ANNOUNCE: "THE VALLEYS" Server

redblade7

IRC: redblade7 redblade bleakfire
In-game: redblade7

ANNOUNCE: "THE VALLEYS" Server

by redblade7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 07:42

A few days ago started a new server, "THE VALLEYS".

Name: THE VALLEYS
IP: 45.33.65.68
Port: 54000

OpenNIC: thevalleys.dyn, port 54000
Namecoin: thevalleys.bit, port 54000

(Yes, that is the same port on the VPS I used for my previous failed attempt at a second server, The Shootout, a few months ago. If The Shootout is still in your favorites, it will be replaced by The Valleys.)

It is a sandbox server, inspired by Anarchist Vanilla Server, except it's not entirely vanilla and not entirely anarchist.

While I initially intended it to be a vanilla server, I got bored and added more stuff to it. Don't worry, it will not have as much as The Creative Gardens does, and lacks the plantlife, moretrees, and tiny trees mods which make Creative Gardens beautiful but slow for mobile users. For this reason users get 'fast' privileges by default on The Valleys, which is not granted on The Creative Gardens.

It is a sandbox server, but has the anti-lava dumping mod, and fire and tnt are disabled. Obvious griefing (like pit griefing, water dumping, and misuse of the streams) are still prohibited. The "spawn pit" and "spawn building" are obviously protected.

There is damage on the server, but no PvP.

The Valleys is so named because it uses the rarely-found valleys mapgen.

Mods which are used include homedecor_modpack, signs_lib, boost_cart, coloredwood, farming redo, unifieddyes, moreblocks and moreores, as well as the standard admin stuff. unified_inventory_lite is also used.

The standard animals mobs are also included, these provide food for health and a lot less work when you need wool.

It offers the same commands as Creative Gardens: /spawn (into Spawn Pit), /teleport, /sethome, and /home

The rules are the same as Creative Gardens:

Rule #1: Be nice
Rule #2: No hacking
Rule #3: No griefing
Rule #4: No impersonation
Rule #5: No bugging
Rule #6: No simulation of sexual acts
Rule #7: No sexual advances
Rule #8: No recruiting for discussions outside of Minetest (IM, Skype, etc). Public IRC channels are OK.

No screenshots will be posted, due to it being a sandbox server.

Have fun and let me know what you think!
-redblade7
Admin of:

* THE CREATIVE GARDENS (Creative Mode server)
* THE VALLEYS (Sandbox Server)
* THE DIGITAL FARMS (Pizza-like server with protection and emphasis on farming)

Return to Minetest Servers