[Server] HOMETOWN

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by BBmine » Sat Mar 04, 2017 00:41

I'll think about all that advice and "advice" while I try to make mods with blender.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

Cpt_mcg

GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 02:07

octacian wrote:I just joined this server for a few minutes today, and wow, it looks amazing! I may even record a few videos here, though I'm undecided :D

This place is huge!

It truly is XD
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Kibbie

IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 05:32

HOMETOWN is a two week old newborn today!

So many things happened this week, I don't know where to start. Two seasoned and talented Minetest players have been crazy....errrr, gracious enough to join our team, so we welcomed GoldenHart and GreenDimond as our shiny new Moderators this week! They have been busy trying to build while moderating chat and answering a million questions and requests, and amazingly enough they are able to keep up! We were even fortunate enough to talk the lovely Sorcerykid into joining our staff team if she ever has a few spare moments away from running JT2. :D

*NEW* this week:

*GoldenHart's PvP arena just off of Hampton Road, for people who enjoy some ambiance while killing. :D
    *GreenDimond's wood shop, featuring EVERY color of wood and fencing available, and I do mean EVERY.
    *ExeterDad's new TRASHMOUTH anti-curse mod (don't even think about saying the words "cucumber" or "basement" because it will find those hidden words within and boot you, PERVERT.)
    *TNT has been added!! Maximum allowed is 99, may be detonated below -500 nodes.
    *A new pet shop has opened, for all your BUNN-EH and KITT-EH needs.

We've had many notable visitors and familiar faces, lots of new builds and drama, more drama, and also........drama. Mornings are typically a little quiet with just a handful of players and chirping birds, but if you drop by in the evening make sure you are wearing your big girl pants because it's pretty lively!

Screenshots!

Latest map shot.....growing!

HALINA's gorgeous build

eddd's posh beach house (work in progress)

Attachments
eddd.png
eddd.png (561.07 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
HALINA.png
HALINA.png (803.25 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
mapshot-3-4-17.png
mapshot-3-4-17.png (892.04 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." ~ JK Rowling

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 05:46

GoldenHart's PvP Arena!

Sky_Fall_II's cutest little farm in HOMETOWN

kievski's unique gardens and landscaping

Thanks for looking, and for being part of the fun!

*COMING SOON*

Furniture store
*Possibly* some kind of teleportation for those who have expressed interest in creating large cities
Attachments
kievski.png
kievski.png (698.13 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
Sky_Fall_II.png
Sky_Fall_II.png (760.46 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
GoldenHartArena.png
GoldenHartArena.png (580.33 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 05:58

Almost forgot!

GreenDimond's epic wood store! (Epic because the poor guy had to figure out the item string for every single shade of wood available. Every. Single. Shade.)

I was trying to get a screenshot of the church to show a comparison with the actual building, but I had a couple of players who were photobombing. So what the heck, I just called in a few more players for a group selfie. :D

I never did get that comparison shot, but here's the real building anyway. Maybe some of our HOMETOWN citizens will recognize it. :)

Attachments
congregational.JPG
congregational.JPG (45.09 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
groupselfie.png
groupselfie.png (419.34 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
GreenDimondShop.png
GreenDimondShop.png (588.57 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

RealGoldenHart

IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Sat Mar 04, 2017 09:14

Thanks for showing off my build @Kibbie. You make me sound like an important player. HAPPY 2 WEEK BIRTHDAY HOMETOWN! :)
GoldenHart has entered the world. Fear the queer deer.

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Sat Mar 04, 2017 09:31

Glad to be a part of the team Kibbie, and thanks for the warm welcome :D

Hopefully, I'll be settled into HOMETOWN very soon. Thanks for the great server!

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 16:51

Kibbie wrote:I never did get that comparison shot, but here's the real building anyway. Maybe some of our HOMETOWN citizens will recognize it. :)

... been there. : )
Flick?... Flick who?

bigfoot547

GitHub: bigfoot547
In-game: bigfoot547

by bigfoot547 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 01:55

Hey ExeterDad! Would it be a good idea to get the morecommands mod for your server?
I would love to have made a mod that people use!
Thank you for considering!
God's not dead, He's surely alive!
My Stuff | My User Page | Check out my website!
<bigfoot547> I major in existing. | <RedPanda246> Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.
I, bigfoot, have this special ability to destroy cameras and recording devices within a 5 mile radius of myself. Mystery solved.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Thu Mar 09, 2017 00:30

One of the best spawns I've seen, very nice place, nice seed.

I have few suggestions:
+ instead of zcg crafting guide (60 pages without search, good luck) use this https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide (it is a book and a PC with crafting, that also has search and much easier to use).
+ kill message coordinates do not need that much numbers after point, you can format them to whole numbers :)
+ river at -131 x -200, ugly builds right on top of river, I have no idea why people build like that..

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 09, 2017 01:12

Fixerol wrote:+ instead of zcg crafting guide (60 pages without search, good luck) use this https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide (it is a book and a PC with crafting, that also has search and much easier to use).

I started using zcg craft guide instead of the PC one because I don't like for players to have to haul around a crafting guide. Is there any that I can use for Noob Academy that has search AND is in the inventory?

NOTE: Don't expect to be able to get on Noob Academy anytime soon because the motherboard on that server is dead.
God's not dead!

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 01:33

I've been having time to hang out here a bit more, and wow, getting to explore around more is awesome! I even used a screenshot of the spawn at night (which looks amazing, BTW), for my latest mod (SpawnPoint).

Disclaimer: I'm advertising my mod. jk, if I were I'd have put a link - not that it's that hard to find. On to what I really replied to this for.

When it comes to crafting guides, I personally think that craftguide is the best, though it does have places where it falls short. One of these such places is with technic. Since grinding and all that stuff isn't registered as "official" recipes, it is unable to display those. Personally I prefer the approach this mod uses, where you have to carry around a book. It adds a [i]bit[i] (but not too much) more challenge. Overall, it seems nicer and more fitting IMO.
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 09, 2017 01:44

octacian wrote:I've been having time to hang out here a bit more, and wow, getting to explore around more is awesome! I even used a screenshot of the spawn at night (which looks amazing, BTW), for my latest mod (SpawnPoint).

Disclaimer: I'm advertising my mod. jk, if I were I'd have put a link - not that it's that hard to find. On to what I really replied to this for.

When it comes to crafting guides, I personally think that craftguide is the best, though it does have places where it falls short. One of these such places is with technic. Since grinding and all that stuff isn't registered as "official" recipes, it is unable to display those. Personally I prefer the approach this mod uses, where you have to carry around a book. It adds a [i]bit[i] (but not too much) more challenge. Overall, it seems nicer and more fitting IMO.

Ok, I think I'll add craftguide back to my server and make that be a default item that people join with.
God's not dead!

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 04:39

Fixerol wrote:One of the best spawns I've seen, very nice place, nice seed.

Wow! That really means a lot! Thank you! We searched long and hard for that seed. We needed a river at or about 0,0,0. Lucky for us the river we ended up with was placed perfectly as it is in the town it's based off of. Well... with the exception that most of spawn was a jungle biome that I had to recreate. We also tweaked some settings to tame the mountains a bit.

Fixerol wrote:+ instead of zcg crafting guide (60 pages without search, good luck) use this https://github.com/minetest-mods/craftguide (it is a book and a PC with crafting, that also has search and much easier to use).
+ kill message coordinates do not need that much numbers after point, you can format them to whole numbers :)
+ river at -131 x -200, ugly builds right on top of river, I have no idea why people build like that..

I totally love the crafting book, and I love the search feature. However I'm not sure the book (or sign) are how I would like the craft guide implemented. My plans are to abandon inventory plus, and move towards sfinv. I plan on displaying jp's fine craftguide in a tab rather than in the book or sign. I already have simple_skins in sfinv tab, and will be setting up a tab for armor once I'm certain they have the bug fixed. Rubenwardy's Unified inventory clone is interesting as well. I'm just slow to put it all together as sfinv documention is sparse, and working examples even sparser.
About that build... well... we can't expect everyone to build like Kibbie now can we? Let's just hope we can figure out how to keep the builds pretty without hurting feelings.

And yes... you are right about the messy pos death spam. I've been meaning to adjust that.

octacian wrote:I've been having time to hang out here a bit more, and wow, getting to explore around more is awesome! I even used a screenshot of the spawn at night (which looks amazing, BTW), for my latest mod (SpawnPoint).

Yeah I about fell over when I saw your SpawnPoint mod posted and saw a very classy banner made from our spawn. Of course I showed Kibbie right away. We were all grins.
And you shouldn't feel funny about plugging your mods. Heck I'll post the link for you!
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16923

bigfoot547 wrote:Hey ExeterDad! Would it be a good idea to get the morecommands mod for your server?

I have toyed with the idea of installing your mod. But I would have to really do some editing to prevent conflicts with commands and such that I already have in place. I really want the vanishing command, but it's not skins friendly at all without some tweaking. I won't rule out installing your mod. I'm just in over my head for now with things that I want to fix or implement. Real life naturally decides to consume my time about the time we decide to launch a server lol
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

BBmine

by BBmine » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:29

ExeterDad wrote:My plans are to abandon inventory plus, and move towards sfinv. I plan on displaying jp's fine craftguide in a tab rather than in the book or sign. I already have simple_skins in sfinv tab, and will be setting up a tab for armor once I'm certain they have the bug fixed.

I think sfinv needs a lot of work done to it tho, cuz I tried to move off of inventory plus, but my skins, worldedit, craft guide, armor, and help buttons won't show up now :( Is there a setting I should change, or should I just go back to inventory plus?
God's not dead!

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Thu Mar 09, 2017 13:43

There is one thing that I dislike - protector_redo, it is pain to build with it and you also end up with those logos everywhere, areas or landrush/simple_protection can be viable alternative.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 14:02

Fixerol wrote:There is one thing that I dislike - protector_redo, it is pain to build with it and you also end up with those logos everywhere, areas or landrush/simple_protection can be viable alternative.

I completely agree. No arguments from us.
But... with the protection blocks. There's virtually zero help needed from "staff" when a less seasoned player wants to protect something. They just throw down a pro block and it's done. But yes... the glowing badges are indeed spammy. and no matter how good you hide them, they appear "out of place".
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Thu Mar 09, 2017 16:44

landrush is dead easy to use, you craft claim block and just put it down, it protects 16x16 cell from -100 to 200 iirc, that can be changed (same for simple_protection mod). Owner is shown in hud. You can check this mod on Fozland or Liberty Land.

XtremeHacker

GitHub: XtremeHacker
In-game: XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 17:11

Hi, I decided to join, and I'm just trying to find a nice spot for a house. :)
I have a skin, just wondering if it is OK (already converted for MT).

http://i.imgur.com/F9WvVQz.png?1
Yes, that is my Imgur account, it just seems someone already toke the nick "XtremeHacker", so I had to do "XtremeHacker8"
If you say that
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 13:46

XtremeHacker wrote:Hi, I decided to join, and I'm just trying to find a nice spot for a house. :)
I have a skin, just wondering if it is OK (already converted for MT).

http://i.imgur.com/F9WvVQz.png?1
Yes, that is my Imgur account, it just seems someone already toke the nick "XtremeHacker", so I had to do "XtremeHacker8"

Hey XtremeHacker, welcome! Your skin should be all set, as of last night's restart. :)

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 16:16

HOMETOWN is three weeks old!

What's new?

*Armor shop is now open, with options for even the thriftiest players.
    *eddd opened a "Dollar Tree" store downtown, where he mostly buys wood. (Get it? Dollar TREE) *rimshot*
    *Sky_Fall_II opened a new convenience store next to the pet shop, you can get a little bit of everything, except for two day old hot dogs in a steamer.
    *ExeterDad has been busy behind the scenes working on code for every dang thing. (Adjusting TNT, new inventory and craft guide, and I-don't-even-know-what)
    *Celeste and Jonny had birthdays this week and broke their teeth on ExeterDad's unfinished (and inedible) cake. Heh. We hope they had happy birthdays anyway! :D

I was unable to get a map shot this week because my laptop was being a brat and wouldn't load all the chunks, but when I'm on a REAL computer (hear that, laptop??) I will take one. However, I did manage *some* screenshots. It's all about the castles this week!

We have some ambitious builders!

IMS_BULLDOGS built this "tiny" sand castle by the sea. The turrets are covered with dirt for farming purposes, so cool!

teen's castle, truth's house, their pretty garden...and a PYRAMAZE! Seriously, the creativity...

saavedra's Nyan castle, impressive build!!

Thanks for looking, visiting the server, and for playing! Have a great weekend!

Coming soon!

Furniture store (Yes yes, I'll get to it, pinky swear. Y'all need to stop yabbering at me because that makes me yabber back and not get any work done)

:D
Attachments
saavedra.png
saavedra.png (807.02 KiB) Viewed 5965 times
truth_teen.png
truth_teen.png (999.85 KiB) Viewed 5965 times
ims_bulldogs.png
ims_bulldogs.png (672.69 KiB) Viewed 5965 times

Welcome to HOMETOWN!

BBmine

by BBmine » Fri Mar 10, 2017 16:21

I'm feeling sad. I want to explore those wonderful builds....
God's not dead!

stoneminer

GitHub: sm31
IRC: stoneminer
In-game: stoneminer

by stoneminer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 16:51

BBmine wrote:I'm feeling sad. I want to explore those wonderful builds....

Stop whining. You're permabanned, and that's the way it is. If it was a temporary ban, you would understand that you could always be unbanned and get on whenever you want, and probably do more damage, whether by accident or on purpose. But if you know you'll never be unbanned, you'll probably learn your lesson faster.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk tho...
GOD'S NOT DEAD! HE'S SURELY ALIVE!!! :D
Did you know that you can find me on YouTube, FanFiction, and FictionPress? Chances are, you didn't. Well, I am on there. My name is Sardhrantor.
I speak a little German, but not much. :[ (see below)
Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber nicht viel. :[ (siehe oben)

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Fri Mar 10, 2017 17:13

There are so many amazing builds to explore, and I've barely even had a chance to venture out of downtown! Dear heavens :D

Fixerol

by Fixerol » Fri Mar 10, 2017 19:02

Amount of protected land by eddd is huge, roughly half of city perimeter already taken.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 19:37

Fixerol wrote:Amount of protected land by eddd is huge, roughly half of city perimeter already taken.

eddd has visions of being a realtor. He claims he is protecting around spawn to only allow high quality builds in the area.
eddd is eddd... so only time will tell what is going on there. But.... squatting is not allowed as written in the rules. So he should be careful (and fast) with his vested efforts as those pro blocks are no match for a SuperPick. :P
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

bigfoot547

GitHub: bigfoot547
In-game: bigfoot547

by bigfoot547 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 22:03

ExeterDad wrote:
bigfoot547 wrote:Hey ExeterDad! Would it be a good idea to get the morecommands mod for your server?

I have toyed with the idea of installing your mod. But I would have to really do some editing to prevent conflicts with commands and such that I already have in place. I really want the vanishing command, but it's not skins friendly at all without some tweaking. I won't rule out installing your mod. I'm just in over my head for now with things that I want to fix or implement. Real life naturally decides to consume my time about the time we decide to launch a server lol

I would be able to help when it comes to compatability with the skins mod and armor mod, and if you want to, you can reply with a list of conflicting commands and I can remove them in the code.
Please tell me what skins mod you use so I can make compatability.
Thank you for considering my mod!
God's not dead, He's surely alive!
My Stuff | My User Page | Check out my website!
<bigfoot547> I major in existing. | <RedPanda246> Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.
I, bigfoot, have this special ability to destroy cameras and recording devices within a 5 mile radius of myself. Mystery solved.

Cpt_mcg

GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 07:50

Is it okay for people getting 'married' in-game? Joined at a weird time and 2 people were getting 'married'...
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Mon Mar 13, 2017 14:50

Cpt_mcg wrote:Is it okay for people getting 'married' in-game? Joined at a weird time and 2 people were getting 'married'...

Supposedly (not confirmed), dating is not allowed. Which includes...^this^.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

BBmine

by BBmine » Mon Mar 13, 2017 15:41

stoneminer wrote:
BBmine wrote:I'm feeling sad. I want to explore those wonderful builds....

Stop whining. You're permabanned, and that's the way it is. If it was a temporary ban, you would understand that you could always be unbanned and get on whenever you want, and probably do more damage, whether by accident or on purpose. But if you know you'll never be unbanned, you'll probably learn your lesson faster.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk tho...

But you're banned too, so you can't play either.
God's not dead!

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers