[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 55

botumin

In-game: botumin

Re: @test@ Just Test II [SERVER]

by botumin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 07:10

hey, I tested the new digging xp yesterday with a bit of guidance from rnd.

I agree with others here that constant change can be discouraging, but if necessary... well maybe nicer if it seemed a little more planned ahead, or at least announced with clear explanations at spawn, or message of the day (or at least have a link of those point to proper documentation).

This morning I woke up with 0 digging experience... good thing I only tested digging briefly (I believe I had gotten allowed down to -370 or something like that), but once again, discouraging that this is buggy and previous work is lost.

I think this won't really help all that much against cheaters and might actually encourage them to gain a bit of that "VIP" status, but it might give it a nice experience to the whole server... if it doesn't keep changing and making people lose their work.

botumin

by botumin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:04

also today testing the mod out (you know me, looking for bugs) I noticed the experience gain is different to yesterday by a factor of 10.
That is, mining iron and copper I got 0.01 instead of 0.1 and coal wouldn't even register (didn't get more than 10... probably it is adding 0.001 each block).

This in spite of the fact that the boneworld.mineralxp array in the code is still the same.
Is this a faulty implementation of the "bonus" xp? or just a change in difficulty added yesterday?.

So... again, not having clear rules, besides constantly changing them is very discouraging in a game. I'm not saying don't change it, because I actually sort of like the idea, but understand that people in the game have plans.

I had a nice TNT mining shaft that started a bit above -2000, first the mapgen griefed it and now I have to wait to get near 1029 exp before going back, which yesterday meant 1k diamonds now it means 10k. Mined, not TNT'd. I probably won't go mining today in hopes tomorrow's work will be worth 10 times what todays' is.

Ah... and I don't believe the mod in question is even shared in this forum:
https://github.com/ac-minetest/boneworl ... r/init.lua
This mod would benefit from a wiki where the rules are clearly stated.

Same goes for basic_vote:
https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_vo ... r/init.lua
Which can be abused as some videos and comments here have shown.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 13:07

All what basic_vote needs is to do is implementing /help and also improve the chat messages (because they are pretty cryptic as of now). Then basic_vote might actually become usable outside of the Elite Circle Of Lua Programmers. ;-) But rnd constantly ignores my requests to fix it (including my pull request). (Note: rnd is ac-minetest on GitHub.)

For bonesworld, I agree, more help is needed. I am not 100% happy with the wiki idea but as long there's no viable better alternative, it's better than nothing. Hell, at least writing a simple README file (directed to users, not coders) would be a good start. I am a strong proponent of “document your own code”. :P
Anyways, I work on creating a viable alternative for help, namely, an in-game help, but so far it is not ready for “production” IMO.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 22:47

sorcerykid just built a road out of bones. Here's how it looks with the old bones textures:

https://i.imgur.com/IvvBKd8.png

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Thu Oct 06, 2016 23:46

FYI if you have less than 2 bone xp you lose ALL YOUR XP. Thanks rnd.

So this means you must always have bone xp or you eventually lose all your dig xp. Sounds real fair right?

I will hack the code and make it so you don't lose your stats based on bones.

843jdc

GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Fri Oct 07, 2016 03:45

Fair? Nope. IMHO.

It would be really nice if players that had a certain bone or dig xp didn't have their player files deleted every night. I've lost track of how many diamonds that I've lot in the last couple of weeks. It's a lot.

I highly dislike players being able to hide their names using /vote

Botumin might be right about the low xp gained from digging. It takes a lot of digging to gain any xp. I didn't analyze it though. I just kept digging haha

All in all I like the xp mod. It just needs some fine-tuning :)

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Sat Oct 08, 2016 01:41

Last weekend's nomadic excursion with maikerumine and aidenminer was a blast! The goal was simple: travel by foot as far north as possible with only a wooden pickaxe, a wooden sword, and some apples. And most importantly survive!

We got together an impromptu team of people including 843jdc, Amaretto, BlueFireUn, jtee, kumma__, SaKeL, WoodDeNoche, and myself. It was truly a battle against all odds, forcing us to share a very limited supply tools and food while building makeshift shelters and fending off stone monsters.

Needless to say, rnd beat us to the punch. He was the first to make it to 10,000 meters while the rest of us were struggling just to stay alive. By the time I arrived, he was already preparing his new basecamp!

I immediately set out to gather materials. I dug my first mine to -500m, and emerged with a decent haul of diamonds, mese, copper, and iron. But, as luck would have it, my client crashed in the midst of a hoard of stone monsters. That meant walking 10,000m from spawn to collect my bones. To my surprise, I found this memorial designed by rnd: "here lies brave sorcery, fought valiantly till her last breath. was torn apart by fiendish monsters. You will stay in our hearts forever. R.I.P."

Once, I did gather my wits (and my belongings), I was able to complete my very first outpost at 10,000 -- my new home away from home :)

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Sat Oct 08, 2016 01:53

Awesome!
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

botumin

by botumin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 07:23

That was beautiful sorcerykid.

Sorry to change the topic, but Maike: you mentioned in game chat you'd be multiplying xp from ores by 10, and it seemed to work for a little while but it's back to 0.1 per diamond, 0.01 per iron and 0.001? for coal.

Did you change your mind or somehow update the mod and erase your changes by mistake?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:05

I did update bit don't remember changing the ore values. You can see the whole update process on my video from last night.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:11

That was an incredible experience sorcerykid, thanks for the screenshots! I can see a migration happening soon with more and more buildings being built. :)

rnd

IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Sat Oct 08, 2016 17:36

so .. i was playing today and suddenly this happened... wtf

spawn from my house

my house from spawn

fixer house
Attachments
sphere_just_test2_3.jpg
sphere_just_test2_3.jpg (182.62 KiB) Viewed 5331 times
sphere_just_test2_2.jpg
sphere_just_test2_2.jpg (164.09 KiB) Viewed 5331 times
sphere_just_test2_1.jpg
sphere_just_test2_1.jpg (189.47 KiB) Viewed 5331 times

SaKeL

GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Sun Oct 09, 2016 08:47

Sorcerer!! The world is flat not round !

BTW: could you close the poll above ? I would like to change my answer and since the "xp" mod has changed a lot from the last time this poll was created it's maybe not that relevant anymore. It has been "blast" for everyone to have the remarkable rewards from this mod and almost no limitations.
Follow my Collection for more Minetest creations found on my server or join the Community for the latest Server updates and news.

SaKeL

SaKeL

GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Sun Oct 09, 2016 09:01

I was thinking if you would like to have as a part of your anti-cheat mod something to prevent griefing. Last time i have tried the lagporter mod with protector from TenPlus1 it worked great. Maybe you can give it a try on your development environment ;)
Follow my Collection for more Minetest creations found on my server or join the Community for the latest Server updates and news.

SaKeL

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:25

wow i love your server, the jail too haha i got send to jail like 20 times now lol

btw how do you set a jail? umm what mod?
does t have to do with the mintest,config file
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Mon Oct 10, 2016 15:04

ManElevation wrote:wow i love your server, the jail too haha i got send to jail like 20 times now lol

That is part of city block mod. :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Mon Oct 10, 2016 17:40

SORCERYKID it appeared your account was compromised so I reset the password. I will tell you in pm as publicworks the new pass.

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Mon Oct 10, 2016 17:51

That awkward moment when you try to redesign facade of your house to make it a Halloween theme, and then get banned by friend and kicked by admin for redecorating your own property. Thanks.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Mon Oct 10, 2016 18:16

sorcerykid wrote:That awkward moment when you try to redesign facade of your house to make it a Halloween theme, and then get banned by friend and kicked by admin for redecorating your own property. Thanks.

I am sorry for the mis-communication, I was trying to protect your account. :/ My bad. You are all set, i sent new password via pm.

BlueFireIceUn

In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Mon Oct 10, 2016 20:21

sorcerykid wrote:That awkward moment when you try to redesign facade of your house to make it a Halloween theme, and then get banned by friend and kicked by admin for redecorating your own property. Thanks.

I'm so sorry for what I did :( I don't know how can I do to make you forgive me? :( I wish I can do somethign for you :/ I love you sorcery and if I need to leave the server to make you go back in, I will do cause I want your joy
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

twoelk

by twoelk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 21:54

do the unexpected and nobody will recognize you

BlueFireIceUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Tue Oct 11, 2016 04:24

Guys, here is a news which is actually true, I won't play again on this server cause I brought pains, prove is with sorcerykid. I was that friend who banned her thinking she got hacked... I prefer leave the server now than make more pains. If anyone wants me to stay, you can say it if you want but I won't come back. If people wants to see me, there is 3 servers where I can be => Extreme Survival Minetest (which is back since yesterday); the new Viking's Crafter (for UltimateNoob, one of those players who wanted me to stay) , 2b2t (for minecraft side) and if any of my friends make a server I will go in but yet only those 3. Thanks guys to be nice with me, I'm sorry for all this pain , I brought you, thanks to SDN, to UltimateNoob, to SaKeL and to EmoKitty to tried to make me stay, thanks sorcerykid for all the love you gave me, I want you to stay and I will make handsome building like people did on just test I for my birthday but this time for you to come back cause you're the most important player of this server and you got banned and kicked just by my fault. If you all do not forgive me, I will totally understood. I love you sorcerykid, I like you all guys, bye now :(

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Tue Oct 11, 2016 06:20

maikerumine wrote:
ManElevation wrote:wow i love your server, the jail too haha i got send to jail like 20 times now lol

That is part of city block mod. :)

yea i know, i have that mod, but how do you set jail?
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Tue Oct 11, 2016 06:22

BlueFireIceUn wrote:Guys, here is a news which is actually true, I won't play again on this server cause I brought pains, prove is with sorcerykid. I was that friend who banned her thinking she got hacked... I prefer leave the server now than make more pains. If anyone wants me to stay, you can say it if you want but I won't come back. If people wants to see me, there is 3 servers where I can be => Extreme Survival Minetest (which is back since yesterday); the new Viking's Crafter (for UltimateNoob, one of those players who wanted me to stay) , 2b2t (for minecraft side) and if any of my friends make a server I will go in but yet only those 3. Thanks guys to be nice with me, I'm sorry for all this pain , I brought you, thanks to SDN, to UltimateNoob, to SaKeL and to EmoKitty to tried to make me stay, thanks sorcerykid for all the love you gave me, I want you to stay and I will make handsome building like people did on just test I for my birthday but this time for you to come back cause you're the most important player of this server and you got banned and kicked just by my fault. If you all do not forgive me, I will totally understood. I love you sorcerykid, I like you all guys, bye now :(

:(

BlueFireIceUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Tue Oct 11, 2016 17:14

ManElevation wrote:
BlueFireIceUn wrote:Guys, here is a news which is actually true, I won't play again on this server cause I brought pains, prove is with sorcerykid. I was that friend who banned her thinking she got hacked... I prefer leave the server now than make more pains. If anyone wants me to stay, you can say it if you want but I won't come back. If people wants to see me, there is 3 servers where I can be => Extreme Survival Minetest (which is back since yesterday); the new Viking's Crafter (for UltimateNoob, one of those players who wanted me to stay) , 2b2t (for minecraft side) and if any of my friends make a server I will go in but yet only those 3. Thanks guys to be nice with me, I'm sorry for all this pain , I brought you, thanks to SDN, to UltimateNoob, to SaKeL and to EmoKitty to tried to make me stay, thanks sorcerykid for all the love you gave me, I want you to stay and I will make handsome building like people did on just test I for my birthday but this time for you to come back cause you're the most important player of this server and you got banned and kicked just by my fault. If you all do not forgive me, I will totally understood. I love you sorcerykid, I like you all guys, bye now :(

:(

Don't be sad, I still like you :)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 20:07

Minor bug: When a monster dies, the bones will show it has 0 XP while in fact it has 0.01 XP (if I recall correctly).

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Tue Oct 11, 2016 23:36

Wuzzy wrote:Minor bug: When a monster dies, the bones will show it has 0 XP while in fact it has 0.01 XP (if I recall correctly).

great thx for telling us

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Thu Oct 13, 2016 17:13

So I'm trying to give this server a go but really struggling as is expected :)
However, I really could use a bit of help with craft recipes. Took me ages to figure out how to craft a block of dirt. Anyone care to throw me a bone?
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

twoelk

by twoelk » Thu Oct 13, 2016 18:19

go to Wuzzy's place and buy the "Bones Book"

or simply press [back] in the inventory and open the craft guide

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Thu Oct 13, 2016 20:25

twoelk wrote:go to Wuzzy's place and buy the "Bones Book"