Extreme Survival Minetest server

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Extreme Survival Minetest server

by maikerumine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 19:26

I humbly introduce you to the Extreme Survival Minetest server.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all

___________         __                                    _________                  .__              .__   
\_   _____/__  ____/  |________   ____   _____   ____    /   _____/__ ____________  _|__|__  _______  |  | 
 |    __)_\  \/  /\   __\_  __ \_/ __ \ /     \_/ __ \   \_____  \|  |  \_  __ \  \/ /  \  \/ /\__  \ |  | 
 |        \>    <  |  |  |  | \/\  ___/|  Y Y  \  ___/   /        \  |  /|  | \/\   /|  |\   /  / __ \|  |__
/_______  /__/\_ \ |__|  |__|    \___  >__|_|  /\___  > /_______  /____/ |__|    \_/ |__| \_/  (____  /____/
        \/      \/                   \/      \/     \/          \/                                  \/     

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10539<--Please read this thread to understand the original server "just test" in which this is a tribute server to.
Address:
Port:

30000 = ONLINE---FULL SERVER--Modern City Hard Survival
30001 = ONLINE---FALLOUT WORLD! Just like the real thing, very difficult survival.
30002 = ONLINE ---JUST TEST CLONE --Using the 20140319 map this is a tribute server of Just Test, the original anarchy server.
30003 = ONLINE---Feels a bit like MC ;-)

UPDATED: 20160124
Preamble:
I started this server to be a tough survival server, with tons of mobs, freezing water and barren landscape… this posed far too much difficulty for the cpu to calculate and was very laggy. So then I turned it into a tribute to the Just Test server, showcasing some of the older interesting builds and also create a base environment for some of my mobs to freely roam and fight each other, also for you to go explore. There are villages, mines, random chests, and pathways that weave throughout the DANGEROUS landscape. It should be challenging enough to create a base and protect it with all the mobs running about. I hope you can find amusement in this server as much as I do playing it.

Purpose:
Hardcore survival with instant gratification. You will immediately be hunted by mobs right from the start, so you must MOVE! Each mob shall drop a unique item as well as a weapon, you can survive if you learn to fight the mobs and find shelter. You will be on your toes and at times it will seem like excessive work, after all this is hardcore survival. If you team together it can make things easier. There are many methods of game play, there are villages on the map that you can make as your temporary bases while you hunt mobs and collect loot. You can PVP each other at your own discretion, if someone asks you to stop killing them, then please stop killing them and go fight mobs.

Important:
I changed the way TNT, FIRE, and LAVA work… The city_block mod prevents placement of liquids as well as deactivates the node removal of tnt. Fire is off, so you shall never worry about your wool homes getting burned. Mobs still spawn on most nodes, you will never be safe! Daily all player profiles are cleared and your placement goes back to spawn, store your items in locked chest to prevent loss. Items placed on spawn will disappear, please build off the cobble pad.

Landscape and Builds:
The landscape is the exact seed [2473794698767688778] from the Just Test server, and V7 mapgen-all stone.
Instead of using worldedit to add buildings, they are all being build block by block. :-) Some of the builds are from the likes of:Gold_digger, Disableclouds,RND, Asia14, 843JDC, Tring, Twoelk, Lamka, BlueFireUn, Shammmmmm, RedFireUnGirl, Barsik, Lag, Krestonosec, Babbk, AnotherBrick, MashedPotatoes ,and Amygos. You will not be able to mine the paths that generate with the landscape, you can build up to them though.
World edge mod limits your expanse to 4000 meters in any direction.

Infrastructure:
All well known roads of current JT server are mimicked in this server, with slight modifications. There should be no trouble getting a minecart and riding all over the map. Lag’s teleport mod is another important way to get around, you can either stand on the light blue dot to teleport randomly to any teleport nearby, or use mossy cobble to choose your destination. Paramat’s pathv6alt mod is constantly working it’s way around the map, this is a safe approach to travel currently as mobs do not spawn up there just YET. If you need access to one of the main roads send me a message and I can add a path to your place.
=========================================================
Changes:
SEE SPOILER BELOW
+ Spoiler

Mobs:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13616<--Please read info here. This mod changes to get better with time.
+ Spoiler

Game:
extreme_survival –https://github.com/maikerumine/extreme_survival

Mods and how to use:
+ Spoiler

Rules:
No Dating.
No Griefing or Building over other peoples land or roads without their permission. If you choose to build high be at least +500 metres MSL. You could also build off ot the sky city at +1000 metres.
No Cheating [NOCLIP/FLY] -- Penalty will be ban.
No Inappropriate language. ADMIN WILL REVOKE SHOUT FOR ONE WEEK.
No building or placing items on the spawn platform. All locked chests, vending machines, and locked doors will automatically delete with spawn sanitizer, you have been doubly warned.
PVP is allowed, but if someone request you to stop then stop. --Protected areas are safe from PVP unless land owner is there, then you are toast.
No asking for free things. Please let me do my busy work and leave me alone! If it is urgent you can expect prompt response from me if online.

SERVER RESET TIME
Server resets daily for to keep the lag down at high uptime. The reset times are 0000, 0600, 1200, 1800 Eastern Standard Time (New York Timezone)

Backups are bi-daily or depending on server usage.
Currently as of the 24th of January, 2016 there are over 150Gb of backed up maps in storage. ;-)

Server info:
Full game current size: 18.4 MB
Game media size only: 15.6 MB

Server Specs:
MSI laptop
64-bit Win 8.1 OS
16GB ram 1600Mhz SODIMM
i7-4810MQ CPU @2.8GHz

Server and basic OS memory is 2.2 Gb during operation.
Minetest Server use 250-300 Mb memory during operation.
CPU is average 3-12% during operation.

Network Specs:
ISP ping avg: 19ms
ISP ping jitter: 3ms

Server on join--
15Mb download avg
5Mb upload avg

Client on join (If visited the server and has cache)--
UNKNOWN
3.5Mb download avg
5.0Mb upload avg

Video Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSpeqo2i-MDRl2q7UI-fStdXlb0mnP9iA
MAPS:
[spoiler]20160120SPAWN AREA
20160220 map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdu1ud2n1noqe7k/20160220ES_map.png?dl=0

This server is for anybody who likes to fight creatures and try to survive the night in a difficult world.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
20160120spawnmn.png
20160120spawnmn.png (724.58 KiB) Viewed 7390 times
Last edited by maikerumine on Mon Nov 07, 2016 06:08, edited 72 times in total.

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by Dragonop » Mon Aug 03, 2015 20:34

Seems interesting. Will try as soon as I can!
Maybe this will do as a replacement for rnd's lab server :D

lag01

GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 20:52

Amazing work you did!
I am really glad, that "just test" is inspiring creation of better servers :)
If you need any help from me, just ask.

Betta

In-game: Betta

by Betta » Tue Aug 04, 2015 01:16

Looking forward to play on this server!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Aug 04, 2015 15:03

Whoo Hoo it looks like it is running okay, hop in!

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Tue Aug 04, 2015 17:32

The connection times out every time I try to connect T-T

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Aug 05, 2015 05:07

Dragonop wrote:The connection times out every time I try to connect T-T

Sorry about that, I am having difficulty with crashing. I updated the I.P. address [23.28.67.158] and eventually going to switch to a stable OS. Stay tuned.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Thu Aug 06, 2015 04:55

SERVER is back up and there are many new railways to get you around. :-) also hacked the mods so they work better and hopefully won't crash server so much. More todo layer, enjoy!

BlueFireIceUn

In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:34

Thanks about my monument but 2 things wrong. 1) It should be empty in side, only stone and cursed stone lol and 2)it's 100x100 and not 50x50 xD Just telling it but in fact, this server is awesome. Nothing to say wrong about it. Just need some more mods and it will be perfect. (not as perfect as just test ;P) and correct craft guide sign who show only craft sign
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:05

BlueFireIceUn wrote:Thanks about my monument but 2 things wrong. 1) It should be empty in side, only stone and cursed stone lol and 2)it's 100x100 and not 50x50 xD Just telling it but in fact, this server is awesome. Nothing to say wrong about it. Just need some more mods and it will be perfect. (not as perfect as just test ;P) and correct craft guide sign who show only craft sign

Ahhhh! I knew it looked wrong. Sorry, I will fix sometime this weekend. As for craft_guide, i saw that, I need to put it in the world mods folder instead of game folder. I will during restart.

