Are there any REALLY free servers?

LorenzoVulcan

Are there any REALLY free servers?

by LorenzoVulcan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 19:41

I don't want to judge anyone's type of play for sandbox games like minecraft and minetest,but are there any servers that are really free?

I mean,with free area protection you just type a command or put a really cheap block and you can't be attacked nor your building can be destroyed.This makes the game really boring in my opinion.

So this is my question,are there any servers with removable protections for buildings or no protections so players must build their houses not only for look but for security also?

WhoAreYou

In-game: whoareyou

Re: Are there any REALLY free servers?

by WhoAreYou » Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:15

On some VanessaE's, Onez's, MT-deezl, CL-F servers you can protect or ask for protecting areas.
WhoAreYou the subway builder

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:17

WhoAreYou wrote:On some VanessaE's, Onez's, MT-deezl, CL-F servers you can protect or ask for protecting areas.

That's exactly what i don't want.I want a server where people build their bases for fighting and not only for mining,protecting themselves with a single command.

Casimir

by Casimir » Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:38

Your question almost sounds like your are searching for a server where you can destroy other buildings and blame the people for not building then secure enough. I don't think this is what you wanted to say. In the case that you are friendly take a look at this one: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10054

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 20:46

I tried voxelgarden but that's pretty anarchic.I mean if there are system that allows you to protect your home when you're offline or away and that allows other players to attack your base when you're there,like the old firewall mod.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Oct 03, 2014 21:10

LorenzoVulcan wrote:I tried voxelgarden but that's pretty anarchic.I mean if there are system that allows you to protect your home when you're offline or away and that allows other players to attack your base when you're there,like the old firewall mod.

No, Voxelgarden really isn't the type of server you're looknig for. Based on what you wrote, you seem to be looking for a PvP/survival server. That's pretty opposite to what I like, so it's difficult to give you any hints.

To a degree, Xanandu might do. There are protection blocks, but the mods and admins do not care much about griefing, and only to a limited degree of killing. Still, most players might not like PvP much.

There are occasionally some chaotic servers with hordes of guests, bones around spawn, land hardly loading etc. - but I'm afraid those won't do for PvP either, as that's more a battle against unmaintained servers than anything else.

Perhaps someone else knows of a suitable server for you. There had been some such servers online now and then, but I got the impression that they're no long-term projects. My personal guess is that the game doesn't work very well for PvP/griefing wars - at least not for a long time.

If you can live with other regions of a server/other players than those who want to play directly with you having other rules, it might be easiest to join a server, ask the owner if you can have an area, get it protected and share it with whomever you want to play against.
A list of my mods can be found here.

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 21:21

Yes,but in Xanadu the protections are invulnerable.

Creating an area with my friends will resolve the issue for 30 minutes,than there will be no real competition.

CWz

by CWz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 08:07

look in the public server list for server that don't have a server_name or a server_description those server often don't have mods other then minetest_game.

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:37

Does any server run LandRush or Land Claim mod without amplified protections?This would be exactly what i want to play :)

Sol

In-game: sol

by Sol » Sat Oct 04, 2014 13:08

LorenzoVulcan wrote:Does any server run LandRush or Land Claim mod without amplified protections?This would be exactly what i want to play :)

What is amplified protection?
There is no such thing as duty. If you know that a thing is right, you want to do it. If you don't want to do it—it isn't right. If it's right and you don't want to do it—you don't know what right is and you're not a man. -- Ayn Rand

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Oct 04, 2014 13:22

Sol wrote:
LorenzoVulcan wrote:Does any server run LandRush or Land Claim mod without amplified protections?This would be exactly what i want to play :)

I think (s)he means the partwise protection:
- Owner of the area is online -> grief possible, notification for the owner
- Owner is offline -> area is fully protected
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 14:11

Krock wrote:
Sol wrote:

I think (s)he means the partwise protection:

I mean this protection,but amplified.When the areas are protected even if you're online.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Oct 04, 2014 14:29

LorenzoVulcan wrote:
Krock wrote:I think (s)he means the partwise protection:

I mean this protection,but amplified.When the areas are protected even if you're online.

That is the usual way how a protection mod protects. Otherwise, I wouldn't know any server with "partwise" protection (as described above).
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Return to Minetest Servers