[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

linushsao

IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

[#TIPS]what's difference between minegeld&minecoin

by linushsao » Mon Feb 20, 2017 05:00

what's difference between minegeld(green money_note) & minecoin(yellow Coin) in Mars-World?

minegeld is like currency for all players,coming from these ways:
1.player's working for in game(auto added to inventory of player).
2.selling items in vendor_machine,you get ballance of acount,then exchange for minegeld
3.exchange from minecoin.

minecoin is like "offical" currency,coming from these ways:
1.dig coin_base ore(like gold_ore in real world),burning coin_base to minecoin.
2.exchange from minegeld.

there are at least 2 ways to get resource,dig it&buy it.Mars-World's offical shop(NPC_trader or vendor machine)will sell something rarily.so if players prefer to buy copper not digging it,they could buy copper_lump from NPC_trader by minecoin.so players have to exchange minecoin by minegeld.

clever like you,will soon realiz that what kind of currency could keep your wealth.the answer may not always the same.let's image 2 situations about copper_lump,.

A)if many players have copper_lump,others who need copper_lump could directly buy copper_lump from them,so they maybe not need to use minecoin(needed when trade with NPC_trader,using offical currency"minecoin",remember?).the price of copper will be cheapper.

B)if copper_lump is rarily(yes,it is),advenced players will try to make quarry-machine to earn copper_lump(should be good trainning in technic mod) by machine,that kind of players are like enterpriser in real world.then maybe only few players(enterpriser) get rich resource,it's not easy to get copper_lump for others,so others(not as enterpriser) could mining other items,exchange for money,and buy copper_lump from NPC_trader. it's maybe harder and need more time,but it's a solution.i know some player perfer to earn ore by their hand with pick,not machine.the price of copper will be more expensive.

players have to notic the exchange_ratio between minegeld&minecoin,the more minecoin needed,the more price minecoin is .

in face,we will have the new feature about getting rarily ore for the player who perfer to earn ore by their hand with pick ,plan MASTER will be announcein recent time.(sorry tm3/Michael,i owe you some mods,i still remember..XD)
Last edited by linushsao on Mon Mar 06, 2017 05:46, edited 6 times in total.
1).My Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.

tm3

IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [#TIPS]what's difference between mineninth&minegeld

by tm3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 06:42

linushsao wrote:what's difference between mineninth(green money_note) & minegeld(yellow Coin) in Mars-World?

mineninth is like currency for all players,coming from these ways:
1.player's working for in game(auto added to inventory of player).
2.selling items in vendor_machine,you get ballance of acount,then exchange for mineninth
3.exchange from minegeld.

minegeld is like "offical" currency,coming from these ways:
1.dig coin_base ore(like gold_ore in real world),burning coin_base to minegeld.
2.exchange from mineninth.

there are at least 2 ways to get resource,dig it&buy it.Mars-World's offical shop(NPC_trader or vendor machine)will sell something rarily.so if players prefer to buy copper not digging it,they could buy copper_lump to NPC_trader by minegeld.so players have to exchange minegeld by mineninth.

clever like you,will soon realiz that what kind of currency could keep your wealth.the answer may not always the same.let's image 2 situations about copper_lump,.

A)if many players have copper_lump,others who need copper_lump could directly buy copper_lump from them,so they maybe not need to use minegeld(needed when trade with NPC_trader,using offical currency"minegeld",remember?).the price of copper will be cheapper.

B)if copper_lump is rarily(yes,it is),advenced players will try to make quarry-machine to earn copper_lump(should be good trainning in technic mod) by machine,that kind of players are like enterpriser in real world.then maybe only few players(enterpriser) get rich resource,it's not easy to get copper_lump for others,so others(not as enterpriser) could mining other items,exchange for money,and buy copper_lump. it's maybe harder and need more time,but it's a solution.i know some player perfer to earn ore by their hand with pick,not machine.the price of copper will be more expensive.

players have to notic the exchange_ratio between mineninth&minegeld,the more minegeld needed,the more price minegeld is

in face,we will have the new feature about getting rarily ore for the player who perfer to earn ore by their hand with pick ,plan MASTER will be announce this week.(sorry tm3/Michael,i owe you some mods,i still remember..XD)

Wowowo, you got it completely wrong :P lol.

Minegeld is the green note.
Actually, they come in 3 denomination(color too)

Green (denomination - 1)

Blue (denomination - 5)

Red (denomination - 10)

Minecoin first come in coinbase from where you can make pencil colored coin. You can make gold color looking minecoin from those coins.

Regarding players, nobody going richer like Bruce Wayne lol. Don't worry about it. Yes, the guys who placed quarries will get resource easily and as soon as the spawn market starts, they can have shops there and sell items easily. But sooner and later, other players will get interested in quarries too and get resource as they progress.

Don't worry about resource will get scarce by this; because the map is quite large and even there will be 50 players doing above things, resources will be still there lol. plus remember, it's a procedurally generated map; as far you move new map generates with more resource. So, don't worry about it. :P

Also, if you think quarry digs a hell lot of things it is not true, it digs at max a square area of 17x17 nodes with a depth of 104m at most. It not that much area. which can be achieved with a mining drill mk3 too. only quarry gives more time to do something else while it digs out things for you. There is another disadvantage of quarry, you can't explore near by areas, which you can do with map and a mining drill and if you have made a prospector; you gonna get resources much faster than a quarry and avoiding all those unnecessary stones lol :P

Regarding digging without machine help at all (only with pick); i will say its a bad idea. Ok for starting but for later use after advancement, even if not quarry, at least player should use mining drill or laser mk1,mk2 or mk3. Its far better and give broad amount of resources. Plus, that's why we have 12 recharge machines and 6 repair machines at public mine station lol xD.
Last edited by tm3 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 07:14, edited 8 times in total.
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

Re: [#TIPS]what's difference between minengeld&minecoin

by linushsao » Mon Feb 20, 2017 06:49

Last edited by linushsao on Mon Feb 20, 2017 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 20, 2017 06:53

see,our supervisors are the best,always know more detail than me...XD
sorry for mistake. i post quickly from office and so....,already correct it.

tm3 wrote:Wowowo, you got it completely wrong :P lol.

Minegeld is the green note.
Actually, they come in 3 denomination(color too)

Green (denomination - 1)

Blue (denomination - 5)

Red (denomination - 10)

Minecoin first come in coinbase from where you can make pencil colored coin. You can make gold color looking minecoin from those coins.

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 20, 2017 07:35

tm3 wrote:...
Also, if you think quarry digs a hell lot of things it is not true, it digs at max a square area of 17x17 nodes with a depth of 104m at most. It not that much area. which can be achieved with a mining drill mk3 too. only quarry gives more time to do something else while it digs out things for you. There is another disadvantage of quarry, you can't explore near by areas, which you can do with map and a mining drill and if you have made a prospector; you gonna get resources much faster than a quarry and avoiding all those unnecessary stones lol :P

Regarding digging without machine help at all (only with pick); i will say its a bad idea. Ok for starting but for later use after advancement, even if not quarry, at least player should use mining drill or laser mk1,mk2 or mk3. Its far better and give broad amount of resources. Plus, that's why we have 12 recharge machines and 6 repair machines at public mine station lol xD.

tks,bro. yes,mars is growing up more than 1 years before(YES!!!),i could tell all players that even me also have to ask tm3/juli for "Mmmm...where could i build my home?",that's my rule for me.

at beginning when i setup mars-world,in my imgination that it will be a technic mars,this is one of the basic characters for this Mars World.so only both "advenced players"&"technic/pipework" experts could be the first generation of supervisors. because many players will need suggestions about how to use machine/survival on this barren land. the technic mars is growing up and very well now,as we saw it now.

but when i watch the action of players,i found that still some players prefer digging with normal tool as dwarf more than use machine(like mining laser and so on).

i wish two kinds of players could also have fun in our Mars-World. about digging without machine help at all (only with pick),pls wait for new feature i thought for a long time...XD. maybe here will be a CULTURAL MARS at next step.

and of course,it's very good that our supervisors always tell me their option,even reject my thought. it means they are serious for this game.

tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42

linushsao wrote:
but when i watch the action of players,i found that still some players prefer digging with normal tool as dwarf more than use machine(like mining laser and so on).

i wish two kinds of players could also have fun in our Mars-World. about digging without machine help at all (only with pick),pls wait for new feature i thought for a long time...XD. maybe here will be a CULTURAL MARS at next step.

Ok. let's wait and see what's the new thing you are adding :) But for info to players and to you too; there is already a powerful basic tool called "Mese Pickaxe with light" which digs all node quite faster, no need for special tools for different nodes plus it generates light on the way. so, quite good ;) So, your next addition of basic tool should compliment the power of this tool. let's see :)

linushsao wrote:and of course,it's very good that our supervisors always tell me their option,even reject my thought. it means they are serious for this game.

LOL thanks bro. we don't reject though, but give honest opinions based on previous experience of things in this game :) :P
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15

linushsao wrote:
Linus, you have one vending machine in there too. ;) :P but don't worry bro that will be there for players' use. i will tell you when to shift it ;)...

of course,tm3. tks for your remind.pls wait me a moment tonight.

all player's accounts bundled with vending-machine,if i directly remove vending-machine,i afraid that players will lose all their acounts in bank.i'll test it and make sure all player's accounts in bank could be allright tonight.

hi,tm3. sorry for lately to reply. i'm sure that vending-machine could be safely moved with all accounds keeped. pls let me know the position to move vending-machine.

linushsao

by linushsao » Thu Feb 23, 2017 13:03

tm3 wrote:Ok. let's wait and see what's the new thing you are adding :) But for info to players and to you too; there is already a powerful basic tool called "Mese Pickaxe with light" which digs all node quite faster, no need for special tools for different nodes plus it generates light on the way. so, quite good ;) So, your next addition of basic tool should compliment the power of this tool. let's see :)

no,not new tools,but new "Systems". u know i always think about keeping balance about this game. i means, for example,in real world,we have two ways break stone.
1) using big hammer,with much time to earn money to buy a hammer.
2) by our hand , with much time for KON-FU trainning

no pain,no gain. that's what i try to explain. we have many way to get resource,spend much time to learning how to use machine(technic/pipework),or spend much time to train skill without any technic/pipework supported but normal tools.

LOL thanks bro. we don't reject though, but give honest opinions based on previous experience of things in this game :) :P

yes,honest opinions,that's what i need always. in chinese we said:Two are better than one(三個臭皮匠,勝過一個諸葛亮).

i'm working for it for a week when been off work and have many ideas for it.so it'll not take effect recently,because it will be a complex system(include teamwork/rank/exp/ore-caculating/skill/reputation systems),i make it from zero,maybe some part a little similar with rubenwardy's "Achievements mod".

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Fri Feb 24, 2017 01:15

tm3 wrote:
Michael Eh? wrote:Of course, this is on my list of builds for Mars Survive....

Though I plan to make it accurately but maybe not functional... except for air support. Space port anyone?

Looking good. But what the space port will do anyway. if you are saying travelling to space, juli has a travelnet in the spawn travelnet center which will take you to a height of 1000m above into ISS and his satellite area.
You are welcome to make your own iss if you can travel to that high up. :) or best is contact juli to make a satellite or something near his satellite.

Actually I was thinking it as a prop or structure in a fixed place just to give that feel of being on Mars. Since SpaceX is planning to land the first one of these on Mars in 2020, it might be interest to build one to scale because I can. Outfit it with oxygen generator and power, etc.

On top of this, United Arab Emirates, UAE, wants a city on Mars by 2117. Some of the concept illustrations in the article look weirder than alien city.

Part of my 'project' on Mars Survive is to explore what will be ... if we get as far as Mars that is.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Fri Feb 24, 2017 01:19

linushsao wrote:
tm3 wrote:Ok. let's wait and see what's the new thing you are adding :) But for info to players and to you too; there is already a powerful basic tool called "Mese Pickaxe with light" which digs all node quite faster, no need for special tools for different nodes plus it generates light on the way. so, quite good ;) So, your next addition of basic tool should compliment the power of this tool. let's see :)

This is one thing that didn't make sense... light on something you swing around? I would rather have a mod to the spacesuit that would allow to attach a light to your suit which could be turned off/on. That would make sense as most sci-fi shows has this as standard equipment.

linushsao

by linushsao » Fri Feb 24, 2017 01:24

Michael Eh? wrote:This is one thing that didn't make sense... light on something you swing around? I would rather have a mod to the spacesuit that would allow to attach a light to your suit which could be turned off/on. That would make sense as most sci-fi shows has this as standard equipment.

good ideas,maybe we sould have a equipement UI for spacesuit,players could setup extra items in spacesuit ,like light,battery or something,as real spacesuit.

tm3

by tm3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 05:41

Michael Eh? wrote:
linushsao wrote:

This is one thing that didn't make sense... light on something you swing around? I would rather have a mod to the spacesuit that would allow to attach a light to your suit which could be turned off/on. That would make sense as most sci-fi shows has this as standard equipment.

Yes, true. That will be better something like a head light on spacesuit. That will be now more closer to real spacesuit. good idea. Even miners have lights on their head for path finding :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 05:44

Michael Eh? wrote:
tm3 wrote:
Michael Eh? wrote:Of course, this is on my list of builds for Mars Survive....

Though I plan to make it accurately but maybe not functional... except for air support. Space port anyone?

Looking good. But what the space port will do anyway. if you are saying travelling to space, juli has a travelnet in the spawn travelnet center which will take you to a height of 1000m above into ISS and his satellite area.
You are welcome to make your own iss if you can travel to that high up. :) or best is contact juli to make a satellite or something near his satellite.

Actually I was thinking it as a prop or structure in a fixed place just to give that feel of being on Mars. Since SpaceX is planning to land the first one of these on Mars in 2020, it might be interest to build one to scale because I can. Outfit it with oxygen generator and power, etc.

On top of this, United Arab Emirates, UAE, wants a city on Mars by 2117. Some of the concept illustrations in the article look weirder than alien city.

Part of my 'project' on Mars Survive is to explore what will be ... if we get as far as Mars that is.

Looking mighty good. Sure, you can make one :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 05:51

linushsao wrote:no,not new tools,but new "Systems". u know i always think about keeping balance about this game. i means, for example,in real world, we have two ways break stone.
1) using big hammer,with much time to earn money to buy a hammer.
2) by our hand , with much time for KON-FU trainning

no pain,no gain. that's what i try to explain. we have many way to get resource,spend much time to learning how to use machine(technic/pipework),or spend much time to train skill without any technic/pipework supported but normal tools.

I understand what you are trying to say but astronaut who will go to mars will be using more machines and even AI robots rather than hands. That's why they are astronauts. Brain over brawl :)

Kung Fu-ing on mars is a little funny to me though :P :D XD

With the advance of science and technology, astronauts will be doing more brain kung-fu :P :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 05:59

linushsao wrote:i'm working for it for a week when been off work and have many ideas for it.so it'll not take effect recently,because it will be a complex system(include teamwork/rank/exp/ore-caculating/skill/reputation systems),i make it from zero,maybe some part a little similar with rubenwardy's "Achievements mod".

Achievements or quests kind of thing is a good idea. But i think you should make it an optional thing rather that forcefully making someone do something he don't like and until then he can't make some machine or something or can't get some ore etc. Optionally, rather giving a quest that if you do this quest you will get some crystal / service /ore / any such thing as achievement in a place. By using that thing or service your machine get speed up or you dig faster or build faster etc. :) So, every one will like to achieve that kind of thing.
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Fri Feb 24, 2017 08:44

tm3 wrote:Achievements or quests kind of thing is a good idea. But i think you should make it an optional thing rather that forcefully making someone do something he don't like and until then he can't make some machine or something or can't get some ore etc. Optionally, rather giving a quest that if you do this quest you will get some crystal / service /ore / any such thing as achievement in a place. By using that thing or service your machine get speed up or you dig faster or build faster etc. :) So, every one will like to achieve that kind of thing.

yes,that's right.in my ideas it will be another extra-system work in mars-world,and could be chosen by players.for nomal players that system has no use and no effect. the players who chose that system will be no special advantage immediately.

to use that system,players should join the Association, and starting to train themself about special mining skill.players maybe train themself as an "perfessional Diamond miner" or "perfessional Copper miner" or both(take more time) and so on,it will take much time.so that system will be another choice as i said,not a more fast way to get resource or force players to accept that system.

yes,i know the guest is a good idea,and will be easier for me. beside i treat that system as a challenge/interesting-project for me.you know that i try to make a real-mars/society-simulation,not only a game,in my imagnation the quest will be given by player,not by the world. in my culture,Lao-tzu's classic book on the tao tao-te chin(the way) said that "Nature is not kind; It treats all things impartially. ".so we have sandstorm,it's part of that natural,we have leave falling,but natural/mars will not give players guest.

in fact, i also tought about the "quest system",playeA could announce/hire playerB to do something( for example,playerA offer money to ask playerB digging copper for him,the "quest system" will make sure that the playerA could revice his copper,playerB will receive money.

but i have to say, that skill-trainning-system will take much time for me to make it,so i think i will do other thing in our todo-list first.

linushsao

by linushsao » Fri Feb 24, 2017 08:55

tm3 wrote:Achievements or quests kind of thing is a good idea. But i think you should make it an optional thing rather that forcefully making someone do something he don't like and until then he can't make some machine or something or can't get some ore etc. Optionally, rather giving a quest that if you do this quest you will get some crystal / service /ore / any such thing as achievement in a place. By using that thing or service your machine get speed up or you dig faster or build faster etc. :) So, every one will like to achieve that kind of thing.

yes,that's right.in my ideas it will be another extra-system work in mars-world,and could be chosen by players.for nomal players that system has no use and no effect. the players who chose that system will be no special advantage immediately.

for me,the balance of mars-world is important.

to use that system,players should join the Association, and starting to train themself about special mining skill.players maybe train themself as an "perfessional Diamond miner" or "perfessional Copper miner" or both(take more time) and so on,it will take much time.so that system will be another choice as i said,not a more fast way to get resource or force players to accept that system.

yes,i know the guest is a good idea,and will be easier for me. beside i treat that system as a challenge/interesting-project for me.you know that i try to make a real-mars/society-simulation,not only a game,in my imagnation the quest will be given by player,not by the world. in my culture,Lao-tzu's classic book on the tao tao-te chin(the way) said that "Nature is not kind; It treats all things impartially. ".so we have sandstorm,it's part of that natural,we have leave falling,but natural/mars will not give players guest.

in fact, i also tought about the "quest system",playeA could announce/hire playerB to do something( for example,playerA offer money to ask playerB digging copper for him,the "quest system" will make sure that the playerA could revice his copper,playerB will receive money.

but i have to say, that skill-trainning-system will take much time for me to make it,so i think i will do other thing in our todo-list first.

juli

GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Fri Feb 24, 2017 09:38

Sorry i can't join at moment i have much stuff to do for school maybe i come Saturday one hour or so ...
can someone make a summary of the most changes last days for me?
Please tell me if i have written bad english.
Planets/Asteroids mod: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=15933
servers where i'am:
mars-server
jungle-server
buildersworld

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Fri Feb 24, 2017 20:00

Darn it looks like Mars Survive server is down. :(

I was in the final stretch of rebuilding of my base with finishing off the lawn, cutting down the apple tree for compost and apples, and start work on the back half with the hanger, landing pad and ground solar array for power.

juli

GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Fri Feb 24, 2017 23:05

now its up again right?
@linushsao and you sayd u wanna create some recipes for scifi-nodes, can u say how long we have to wait for it? :)
Please tell me if i have written bad english.
Planets/Asteroids mod: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=15933
servers where i'am:
mars-server
jungle-server
buildersworld

tm3

by tm3 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 06:00

juli wrote:now its up again right?
@linushsao and you sayd u wanna create some recipes for scifi-nodes, can u say how long we have to wait for it? :)

ah juli nice to see you brother after so many days. Hope doing fine in school :). Oh regarding scifi-nodes actually i am sorry. Don't scold linus ;), its my fault :P. i told linus, i will make the recipe. At first i was thinking of just writing the recipe as a table in word file but then i thought linus will again write it to a lua file. So, i learned a little bit of how to do some minetest mod thingy and started doing it. Then i went busy with some work and family matters ;). But still i have forked scifi nodes from doomed and making the recipe in github. Since github editor pissed me off; lol, i ditched it and using offline my editor (VIM) and soon will upload the file into the repo. see you soon. :)

https://github.com/tanmayameher/scifi_nodes/blob/master/crafts.lua
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 02:14

tm3 wrote:
juli wrote:now its up again right?

ah juli nice to see you brother after so many days. Hope doing fine in school :). Oh regarding scifi-nodes actually i am sorry. Don't scold linus ;), its my fault :P. i told linus, i will make the recipe. At first i was thinking of just writing the recipe as a table in word file but then i thought linus will again write it to a lua file. So, i learned a little bit of how to do some minetest mod thingy and started doing it. Then i went busy with some work and family matters ;). But still i have forked scifi nodes from doomed and making the recipe in github. Since github editor pissed me off; lol, i ditched it and using offline my editor (VIM) and soon will upload the file into the repo. see you soon. :)

https://github.com/tanmayameher/scifi_nodes/blob/master/crafts.lua

hi,tm3&jili. sorry for latelyto reply,i was back to my country to be together with my parents.

i always thought about recipes of sici-node have to be finished. sorry for busy before,my job is about the planning of urban regeneration(URO,not UFO..XD) ,Taipei City Hall has a big plan of URO,i was busy for that.now i'm sure will have free time this week,and also i plan to Temporarily stop the previous plan(New Skill Trainning System) .because it's a complex system,i have finish part of it and have to thing about the relationship between sub-systems in it.

so i want to switch my mind to make recipes of sciti-node,for me it's will be a rest...XD,i'll finish it this weekend.

bro, i'll merge your recipes in github and keep go on,tks. in fact,maybe i'll make a tools first to help me generate the code of recipe...XD.my ideas of this little tools is a UI of 9x9 grid,when i place items in it,it could generate the lua-code for me to copy/paste.

so,juli. after your exam of school,the recipes of sici-node should be finished.

tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 07:27

linushsao wrote:hi,tm3&jili. sorry for latelyto reply,i was back to my country to be together with my parents.

i always thought about recipes of sici-node have to be finished. sorry for busy before,my job is about the planning of urban regeneration(URO,not UFO..XD) ,Taipei City Hall has a big plan of URO,i was busy for that.now i'm sure will have free time this week,and also i plan to Temporarily stop the previous plan(New Skill Trainning System) .because it's a complex system,i have finish part of it and have to thing about the relationship between sub-systems in it.

so i want to switch my mind to make recipes of sciti-node,for me it's will be a rest...XD,i'll finish it this weekend.

bro, i'll merge your recipes in github and keep go on,tks. in fact,maybe i'll make a tools first to help me generate the code of recipe...XD.my ideas of this little tools is a UI of 9x9 grid,when i place items in it,it could generate the lua-code for me to copy/paste.

so,juli. after your exam of school,the recipes of sici-node should be finished.

Wow, great work you are doing for your city nice :).

Don't worry, bro. I am almost finished with the basic recipes of scifi nodes. I will push these first into git. Then, i will push more later on. :)

Regarding making recipe in game with grid will be really a nice idea and easy too. Also, for recipe making, you should make it in way that the blocks we use to make recipe should not disappear or else it has be to made again. I mean making recipe should be like creative mode. just one block of the recipe is sufficient to make the recipe of another.:P :)

Also, Regarding the head lamp light kind of thingy Michael Eh was telling, there is 2 things i have considered. There is already a flash light in technic mod. its rechargeable too.
Its here in the line no. 8 of https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/master/technic/config.lua
file. Setting it to true will do it :)

Secondly, there is a rechargeable nightvision goggles mod in minetest too. i think it is from mt-firearms mod. I saw it in Tony's server. i will look into it and tell you. In the mean time you can test the flash light of technic i think it is good :)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:28

Don't worry, bro. I am almost finished with the basic recipes of scifi nodes. I will push these first into git. Then, i will push more later on. :)

tks,bro. it seems i have to face my new-trainning-system...XD

Regarding making recipe in game with grid will be really a nice idea and easy too. Also, for recipe making, you should make it in way that the blocks we use to make recipe should not disappear or else it has be to made again. I mean making recipe should be like creative mode. just one block of the recipe is sufficient to make the recipe of another.:P :)

Also, Regarding the head lamp light kind of thingy Michael Eh was telling, there is 2 things i have considered. There is already a flash light in technic mod. its rechargeable too.
Its here in the line no. 8 of https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/master/technic/config.lua
file. Setting it to true will do it :)

flashlight been tested(it's great) and enable updated to server,will take effect after server reboot.

Secondly, there is a rechargeable nightvision goggles mod in minetest too. i think it is from mt-firearms mod. I saw it in Tony's server. i will look into it and tell you. In the mean time you can test the flash light of technic i think it is good :)

i checked the firearm mod,it seems that modder is doing something change,folder structure of newest firearm mod is much different from old one,and now it's a beta version,even inventory-image of NVG is not avilable(althouht i could fixed the broken link),and NVG now could not be used.

tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:08

linushsao wrote:
flashlight been tested(it's great) and enable updated to server,will take effect after server reboot.

i checked the firearm mod,it seems that modder is doing something change,folder structure of newest firearm mod is much different from old one,and now it's a beta version,even inventory-image of NVG is not avilable(althouht i could fixed the broken link),and NVG now could not be used.

Oh yeah flashlight of technic mod is good. Also, it is rechargeable which make sense :).
BTW, the mod i was talking about is from same author but a new one.
https://github.com/kaeza/mt-firearms. There is nvg there.

But i think we don't need to worry about it anymore; because we got technic flash light :) YES!!!
RIP that nice guy RealBadAngel (https://github.com/RealBadAngel) who made technic and lot of its stuff :')
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

[#Announce] New mod for supervisors: [Mod] Extended Ban v2 [

by linushsao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 14:19

for supervisors,more flexible about ban ,will take effect after reboot.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9315

linushsao

[#Announce] Tweak for default:furnace about air

by linushsao » Tue Feb 28, 2017 06:05

description:in real mars, only have very few oxgen in air,for our simulation more real,players could still use default:furnace outside oxgen-chamber,but will get less-effectiveness&spending-more-time than in oxgen chamber/room. using default:furnace outside oxgen-chamber players will see the fire is more darker.

updated will take effect after reboot.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Wed Mar 01, 2017 00:12

What are the blocks in scifi-nodes? Or is all of them shown at spawn? Kind of interested to what they offer for building props like SpaceX Dragon capsule.

On another note, the experiment is a success. The experiment was to create an air cavity LARGER than 20 nodes with only one air generator. The only problem is removing the air generator leaves behind a vacuum node which if you don't immediately replace with something destroys the air space. Plan to have the whole underground area under Canada House fully pressurized.

Tech hanger built and protected. Moved most of my gear there. Plus LV solar powered equipment built in. Will expand to MV and HV as I go.

linushsao

[#Discussion]about the connection speed.

by linushsao » Wed Mar 01, 2017 04:38

i'm keeping watching the server's performance of connection, i found that at the same time some players fell lag but others just fine, maybe it's because of the location that server is on singapore or player's internet speed,i dont know yet.

because now all Mars-World's database is LevelDB and running in ram-disk(not physical disk),Theoretically the IO-speed will be very fast.

if my guess is right,it'll not be helpful that upgrade hardward. i'll install bandwidth deamond to automatically analyze&figure out that where players connecting to Mars-Worlds from in server. maybe it's helpful that move server from Singapore to other country(ex. europe or england) that in the middle location of player's location.

if player feel lag pls let me know your country/city,it's helpful to let us decide the location that server should be(maybe a new report command for collecting datas about server status as juli said will be better?),tks all.

tm3

by tm3 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17

Michael Eh? wrote:What are the blocks in scifi-nodes? Or is all of them shown at spawn? Kind of interested to what they offer for building props like SpaceX Dragon capsule.

On another note, the experiment is a success. The experiment was to create an air cavity LARGER than 20 nodes with only one air generator. The only problem is removing the air generator leaves behind a vacuum node which if you don't immediately replace with something destroys the air space. Plan to have the whole underground area under Canada House fully pressurized.

Tech hanger built and protected. Moved most of my gear there. Plus LV solar powered equipment built in. Will expand to MV and HV as I go.

Nice. Keep up experimenting with stuff. That's how you learn. I like that :)

Oh that's true if any vacuum will be found within the air space. it will destroy the air. That's in the code itself :)

You can check out more about air generator in the below link. Search the term airgen in that file :)

https://github.com/linushsao/marsu_game-linus-v0.2/blob/master/mods/marssurvive/nodes.lua

oh and regarding scifi_nodes, switching between work and play, making a recipe matching to their names, textures etc. are a little time taking for me; but i will soon be finishing them off, i think by this weekend and upload it to Github, so linus will put it into game. I will be pushing some recipes probably today or tomorrow asap. But there are lot of them of different colors too. First i will be pushing white, black, blue ones and some light nodes and some colored striped ones. Later all the colored ones too.

BTW, their look will give more sci-fi look to things. i think making a SpaceX capsule with them will give them a good sci-fi look, yes! Also, modern style houses look good with those. i have seen them. :)
Last edited by tm3 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 14:50, edited 3 times in total.
- Yours truly TM3

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers