"just test" server

lag01

GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: "just test" server

by lag01 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 18:03

fire_extinquisher monitors area in 8 node radius(only 2 nodes bellow), and when fire is detected, it is removed. Well, detection rate is low, so it has other option - when you right-click on it, fire in 16 block radius is removed instantly.

chat2 is meant to deal with that insane chat flow - messages are shown there if players are nearby, if they are prepended by !, or if they contain your name. I am still experimenting with that, and plan to also add /msg and your chosen words/names there.

lolswag

In-game: lolswag

by lolswag » Mon Jun 22, 2015 22:04

Lag,

It's lolswag, I would like it if you please put a couple of mods.
I would like it if you please put a actuall money mod in so that we can use gold for over stuff like build.I would also like it if you would please add some more nyan cat and rainbow.I love what you have done to the server and I think it is the best server on the list.
I would love to see these changes please. I also think you are the best server owner on here.your world is a combination of 2 things I like PvP and mining. I have been on the server for a year, and have not found any nyan :( . So can you please try to help with that situation??

---lolswag---

---lolswag---

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Jun 23, 2015 03:48

lolswag wrote:Lag,

It's lolswag, I would like it if you please put a couple of mods.
I would like it if you please put a actuall money mod in so that we can use gold for over stuff like build.I would also like it if you would please add some more nyan cat and rainbow.I love what you have done to the server and I think it is the best server on the list.
I would love to see these changes please. I also think you are the best server owner on here.your world is a combination of 2 things I like PvP and mining. I have been on the server for a year, and have not found any nyan :( . So can you please try to help with that situation??

---lolswag---

---lolswag---

HI LOLSWAG!

+1 on the best server!!!

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 18:59

How to enabling keyboard control (w,s,a,d,i,space) at russian keyboard layout?
Как заставить работать управление с клавиатуры (w,s,a,d,i,space) на русской раскладке?

lag01

by lag01 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 19:38

amadin wrote:How to enabling keyboard control (w,s,a,d,i,space) at russian keyboard layout?
Как заставить работать управление с клавиатуры (w,s,a,d,i,space) на русской раскладке?

Settings > Change keys > press with mouse, then press correct key
Settings > Change keys > кликни мышкой и выбери клавиши, которые тебе надо.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Mon Jun 29, 2015 20:17

lag01, could you please remove that lava and water from megamountain near the spawn that goes above the clouds? It lowers my fps so much.

lag01

by lag01 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 21:08

Fixerol wrote:lag01, could you please remove that lava and water from megamountain near the spawn that goes above the clouds? It lowers my fps so much.

That will take something more than just ordinary admin tnt...
Maybe need to create mod for admin cobble bomb, which destroys lava and water above certain level. But now i am busy, later.

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Mon Jun 29, 2015 22:50

lag01 wrote:
Fixerol wrote:lag01, could you please remove that lava and water from megamountain near the spawn that goes above the clouds? It lowers my fps so much.

Maybe need to create mod for admin cobble bomb, which destroys lava and water above certain level. But now i am busy, later.

Btw, there is so much spam on this server, people spam with huge message regularly (takes at least half of my 19" 5:4 screen)

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 16:02

What the items are at "unknown item"?

lag01

by lag01 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 16:10

amadin wrote:What the items are at "unknown item"?

wool, any color of it, if i remember correctly.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 18:52

lag01 wrote:

Here is a simple fix:

Add world edit mod to your map and fly over to there and replace all lava nodes with air.
I too am sick of that grief, it is sooo close to my house/farm. I tried to manually put out some of the sources, but the slow lava hanging doesn't go away.

It would be easier to do in offline mode, I am sure we could wait a day to play if that is what it takes to fix.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 20:30

Attachments
jtlaaa.png
jtlaaa.png (209.04 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Wed Jul 01, 2015 23:24

Yeah, that one! I was trying to fix it, lost countless lives here, and gave up, it is huge megagrief. Reminds me of old times with celeron on his test server with huge lava fields everywhere above everything.

Server admin, please fix it, we will thank you a lot :D

// Nice tutorial

lag01

by lag01 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 21:22

Thank you for video Maike, Word Edits code helped a lot!
Right now i am trying to upload video of how i dealt with this grief...

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Thu Jul 02, 2015 23:06

Nice! Looks like megagrief is over (was near the bottom of it), looking forward for a video.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Thu Jul 02, 2015 23:16

No problem! Looking forward to your video too!

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Thu Jul 02, 2015 23:48

Found water spot that was left - https://i.imgur.com/VqHZvMm.png

BTW, I had a period of inactivity on server, but when I come back, I've noticed that my place was changed a LOT, I had my coordinates in my notes so I've digged a lot and found all my stuff back (including torches in rock), it seems that this place was filled with rock entirely, I've managed to clean up it to some degree.

Also, is it possible to remove junk above rails? Like tree trunks, doors, sand above it?

Also 2, it seems that I'm unable to harvest bones of killed monsters like they are protected.

Also 3, spawn needs total cleaning and redesigning, cursed stones with monsters on spawn should go away, need more signs with rules, damage free area (so players will not damage each other), 1block towers, blocks in air should go away.

Please fix it! It is a total mess.

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 01:42

I have an idea about a mod to make. You can give someone items without him being online, the items stolen, or disappearing. Like a depositing machine, except it does not give you gold in return, and you can decide what to give and the quanity. A mailbox basically.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

BBmine

by BBmine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 01:47

Fixerol wrote:Found water spot that was left - https://i.imgur.com/VqHZvMm.png

BTW, I had a period of inactivity on server, but when I come back, I've noticed that my place was changed a LOT, I had my coordinates in my notes so I've digged a lot and found all my stuff back (including torches in rock), it seems that this place was filled with rock entirely, I've managed to clean up it to some degree.

Also, is it possible to remove junk above rails? Like tree trunks, doors, sand above it?

Also 2, it seems that I'm unable to harvest bones of killed monsters like they are protected.

Also 3, spawn needs total cleaning and redesigning, cursed stones with monsters on spawn should go away, need more signs with rules, damage free area (so players will not damage each other), 1block towers, blocks in air should go away.

Please fix it! It is a total mess.

Maybe the monseter's bones were still fresh. The rest lag will most likely have to see about.
God's not dead!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 01:55

BBmine wrote:I have an idea about a mod to make. You can give someone items without him being online, the items stolen, or disappearing. Like a depositing machine, except it does not give you gold in return, and you can decide what to give and the quanity. A mailbox basically.

Such a mod exists already: inbox
A list of my mods can be found here.

BBmine

by BBmine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:46

Sokomine wrote:
BBmine wrote:I have an idea about a mod to make. You can give someone items without him being online, the items stolen, or disappearing. Like a depositing machine, except it does not give you gold in return, and you can decide what to give and the quanity. A mailbox basically.

Thanks! Lag, could you add inbox to this server please?
God's not dead!

lag01

by lag01 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 04:56

BBmine wrote:
Sokomine wrote:

Thanks! Lag, could you add inbox to this server please?

Very good, i had idea about this for a long time, but was unable to find this mod for some reason.
Will add this as soon as i inspect the code and, maybe, do some changes.

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Mon Jul 13, 2015 18:24

BTW, about depositing machines, I don't get it how they work, they exchange gold for corpses, I have lots of corpses, pressing OK, but nothing happens. Have not tried vending one. // They are on someone else's protected territory.

lag01

by lag01 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 18:43

Fixerol wrote:BTW, about depositing machines, I don't get it how they work, they exchange gold for corpses, I have lots of corpses, pressing OK, but nothing happens. Have not tried vending one. // They are on someone else's protected territory.

Most likely, the one you was trying to use was out of gold. Find shop of more active player.

BBmine

by BBmine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 20:30

Often I start out in jail with just the basic items in my inventory, so I have to make the long trek home a lot of times, which can be quite a drag. :(

BTW, here's a screenshot from the mapgen grief:
Grief.png
Grief.png (549.99 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
Last edited by BBmine on Sat Jul 18, 2015 22:49, edited 4 times in total.
God's not dead!

lag01

by lag01 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 22:06

BBmine wrote:Often I start out in jail with just the basic items in my inventory, so I have to make the long trek home a lot of times, which can be quite a drag. :(

Grief.png

If during server restart your inventory contains only several basic items, then your profile is cleaned, this includes coordinates. Without this cleanup, profile file count grow to many tens of thousands.

BBmine

by BBmine » Tue Jul 14, 2015 01:40

lag01 wrote:
BBmine wrote:Often I start out in jail with just the basic items in my inventory, so I have to make the long trek home a lot of times, which can be quite a drag. :(

Grief.png

If during server restart your inventory contains only several basic items, then your profile is cleaned, this includes coordinates. Without this cleanup, profile file count grow to many tens of thousands.

I would guess dropped items disappearing later would be due to this.
God's not dead!

BBmine

by BBmine » Tue Jul 14, 2015 16:07

lag01 wrote:
Fixerol wrote:BTW, about depositing machines, I don't get it how they work, they exchange gold for corpses, I have lots of corpses, pressing OK, but nothing happens. Have not tried vending one. // They are on someone else's protected territory.

Most likely, the one you was trying to use was out of gold. Find shop of more active player.

The farther away you are from spawn, the more likely you are to get a working depositing machine because not that many people use it.
Last edited by BBmine on Fri Jul 17, 2015 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
God's not dead!

BlueFireIceUn

In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 09:51

Dear lag, I love this idea of fire can't burn anything but I would prefer if it work. I did some tests and I found out many things burned. Look the screenshots who show the test , they're on this link : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater only 10 items didn't burn : wooden planks, jungle wooden plank, wood, wooden door, cotton seed, wheat seed, ladders, sapling of normal tree, wooden slab, jungle wood slab I didn't test the flowers but I prefer someone test for me the 6 flowers, torch, all the other wools and with the different stape of seeds.
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 13:17

BlueFireIceUn wrote:Dear lag, I love this idea of fire can't burn anything but I would prefer if it work. I did some tests and I found out many things burned. Look the screenshots who show the test , they're on this link : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater only 10 items didn't burn : wooden planks, jungle wooden plank, wood, wooden door, cotton seed, wheat seed, ladders, sapling of normal tree, wooden slab, jungle wood slab I didn't test the flowers but I prefer someone test for me the 6 flowers, torch, all the other wools and with the different stape of seeds.

LAG. You can use my fire mod it is in github, it is compatable with mobs and wont break game.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers