[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 55

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by BBmine » Sun Jan 15, 2017 20:22

eddd wrote:real creepy. as soon as i submitted the last post he logged off right away.

I'll see about him (if you know what I meant XD)
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

BBmine

by BBmine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 00:16

Thanks to DVD and ggjones, I was able to blast off 502 TNTs in GoldFireUn's mines. XD

You can also watch a video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IUfEgtFvBw&index=3&list=PLFUD8-4AXgvSzSMNP89FF6Y86VXZ2N_an
God's not dead!

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 01:00

BBmine wrote:Thanks to DVD and ggjones, I was able to blast off 502 TNTs in GoldFireUn's mines. XD

You can also watch a video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IUfEgtFvBw&index=3&list=PLFUD8-4AXgvSzSMNP89FF6Y86VXZ2N_an

THAT....

was epic!!!

BBmine

by BBmine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 02:09

maikerumine wrote:
BBmine wrote:Thanks to DVD and ggjones, I was able to blast off 502 TNTs in GoldFireUn's mines. XD

THAT....

was epic!!!

Yes, it was!
Last edited by BBmine on Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:03, edited 2 times in total.
God's not dead!

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Tue Jan 17, 2017 14:18

Baggins, I didn't threaten to ban you. I also didn't say that you couldn't use more than 100 TNT. And I didn't say that you crashed the server. Please cease and desist with the persistent rumour mill on these forums.

I am the sole person responsible for making the official announcements about policies, rules, et al in this thread.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 15:00

sorcerykid wrote:Baggins, I didn't threaten to ban you. I also didn't say that you couldn't use more than 100 TNT. And I didn't say that you crashed the server. Please cease and desist with the persistent rumour mill on these forums.

I am the sole person responsible for making the official announcements about policies, rules, et al in this thread.

Baggins likes to stir up the pot. :)

BlueFireIceUn

In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Tue Jan 17, 2017 18:25

sorcerykid wrote:Baggins, I didn't threaten to ban you. I also didn't say that you couldn't use more than 100 TNT. And I didn't say that you crashed the server. Please cease and desist with the persistent rumour mill on these forums.

Well you could ask people to help you cause you don't ned to be sole person resonsible like maike does
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

BBmine

by BBmine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:06

Actually, the server did crash when I did it. For I myself, I'll let you know when I'm about to use a bunch of TNT so if it crashes, you won't have to waste hours trying to find the bug (me).
God's not dead!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:37

Baggins, you just said that you did not cause the server to crash in your reply above (which you conveniently edited. So please stop changing your story. Anyway, I've taken the server offline, and I am placing hard limitations on TNT usage.

Also I guess I am going to have to resort to quotes now on every reply since people cannot stand by their own claims

Actually, the server did crash when I did it. For I myself, I'll let you know when I'm about to use a bunch of TNT so if it crashes, you won't have to waste hours trying to find the bug (me).

BBmine

by BBmine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 21:18

sorcerykid wrote:Baggins, you just said that you did not cause the server to crash in your reply above (which you conveniently edited. So please stop changing your story. Anyway, I've taken the server offline, and I am placing hard limitations on TNT usage.

Also I guess I am going to have to resort to quotes now on every reply since people cannot stand by their own claims

I edited it because I realized that what I said wasn't exactly true, and I didn't want to mislead other people. Whether I said that I crashed the server or not, I do know that the server crashed at that time (could have been a coincidence). :)
God's not dead!

eddd

IRC: eddd
In-game: eddd

by eddd » Tue Jan 17, 2017 22:44

any idea when its coming back online? just asking.

sorcerykid wrote:Baggins, you just said that you did not cause the server to crash in your reply above (which you conveniently edited. So please stop changing your story. Anyway, I've taken the server offline, and I am placing hard limitations on TNT usage.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 23:16

eddd wrote:any idea when its coming back online? just asking.

After the "FUN TNT" is edited to be less chashy servery.

Thanks guys!! LOL.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Tue Jan 17, 2017 23:45

I'm having to rewrite the tnt mod because it is not reliable nor stable enough for real world use. Basically, It executes a blast sequence with multiple levels of recursion in addition to performing thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of redundant protection checks and other needlessly convoluted calculations, rather than a simple one-pass algorithm on a given blast radius. No wonder the server was crawling.

The latest revision of the tnt mod isn't much better. I only had to test it for five minutes in singleplayer mode to determine that it is not suitable for live server environment. Sorry, I will try to have everything back up and running later tonight.

BBmine

by BBmine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 00:11

Ok, so it's not my fault then :D. Maybe after you fix it, I can try 10,000 TNTs. Well, maybe not that much XD.
God's not dead!

eddd

by eddd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 00:33

who is writing these mods? just let SorceryKid rewrite minetest altogether :D

sorcerykid wrote:I'm having to rewrite the tnt mod because it is not reliable nor stable enough for real world use. Basically, It executes a blast sequence with multiple levels of recursion in addition to performing thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of redundant protection checks and other needlessly convoluted calculations, rather than a simple one-pass algorithm on a given blast radius. No wonder the server was crawling.

The latest revision of the tnt mod isn't much better. I only had to test it for five minutes in singleplayer mode to determine that it is not suitable for live server environment. Sorry, I will try to have everything back up and running later tonight.

BBmine

by BBmine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 02:00

eddd wrote:who is writing these mods? just let SorceryKid rewrite minetest altogether :D

sorcerykid wrote:I'm having to rewrite the tnt mod because it is not reliable nor stable enough for real world use. Basically, It executes a blast sequence with multiple levels of recursion in addition to performing thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of redundant protection checks and other needlessly convoluted calculations, rather than a simple one-pass algorithm on a given blast radius. No wonder the server was crawling.

It's part of minetest_game. If she rewrites minetest, what will she call it? SorceryTest? XD
God's not dead!

eddd

by eddd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 02:04

call it online once in a while :D

BBmine wrote:
eddd wrote:who is writing these mods? just let SorceryKid rewrite minetest altogether :D

It's part of minetest_game. If she rewrites minetest, what will she call it? SorceryTest? XD

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:24

Couldn't you just disable the TNT mod in the minetest.conf until you've tweaked the mod to your liking? Playing without TNT is much better than not playing at all.
I agree the TNT is hard on a server, as is expected since there is so much to consider. A quick edit that might help you is to check where voxelminip does the actual TNT node counting. Just set a hard limit as you described. If the count is higher than the hard limit... don't let it blow. This would also prevent players from using the abm to their advantage and igniting TNT with flowing lava.
For the record your server handles 99 TNT all day long without any noticeable ill affects.
Good Luck scorcerykid, and thanks for all the hard work :)
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:24

ExeterDad wrote:Couldn't you just disable the TNT mod in the minetest.conf until you've tweaked the mod to your liking? Playing without TNT is much better than not playing at all.
I agree the TNT is hard on a server, as is expected since there is so much to consider. A quick edit that might help you is to check where voxelminip does the actual TNT node counting. Just set a hard limit as you described. If the count is higher than the hard limit... don't let it blow. This would also prevent players from using the abm to their advantage and igniting TNT with flowing lava.
For the record your server handles 99 TNT all day long without any noticeable ill affects.

`Ditto!

Beast24

IRC: Beast24

by Beast24 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 16:23

So you are thinking about getting rid of TNT then or what
why is the server down or i cant find it

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:08

For the record my home Internet went down last night and didn't even come up until an hour ago, so I haven't even been able to get online. The server will be restarted in the next few minutes, hopefully.

BBmine

by BBmine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 18:12

ExeterDad wrote:Couldn't you just disable the TNT mod in the minetest.conf until you've tweaked the mod to your liking? Playing without TNT is much better than not playing at all.

I did 99 first, and the server handled it fine. The problem was jumping up from 99 to 502 XD.
God's not dead!

DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Wed Jan 18, 2017 20:34

I saw what happened sorcerykid, and I am sorry :( I heard that 500 tnt would not hurt the server. I'm sorry your having to do so much extra work because of this.

BBmine

by BBmine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 20:43

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:I saw what happened sorcerykid, and I am sorry :( I heard that 500 tnt would not hurt the server. I'm sorry your having to do so much extra work because of this.

*Baggins pats DVD on the shoulder.

It's ok, DVD, I don't think she's mad. Let's just do 99 TNTs next time.
God's not dead!

Beast24

by Beast24 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 20:51

so we can only do 99 tnt at a time now or what is the max

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 21:29

How about giving TNT a rest and wait for the answer and give sorcerykid a break. She works for free on this server, costs her time and resources.

So out of courtesy, do something else for now.

Beast24

by Beast24 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 15:28

maikerumine wrote:How about giving TNT a rest and wait for the answer and give sorcerykid a break. She works for free on this server, costs her time and resources.

So out of courtesy, do something else for now.

ok

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Jan 19, 2017 20:42

Sorcerykid said that she fixed it so that now you can blast off unlimited ammounts of TNT and the server won't care. XD YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<:D
God's not dead!

Beast24

by Beast24 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 17:33

BBmine wrote:Sorcerykid said that she fixed it so that now you can blast off unlimited ammounts of TNT and the server won't care. XD YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this true or a trick to get someone baned

Beast24

by Beast24 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 17:33

BBmine wrote:Sorcerykid said that she fixed it so that now you can blast off unlimited ammounts of TNT and the server won't care. XD YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true or is it a trick to get someone baned

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers