Exploranza

Emra

Exploranza

by Emra » Sat Apr 30, 2016 00:23

Here's my attempt at a server thread. Need more company and people to live in the towns I keep building. :)

Address/Port

exploranza.servegame.com 30005

It's in the public server list.

Mods

The most important ones are Farming Plus, Hunger, Landrush, Mesecons, Moreores, More Trees, Pipeworks, Technic, Travelnet. There are some others for decor and stuff but those are the major ones.

No mobs. No PVP.

General Information

Admin moved us to a new server recently so we have much less lag.

It's land rush but you'll start with land claim blocks so you can go and claim some land straight away. You get some other starting gear too.

There is a travelnet at spawn that goes to the old travelnet hub and the new hub (which I just built this week and haven't got everyone moved into yet). I updated the signage to make it obvious where the public mine (now with 13 travelnets and getting deeper) and the public farm are (at least as long as people replant it). There are multiple towns and buildings to see. Travelnets to mostly unclaimed areas for gathering resources.

The rules are posted at spawn and are pretty common sense things like not begging, griefing or using foul language.

plandis

Re: Exploranza

by plandis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 17:50

The server was not connecting for the past two days or so. Now I can get in, but am stuck in darkness at 0,0,0 with none of my inventory. Controls seem to respond but can't get me anywhere. Also health and food bars are now missing. Can't access the crafting menu pop-up. It appears that the entire world with individuals settings and inventory has been erased/lost.

plandis

by plandis » Mon Jun 13, 2016 14:57

So it turned out that my player file got corrupted somehow. I got a message to dynamodan and he restored it with a backup copy. He has been maintaining regular backups for just such problems. So everything is back to normal.

Daedric

In-game: LoLa

by Daedric » Thu Jun 16, 2016 07:33

Sounds interesting. Is it still running ?

Emra

by Emra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 01:47

The newly founded town of Newton welcomes new residents. Far away from the other towns, there is plenty of unclaimed land for building projects. The town is connected by travelnet to the new travelnet hub for ease of travel. The center of town contains a shared farm, tree orchard and a flower garden. Across the road lies the Newton Inn with plenty of beds for sleeping the night away. The town public mine is also connected to the travelnet and being expanded daily.

Founded this week due to overcrowding in Desert Sun and the nearby Oasis village. Ye Olde Towne boasts the other public farm and has room for residents as well.

Most peoples areas are connected to the new travelnet hub so you can see what they've built, including a museum and restaurant! The travelnet box at spawn takes you there so you don't have to walk around all day.

cy

by cy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 02:59

No digging in unclaimed land? The only reason I can think of to do that is to make the game less fun. You have to claim land or you can't so much as chop wood, and you can't unclaim it when you're done. Run out of land claims while mining for the resources to make more? You can't mine ever again! It's like the best example I can think of to show why land claim mods are terrible.

Other than that, seems pretty okay. No mobs, glow lights cost diamonds. Lots of travelnet. Lots of foods, trees. Folks seem nice enough.

Return to Minetest Servers