[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

Michael Eh?

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Mon Feb 06, 2017 00:22

Having fun trying to get protection to work. Set positions but don't have access to area command? Markers set.

Also power to spawn batteries drained, can't refuel generator

tm3

IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 06:44

Michael Eh? wrote:Having fun trying to get protection to work. Set positions but don't have access to area command? Markers set.

Also power to spawn batteries drained, can't refuel generator

Michael the command /area_pos should work. after that use /protect to protect the area. You can come in game in a suitable time or if i am there at irc (which i am always, except after midnight till morning 10am) ; i will help :)

Power of spawn batteries drained due to spawn work going on. Sorry about that :) I will simultaneously or first put all kinds technic stuff esp. battery and repair machine at the public mine (wip), so that you guys can have recharge and repair access. :) Henceforth, spawn won't contain any kind of technic machine for player's use. All will go to public mine area. And use the Public Travelnet to go there :) It is below air chamber :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 07:40

linushsao wrote:tks,juli. i have read it&know the reason. already merge it & tweak for new hungry mod for real world's situation as before&newplayer's food to make them survive 3 ingame days.

will take effect when server reboot.

Hunger mod is ok now. But its losing food very fast even you are doing nothing and idling. I think it should be a little slower for doing nothing kind of player and just idling. Reason: it helps at quarry and other machine productions. :) I am not saying hunger should stop working when idle. But make it little slow as someone who is not doing any work/not even moving at all ingame will require less food/energy; then who is working hard like digging etc. :) No wonder "The rock" or "John Cena" can eat more and feel more hungry often than average guy :P ;)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15

i have an idea for two new commands:
/bugreport to send a bug/problem message to admin (then u can make that u can read this message in Office too maybe)

/report to send a /mail to all moderators (and admins?)
Please tell me if i have written bad english.
Planets/Asteroids mod: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=15933
servers where i'am:
mars-server
jungle-server
buildersworld

linushsao

IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33

tm3 wrote:Hunger mod is ok now. But its losing food very fast even you are doing nothing and idling. I think it should be a little slower for doing nothing kind of player and just idling. Reason: it helps at quarry and other machine productions. :) I am not saying hunger should stop working when idle. But make it little slow as someone who is not doing any work/not even moving at all ingame will require less food/energy; then who is working hard like digging etc. :) No wonder "The rock" or "John Cena" can eat more and feel more hungry often than average guy :P ;)

the hungry config(before tonight's tweak) is based on real world's simulation,it's "players eat 3 meals(breads) a day".
*eating 3 breads per day.
*1 bread = 4 satiations,so 3 breads = 12 satiations.
*1 ingame day = 20 minutes,so 20*60/12=100 sec

but maybe you are right,if we consider the recipe of flour(from 3 wheats),the real minetest-bread could be imaged like this BIG FRENCH BREAD:
and i believe that MINETEST-BREAD could be enought for whole day.

so the new config is based on "players eat 1 bread(4 satiations) per day",it means decrease 1 satiation per 300 seconds.
1).My Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:44

the second issue about player idle for some reasons.

but i think we could not extend the consumpation ratio because that reason,because mars-world try to simulation the real world.

maybe we could have a solution to satisfied both player-idle & satiation setting. we could make a function to let player "auto-eating" when idle,a command likes "/auto-eat (on/off)",default is off. when player switch to "/auto-eat on" and "hold foods" in hand,server will let player eatting when satiation <5(for example) till no food.
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:53

juli wrote:i have an idea for two new commands:
/bugreport to send a bug/problem message to admin (then u can make that u can read this message in Office too maybe)

/report to send a /mail to all moderators (and admins?)

if some msg i should know,maybe it's better to post it in here on this threads of forum,as i said.it's easier for me to read web more than login "MINETEST-GAME". once reply here on this threads, i will receive a mail immediately,i could read it on smartphone or computer by common browser.maybe a special subject like"[#BugReport]...",other user in minetest-forum could read it also,maybe give us suggestion too,and easy to recall if all bugs are fixed.

tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 14:10

linushsao wrote:the second issue about player idle for some reasons.

but i think we could not extend the consumpation ratio because that reason,because mars-world try to simulation the real world.

maybe we could have a solution to satisfied both player-idle & satiation setting. we could make a function to let player "auto-eating" when idle,a command likes "/auto-eat (on/off)",default is off. when player switch to "/auto-eat on" and "hold foods" in hand,server will let player eatting when satiation <5(for example) till no food.

But that is real world. The person who is idle will consume less energy than the hardworking one. That's why gave an example. can you eat as much as "The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)"? :) :P lol. But i think auto-eat is a nice idea. Gundul did something in jungle so that one who is running, jumping and digging will get hungry faster than the person who is idle and doing nothing :) So, i guess that's possible.
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 06, 2017 15:21

tm3 wrote:...Gundul did something in jungle so that one who is running, jumping and digging will get hungry faster than the person who is idle and doing nothing :) So, i guess that's possible.

maybe we already have....XD. and i'll complete the "/auto-eat" maybe few days ago.

tm3

by tm3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34

Linus, did you change Big APPLE to be used only twice a month. lol but why? i don't understand. Development was going quite well. Plus, i can't remove/relocate old houses now (which are more than 3 months absence player's). Lol is it just in-game month or for complete this month on calendar? In my free time, i used to chew those apples and did things for spawn and other things. Btw, i didn't always do everything with that. you have to place blocks for decoration. Haven't done a single thing for my home yet using that and probably will do nothing at all towards my home or may be later i don't know. May be, i won't play and just do mod/supervisor work / more public work as needed in game after finishing the public works i am currently doing. :) You will never know, but i already have my fun :D. i learned a lot from this kind of work. I was previously unexperienced in these sort of things, esp. modding, world-editing etc. I can't always focus for a whole day on a game until the next restart, that's why the old way of big apple was good :)
Last edited by tm3 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
- Yours truly TM3

Gundul

GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul

by Gundul » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:56

tm3 wrote:

But that is real world. The person who is idle will consume less energy than the hardworking one. That's why gave an example. can you eat as much as "The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)"? :) :P lol. But i think auto-eat is a nice idea. Gundul did something in jungle so that one who is running, jumping and digging will get hungry faster than the person who is idle and doing nothing :) So, i guess that's possible.

That is not from me that is default from hbhunger mod which works together with hudbars.

Easy to find in mods section in this forum :)

linushsao

by linushsao » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:15

tm3 wrote:Linus, did you change Big APPLE to be used only twice a month. lol but why? i don't understand. Development was going quite well. Plus, i can't remove/relocate old houses now (which are more than 3 months absence player's). Lol is it just in-game month or for complete this month on calendar? In my free time, i used to chew those apples and did things for spawn and other things. Btw, i didn't always do everything with that. you have to place blocks for decoration. Haven't done a single thing for my home yet using that and probably will do nothing at all towards my home or may be later i don't know. May be, i won't play and just do mod/supervisor work / more public work as needed in game after finishing the public works i am currently doing. :) You don't know, i already have my fun :D. I can't always focus for a whole day on a game until the next restart, that's why the old way of big apple was good :)

you know,i just image that you chewing apple & doing your job...XD. of course,we know you&juli doesn't always do everything with that and only for public works for players.

sorry,it's all my fault.i thought that you both have finished your great work to building public area,and twice per month to fixed public area will be ok.

i'll tweak to 30,just a moment.

tm3

by tm3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:25

linushsao wrote:
tm3 wrote:Linus, did you change Big APPLE to be used only twice a month. lol but why? i don't understand. Development was going quite well. Plus, i can't remove/relocate old houses now (which are more than 3 months absence player's). Lol is it just in-game month or for complete this month on calendar? In my free time, i used to chew those apples and did things for spawn and other things. Btw, i didn't always do everything with that. you have to place blocks for decoration. Haven't done a single thing for my home yet using that and probably will do nothing at all towards my home or may be later i don't know. May be, i won't play and just do mod/supervisor work / more public work as needed in game after finishing the public works i am currently doing. :) You don't know, i already have my fun :D. I can't always focus for a whole day on a game until the next restart, that's why the old way of big apple was good :)

you know,i just image that you chewing apple & doing your job...XD. of course,we know you&juli doesn't always do everything with that and only for public works for players.

sorry,it's all my fault.i thought that you both have finished your work to building public area,and twice per month to fixed public area will be ok.

i'll disable the limited and tweak to 30,just a moment.

Lol, chewing apple and doing job :D. Yes but not entirely. Things are there which can't be done with those ;) But still major portion is done with the help of apples in public section. Regarding finishing work, i will let you know, after that i probably won't be needing much of those apples as only modding works like removing old homes / relocating them will be needed or some minor tweaks to already established area which i can do without big apple :) :P with remaining/few resources / with juli :)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:31

yes,tks for you&juli .

and bro,is it ok this morning?i hear that some bad thing happen?tks for your trying to do a just judgement,hope all players could understand it,management is not easy when more players join in mars.

tm3

by tm3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40

Gundul wrote:
tm3 wrote:

That is not from me that is default from hbhunger mod which works together with hudbars.

Easy to find in mods section in this forum :)

ah so that's the mod. hbhunger. ok thanks :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:47

linushsao wrote:yes,tks for you&juli .

and bro,is it ok this morning?i hear that some bad thing happen?tks for your trying to do a just judgement,hope all players could understand it,management is not easy when more players join in mars.

Oh no problem at all. Nothing but just kiddo fight lol :) Gave each one of them what they deserve. :) Justice got served :P. Yes true managing is a difficult thing not just in a game but in every crowded place; esp. internet but i have seen lot of things; both good and bad in life and i am quite old and mature to handle those issues. :) Thanks for the concern though :) The only concern i have is other players get disturbed while this happens but our player and a player from jungle too; Cryterion has the best solution. Switch off the chat and let mod handle kids :) :P :D i like his solution as a player :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 09:01

Linus, The server was shutdown and not starting while i was doing some work ;) it should restart but it got shutdown. Sorry about that. Must be some server side problem. Hope you will correct it.
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Thu Feb 09, 2017 09:58

tm3 wrote:Linus, The server was shutdown and not starting while i was doing some work ;) it should restart but it got shutdown. Sorry about that. Must be some server side problem. Hope you will correct it.

It's OK,don't worry. I'm outside,will be back about after 4hours .

linushsao

by linushsao » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:20

server is running again ...

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Fri Feb 10, 2017 01:30

Okay area protected finally. structure built. air generator working properly. Getting technics on the path where I can do something. Front lawn is over grown but community garden and mossy cobble generator operating. Added a chest so people can replace cobble.

Q: How do you use and get animals? I manage to get barns built and feed put in. No lasso or net and no wandering animals to trap. Or has this not been added yet?

linushsao

by linushsao » Fri Feb 10, 2017 08:14

Michael Eh? wrote:Okay area protected finally. structure built. air generator working properly. Getting technics on the path where I can do something. Front lawn is over grown but community garden and mossy cobble generator operating. Added a chest so people can replace cobble.

Q: How do you use and get animals? I manage to get barns built and feed put in. No lasso or net and no wandering animals to trap. Or has this not been added yet?

hi,Michael. i'm glad to hear you talking about the animals in mars.we had animal mod included before,but i was not for sure that if players wanted it,so now it's not in game.but i really think about that we could have animals in mars.

you know mars-world-game is created as a simulation,not only a game. in fact,i had ideas before,

plan A:animal mod in mars will be treated as "animals imported from earth"
plan B:animal mod in mars will comes from Genetic Engineering.so i also prepare/test/tweak "chemical mod".

but seems its faster and reasonable to use plan A, as following:
1.players could only "buy" animals from offical shop in spawn,animal will not auto-spawn on mars.
2.Animals in mars can only live in oxygen rooms,will be dead when touch outside-air.
3.Male and female animals together have chance to born new animal.
4.animals may be "Gene mutation" in a very low chance, will transfer to agressive mobs.

we will have animals back step by step,any suggestion is welcome.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Fri Feb 10, 2017 20:30

Yeah, I saw that the animal mod wasn't there. Though I've been digging up on air chambers... any gaps as diagonal blocks leak air so domes are useless you microblock the cracks. A question if you can create larger air space areas by walling off sections then pressurizing them. Afterward break down the walls to get one large area.

One gripe is you can't craft stone bricks, panels, stairs with mars stone like you can with desert stone/cobble. The mythos that Mars once had a civilization before a massive meteor impact shattered mars lower continent that even sent rock flying as far as Earth. Infamous face on Mars which some pointed to series of pyramids ... yada yada. It would fit to craft some pyramids in Mars stone.

The anime, TerraForMars, painted a future where mankind terraforms Mars but it backfires with deadly virus gets loose on Earth. Much the same, the cockroaches set there evolve to humanoids intent of destroying those trying to find the cure to virus which originated on Mars.

I've been 'Twitching' my adventures on Mars Survive with no audience. I also been testing terraforming on small scale. Lots of work. I'll work on large air room underground and building catwalks so newbies can access Cryterion's mine which is pitted with sinkholes left from quarry machine. I almost got -200m to -100m on one section but I'll need to get the drill working. The tool repair down... I can give fuel for recharging batteries.

linushsao

by linushsao » Fri Feb 10, 2017 23:37

Michael Eh? wrote:...
One gripe is you can't craft stone bricks, panels, stairs with mars stone like you can with desert stone/cobble. The mythos that Mars once had a civilization before a massive meteor impact shattered mars lower continent that even sent rock flying as far as Earth. Infamous face on Mars which some pointed to series of pyramids ... yada yada. It would fit to craft some pyramids in Mars stone.

recipe broken? could you give me the node's name,i have check several recipes of bricks,it's ok maybe burnning mars-stone or craft from clay.maybe some recipes still broken i should fixed?

The anime, TerraForMars, painted a future where mankind terraforms Mars but it backfires with deadly virus gets loose on Earth. Much the same, the cockroaches set there evolve to humanoids intent of destroying those trying to find the cure to virus which originated on Mars.

TerraForMars is ineresting(..are you japan people? in taiwan we could see that movie,too.and i like animation of japan very much) .YES!!,we try to make mars-world as an technic-space_fear-survival worlds.and the cockroaches mutation? in fact i had think about that,but you know i have to keep mars-world just be "not to hard core",we even have to fight alien for copper.

I've been 'Twitching' my adventures on Mars Survive with no audience. I also been testing terraforming on small scale. Lots of work. I'll work on large air room underground and building catwalks so newbies can access Cryterion's mine which is pitted with sinkholes left from quarry machine. I almost got -200m to -100m on one section but I'll need to get the drill working. The tool repair down... I can give fuel for recharging batteries.

welcome to mars,many players like you make mars better. any suggestion/bug report is welcome.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Sat Feb 11, 2017 03:43

Not really broken just you can't craft stairs with Mars Stone as you would with stone or desert stone.

I'm from Canada but I've seen terraformars series. I must admit, copper is hard to find. Almost as bad as diamond. Mythril is easier to find.

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 07:23

Michael Eh? wrote:Yeah, I saw that the animal mod wasn't there. Though I've been digging up on air chambers... any gaps as diagonal blocks leak air so domes are useless you microblock the cracks. A question if you can create larger air space areas by walling off sections then pressurizing them. Afterward break down the walls to get one large area.

Good to know that you are doing things rapidly. No need to worry about recharging and repairing for players; because public mine is nearly ready and will be launched soon. Taking a little bit of time; as i am busy with life too ;). No machine has broken down. I have sent you reply mail in game regarding this. Probably you missed it. I cut off those machines to make spawn. There will be no machine at spawn anyway; all will go to the public mine. There will be 12 hv battery boxes for recharge, 6 mv repair machine for repair, 2 massively parallel ore doubler and 2 parallel ore grinder. So, please don't be hasty. Although as soon as i finish the repairing machine i will open it for public. I will do the ore doubler and grinder later may be. No need to worry about public mine too. The area where i am putting repair station is completely untouched, quite far and has -500m deep canyon and 2 big canyons to dig the hell out of mars. :P I will put a elevator to go down straight to mine and come up to recharge station and a travelnet in spawn to travel there for mining ;)

Regarding stone bricks, yes you can't make it from mars stone. That's why it's different from earth. Make cobblestone. i will give you a hint. its lot easy to make cobblestone then follow the in-game guide to make one. Use lava and water and a node breaker :) Hope you understand. i have produced a chest full of them. it will also generate money ;) Then you can make whatever shape you want using circular saw. :)

Regarding air, yes air leaks if any such dome is there. better make a square/rectangular shape for them. Currently, i am trying to put air in a pyramidal shape but no success yet. Make small rooms of (8x8) max, i guess; to hold the air. if you are putting it in large area, please do it by dividing them using glass.

Regarding "twitching your adventures though mars alone". Sorry about that, but it's not player deficiency. There are players, but problem is timezone. Most of the players here, are from europe or from asia. Even i logout from irc after 12 midnight. So, you are alone until some friend of yours or players from american timezone join in. I will try to make something in spawn like keyword finding etc. to give player interact in case me or juli not there. So, that player don't need mod to get interact. Plus, i am also making an irc bot named 'tot3' who will talk to players when i am absent and try to reply to them regarding rules and help newbies. Later is difficult to make :P :)

Regarding animals can't say. Probably linus has answered it already :)
Last edited by tm3 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 08:38, edited 5 times in total.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 07:27

Michael Eh? wrote:Not really broken just you can't craft stairs with Mars Stone as you would with stone or desert stone.

I'm from Canada but I've seen terraformars series. I must admit, copper is hard to find. Almost as bad as diamond. Mythril is easier to find.

Copper and diamond gonna stay like this. Ask linus about it. I have tried lot of negotiation with him. But he want it a little difficult. so, the survival aspect. Though diamond are little hard to find generally in a earthly system in this game too. But yes copper is bummer here . But now you can even kill aliens to get copper. i again give you a hint. Make a small alien hunting area like cryterion has watch tower in the public alien hunt area. Alien generate rapidly in a mars stone environment than the sandy area ;) put secams. put a chest. connect it to vacuum pneumatic tube. Rest is fine. i have this machine below the floating house of mine. They kill aliens and give me things ;)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:37

Michael Eh? wrote:Not really broken just you can't craft stairs with Mars Stone as you would with stone or desert stone.

hi,Michael,remember here is mars,not earth. but except trade with other players,we still have several ways to get copper:
1.mining copper/UJEore:just dig,for every player.
2.kill alien:hey,soldier,hold you weapon.for fighter.
3.buy it:sell your extra lump and get money_note through vender-machine in spawn,than exchanging for minecoin,finally asking IRON-MAN to buy copper , for every player but better know how to make machine
4.volcano on sureface has some:truely rarely,God know it!!
Last edited by linushsao on Sun Feb 12, 2017 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

linushsao

[#Announce] New mod:smartshop

by linushsao » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16

As Title,included in mars-world,will take effect while server restarting...

tm3

Re: [#Announce] New mod:smartshop

by tm3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 13:34

linushsao wrote:As Title,included in mars-world,will take effect while server restarting...

Great bro ;) smart shops are awesome. I am making a list of those scifi blocks and their recipes too. I will finish it soon. :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 13:46

ANNOUCEMENT

1. Public mining area available now. You can access from spawn house of teleport. Use Public travelnet to reach there.

2. When you use the travelnet to reach public mining area, you will land on the recharge and repair station. There are 12 hv recharge machines for fast electrical tools (technic lasers and drills etc.) recharging and 6 mv repair machines for mechanical tools (pickaxes, shovels etc.) repairing.

3. There is also elevators outside of the recharge and repair station in public mine area. Currently, there are 3 levels below to dig at -500m (big open canyon) , -1000m (caverealm), -1500m (granite, uranium). More coming soon.

Note: The mining area has its own rules and instructions for your ease. Please follow them. An air chamber in the mining area station and a massively parallel ore doubler machine coming soon.

4. There is now 2 air chamber in the building area station now if you travel and build there using public travelnet. Will try to make a air house there if needed. :)

Danger note (LOL) :
I am going to entirely remove the old spawn soon and make different rules sections on the left side of new spawn and shops on the right sides for players. So, whoever has put vending machines, shops etc. in there please remove for now or i will have to remove it and again put in the shop area later. But that may destroy the contents in the shops and vending machine. So, you may contact me through in-game mail so that i will relocate it only after you remove the contents. Linus, you have one vending machine in there too. ;) :P but don't worry bro that will be there for players' use. i will tell you when to shift it ;)

Juli is very smart and he has put a shop right behind the old spawn. So, his shop will stay untouched :):D
Last edited by tm3 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 14:34, edited 3 times in total.
- Yours truly TM3

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers