IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

[0.4.14dev] Cryt-Survival

by Cryterion » Sat May 16, 2015 10:04

Cryterion's Survival Server

mt.thatgraemeguy.co.za : 30000

Admins : Cryterion, thatgraemeguy

Game Info:-

The game/world is off the original dreambuilder game, which was modified a bit and a few mods added. Currently it's a world on it's own path now, as a game on it's own development cycle. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Rules:
The usual rules apply, no griefing, stealing etc, pvp on agreement between both parties only.

The server shutdowns briefly at Midnight UTC+2 for backups.

Daily Updated Map of the world.
+ Spoiler

Default Privs : shout,fast (No others will be given except interact!)
Please register an account here on forums and request interact!, otherwise if an admin is online then request in IRC/ingame.

Protection :
You can protect your builds with ShadowNinja's areas mod. For help, just ask.

I'm happy to look at/test additional mods anyone feels should be in the game, keeping in mind that they will be checked and any node damage options either disabled or minimized to prevent griefing. Suggestions are welcome for changes or additional options.
Last edited by Cryterion on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:29, edited 53 times in total.
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

ThatGraemeGuy

GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

Re: Cryterion's Server [0.4.12dev]

by ThatGraemeGuy » Mon May 18, 2015 07:27

If it stays pure survival I might set up shop. So many of the "survival" servers have admins that use creative or give creative to a select group, and then you end up with infrastructure generated by mass application of creative and/or worldedit, instead of built by hand.

Cryterion

GitHub: Cryterion

by Cryterion » Mon May 18, 2015 08:10

It'll stay survival only
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

CWz

by CWz » Mon May 18, 2015 08:48

Default Privs : interact,shout,fast,areas.

Giving player the areas priv will allow anyplayer to change any area regardless of who owns it

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Mon May 18, 2015 08:51

Will fix that, thanks

Marshall_maz

In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Tue May 19, 2015 11:16

A fellow South-African. Very tempted to join :)

It will mean having to start over for the 5th time though :P
Is hostile mobs enabled ?
Is server 24/7 ?

Can I have interact please , username: Mazal

barrydk

IRC: barryd
In-game: barryd

by barrydk » Tue May 19, 2015 12:04

Ish will also start over.

rights please barrydk

Thanks

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Tue May 19, 2015 13:02

Marshall_maz wrote:A fellow South-African. Very tempted to join :)

It will mean having to start over for the 5th time though :P
Is hostile mobs enabled ?
Is server 24/7 ?

Can I have interact please , username: Mazal

Hostile mobs are enabled.
24/7 is dependant on Power atm, ups will be online soon!

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Tue May 19, 2015 13:39

How many nodes away from spawn can we build ? I want to get an idea of how long to extend the road

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Tue May 19, 2015 15:48

The map extends 32000+ in all directions. Try keep the spawn area itself clear for community buildings

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Tue May 19, 2015 15:54

Cryterion wrote:The map extends 32000+ in all directions. Try keep the spawn area itself clear for community buildings

I'm gonna move 100 nodes away

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed May 20, 2015 05:32

Ai nee sorry bud. Me and Barry really wanted to support you and play on your server but the lag is simply unplayable.

You should consider rather hosting your server at an ISP. Home line simply is too slow for it.
You could speak to ThatGreameGuy if you want to consider moving it to an ISP. He will be able to point you in
right direction and is very good with these things.

With the lag as is I can't play. Is just too frustrating

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Wed May 20, 2015 08:41

Server has been moved to a VS for better performance, Note server address change to connect, original game and map are running!

Thanks to graeme for the help there, we all appreciate it :)

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed May 20, 2015 08:48

Cryterion wrote:Server has been moved to a VS for better performance, Note server address change to connect, original game and map are running!

Thanks to graeme for the help there, we all appreciate it :)

Unable to connect. "Connection timed out" error

EDIT: Cryterion we have an irc channel #minetest-za on freenode that you can join us on for easier communication.

EDIT2: ThatGreameGuy sorted the connection issue , it's running much better. Thank you guys !!! :)

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed May 20, 2015 12:29

Cryterion , please disable the hostile mobs. I spent hours to get mese for travel network in mine and I was barely done when a monster came with it's fireballs and destroyed my first travel station :(

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Wed May 20, 2015 13:24

I've removed the node damage code from mobs, so that fireball might kill you, but won't damage anything else.
Change will occur at next daily server restart. Along with the following changes.
Armour won't drop on death.
Titanium swords now work on mods, little bit better than a diamond one.
and recipes now exist for digilines light sensor and rtc.
I'll give your new travelnet box when I see online again.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed May 20, 2015 14:02

Can you maybe look into the recipe for crafting iron boots ?

When placed as unified inventory shows it must be placed the result is steel bars and not iron boots.
I think those two have the same recipe.

Thanx for disabling that node damage.

What is the daily server restart/backup times btw ?

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Thu May 21, 2015 07:55

Daily backup isn't scheduled yet. I wrote a rudimentary script for it, was thinking perhaps midnight (UTC+2) for a start and we can monitor when the server is busy and adjust if needed.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Thu May 21, 2015 08:27

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:Daily backup isn't scheduled yet. I wrote a rudimentary script for it, was thinking perhaps midnight (UTC+2) for a start and we can monitor when the server is busy and adjust if needed.

That time sounds good.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Fri May 22, 2015 07:38

Daily backup & map image update now runs at 00:00 UTC+2.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri May 22, 2015 15:46

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:If it stays pure survival I might set up shop. So many of the "survival" servers have admins that use creative or give creative to a select group, and then you end up with infrastructure generated by mass application of creative and/or worldedit, instead of built by hand.

Seems taste varies. I like it a lot if servers are survival in general, but switch those players who are apparently capable and willing to build a lot of good structures to a more creative mode. That way, all can play on the same server. It's just necessary for those with extended privs to take care not to corrupt the market for those that still play survival.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Fri May 22, 2015 17:54

Sokomine wrote:
ThatGraemeGuy wrote:If it stays pure survival I might set up shop. So many of the "survival" servers have admins that use creative or give creative to a select group, and then you end up with infrastructure generated by mass application of creative and/or worldedit, instead of built by hand.

Seems taste varies. I like it a lot if servers are survival in general, but switch those players who are apparently capable and willing to build a lot of good structures to a more creative mode. That way, all can play on the same server. It's just necessary for those with extended privs to take care not to corrupt the market for those that still play survival.

Going back on that, I remember a post in the Digilines mod, and that being, building something in survival mode gives a sense of accomplishment when it's down, an example is, on VE-Survival, a full scale sized model of the Roman colloseum in currently in construction by me, out of sandstone, so a factory had to be built to manufacture it, hense my post in the games forum that I had a major need for cobblestone.
We like survival here!!! ;)

WhoAreYou

In-game: whoareyou

by WhoAreYou » Fri May 22, 2015 18:06

Hello, may i have an interact here, please. Ingame name is whoareyou.
WhoAreYou the subway builder

WhoAreYou

In-game: whoareyou

by WhoAreYou » Fri May 22, 2015 18:11

Hello, may i have an interact here, please. Ingame name is whoareyou.
WhoAreYou the subway builder

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Sat May 23, 2015 10:31

Cryterion wrote:
Sokomine wrote:

Going back on that, I remember a post in the Digilines mod, and that being, building something in survival mode gives a sense of accomplishment when it's down, an example is, on VE-Survival, a full scale sized model of the Roman colloseum in currently in construction by me, out of sandstone, so a factory had to be built to manufacture it, hense my post in the games forum that I had a major need for cobblestone.
We like survival here!!! ;)

I agree with the accomplishment factor.
I played a month in pure survival , then I administered a lan server for 10 months where I was admin and regularly used giveme and mapedit. I build huge networks and buildings on that server of mine.

Then only 2 weeks or so ago I lost my server due to hardware and other factors and came to public server where I now play pure survival for the first time in over a year. And for me , just the little bit that I built on this server the last week feels much more of an accomplishment for me that all that huge networks I had on my server all put together.
It feels nice when you finished something and had to work for it.

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Sat May 23, 2015 19:29

There's no like button like on facebook in this forum. Think we need one ;)

Marshall_maz

Re: [0.4.12dev] Cryt-Survival

by Marshall_maz » Tue May 26, 2015 07:52

Cryterion , can you please help me with a problem a ran into.

I am unable to protect an area bigger than 32x100x32. I recall something that it is supposed to be 64x100x64.
But when I go bigger than 32x it gives the error that area is too big.
As a results I had to use up all 4 my maximum protected areas just for my main base.
Now I can't protect a new building that I want to start with.

Can you advise/help me please.

Thanx
- Mazal

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed May 27, 2015 08:17

Hi guys , I am looking for donations of marble that you don't want. ( the normal light brown one that you mine )
I need it for the office skyrise I am building.

At the spawn travelnet exchange there is a travel box to my home and there is my mailbox that you can drop it in The mailbox is infront of my home next to the brown and green mats to the right of my travelbox.
Thank you

- Mazal

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Wed May 27, 2015 09:15

Perhaps you can place a chest near spawn with a prominent sign for better visibility. You can place a self-contained injector with a tube feeding into your locked chest, if you don't want to use an unlocked chest.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed May 27, 2015 09:27

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:Perhaps you can place a chest near spawn with a prominent sign for better visibility. You can place a self-contained injector with a tube feeding into your locked chest, if you don't want to use an unlocked chest.

I have placed a mailbox now with sign next to the notice board at spawn. Thanx for the idea

Next

Return to Minetest Servers