[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

linushsao

IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [#Announce] New mod:smartshop

by linushsao » Sun Feb 12, 2017 13:55

tm3 wrote:Great bro ;) smart shops are awesome. I am making a list of those scifi blocks and their recipes too. I will finish it soon. :)

tks alot,tm3. it's awesome.
1).My Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.

Michael Eh?

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Mon Feb 13, 2017 02:24

Spawn expansion caught me off guard. Will I be forced to move? The dome in front is gone. I was a safe distance and put a lot of work into my space with some free stuff for new players. Just concerned I'm going to lose it all.

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 13, 2017 02:28

tm3 wrote:...
Linus, you have one vending machine in there too. ;) :P but don't worry bro that will be there for players' use. i will tell you when to shift it ;)...

of course,tm3. tks for your remind.pls wait me a moment tonight.

all player's accounts bundled with vending-machine,if i directly remove vending-machine,i afraid that players will lose all their acounts in bank.i'll test it and make sure all player's accounts in bank could be allright tonight.
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.

tm3

IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 07:04

Michael Eh? wrote:Spawn expansion caught me off guard. Will I be forced to move? The dome in front is gone. I was a safe distance and put a lot of work into my space with some free stuff for new players. Just concerned I'm going to lose it all.

You won't loose it all don't worry. If you want i or juli can relocate it to a suitable area too like martian village, public building area. :) or you can keep it like a garden area there. i will put a notice on the new rules and info board( which will be made soon) that players will go to your garden to take free stuff (like basic free stuff for every astronaut, plants for mark whatneys xD :P ). But don't give them too much of plants ok. I am also trying to make a restrictive machine under the spawn area which will give only few sapling and some basic food growing seeds to new players. The reason i want spawn to be alone is that someone who is coming out of spawn should see the vast landscape and get a more scifi and barren land feeling of Mars plus spawn is a base of operation from where player travels farther to see things and make things ;) make sense about terraforming or exploring something :) This is the reason i and juli made structures far too :) So, that players find new areas, new and more resources in canyons etc. :)

The Dome in front in gone because the person has made a stupid looking house and juli put a cover of dome to cover it up. When the person is not coming any more i deleted it ;) i am waiting for another guy who hasn't come for 2 months and made a glassy structure near spawn too :P So, if you are building further areas / houses / mines etc. i suggest do it far or best is building area (its nearly flat area, plus 2 big canyons. Also, martian village of juli is just a bridge away from there. Vindelle has made a nice house and an inviting garden there)

Read new rules about building too. It's on spawn rules board. :) I have to put it because 2 players were unnecessarily fighting over not to build / live near each other and it got to the extent of killing each other and finally i had to ban them :(
Last edited by tm3 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 07:27

linushsao wrote:
Linus, you have one vending machine in there too. ;) :P but don't worry bro that will be there for players' use. i will tell you when to shift it ;)...

of course,tm3. tks for your remind.pls wait me a moment tonight.

all player's accounts bundled with vending-machine,if i directly remove vending-machine,i afraid that players will lose all their acounts in bank.i'll test it and make sure all player's accounts in bank could be allright tonight.

Ok bro. Don't worry about it. Even i dismantle spawn. The vending machines and some shops of yang will be there (At least, for the time being; until relocated with proper configuration) to help players in general :) I don't want to break down those shops and vending machine. They help players exchange things and money :) So, do it at your suitability.

Linus, can you enable the protection block ( protector:protect ) thing of the protection mod ( http://wiki.minetest.net/Mods/Protector/Protection ) as players can only protect 4 areas max with area_pos command and sometimes its needed to temporarily protect things like in quarry or a road/route or a garden or blocks near a travelnet/elevator in mines etc. Currently, there is only protection logo ( protector:protect2 ) which takes copper. We are already deficient of that and building any machine uses copper a lot. The previous one ( protector:protect) uses wrought iron ingot
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

[#Memo] commands:setspawn/setrespawn

by linushsao » Mon Feb 13, 2017 09:22

tm3 wrote:I am going to entirely remove the old spawn soon and make different rules sections on the left side of new spawn and shops on the right sides for players. So, whoever has put vending machines, shops etc. in there please remove for now or i will have to remove it and again put in the shop area later. But that may destroy the contents in the shops and vending machine. So, you may contact me through in-game mail so that i will relocate it only after you remove the contents. Linus, you have one vending machine in there too. ;) :P but don't worry bro that will be there for players' use. i will tell you when to shift it ;)

hi,supervisors.

today i have some free time in office,so i'm working on that 2 new commands for supervisors: setspawn / setrespawn . maybe will take effect after tonight. it's for supervisors that could be easy to change position of spawn/respawn in game when making new building or extending player's hall,dont have to tell&wait for admin to tweak codes.

juli

GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Mon Feb 13, 2017 21:43

lol can u make the same for the jail?
I'll go to change the Position of the jail in a few days if i have time.
Best would be one command where u can choose to set spawn or jail or new_player_spawn
Please tell me if i have written bad english.
Planets/Asteroids mod: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=15933
servers where i'am:
mars-server
jungle-server
buildersworld

linushsao

by linushsao » Mon Feb 13, 2017 22:16

juli wrote:lol can u make the same for the jail?
I'll go to change the Position of the jail in a few days if i have time.
Best would be one command where u can choose to set spawn or jail or new_player_spawn

Of course,Juli.

linushsao

by linushsao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24

Sorry for supervisors without "bring" privs,will fix it at tonight's update.

linushsao

[#Announce] New command for supervisors: /confpos & others

by linushsao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53

description:
1.only for supervisors ,used for setting the positions of spawn/respawn/jail in game.
2.will take effect immediately without reboot.

usage:
1./confpos <PARAMS> | <PARAMS>={spawn,respawn,jail,all},*all* means show current configure of positions
2.spawn for newplayer,respawn for after player die,jail for jail.
3./help confpos

other:
1.add "bring" privs to supervisors.(sorry my mistake),will take effect after tomorrow's schedul reboot at 23:59.(if reboot before 23:59 today,will take effect after schedul reboot at 23:59 today)
2.what's different between command teleport&bring? only "basic_privs" privs is required for command "bring",it is for moderators that could bring moderators to player's position.

linushsao

[#IDEAS] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Wed Feb 15, 2017 04:14

hi,all

tm3

Re: [#Announce] New command for supervisors: /confpos & othe

by tm3 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 05:47

linushsao wrote:description:
1.only for supervisors ,used for setting the positions of spawn/respawn/jail in game.
2.will take effect immediately without reboot.

usage:
1./confpos <PARAMS> | <PARAMS>={spawn,respawn,jail,all},*all* means show current configure of positions
2.spawn for newplayer,respawn for after player die,jail for jail.
3./help confpos

other:
1.add "bring" privs to supervisors.(sorry my mistake),will take effect after tomorrow's schedul reboot at 23:59.(if reboot before 23:59 today,will take effect after schedul reboot at 23:59 today)
2.what's different between command teleport&bring? only "basic_privs" privs is required for command "bring",it is for moderators that could bring moderators to player's position.

Ah thanks bro. The commands bring and teleport almost the same ;) but the "bring privs" is different. It not only bring you to players but if you need to relocate a player to you; rather than just going to them. it is required in situations like player is in trouble and can't get out, you want to showcase some player about something you or someone made ( esp. regarding machines to get idea of making it ;) ) etc.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

Re: [#IDEAS] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 05:50

linushsao wrote:hi,all

Hi. lol no one is replying ;) :P. Reason everyone was busy yesterday for V -day and today they have no energy left to reply xD :P. Except me i have lots of energy :) Anyways, happy v-day (belated or currently going according to timezones) :)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Wed Feb 15, 2017 08:23

tm3 wrote:

Hi. lol no one is replying ;) :P. Reason everyone was busy yesterday for V -day and today they have no energy left to reply xD :P. Except me i have lots of energy :) Anyways, happy v-day (belated or currently going according to timezones) :)

oh,no. my reply is'nt completely. i was trying to discuss as following:
1.some players talk about in real mars,furnace(use fuel like coal) couldnt burn. in fact i thought it but maybe make game too hard-core?(newplyaer have to use normal-furnace in oxgen-chamber or other player's air-room.
2.maybe disable F5(debug info)? and add WUZZY's awesome mod(viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15247)

busy yesterday? yes,i'm busy to make "/confpos" ...XD

linushsao

by linushsao » Wed Feb 15, 2017 08:37

tm3 wrote:Ah thanks bro. The commands bring and teleport almost the same ;) but the "bring privs" is different. It not only bring you to players but if you need to relocate a player to you; rather than just going to them. it is required in situations like player is in trouble and can't get out, you want to showcase some player about something you or someone made ( esp. regarding machines to get idea of making it ;) ) etc.

yes, cmd"bring" i made has part function of teleport,but only "transfer moderator to player's position",and required only "basic_privs"(for md,if supervisors grant player as md in furture),so it's for md.

cmd"teleport" could do something else as "summon",especially when player get stock.only for supervisors

linushsao

[#Announce] Toys | New Mod:emote

by linushsao » Wed Feb 15, 2017 14:52

description:
1.An interesting tools that could make players show actions,pls check viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16374 for new commands 。
2.except standard 7 commands in emote mod,i add command "ee" (using "/ee") will show action menu.

will take effect after reboot.
action menu i made,open it by press "/ee"

YAPP,great building,hello mars.

linushsao

Re: [#Announce] Toys | New Mod:emote

by linushsao » Thu Feb 16, 2017 05:14

Last edited by linushsao on Thu Feb 16, 2017 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

tm3

by tm3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 07:00

linushsao wrote:
tm3 wrote:

oh,no. my reply is'nt completely. i was trying to discuss as following:
1.some players talk about in real mars,furnace(use fuel like coal) couldnt burn. in fact i thought it but maybe make game too hard-core?(newplyaer have to use normal-furnace in oxgen-chamber or other player's air-room.
2.maybe disable F5(debug info)? and add WUZZY's awesome mod(viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15247)

busy yesterday? yes,i'm busy to make "/confpos" ...XD

oh no, don't disable F5 its not just only debug, it shows other stuff like names of nodes, co-ordinates etc. and even which minetest version, your fps and range of sight etc. you can add wuzzy as extra though; i think its not needed. If you want to add this wuzzy tool add only Quadcorder. It's doing almost everything of those tool. Btw you can think of F5 as an advanced spacesuit display too lol just like iron man has one, i think we will be there soon as 2030 is the real journey for mars and ai and real time displays are getting improved real fast ;) Plus, this wuzzy tool will make progress only slower as F5 does it as player moves like a real-time instrument. you have to put and use wuzzy tool in hand everytime you go somewhere. That's just annoying, not difficulty.

Regarding coal burning in mars, yes that will not burn with even avg. efficiency as lack of oxygen but putting it in air chamber is not possible unless every player has at least one air gene as a basic tool. Because other players might not allow others. Plus, putting furnace in other players area in not possible as we have protection. Using only other's furnace is fine but i don't know who will say yes and who will say no. btw, what if doors are locked and no one is in server and a player is playing where he gonna burn things :P. Another solution may be to build air rooms in public area for help and put lot of furnace there ;). BTW, this only works for newbies who don't have machine. As soon as you have technic machines, you can smelt with electricity :)
So, adding this difficulty is fine. No, it won't be hardcore. But for the first timers, we have to put a public furnace area with oxygen chamber or give each player a airgene ( may be 20% one)as basic tool. There is no other viable way.
Last edited by tm3 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 07:01

linushsao wrote:
tm3 wrote:Ah thanks bro. The commands bring and teleport almost the same ;) but the "bring privs" is different. It not only bring you to players but if you need to relocate a player to you; rather than just going to them. it is required in situations like player is in trouble and can't get out, you want to showcase some player about something you or someone made ( esp. regarding machines to get idea of making it ;) ) etc.

yes, cmd"bring" i made has part function of teleport,but only "transfer moderator to player's position",and required only "basic_privs"(for md,if supervisors grant player as md in furture),so it's for md.

cmd"teleport" could do something else as "summon",especially when player get stock.only for supervisors

yes. ok. i think that will be fine. :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 07:04

linushsao wrote:description:
1.An interesting tools that could make players show actions,pls check viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16374 for new commands 。
2.except standard 7 commands in emote mod,i add command "ee" (using "/ee") will show action menu.

will take effect after reboot.
action menu i made,open it by press "/ee"

YAPP,great building,hello mars.

good i like emote . Now, player can rest, sit and say hello good :)

glad that you liked those buildings. btw, that juli's bank and machine setups in martian village ;)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Thu Feb 16, 2017 08:19

linushsao

by linushsao » Thu Feb 16, 2017 08:42

So, adding this difficulty is fine. No, it won't be hardcore. But for the first timers, we have to put a public furnace area with oxygen chamber or give each player a airgene ( may be 20% one)as basic tool. There is no other viable way.

yes,you are right, it's better to perpare a public furnace area with oxgen chamber(near the spawn of newplayer). would you pls setup an "public furnace area with oxgen" if you have free time? if it's completely pls tell me the position,i'll make common-furnace only be used in oxgen environment.

tks,tm3.

tm3

by tm3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48

linushsao wrote:

yes,you are right, it's better to perpare a public furnace area with oxgen chamber(near the spawn of newplayer). would you pls setup an "public furnace area with oxgen" if you have free time? if it's completely pls tell me the position,i'll make common-furnace only be used in oxgen environment.

tks,tm3.

I will try to make it asap. i think it can be coded with 2 ways.

1. if the furnace touches air on any side it burns coal. This will be quite easy i guess. :)

2. if the furnace can be connected to air generator with pipes of pipework mod. i know that the default coal furnace takes pipes and can take things into it. so it works with pipeworks mod. So, if you can allow pipeworks to pass air from air gene to the furnace, it can be done. like coal in the furnace and the air gene supplies oxygen. Although this one is harder to code as you have to see pipeworks code too :)

First one will be quick and easy :) plus while player will be burning things he/she can breathe and fill up gas bottle too :)
- Yours truly TM3

linushsao

by linushsao » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:12

tm3 wrote:I will try to make it asap. i think it can be coded with 2 ways.

1. if the furnace touches air on any side it burns coal. This will be quite easy i guess. :)

2. if the furnace can be connected to air generator with pipes of pipework mod. i know that the default coal furnace takes pipes and can take things into it. so it works with pipeworks mod. So, if you can allow pipeworks to pass air from air gene to the furnace, it can be done. like coal in the furnace and the air gene supplies oxygen. Although this one is harder to code as you have to see pipeworks code too :)

First one will be quick and easy :) plus while player will be burning things he/she can breathe and fill up gas bottle too :)

tks for your suggestion,maybe solution 1 will make it free to place furnace,and ...easy to tweak..XD only have to detect the position around furnace if oxgen exist. i prefer it.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Sat Feb 18, 2017 20:42

Well there is a mossy cobble generator and community garden close to spawn at Canada House.. my base. Plus free air in the complex for now. I am moving further back from spawn once the new location south is fixed up and most of the other stuff I've built is removed or filled in.

I'm willing to build a welcome center outside of spawn with a larger garden, tree area with emergency shelter with air and services while spawn over goes rebuild. First comes relocation of my area... until then drop by.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Sat Feb 18, 2017 20:49

Of course, this is on my list of builds for Mars Survive....

Though I plan to make it accurately but maybe not functional... except for air support. Space port anyone?

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 08:46

Michael Eh? wrote:Well there is a mossy cobble generator and community garden close to spawn at Canada House.. my base. Plus free air in the complex for now. I am moving further back from spawn once the new location south is fixed up and most of the other stuff I've built is removed or filled in.

I'm willing to build a welcome center outside of spawn with a larger garden, tree area with emergency shelter with air and services while spawn over goes rebuild. First comes relocation of my area... until then drop by.

Fine if you want to move i will move it. I have to drain all the liquid though first or they just leak out which is not good esp. if you have lava. water is fine. Reply back if you have lava or clear it up first.

Regarding making welcome center, it's not needed. I appreciate your concern but spawn will have all rules, info, help too including air at almost all places even in interact maze, shops by players. no need to worry. As i said before, spawn is a base, like a military base. First made. So, no need for a garden. As i said again i am trying to make a sapling machine below spawn too which will provide saplings to make garden. Player need to come out of spawn and see what they are facing against. (The barren land of mars, not garden of earth) So, sorry. No making anything green or homely near spawn. Whatever basic kits etc. will be provided by spawn. Extra things will player buy from spawn shops ( by mods and players too). You can give free stuff to players in your area. I will put an extra notice in the spawn board for now, so players can avail those services :)
Last edited by tm3 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 08:50

Michael Eh? wrote:Of course, this is on my list of builds for Mars Survive....

Though I plan to make it accurately but maybe not functional... except for air support. Space port anyone?

Looking good. But what the space port will do anyway. if you are saying travelling to space, juli has a travelnet in the spawn travelnet center which will take you to a height of 1000m above into ISS and his satellite area.
You are welcome to make your own iss if you can travel to that high up. :) or best is contact juli to make a satellite or something near his satellite.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 09:15

linushsao wrote:
tm3 wrote:I will try to make it asap. i think it can be coded with 2 ways.

tks for your suggestion,maybe solution 1 will make it free to place furnace,and ...easy to tweak..XD only have to detect the position around furnace if oxgen exist. i prefer it.

Yeah true. Placed some normal furnaces for use behind juli's shop (left and right of his shop) and configured with air. But don't work as no one will be able to access it . As, normal furnaces are also owned now. So, it will require making setup again with pipeworks, filter-injectors etc lol. well i will make one and replicate it with worldedit but let's see if it works.

Note later: i have made those furnaces (only 5, right of juli's shop). Reason it's actually pretty crap and there are chances of over using fuel to cook. so, only 5. As soon as they make technic machine they won't need it. so...

Also, can you please add air support for sci-fi mod. As their basic recipe block which is a white sci-fi plastic node made from 9 plastic sheets. So, it isn't easy to produce too. It requires lots of leaves, crafting to make oil and burning of them to make plastic. So, blocks that hard can easily hold air. :)

Also, did you make the protector:protect block available from protector mod. Protection logo takes copper which is scarce here and valuable for machines and not a good idea to at least protect homes; basic for a player. protector:protect uses iron ingot as recipe.

noted later: uh, nevermind. i saw a recipe of protect logo using mithril. mithril is fine. completely useless, so can be used for protection logo. good idea. :) Everyone, you can use mithril and stones to make protection logo to protect your area apart from /area_pos :)
Last edited by tm3 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 14:25, edited 3 times in total.
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38

Linus, server is down again when using world edit commands lol.

Please restart it again :)

Lol, world edit noob in action. XD
- Yours truly TM3

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers