Xanadu Server

Daedric

In-game: LoLa

Re: Xanadu Server

by Daedric » Thu Jun 16, 2016 19:42

Last edited by Daedric on Fri Jun 17, 2016 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Daedric

by Daedric » Thu Jun 16, 2016 19:43

Last edited by Daedric on Fri Jun 17, 2016 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 20:12

Shinji owns the server and will ban/limit any player if he feels they are there to cause trouble.

Xanthin

GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 21:25

Period.

myster

In-game: myster

by myster » Thu Jun 16, 2016 21:42

I alway put it this way, If Shinji decided to ban me for no reason at all, I have no right to be messed up about it. It is his server. As Kilarin put it, think of it as his backyard. He can kick us out at any time, and does not have to have a reason. He is nice enough, though, that he lets us play for free on his server.
I hope this made sense. ---myster :)
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

MykieDoesStuff

In-game: MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Thu Jun 16, 2016 22:14

myster wrote:I alway put it this way, If Shinji decided to ban me for no reason at all, I have no right to be messed up about it. It is his server. As Kilarin put it, think of it as his backyard. He can kick us out at any time, and does not have to have a reason. He is nice enough, though, that he lets us play for free on his server.
I hope this made sense. ---myster :)

+1

I am banned too, however, I don't plan on going back to Xannadu.

(For those who don't know me... I was the player "iDevMe" *cough*)
For fast response... send me a PM

cutecherrysuger

In-game: cutecherrysuger

by cutecherrysuger » Fri Jun 17, 2016 04:15

i guess shinjin was a bit rough on him. I'd like to say sorry on behalf of Shinji.
Please forget about what he did. He can clearly do what he wants on his server.

Daedric

by Daedric » Fri Jun 17, 2016 05:14

Last edited by Daedric on Fri Jun 17, 2016 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Daedric

by Daedric » Fri Jun 17, 2016 07:03

Last edited by Daedric on Fri Jun 17, 2016 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Bonny

by Bonny » Fri Jun 17, 2016 07:32

I don't think a "kid" who spams such stuff should ever be allowed on ANY server..Image
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

Killerz

In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 07:38

That was harming other people.if josh wasnt on he would 100% get banned,It is sad how you think you can just go and imposter other people in such a way.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Daedric

by Daedric » Fri Jun 17, 2016 08:34

Bonny wrote:I don't think a "kid" who spams such stuff should ever be allowed on ANY server..Image

That wasn't me.
I listed all my accounts that I used in the above post.
If you dont believe me you can check that fake minetestjosh IP and country.
And check all the IP and country of the users i mentioned.

Daedric

by Daedric » Fri Jun 17, 2016 08:35

Killerz wrote:That was harming other people.if josh wasnt on he would 100% get banned,It is sad how you think you can just go and imposter other people in such a way.

I agree.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09

I'm glad someone screenshot rnminetestjosh the troll. It obviously wasn't me, but I almost got banned for it.

"player makes other players talks it seems" (sarcasm)

"hows he using exact name" (doubt)

I would have been banned if I was not on at the time. 100%
Attachments
rninetestjosh 02.png
rninetestjosh 02.png (286.45 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
rninetestjosh 01.png
rninetestjosh 01.png (580.15 KiB) Viewed 4109 times

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:40

minetestjosh wrote:I'm glad someone screenshot rnminetestjosh the troll. It obviously wasn't me, but I almost got banned for it.

"player makes other players talks it seems" (sarcasm)

"hows he using exact name" (doubt)

I would have been banned if I was not on at the time. 100%

Thats not true. Everytime known player starts suddenly cursing/talking weird, we KNOW to check f10 to make sure if its fake account. So no, you wouldn't have got banned even if you weren't on. We moderators do doublecheck first what the name was. Hitting f10 is not hard.

So that "100%" is overeacting in my opinion....

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Fri Jun 17, 2016 13:50

IceAgeComing wrote:So that "100%" is overeacting in my opinion....

Good to know mods saw "player makes other players talks it seems" and "hows he using exact name" and were able to correct for the obvious name spoof. With the user in question loudly protesting that they weren't the spoofer in question. I'm glad the mods didn't overreact before the user was able to protest. For sure.

Phiwari123

In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 15:15

I just wanna say to this now that no one would have banned you without checking if its a fake account or not, since we always make sure if its fake or not before doing something like limiting.

And its only human to react shocked at first, since we expected everything to happen after trying to deal with that for like 4 hours... When i came online that day in the morning it started and continued until 2pm or so, so yeah, we might have thought at first that it was really your account sending that message by being hacked or whatever, but its not like we didnt notice it at all.
And also, we know that you would not say anything like that.