A few more bug tests and i will consider more mods. Thanks for testing Blue!

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Fri Aug 07, 2015 21:37

maikerumine wrote:A few more bug tests and i will consider more mods. Thanks for testing Blue!

Also, could you please fix that protector bug where you can place cactus, wood, trunks, sand, gravel, dirt and other blocks in protected areas? I already see it on your server. BTW, where you got that protector mod? Mod's author should probably fix that issues once for all.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Sat Aug 08, 2015 00:22

Okay, got to play :D
My first experience was the following:
-Spawned.
-Spawnkilled by troyrobot
-Killed he 5 times.
-A player named momo comes to help this guy and kills me
-Killed her 5 times
-Checked both of the bones, a lot of the starting items. Spawnkillers for sure.
-Killed he and she for revenge and venegance for all the newbies that were spawnkilled.
-Suspect of murdering on a village.
-Disconnected. I will go back to Amhi moderation. This server isn't as awesome as I tought, a little disapointed.

I don't think I will play here again. This lacks something that just test has. I don't know what.
I think that bones have too much fresh time.
I also don't like the "Suspect of murder" feature. I will never get revenge, and I will never take those swords away from those spawnkillers.
Do not play hero, you will get on jail, and also loose all your bounty.
The chat it's dead btw, it feels more like playing on a town where everybody it's silent and waiting to try to kill you, so you will go to jail.
Goodbye.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Aug 08, 2015 02:49

Dragonop wrote:Okay, got to play :D
My first experience was the following:
-Spawned.
-Spawnkilled by troyrobot
-Killed he 5 times.
-A player named momo comes to help this guy and kills me
-Killed her 5 times
-Checked both of the bones, a lot of the starting items. Spawnkillers for sure.
-Killed he and she for revenge and venegance for all the newbies that were spawnkilled.
-Suspect of murdering on a village.
-Disconnected. I will go back to Amhi moderation. This server isn't as awesome as I tought, a little disapointed.

I don't think I will play here again. This lacks something that just test has. I don't know what.
I think that bones have too much fresh time.
I also don't like the "Suspect of murder" feature. I will never get revenge, and I will never take those swords away from those spawnkillers.
Do not play hero, you will get on jail, and also loose all your bounty.
The chat it's dead btw, it feels more like playing on a town where everybody it's silent and waiting to try to kill you, so you will go to jail.
Goodbye.

Awww buddy!;
Chat is dead because EVERYONE is being attacked! You can chat in village house shut door. Did you ask troy to stop?
Did you do what I ask: RUN?
I get killed every few minutes by mobs it is gameplay supposed to be VERY difficult.

I was thinking to make spawn a no kill zone anyway.
Remember to run or ride a minecart to far place.

I hope you return with this in mind, remember the mobs will take care of. The rest.

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Sat Aug 08, 2015 15:52

Some bones after collection don't appear in my inventory.

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Sat Aug 08, 2015 17:38

Another bug: AI-players sometimes spawn in ground at spawn so they fall in water, also, I've noticed some AI players walk just below ground in water (where railway is located).

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Aug 08, 2015 17:53

Fixerol wrote:Another bug: AI-players sometimes spawn in ground at spawn so they fall in water, also, I've noticed some AI players walk just below ground in water (where railway is located).

Hmmm I will look into this, I had no idea. Please describe yhe bones thing. Are they from mobs? The tall green Ai falls in water I may make them shorter and water damage to all ai to lessen server load. Server reset tonight will take care of that. Thank you for feedback it will help make a better server. :-)

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Sat Aug 08, 2015 19:35

Yep, I asked to stop, he didn't (not even a message). That's why I say chat is dead.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Aug 08, 2015 21:14

Dragonop wrote:Yep, I asked to stop, he didn't (not even a message). That's why I say chat is dead.

Tonight I will add safe spawn. It might be buggy I understand concern. More mods = more tweak.

In a month this server will be set. Patience bro

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Sat Aug 08, 2015 22:08

maikerumine wrote:
Fixerol wrote:Please describe yhe bones thing. Are they from mobs?

