Cash's World Server

Should I add hostile mobs?

Yes
66%
No
27%
Yes. With conditions. Please post message specifying conditions to forum
7%
Other - Please post message with details to forum.
No votes

Total votes : 41

Salex

GitHub: Salex
IRC: Salex
In-game: Salex

Re: Cash's World Server

by Salex » Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:09

ADMIN did l cause Any problems by logging in this morning?

PurpleOne

In-game: PurpleOne

by PurpleOne » Tue Feb 28, 2017 22:53

/me flops around.

Viglante387

In-game: Viglante387 ProCesarxx

by Viglante387 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 23:03

/me is watching his hamster run on his wheel while the server is down
Your minetest gamer
-Viglante387

PurpleOne

by PurpleOne » Wed Mar 01, 2017 01:11

PurpleOne's Journal:

It's been two days since the server blackout. People are starting to venture outside their homes to experience the life they missed while playing the minetest game. I am too scared to see what lies beyond these walls. I have enough rations to make it another two days, but I fear it may already be too late. If the server isn't back up, I too will have to fight my way back into the real world, never to experience the fun of games again. To anyone who finds this record of my survival, tell my pet Beta fish Suko I love him.

843jdc

GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

Server Status

by 843jdc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 06:06

So much for "The server will be up late tomorrow for certain."

For those of you expecting the server to be running tonight, it will *not*.

This time it is not me or the server at fault. But a sick cat that insists on trying to lay down on top of my computer that has air intake fans on top of it. If she throws up while there, my computer is destroyed. I will put something on top of it tomorrow that lets air flow freely but gives the cat off of it. Time for me to dig out the carpentry tools. If only I could keep that darned cat off of my keyboard whenever I walk away for a few minutes. :/

The work on the server is almost complete. The final chore is still being defined before I write the program. Writing the program will be quick.

The server 'should' be up tomorrow night. I am ready to play also. xP

843jdc

by 843jdc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 06:16

Salex - No. You did not cause any problems. I did notice that 'you' logged in twice using two different IP addresses. That was when I realized that I had forgotten to do something before bringing the server up. To safeguard player accounts, I immediately shut the server down.

Viglante387 - The map is fine. Though I did notice something strange the other night.
The original map in sqlite3 format was ~ 5.6GB. Converted to Redis format, the map shrunk to ~ 3.5GB. I converted the map back to sqlite3 format so that I could work on it. When I did so, I saw that the map was now at ~4.5GB. Somehow when converting from one format to another and then back again, the map lost ~1GB of data or more. IDK why. The server will use the 'original' Redis format. Not my converted maps so don't worry.

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Wed Mar 01, 2017 15:16

That cat will drop hair into your computer. Hair in your computer will destroy it. Grab the cat and throw it across the room and take it outside. (Cats belong outside, not inside) Then open your computer and pull out all the cat hair. Take that cat hair to the cat's food and make him eat it the same way he was trying to make your computer eat it. >:)
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

Viglante387

by Viglante387 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 15:26

While the server is being worked on I'm recovering from three painful vaccines
Your minetest gamer
-Viglante387

helpless

In-game: helpless

by helpless » Wed Mar 01, 2017 20:24

PurpleOne wrote:PurpleOne's Journal:

It's been two days since the server blackout. People are starting to venture outside their homes to experience the life they missed while playing the minetest game. I am too scared to see what lies beyond these walls. I have enough rations to make it another two days, but I fear it may already be too late. If the server isn't back up, I too will have to fight my way back into the real world, never to experience the fun of games again. To anyone who finds this record of my survival, tell my pet Beta fish Suko I love him.
XD

Beerholder

In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Wed Mar 01, 2017 23:02

Meanwhile in the real world:

Beerholder's journal, Monday 2017-02-27:

After prolonged absence from the place known as Cash's World, hiding on the world known as Earth, I, Beer, have heard rumors and tales of countless players venturing into this reality. Unable to build and play, they have started building in the real world. Wonderful houses, cities, factories creating endless supplies of diamonds and a new material called mese, and grand construction works appear in this world, unlike anything the humans of this world, planet Earth, have ever seen. All of humanity gazes upon the wonders of the Cash's Worldians as they have come to be known, praying, rejoicing that these blocky strangers will bring a new era of technological advances, riches, an end to disease and renewed hope for mankind.

Beerholder's journal, Tuesday 2017-02-28:

Something is wrong. Patches of strangely placed cobble, sand, wood and other useless materials have randomly appeared inside cities, and signs have been placed with insults and threats. Rumor has it that the Eiffel tower is flooded with water, the pyramids have been turned into mossy cobble, the empire state building covered in lava, the Big Ben has disappeared and the entrance to the white house is blocked with obsidian. The humans don't know yet who, or what, caused this, but some say the Cash's Worldians are behind all of this, trying to destroy society, no, destroying civilization, and bring upon mankind a new Cash's world order.

Beerholder's journal, Wednesday 2017-03-01:

Earth has been thrown into complete chaos. Cities burn from the lava and are turned into obsidian and cobble by large amounts of water falling out of the heavens. The armies of the world are powerless as protection blocks have appeared everywhere, deflecting attacks and rendering global defenses useless.

Blocky figures, proclaiming to be hackers, fly through the sky stealing money and land, and casting water, lava and random cobble contraptions. Others wield their diamond swords, hitting the people who try to flee from the chaos, calling them "noobs". One curses like a sailor, another demands for players to be banned and there is one gazing into the distance, repeating itself, as if chanting some otherworldly mantra: "ADMIN ... ADMIN ... ADMIN? ... ADMIN!!!!! ... giveme diamond ... ADMIN!". The planet slowly turns into a cobble wasteland full of holes, piles of dirt and rubble, lava casts, zombies and oerkki.

I know now, the time has come. A time of darkness. Like a long, cold and endless night filled with terror, despair and fear.

The Age of Man has ended

The Age of Greif has begun

PurpleOne

by PurpleOne » Wed Mar 01, 2017 23:11

Beerholder wrote:

After prolonged absence from the place known as Cash's World, hiding on the world known as Earth, I, Beer, have heard rumors and tales of countless players venturing into this reality. Unable to build and play, they have started building in the real world. Wonderful houses, cities, factories creating endless supplies of diamonds and a new material called mese, and grand construction works appear in this world, unlike anything the humans of this world, planet Earth, have ever seen. All of humanity gazes upon the wonders of the Cash's Worldians as they have come to be known, praying, rejoicing that these blocky strangers will bring a new era of technological advances, riches, an end to disease and renewed hope for mankind.

Something is wrong. Patches of strangely placed cobble, sand, wood and other useless materials have randomly appeared inside cities, and signs have been placed with insults and threats. Rumor has it that the Eiffel tower is flooded with water, the pyramids have been turned into mossy cobble, the empire state building covered in lava, the Big Ben has disappeared and the entrance to the white house is blocked with obsidian. The humans don't know yet who, or what, caused this, but some say the Cash's Worldians are behind all of this, trying to destroy society, no, destroying civilization, and bring upon mankind a new Cash's world order.

Earth has been thrown into complete chaos. Cities burn from the lava and are turned into obsidian and cobble by large amounts of water falling out of the heavens. The armies of the world are powerless as protection blocks have appeared everywhere, deflecting attacks and rendering global defenses useless.

Blocky figures, proclaiming to be hackers, fly through the sky stealing money and land, and casting water, lava and random cobble contraptions. Others wield their diamond swords, hitting the people who try to flee from the chaos, calling them "noobs". One curses like a sailor, another demands for players to be banned and there is one gazing into the distance, repeating itself, as if chanting some otherworldly mantra: "ADMIN ... ADMIN ... ADMIN? ... ADMIN!!!!! ... giveme diamond ... ADMIN!". The planet slowly turns into a cobble wasteland full of holes, piles of dirt and rubble, lava casts, zombies and oerkki.

I know now, the time has come. A time of darkness. Like a long, cold and endless night filled with terror, despair and fear.

The Age of Man has ended

But hey!!! It's PvP xD

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 02, 2017 00:17

Beerholder wrote:*snip*

ROFL

I noticed some weird cobble blocks above my house in real life today...
God's not dead!

Viglante387

by Viglante387 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 15:27

I'm getting more bored by each day. I hope the server will be active tonight
Your minetest gamer
-Viglante387

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 02, 2017 15:39

Viglante387 wrote:I'm getting more bored by each day. I hope the server will be active tonight

Just play on JT2. Or on my Noob Academy server (Look at my signature).
God's not dead!

Viglante387

by Viglante387 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 15:51

Pc takes a lot of time to log into. I will try noob academy see if it works
Your minetest gamer
-Viglante387

helpless

by helpless » Thu Mar 02, 2017 19:40

PurpleOne wrote:
Beerholder wrote:

The Age of Man has ended

But hey!!! It's PvP xD

LOL
Back in the day, there used to be a game, it was called minetest. Minetest had servers, one was called Cash's World. It was filled with cities, and random unfinished constructions. If something was unprotected, it would be dug. People killed for mere loot. They spammed insults. I used to go on and say to myself:"I come on, I see chaos, greifing, kill&loot, and pointless builds. It makes me wonder, wonder what this server is coming to. It used to be better. No morons. Will the server ever be what it was? Can we change anything? Will the server ever come back? Are all of our constructions now all merely a void in cyberspace? Can it ever be the same? We may or may not ever see this life again, if we do, will we still have the insolence of past ages? Or will the server be like it was in the beginning? So many questions, so few answers. Will they ever be replied to? Will life, ever, be the same, again? It may not. Or it may. All we can do in the meantime, is wait, experience an alien part of a terrestrial body, we call the milky way. This place is called earth. it is one out of pentatillions of other planets. In this place, there are people, people like Bill Gates who controlled and invented our modern lives. Life is a lie. We all live this lie. We must deal with it. Or explore other branches of cyberspace. Examples of this are Vine, YouTube, Microsoft, Jamendo, And other places. All we can do in the meantime is browse dank memes and listen to dubstep.

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 02, 2017 20:24

Viglante387 wrote:Pc takes a lot of time to log into. I will try noob academy see if it works

It will take a LONG time to log in for the first time. Once you're in, it should run smoothly (Except when it doesn't.)
God's not dead!

PurpleOne

by PurpleOne » Thu Mar 02, 2017 21:40

I'm getting this feeling that ADMIN has been kidnapped by a rival server host xD

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 02, 2017 21:50

PurpleOne wrote:I'm getting this feeling that ADMIN has been kidnapped by a rival server host xD

Yeah, I kidnapped him because I don't like the fact that people are going to his server instead of mine >:D
God's not dead!

843jdc

by 843jdc » Thu Mar 02, 2017 21:52

Server is up xD

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 02, 2017 22:00

Oh no! 843 escaped from my house! NOO!! I must get him back and tie him with CHAIN this time!

LOL
God's not dead!

Cpt_mcg

GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 03:22

BBmine wrote:Oh no! 843 escaped from my house! NOO!! I must get him back and tie him with CHAIN this time!

LOL

Lol
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Salex

GitHub: Salex
IRC: Salex
In-game: Salex

by Salex » Fri Mar 03, 2017 06:28

THIS is the more beautiful house i've ever seen .It looks so realistic!
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-03-03-07-25-48.png
Screenshot_2017-03-03-07-25-48.png (259.96 KiB) Viewed 5956 times
Screenshot_2017-03-03-07-25-08.png
Screenshot_2017-03-03-07-25-08.png (318.36 KiB) Viewed 5956 times

Beerholder

In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Fri Mar 03, 2017 15:22

Beerholder's journal, Thursday 2017-03-02:

It is the year 2017, but we now refer to it as the year 0 AF, After Greif. Planet Earth is laid to waste, yet the nightmare has only begun. Word reaches from the South-East that beyond the Black Gate of Mortest the earth had split open, exposing a nether underneath. Under the leadership of an unknown warlord, an army of mobs spawned from the lava and begun a forced march towards our last stronghold, Minatest Tirith. Unhappy about this newcomer, numerous players, some of them friends, some of them sworn and mortal enemies, decided to put aside their differences and make plans to PvP this so called "noob" and his grand army of mobs.

The players worked hard on the defenses, creating traps, placing protection blocks, making ball spawners, crafting swords, armor, bows and arrows. Then, late at night, an army of millions appeared at the horizon and marched towards the great walls of the last great city.

As the players positioned themselves on the walls to start the battle, a tremendous square flame slowly moved forth between the ranks of the mob army and appeared before our heroes. With a voice that made the earth tremble the warlord said ...

Beerholder's journal, Friday 2017-03-03:
I am known by many names. Some call me "Leviathest", others refer to me as "The Immortal", some know me as "The Destroyer", and I take as many forms as I have names.

You? You simply know me as "Greif"!

The warlord commanded his army towards the wall of the last stronghold. Arrows and balls darken the sky, shards of diamond and mese fly around from the intense sword figthing, creepers attempt to blow holes in the thick walls and oerrki try to climb the fortifications. One of the players ignites a TNT trap and as it explodes the world's framerate slows to a crawl of 1 FPS, another one casts lava onto the endless legions of mobs advancing and climbing the walls, and many mobs lay slain in the moat of the fortress. The battle, so intense, causes lag spikes, LuaJIT out of memory errors and at one point even the player models to appear flattened.

Then all of a sudden, on the server list, one could now clearly see: "Cash's World, 67.212.45.191:30000". News quickly spread that the server had come back into existence and soon players started to disappear, to leave planet Earth, to never return, until there was no one left on the planet but Greif and his legions.

Angered by what had happened, Greif started to spew lava, let out a scream that burned and blackened the cobble landscape, and cursed with a booming voice: "WHAT THE #@$!!!!!"

... Meanwhile ...

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Minetest 0.4.15-BeerholderEarthBuild-2d1fca5-dirty | Game 1720 Time of day 19:26
Issued command: /kick Greif cursing using the f word
Kicked Greif
<ACTION> 2017-03-03 16:00:37: [Server] Beerholder kicks Greif with reason "cursing using the f word"
<ACTION> 2017-03-03 16:00:37: [Server] Greif leaves game. List of players:
]
Last edited by Beerholder on Sat Mar 04, 2017 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

BBmine

by BBmine » Fri Mar 03, 2017 17:00

Beerholder.......ROFL I was laughing my head off reading that!!!
God's not dead!

843jdc

by 843jdc » Fri Mar 03, 2017 19:40

Beerholder and his amazing tales xD

helpless

by helpless » Fri Mar 03, 2017 21:17

BBmine wrote:
PurpleOne wrote:I'm getting this feeling that ADMIN has been kidnapped by a rival server host xD

Yeah, I kidnapped him because I don't like the fact that people are going to his server instead of mine >:D

That's just because i'm not considered your homie and i don't have interact yet

Vlad_plays_minetest

IRC: Vlad_rules
In-game: Vlad Tarma

by Vlad_plays_minetest » Fri Mar 03, 2017 21:24

Cpt_mcg wrote:Wow, this server is a crazy one...O,o

You know it XD
RIP hope fully my mum will let me get all my games back.hope to see u all soon.have fun while I'm gone :(

stoneminer

GitHub: sm31
IRC: stoneminer
In-game: stoneminer

by stoneminer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:10

Salex wrote:THIS is the more beautiful house i've ever seen .It looks so realistic!

Beautiful? Definitely. Realistic? I don't know, not really...but it is pretty cool!
GOD'S NOT DEAD! HE'S SURELY ALIVE!!! :D
Did you know that you can find me on YouTube, FanFiction, and FictionPress? Chances are, you didn't. Well, I am on there. My name is Sardhrantor.
I speak a little German, but not much. :[ (see below)
Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber nicht viel. :[ (siehe oben)

BBmine

by BBmine » Sat Mar 04, 2017 05:06

helpless wrote:
BBmine wrote:

That's just because i'm not considered your homie and i don't have interact yet

Oh, you need interact to that server? Read the rules then.
God's not dead!

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers