[Experimental] Kazoo Land (formerly C.H.I.P. Land)

Worldblender

In-game: Worldblender

[Experimental] Kazoo Land (formerly C.H.I.P. Land)

by Worldblender » Tue Nov 15, 2016 05:46

Presenting the first server created completely by me:
Kazoo Land
It's (most prominently) a combination of Ethereal and the Dreambuilder collection, tuned to ensure that they work in harmony. The original name comes from the fact that it originally started out on a C.H.I.P., an ARM-based single board computer much like the Raspberry Pi family of computers. But as I have decided to transfer the server to my primary desktop computer due to the server taking long times to load, the original name no longer applies.
Very recently, I've just started setting up a personal file server running on a Debian-based distribution called OpenMediaVault. This is a smaller x86-based computer (it can hold only ITX-sized motherboards, Shuttle-branded) that I plan on keeping on for most of the time. So all the Minetest servers that I migrate to this computer can take advantage of better performance. This server will be one of them that will be migrated to it.
Essential information:
  • Mapgen v7 is used to generate the map.
  • Everything is based on top of minetest_game.
  • The server will be running in survival mode with damage enabled, in order to make use of the food items. I can change this behavior later on to either true creative mode with damage disabled or survival mode with damage disabled, if health becomes an issue in most players' building experience. Additionally since unified_inventory, I can offer the 'creative' privilege if a player does not want to spend time gathering materials from around the map.
  • There will be no mobs of any kind, so no fighting has to be done, so that players can focus on building.
  • Player-vs-Player (PVP) will be disabled on this server, but swords are still allowed so that they can be used to dig plants, leaves, and anything else that is snappy more quickly.
  • Some mods may be altered from their default settings. Once I declare the server to be in a more stable state, I will reveal a list of mods I have altered, along with what I changed for each. I may also share/make public these changes at some point, most likely when I declare this server stable enough in that I do not need to make big, significant changes so often.
  • For now, don't build anything too significant or change the map too much, because I may delete the map database in case if I need to change any mods that alter the mapgen.
  • The server may not always run 24/7. I live in the US Central Time Zone (GMT -6); expect that the server will usually run from 12:00 CST (sometimes a few hours earlier) to 00:00 CST (sometimes a few hours later). Since the server is running on my primary desktop computer, which is the one that I use for most of my other activities, it will share resources with whatever activities I do whenever the server is running. If the server crashes due to a mod error or if I shut it down myself, the server will be restarted by me manually.
Connection information:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
--> 45.21.218.32:30000 <--

Hardware and software specifications:
(removed until I finish migration)

Return to Minetest Servers