Settings in minetest.conf

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

Settings in minetest.conf

by BirgitLachner » Sun Oct 09, 2016 13:16

Hi everybody ...
I try to found out all about the minetest.conf. I found the page in the wiki, the example-file at github and a forum-thread where people show their minetest.conf-files (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10394).
But there are still some problems ...

1.) In the example-files there are a lot of settings concerning settings for key-bindings and video-settings (like leaved water). Are these setting important or can I delete it from the minetest.conf for an internet-server? I think that those settings are more user-related ... for older PC use less details and a more simple display type.

2.) I found differences between the examples at the forum (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10394) and the informations at the wiki and in the example-file.

One example:
# Give 1 axe_wood, 10 torches, 2 saplings, 5 apples. Edit mods/misc/give_initial_stuff.lua to change.
give_initial_stuff = true

I did not found any information about that. Is this a special mod "misc" oder selfmade code?

3.) Can I have different settings in minetest.conf for different worlds? Do I need to start the server with this additional "option"?
A custom path to a configuration file can be specified in command line using the option --config /path/to/minetest.conf.

Thanks for you help,
Birgit

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Settings in minetest.conf

by rubenwardy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 15:42

# Give 1 axe_wood, 10 torches, 2 saplings, 5 apples. Edit mods/misc/give_initial_stuff.lua to change.
give_initial_stuff = true

That's a minetest game setting not minetest engine setting. It is documented in games/minetest_game/minetest.conf.example

You set it the same way, it's just documented somewhere else

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

Re: Settings in minetest.conf

by BirgitLachner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 08:06

Okay, thanks for this information. I found the "give_initial_stuff".

And as far as I understand it correctly those settings should be added to the minetest.conf file at the folder of the "minetest"?

Return to Minetest Servers