I don't know, I found them in some cave, mined them, but they did not appear in my inventory.

twoelk

by twoelk » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00

Seems if the bones have stuff in the inventory you get the loot but not the bones themself.

Was fun to see my mineshaft under the cactuscornersbuilding. As on Justtest the mineshaft was filled with scattered bones :-D

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 14:31

twoelk wrote:Seems if the bones have stuff in the inventory you get the loot but not the bones themself.

Was fun to see my mineshaft under the cactuscornersbuilding. As on Justtest the mineshaft was filled with scattered bones :-D

Uhoh!! I will fix tonight as well as add bones to lags mobs too. Did you check if inventory was full? Just checking. Fixer had same problem too. I am glad you like! Eventually ill finish the stairs trying to add little bits to all the builds as I go. Hehe. I was thinking about doing your castle but I belie e that would require more skill than I have to do.

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 13:27

Can you put my new house there? You know, next to your new house?
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 17:26

BBmine wrote:Can you put my new house there? You know, next to your new house?

I cannot make any promises, main intent was to capture some of the older builds. Currently there is no time due to mod tweaking and gameplay. Maybe in future I would consider.

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Fri Aug 14, 2015 20:42

AI enemies die in water for some reason, why don't they go up to not die in it?

Interesting side of this server is this: lots of easy and hard enemies, lots of loot (but "easy come - easy go"), very dangerous caves, extremely dangerous mining (was recovering my diamond corpse like 5 times, running is not helping).

I've played for few days and I got 1 full chest of good axes and good swords, lots of wood, but very few ores and diamonds (just for 2 protections).

BTW, why not make dropped loot with another way: if AI vs AI - no loot dropped for the player, but only if you kill the enemy (so picks and axes will be much rarer probably).

Also, I've mentioned bones on protected areas earlier, looks like it needs some fixing in code (or we will have a bone city).

DeadMike

In-game: MrSmith

by DeadMike » Sat Aug 15, 2015 14:22

this sounds like alot of fun..must try :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 19:10

Fixerol wrote:AI enemies die in water for some reason, why don't they go up to not die in it?

Interesting side of this server is this: lots of easy and hard enemies, lots of loot (but "easy come - easy go"), very dangerous caves, extremely dangerous mining (was recovering my diamond corpse like 5 times, running is not helping).

I've played for few days and I got 1 full chest of good axes and good swords, lots of wood, but very few ores and diamonds (just for 2 protections).

BTW, why not make dropped loot with another way: if AI vs AI - no loot dropped for the player, but only if you kill the enemy (so picks and axes will be much rarer probably).

Also, I've mentioned bones on protected areas earlier, looks like it needs some fixing in code (or we will have a bone city).

Ahh...

AI I changed to die in water so they would be less populated in world to decrease lag a bit. I like them to swim too, actually. I am working on a fix.

Bones are protected only with the areas mod, yes the rainbow village (formerly gold village) is boneville :D I like it actually. hehe.

I like your idea about ai not dropping on ai vs ai.

YES mining in caves is DIFFICULT! the best way I think is to strip mine in skinny shafts so you are not flanked so bad.

More to do and add.

Read top post for current updates!! I changes a few things. Thanks for playing!

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Sat Aug 15, 2015 20:40

Do you have some kind of anticursing mod? They are dating again, "need gf/sister/bf/dog/whatever"

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 22:04

Fixerol wrote:Do you have some kind of anticursing mod? They are dating again, "need gf/sister/bf/dog/whatever"

Nothing really to do. The anti curse works for swear, I guess ill hack one to work with dating. But why waste the time id rather mine.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 22:46

Fixerol wrote:Do you have some kind of anticursing mod? They are dating again, "need gf/sister/bf/dog/whatever"

I make a quick and dirty anti dating mod based of lag's anti curse mod. :D
Restart in 15minutes....

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Mon Aug 17, 2015 00:48

Build your house out of locked chests. You will need a lot of locked chests with all the loot monsters/badplayers drop.
Last edited by BBmine on Fri Aug 28, 2015 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

Next

Return to Minetest Servers