Edit: Also, its human to overreact in such a situation when dealing with a player who keeps making accounts and also accounts with other players' names for hours.
Aber glaubt mir, dass man Glück und Zuversicht selbst in Zeiten der Dunkelheit zu finden vermag.
Man darf nur nicht vergessen, ein Licht leuchten zu lassen.
(A.P.W.B.D)

Killerz

by Killerz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 15:34

Someone watergriefed bronze tp pad.interestingly there werent any source blocks that i could find.
For some reason i cant post a screenshot since it says that 'The entity was too large'.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Bobr

by Bobr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 16:42

OK so basically I have keped on a down low for ages as another account and neon just. Limited me I ant going to cause any trouble I promise and can you please show this message to the owner hi I am really sorry for what I did before as Bobr I am a changed person and love helping mystik I am sure if you ask the mods on skyblocks I am a good player they would say yes so I am begging you to unlimit me and give me another chance so can one of the mods/admins please give me another chance since on this account I have done nothing rong pm for more details plz plus also I am not a bad player I love the game and love farming so if you don't want me only grant me interact in a certain area eg spawn and my farms so I can keep on helping out mystik

ParaklataChotou

GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:29

I'm starting to think that these 'hackers' are the administrator and the moderators. They're the only people who can get access with with passwords, usernames...
I have accessed several times to this server, and all I see are comments of moderators - they are very annoying. Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong . I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:34

Bobr wrote:OK so basically I have keped on a down low for ages as another account and neon just. Limited me I ant going to cause any trouble I promise and can you please show this message to the owner hi I am really sorry for what I did before as Bobr I am a changed person and love helping mystik I am sure if you ask the mods on skyblocks I am a good player they would say yes so I am begging you to unlimit me and give me another chance so can one of the mods/admins please give me another chance since on this account I have done nothing rong pm for more details plz plus also I am not a bad player I love the game and love farming so if you don't want me only grant me interact in a certain area eg spawn and my farms so I can keep on helping out mystik

You don't need to apologize with them.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Bobr

by Bobr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:43

I do I feel like I did ring on my other account(Bobr) I worded my words ring and didn't mean to if it sounded like that. I am a good player and I am hoping you will reconsider to unlimit me and give me another chance I would love that please

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 19:21

Killerz wrote:Someone watergriefed bronze tp pad.interestingly there werent any source blocks that i could find.
For some reason i cant post a screenshot since it says that 'The entity was too large'.

If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12... But you can use Print Screen button, and then paste it on Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, LibreOffice Draw...

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 19:26

ParaklataChotou wrote:If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12...

Thats not even possible.... Since F12-function is a built-in function in the game and does not have to do anything with players' privileges.
Aber glaubt mir, dass man Glück und Zuversicht selbst in Zeiten der Dunkelheit zu finden vermag.
(A.P.W.B.D)

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 22:28

Phiwari123 wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12...

Thats not even possible.... Since F12-function is a built-in function in the game and does not have to do anything with players' privileges.

Yes... It's posible.

Killerz

by Killerz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 01:40

I do have the screenshot.It just wont allow me to post it on the forum
And btw,everyone can use F12
So if what you are saying is true,only Ten should have a 'F12' priv(and shinji ofc) but the last time i checked,there was no 'F12" priv
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz

by Killerz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 02:47

ParaklataChotou wrote:I'm starting to think that these 'hackers' are the administrator and the moderators. They're the only people who can get access with with passwords, usernames...
I have accessed several times to this server, and all I see are comments of moderators - they are very annoying. Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong . I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all.

1: only admins can access usernames and passwords
2: Why on earth do you think that ten or shinj would want to ruin their own server which hey have put soo much effort into maintaining and running?
3:Regarding you finiding moderators verry 'annoying',and you only seeing comments of mods,there is F2 and why cant they talk?
4: Can you give me a example of 'Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong'?
5:And when you say 'I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all' How long have you been playing? have you been to ALL of the servers?
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

auxodere

by auxodere » Sun Jun 19, 2016 06:00

idk whats going on

But I hope I can play in Xanadu soon.

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 06:52

Killerz wrote:1: only admins can access usernames and passwords
2: Why on earth do you think that ten or shinj would want to ruin their own server which hey have put soo much effort into maintaining and running?
3:Regarding you finiding moderators verry 'annoying',and you only seeing comments of mods,there is F2 and why cant they talk?
4: Can you give me a example of 'Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong'?
5:And when you say 'I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all' How long have you been playing? have you been to ALL of the servers?

+1

ParaklataChotou wrote:Yes... It's posible.

No it's not. (If you completely change the whole Game-engine and change main code of it, then yeah, probably it would be possible. But why would someone do that?) Its an ingame-function that has nothing to do with Privileges.
(A.P.W.B.D)

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 08:58

Ten explicitly told me that passwords were hashed so it would be difficult to access them unless the user used a really dumb and simple password. The spammer was likely someone using 'password' or '12345' or something like that and their account got hacked.

Bobr. :(

killerz is on point. mods keep a safe atmosphere for kids. Probably the safest server for kids to come to.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers