[Server] HOMETOWN

Kibbie

IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 13:54

HOMETOWN! Six weeks!

Before I write anything else, please just stop what you're doing and watch maikerumine's latest video. (Don't forget to give it a thumbs up and subscribe to maikerumine's channel if you haven't already done so!) We haven't taken an official poll, but we suspect Aidenminer is the cutest kiddo in the history of ever. Seriously, how cute is HE? Aiden, if your Dad shows you this forum post, I want you to know that dungeon masters make us freak out and scream too. *high fives*

HOMETOWN Server w/Aidenminer Pt. 1

This week has been another busy one for HOMETOWN staff and residents! ExeterDad hasn't been spotted very much because when he isn't working his real life job, he's been working on a custom inventory mod with some pretty cool bells and whistles. Just when I think he has it dialed in, he decides to add another bell or whistle and a whole new round of either cursing or celebration starts. Someday, our shiny new inventory mod will appear and our kids will see something other than the back of their father's head while his nose is in his laptop. (RIP good parenting)

What's New?

*PB&J Pups are here! Reward of 500 gold ingots to the first player to spot one on the server! Just FYI, we will have both Nyan and the pups, otherwise we will have a billion unknown nodes on the server (and nobody likes that). Also, the pups and their candy sprinkle tails are edible, but I STRONGLY advise against it. If you eat the tail, you just hear some barking, if you eat that peanut butter and jelly puppy head, you will hear a CRUNCH and a realistic HOWL - and those sounds will continue for several minutes afterwards, traumatizing children and sparking awkward conversations about how guinea pigs are NOT pets in Peru. 'Nuff said.

*The Easter Bunny has arrived and set up residence until Easter! He narrowly missed crushing poor little Gerald with his giant alien sugar egg house, thankfully Gerald managed to scoot his chubby little bunny butt forward and avoid certain death. From now until Easter we will randomly announce times when you can have your picture taken with the Easter Bunny and have your photo included in a weekly post. If you want to check out the Easter Bunny and try to get him to give out hints about the Easter egg hunt, you can climb into his egg and explore his humble home. If you want to whack him with your noob pick, well.... that's a risk you take, it's your Easter basket at stake, not mine. ;)

*You may not believe this, but the furniture store is OPEN for business! No, really... I'm not kidding. Check it out. :)

*Our residents don't know it yet, but a playable soccer field is built and ready to install on the server! Installation will happen either today or tomorrow, or whenever ExeterDad takes a break from his mad scientist stuff with the inventory mod.

Screenshots!

PB&J Pup found on the test/development HOMETOWN clone server. Just in case you haven't seen one yet, this is what you will find. They behave very much like Nyan, they are rare but you can find them -32 and under. Happy hunting!

Easter Bunny and his giant egg, dominating spawn.

The furniture store is located in the big yellow building, opposite Micah's Cafe, Sky_Fall_II's shop, and the pet store.

(Continued....)
Attachments
screenshot_20170328_204957.png
screenshot_20170328_204957.png (486.96 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
screenshot_20170331_082359.png
screenshot_20170331_082359.png (617.98 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
screenshot_20170329_201924.png
screenshot_20170329_201924.png (244.6 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
Last edited by Kibbie on Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." ~ JK Rowling

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 14:07

New soccer field! It will be located behind some of the downtown buildings, next to Fixerol's map building. There will be a ball on the field, available at all times. The soccer balls will not be found in inventory and are not craftable, but since they will not be diggable and the field is surrounded by fencing, our hope is we will not be replacing the soccer ball every 5 minutes. Walk up to the ball to dribble, shift to kick. TinedStarling looks forward to showing off her mad soccer skillz. :D

An outside view of my fantastic birthday present. (Thanks you guys! *sniffle*)

Inside view...from left to right. IMS_BULLDOGS, kiko, GoldenHart, IOKA, GreenDimond, ExeterDad, Sky_Fall_II, TinedStarling53, and micah. Our beloved team. <3 I love this build!!!

Thanks for looking, thanks for playing, thanks for being patient with me while waiting for that blasted @!#$! furniture store! Have a great weekend! :D

*Coming Soon*

*New inventory mod
*Soccer field installation
*Easter egg hunt on April 15th
Attachments
screenshot_20170331_081950.png
screenshot_20170331_081950.png (617.99 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
screenshot_20170331_081448.png
screenshot_20170331_081448.png (604.39 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
screenshot_20170330_171645.png
screenshot_20170330_171645.png (830.66 KiB) Viewed 4258 times

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Fri Mar 31, 2017 15:41

Kibbie wrote:HOMETOWN! Six weeks!

Before I write anything else, please just stop what you're doing and watch maikerumine's latest video. (Don't forget to give it a thumbs up and subscribe to maikerumine's channel if you haven't already done so!) We haven't taken an official poll, but we suspect Aidenminer is the cutest kiddo in the history of ever. Seriously. how cute is HE? Aiden, if your Dad shows you this forum post, I want you to know that dungeon masters make us freak out and scream too. *high fives*

HOMETOWN Server w/Aidenminer Pt. 1

(Continued....)

Awe!!! thanks Kibbie!!!!
I cannot wait to tel Aiden about the comment!!!!
Sorry for volume being way too loud egggah!

XtremeHacker

GitHub: XtremeHacker
In-game: XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 16:25

Hi, I was wanting to perhaps make some cool pets (I like blender modelling), so what mob mod does HOMETOWN use?
If you say that
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 21:45

XtremeHacker wrote:Hi, I was wanting to perhaps make some cool pets (I like blender modelling), so what mob mod does HOMETOWN use?

You have my respect, Blender is no small potatoes! :D

We have TenPlus1's mobs_redo on the server.

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:03

I'll just sneak these in right here...doot dee doo

Sorry ExeterDad, your dinner is going to be late, the kids and I have been glued to the big screen watching maikerumine's videos all afternoon. BOOM.

(TinedStarling may or may not have done a little squeal when maikerumine gave a shout out to the family. Maikerumine may have an issue on his hands because she thinks this whole video thing is prettttttty okie-dokie.)

Attachments
im-your-biggest-fan_o_1020423.jpg
im-your-biggest-fan_o_1020423.jpg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
Last edited by Kibbie on Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:23

Kibbie wrote:[Image]

Nope. That's not creepy at all. *sarcasm to the max*
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 22:32

GreenDimond wrote:
Kibbie wrote:[Image]

Nope. That's not creepy at all. *sarcasm to the max*

She's 10. She is allowed a certain amount of fangirl stuff. If she is still doing it when she's 30, we'll restrict her YouTube access and find her a hobby. :D

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 13:29

ExeterDad installed his new WIP customized inventory mod on the server last night! This new inventory mod is his solution for the collective desire to have a more sophisticated inventory mod, without resorting to using unified inventory (which is lovely, but tends to be laggy). Aside from the new buttons to set home and go home (eliminating the need for chat commands) the two most helpful features are a searchable inventory and skin preview.

With this many pages of items, a search feature was imperative.

This new skin preview feature eliminates the need to alter camera view while a player "tries on" skins in order to see the different skins available. Now players can easily see the entire skin selection. Players with a custom skin now have the option to "take off" their custom skin and choose another, and put their custom skin back on as they please. This is exciting for those of us who have had to wear the same outfit for the past 6 weeks, or risk losing it until it was assigned to us again!

This is a work in progress, and ExeterDad will be tweaking and doing some more customization, but I think it's already a wonderful and much needed feature for HOMETOWN. Thank you, ExeterDad!
Attachments
crafthud.png
crafthud.png (41.4 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
skinhud.png
skinhud.png (66.28 KiB) Viewed 4258 times

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

LaserJet

In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:30

I saw this server a few times in the serverlist but now that i see it is owned by exeterdad and kibbie i want to see this server more than ever

Previous

Return to Minetest Servers