[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 55

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

Re: @test@ Just Test II [SERVER]

by sorcerykid » Tue Oct 18, 2016 00:36

I'm proud to announce that the city subway system is expanding! Construction of three new stations is completed, including the Canal Transfer Station (400 N), the North-Side Station (125 N), and the South-Side Station (175 S). Renovation of the Spawntown Station boarding platform is also completed. For your convenience, all four stations have escalators to street level as well as minecart exchange machines.

South-Side Station boarding platform

Street level entrance to South-Side Station

Spawntown Station boarding platform

Canal Transfer Station boarding platform

Once again, I owe a debt of gratitude to everyone that donated materials for this project and to twoelk for helping to excavate most of the tunnels. Many thanks also to rnd and 843jdc for granting easement for the Red Line and Green Line through their respective properties.

BlueFireIceUn

In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Thu Oct 20, 2016 06:15

guys, why can't I put water? I'm at -50 and can't put water. Can someone explain me?
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Fri Oct 21, 2016 13:57

BlueFireIceUn wrote:guys, why can't I put water? I'm at -50 and can't put water. Can someone explain me?

You can't place tnt until you get to -150. I'm sure water is the same way. (Wait, does this mean I can't make a Master_CJ water slide above ground? :P )
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Oct 22, 2016 18:31

BlueFireIceUn wrote:guys, why can't I put water? I'm at -50 and can't put water. Can someone explain me?

Some people have the priv to add water, you can ask them.
Also you can craft lag_ice and it will melt.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Oct 23, 2016 14:53

Attachments
jt201601022-1k.png
jt201601022-1k.png (414.8 KiB) Viewed 4604 times

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 01:39

Several major streets are getting a "new look", thanks to a tip from Fixer proposing that bone boxes can serve as makeshift asphalt pavement. So far it's been a huge undertaking requiring the manual replacement of hundreds of nodes along every corridor. Shoutouts to all of the players that have generously donated large sums of bones to aid in the resurfacing project including AspireMint, jtee, Prairiesky, CryMaker, and and yes, even Wuzzy (despite his reservations about the apparent sacrilige :P).

I am also in the process of installing street lamps and street signs in addition to trees, bushes, benches and other streetscaping elements as needed to improve the overall design aesthetic of roadways within the city. Enjoy!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 23:22

It was officially one month ago today that jackspades had his property nuked by abba, the ultimate penalty for cheating. I can't help but wonder what mischief he is up to these days.

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Sun Oct 30, 2016 03:15

So the new Halloween decor is awesome! Well it does give my eyes the occasional seizure. And I do like the increased difficulty. But.... how does one grow wheat now that time has been set to permanent night time? Torches and Mese Lamps do not seem to work. And soon I will need more wood. We have a small forest so we can hold out a few days. If we are unable to grow trees... has the value of my wood just gone up? :P
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Oct 30, 2016 14:19

ExeterDad wrote:So the new Halloween decor is awesome! Well it does give my eyes the occasional seizure. And I do like the increased difficulty. But.... how does one grow wheat now that time has been set to permanent night time? Torches and Mese Lamps do not seem to work. And soon I will need more wood. We have a small forest so we can hold out a few days. If we are unable to grow trees... has the value of my wood just gone up? :P

Really? The crops are not working? Uhoh I will fix this. Not to worry all Halloween color overrides will go back to normal on Tuesday. :). This includes mobs.
As for night and day, it should still. Cycle, bit I could be mistaken.
The farming and trees will be fixed asap.

Thank you so much for reporting!!

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Sun Oct 30, 2016 20:58

Thanks for tweaking things this morning maikerumine. I'm thinking it wasn't permanent night, but rather a veeeeerrrry slow clock making for one long night of hell :P
Getting killed by a few of those pumpkins (and their kin) when you're so far from spawn is a experience. Makes for a long walk empty handed (trying) to dodge trouble to make it back to your bones.
After we managed to team up and protect each other, we managed to recover our tools of destruction and opened a "can of whoop-a$$". We scored some serious dirt out of the slaughter.

Attachments
screenshot_20161030_084750.png
screenshot_20161030_084750.png (301.27 KiB) Viewed 4604 times
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie

IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 20:54

Hey guys! Is the server down, or am I experiencing operator error? I don't even see it listed. :-/
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." ~ JK Rowling

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Thu Nov 03, 2016 22:30

Welcome to the forums Kibbie!
I didn't expect to see your name here as I came to the thread to ask the same thing.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Thu Nov 03, 2016 23:44

From what I understand, admin is doing maintenance work on server backend.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 23:48

sorcerykid wrote:From what I understand, admin is doing maintenance work on server backend.

Thanks Sorcerykid! I will find another way to occupy myself, like addressing the mountain of clean laundry piled on my bed. That's JUST as much fun. :)

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Nov 04, 2016 04:19

Major malfunction with der server. Hopefully fixed.
Sorry for the outage. :(

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Fri Nov 04, 2016 07:50

Here is the latest road map of the city.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:33

@sorcerykid I'm really enjoying the named streets idea. It should make navigation so much easier when describing a location to someone. Giving the cords does work well, but that involves going cross county through sometimes impossible to cross terrain/buildings.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Nov 04, 2016 13:25

sorcerykid wrote:Here is the latest road map of the city.

:D YOU, are awesome sorcerykid!!!!!!

Great work!!

twoelk

by twoelk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 13:53

cool!
I like that map
here's a snapshot of some of the tunnels at -50 below spawn. Some tunnels could need a connection :-)

Shown is a double 100m grid around spawn. There are deeper levels of large horizontal tunnel systems but this has the largest grid at the moment although other levels may sport larger rooms.

Attachments
Map-server_23.28.87.79_30002-2016-11-04--Tunnels_at_-50.png
Map-server_23.28.87.79_30002-2016-11-04--Tunnels_at_-50.png (50.86 KiB) Viewed 4604 times

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Nov 04, 2016 14:09

twoelk wrote:cool!
I like that map
here's a snapshot of some of the tunnels at -50 below spawn. Some tunnels could need a connection :-)

Shown is a double 100m grid around spawn. There are deeper levels of large horizontal tunnel systems but this has the largest grid at the moment although other levels may sport larger rooms.

Oh my! You did great work here!!!! Impressive!!
I think admin can hop in and open some holes for connection, if you want. :)

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 14:23

Thanks so much for fixing the server, Maikerumine! :D I'm sorry it was giving you grief!

Quick question regarding textures, I built a couple of houses using cobble, aspen, and wool slopes and now they are "unknown objects." Any chance we will get those objects back? I figured I should ask before doing some demolition and remodeling, especially since I *loathe* roofing. lol

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Nov 04, 2016 15:21

Quick notes about the mapgen / admin / messups...
Ouch....

I spent some many hours trying to :
Mapshrink --result major loss of some builds due to cavegen grief.etc
Alias --result in painstakenly floating around hoping I don't overwrite good data. and the messups were far too huge to do this manually.
Lastly -- this is what happened:

So i decided to abandon fixing and let it go. FREE JUNGLETREES, A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR THE TAKING! Ha haha!

And dirt, gravel, sand, clay, and the coveted desert_stone.

All is good, after all, it still is an all stone world.
Attachments
10227523.jpg
10227523.jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 4604 times
screenshot_20161104_110447.png
screenshot_20161104_110447.png (399.76 KiB) Viewed 4604 times

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Fri Nov 04, 2016 17:17

Wow, looks like some major cleanup work! I guess it's better just to keep the desert stone, sand, clay and dirt in world :)

On a related note, is there any possibility that you can please revert to the default 0.4.8 textures? Most of the roads and parks were designed specifically for those legacy textures. Yet, now they look really funky with this darker stone, cobble, brick, etc. The surfaces and shoulders of the roadways in particular are nearly indistinguishable, esp. in more rural locations where high visibility is paramount at night. It seems the overall aesthetic of the many other builds throughout the city has been altered dramatically as well.

I know when players have asked about the server description, you've said that the 0.4.8 was in reference to the default textures. So I hope this is not too much to trouble to ask for them back. Thanks!

Wraz

by Wraz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:05

When you discard some privileges (interact for me) check reason for that
I ask (and jtee or kuuma__) plot about removing ugly house between 4 properties, but he doesnt

esee.jpeg
esee.jpeg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 4604 times

botumin

In-game: botumin

by botumin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34

Hey everyone,

Want to crash our computers with a 12k x 12k pixels image? because that's how you do that ;-).
After a while I managed to get a proper program to open it... it's awesome! thanks :-).
I actually miss this from the original JT server, a page with an updated map and other info. Have you looked into running a small webserver with bits of information?

sorcerykid wrote:Here is the latest road map of the city.
http://i.imgur.com/oCSjrTM.png

Oh I love this. I wonder how we can get signs on every street so it catches on.
Maike, if you make a small webpage be sure to include this in the front

maikerumine wrote:Quick notes about the mapgen / admin / messups...
Ouch....
I spent some many hours trying to :
Mapshrink --result major loss of some builds due to cavegen grief.etc
Alias --result in painstakenly floating around hoping I don't overwrite good data. and the messups were far too huge to do this manually.
Lastly -- this is what happened:
So i decided to abandon fixing and let it go. FREE JUNGLETREES, A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR THE TAKING! Ha haha!
And dirt, gravel, sand, clay, and the coveted desert_stone.
All is good, after all, it still is an all stone world.

This is what I came to the forums for: changes
Is the boneworld mod gone for good? It'd be nice to know to plan ahead for what to focus in the game.

Also, learnt from the streams that now you can find somewhat easily dirt, sand and gravel, I like how it will promote exploring new areas (although it diminished the values of bones and might increase your server file size).

Finally, I love the streams although I never catch them live, they're quite fun to have in the background while I'm doing something else. Be sure to let Aiden know that although you may have few live viewers you have more than 10 times as many non-live ones.

botumin

In-game: botumin

by botumin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:52

oh and I also forgot, have ice and lag's ice recipes been removed? I don't know how to make them any more (I think it used to be surrounding a water bucket with snow and then the same but with lag's ice), I was on my way to make a memorial block, but then it changed.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Mon Nov 07, 2016 13:16

>Quick notes about the mapgen / admin / messups...

Thats why you need to test your changes on your local copy of the server...

LaserJet

In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Tue Nov 08, 2016 16:55

Hey guess who was greived

ME

i am expecting abba after restart (hopefully i know when the server restarts) i need abba to do some stuff like clearpassword and banning

Message to abba:
Ban LaserJet it was taken over by someone else we will have to do something else when we meet

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Nov 08, 2016 19:13

LaserJet wrote:Hey guess who was greived

ME

i am expecting abba after restart (hopefully i know when the server restarts) i need abba to do some stuff like clearpassword and banning

Message to abba:
Ban LaserJet it was taken over by someone else we will have to do something else when we meet

I am sorry to hear this. Please always have a password. I cannot stop what I am doing everytime someone gets "hacked". I will fix it tonight.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 16:42

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anything can be done about ISMAEL and sneke? I waited a while to complain because I know this is a PVP server, so I feel a little ridiculous. However, my builds are attacked on a daily basis. I have a fairly large/tall build, and they towered up and over to find an unprotected spot, caused damage and stole items. They are also picking on my 10-year-old and her creations.

Just now, SerVesta told me ISMAEL towered over Alex10's property and placed a protection block. ISMAEL (and his different aliases) repeatedly attack other players at spawn, tower over properties, and spam the chat. As much as I like this server and the people on it, at this point it's no longer fun - I am here to build and play the game with my kids, but the time spent undoing damage is making it impossible to enjoy the game play. :(

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers