent players who just happened to be near:
https://github.com/ac-minetest/city_block

Nice!
rnd, thanks,
i included your changes into my city_block with some improvements.
Added it to server and also pushed to my github.

gold_digger

In-game: gold_digger

by gold_digger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 21:34

Well, seems Life is really cheating now. Using their Sheriff powers to steel stuff, and IP rotating to keep his powers.
Lag, the last 4 mods (AdminTNT, CityBlock and Sheriff, City Jail ) have all been counter productive towards preventing greifers and cheats. In fact, its made it worse. TemaX (Life's Friend) and Life able to take land by using grouped AdminTNT to remove Protector blocks. CityBlocks preventing placing of water and having nice buildings. Now you've slowed down burn. I guess next will be removing burning completely. Making City Blocks pointless. Sheriff allow grouped abusers to gang together, keep each other in power, Life rotating his IP (observed by two players). Gives them ability to kill, then prevent player returning for their bones. Then Finally City Jail abusers tormenting, building and causing someone to accidentally hit them, before they retaliate causing that player to go to jail. Now that is a laugh. PlayerGirl hated that one. You can no longer defend your ground or griefers, you have to watch them or get sent to jail. Finally, Life is making spawn very pretty with billions of protectors and cobble. What a wonderful world it is without administrators. I know lag has never really cared for this server. But it used to be a fun and full family server. Now its just annoyances and everyone is leaving. Good job Xanadu, Extream and France servers is there for us to have an alternative life.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers