Redcrab's server

durtective6

In-game: derplez

by durtective6 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17

can i have privs plz my in game name is durtective

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Thu Jan 03, 2013 16:29

durtective6 wrote:can i have privs plz my in game name is durtective

This is done in game using the /setemail command, you don't have to ask here.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Thu Jan 03, 2013 17:49

MisterBananas wrote:
durtective6 wrote:can i have privs plz my in game name is durtective

This is done in game using the /setemail command, you don't have to ask here.

Read 1st post http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1705
Nope

Leroy

by Leroy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 18:14

cactuz_pl wrote:Alien eggs...

AKA The hand things.
UBUNTU BRO!

Neuro

by Neuro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 18:33

cactuz_pl wrote:Decided, from now on be the "No mercy law".

Basics:
From now, every confirmed greif will be punish by ban.

Excuses such as:
- "Someone hack into my account and greifed."
- "My friend greifed played using my account."
Will not be taken into account.

You are responsible for your own accounts. Keep your passwords safe, don't share them. If someone greif using your account that's only your fault and your account will be banned for that.

hold you horses cactuz, razor's race track was protected, what did you get from that "Greif"
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 20:49

Melkor wrote:hands!, something similar happened to me some versions ago, while was throwing things into the void at -300000 just for fun
hands! hands everywere! :|

What is it like at the Void? I need to know if I'll fall into it or not, when I'm working on my base there.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:04

SegFault22 wrote:
Melkor wrote:hands!, something similar happened to me some versions ago, while was throwing things into the void at -300000 just for fun
hands! hands everywere! :|

What is it like at the Void? I need to know if I'll fall into it or not, when I'm working on my base there.

You should know that the Void is empty
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:42

I advise against digging to the very bottom of the map, for doing so could make the server's map much larger in size and trigger the mapgen bug. You don't want that to happen.
Last edited by Inocudom on Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:08

Mkay, I need the whole area from -2000,-31000,5000 to 2000,31000,3500 protected under my name. (name = Max ingame)
Reason: this is the current Archadian Empire Charter. Let me know if it interferes with someone else's land, I will change the border if protected areas are in the way.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 05:07, edited 1 time in total.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:16

For what my 5 cents are worth, I think that 4000x1500 area is just too big to be granted and will not realistically be ever used. In my opinion, it is an abuse of node protection for selfish reasons.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:26

Cumehtar wrote:For what my 5 cents are worth, I think that 4000x1500 area is just too big to be granted and will not realistically be ever used. In my opinion, it is an abuse of node protection for selfish reasons.

I don't want griefers like you tearing up my cities or tree farms. I will build massive tree-plantations out of the land, and build cities on some of it. As people come to my cities to live there, they can be paid good money to work in those tree-farms and mineshafts, and building stuff too. And when the resources in one area are all exhausted, I will request another area to be used for mining.
Eventually, it will all be used for something. You can count on that.
And if you still think it's too much - then it's too much for someone to be granted a chunk of land from 31000 to -31000 for just a simple house or mineshaft, and all of the areas that don't use 75% of their area will have to be revoked, to be fair.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:32

SegFault22 wrote:
Cumehtar wrote:For what my 5 cents are worth, I think that 4000x1500 area is just too big to be granted and will not realistically be ever used. In my opinion, it is an abuse of node protection for selfish reasons.

I don't want griefers like you tearing up my cities or tree farms. I will build massive tree-plantations out of the land, and build cities on some of it. As people come to my cities to live there, they can be paid good money to work in those tree-farms and mineshafts, and building stuff too. And when the resources in one area are all exhausted, I will request another area to be used for mining.
And if you still think it's too much - then it's too much for someone to be granted a chunk of land from 31000 to -31000 for just a simple house or mineshaft, and all of the areas that don't use 75% of their area will have to be revoked, to be fair.

It might be fair if you had more than just you working there like giving more co-ownership so more gets done faster

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:34

Chinchow wrote:
SegFault22 wrote:

It might be fair if you had more than just you working there like giving more co-ownership so more gets done faster

I will add co-ownership as people join the empire. My brother is coming to the server soon, so he will co-own part of Glue City and it's tree farm(s).

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:36

I mean like a lot of workers to build your empire

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:45

Chinchow wrote:I mean like a lot of workers to build your empire

Yes, it will take a lot of people. And that's why lots in Glue City are free! We may even help you build your house, for FREE! Not to mention the nodeprotection coming soon, then it will be even safer of a place to live.

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 23:46

SegFault22 wrote:I don't want griefers like you...

It's a pretty serious accusation. Do you have something to back it up?

And there's a significant difference between granting a 2000x2000 chunk on land and 62000 high column, if we think about it. The second variant gives people a space to mine for their resources and even if they won't dig that deep, few other people would ever do that too. On the other hand, having a 4000 wide 'empire' just 3500 blocks far from spawn seems a bit disbalanced to me.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:01

Cumehtar wrote:And there's a significant difference between granting a 2000x2000 chunk on land and 62000 high column, if we think about it. The second variant gives people a space to mine for their resources and even if they won't dig that deep, few other people would ever do that too. On the other hand, having a 4000 wide 'empire' just 3500 blocks far from spawn seems a bit disbalanced to me.

That is your opinion. I can have an empire as big as I want, as long as nobody has already protected land inside my area. This also means, that you should not do anything in that area, or protect any of the area, until we have word of if it will be granted or not.
Besides, it's not against any rules to own a large plot of land, is it?

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:13

SegFault22 wrote:Besides, it's not against any rules to own a large plot of land, is it?

So far this server had run on common sense more then on codified rules. Common sense tells us that unless stated otherwise, land on Redcrab's server is public property. You want to claim quite a big chunk of it with no real proof you will put it to good use other then your words.

I plainly do not believe you need a place that big. 1000x1000 is big enough, but I could imagine you managing to build several towns to cover it. 4000x2500 is plainly too big for one player.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:25

Cumehtar if SegFault came to you with a list of names with at least 7 would you be happy? I know it isnt your decision but cactuz_pl would be more likely to do this if more people would use the area

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:38

Chinchow wrote:Cumehtar if SegFault came to you with a list of names with at least 7 would you be happy? I know it isnt your decision but cactuz_pl would be more likely to do this if more people would use the area

Not unless all areas are removed and then re-added based on this rule.

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:41

Obviously I am partly annoyed at exactly how Max/SegFault had announced forming his "Empire" on the server. In the words like 'you all should stay south of the demarkation line at 3500, if you cross it, you will be banned under new 'no mercy' rules'.
Only it was done with more caps and more agressively.
Yet still, it seems to me that the area he wants to claim is too big even for seven players. In my opinion, node protection is more for protecting the structures you have built, not for saving up territory for later.
Maybe there are other people behind that project that are reasonable, but Max had sounded like a child announcing himself an undisputed ruler of a sandbox in a public yard.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 00:58

Cumehtar wrote:Obviously I am partly annoyed at exactly how Max/SegFault had announced forming his "Empire" on the server. In the words like 'you all should stay south of the demarkation line at 3500, if you cross it, you will be banned under new 'no mercy' rules'.

I did not say it wasn't okay to go there. It's just not okay to modify anything within the chartered region, as that is ''griefing''. And do not attempt to start a flamewar by proclaiming your childish beliefs about how imperialism is somehow ''bad'', you will be banned from the forum for doing so.
On a different subject, the lag on the server is so bad that I can't even get my brother's account set up. He can't teleport to his home that is set, nor can he place/mine blocks or use doors.

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 01:17

SegFault22 wrote:I did not say it wasn't okay to go there. It's just not okay to modify anything within the chartered region, as that is ''griefing''. And do not attempt to start a flamewar by proclaiming your childish beliefs about how imperialism is somehow ''bad'', you will be banned from the forum for doing so.
On a different subject, the lag on the server is so bad that I can't even get my brother's account set up. He can't teleport to his home that is set, nor can he place/mine blocks or use doors.

I do not start flame war. I do not speak of an irrelevant topic. I speak only and precisely about the situation on the minetest server. You claimed a huge area and started waving the ban threat at once. I consider that area too big and your behaviour the misuse of node protection privilege.
And again you are very liberal with both insults and ban threats.

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 04:11

Cactuz_PL, said that it is okay for people to follow you throughout the server, they can watch you whenever they feel like it.
It doesn't matter if you want privacy. It's a public server. If you want privacy do a single-player game.

I do believe that is what he told me. Cactuz if I am wrong, please say so.

In other words, people can follow you if they want, they can go wherever they want. There is no way (Without breaking the rules) to keep players away from you, if they want to go near you.
People will not get banned from just following you, or watching you.

Here are the rules (As I understand them):
1. No Griefing

2. No killing other players. Unless they agree to fight.

3. Do not spam.

4. Be nice and kind to others with your language.

Those are the rules I believe should be put into the first post by redcrab.

If You get griefed take screenshots (By pressing F12, they will be saved automatically in your Bin folder inside your minetest folder) then post them on the forums. Do not touch the griefed area at all, cactuz_PL or redcrab will check who did it with rollback_check, then they will ban and rollback (Undo everything they griefed) the griefer.

And if someone is using bad language a lot, take a screen shot and post it here on the forums.

Here is some advice for when taking screenshots: Put the game into the windowed mode, if it is in full-screen the words will be very small, but in windowed mode, they will be pretty clear!

Also, if you're wondering how to post pictures sign up at photobucket here: https://secure-beta.photobucket.com/register

Upload the photos, then go into them. And copy the "img code" then paste into the "Reply box at the bottom of the page. Then post it, and that's it!

Um that is all I have to say now :-)
Sorry for this huge post :D
Also I am sorry for misspelled words and bad grammar!

~~ David
Last edited by davidpace on Fri Jan 04, 2013 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Oblivion1500

by Oblivion1500 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 04:45

I also thing thats a little bit too much land for even 7 people i think maybe a 1000 x 1000 amount of land would be good at first and expand from there.. that would be using a big chunk that wouldent be necessary
Behold ME!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 05:11

Okay, I have a solution.
To make this ''fair'', since it's such a large plot, I will give a large amount of rare resources to the moderators, as a form of ''payment'' for getting to control such a large area. It's not like they need the resources, they can just /give themselves stuff, yes. But since I have so much of it, and due to it's high value, I will allow it to be subtracted from my storage, so that I may have the land.

Amount I will pay for the protecting of the area: 8 stacks of MESE
Area requested to protect: -2000,-31000,5000 to 2000,31000,3500
In-game name: Max

Thank you.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 05:54

Uhh, I don't think "Payment" will help you here.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Neuro

by Neuro » Fri Jan 04, 2013 06:19

SegFault22 wrote:Okay, I have a solution.
To make this ''fair'', since it's such a large plot, I will give a large amount of rare resources to the moderators, as a form of ''payment'' for getting to control such a large area. It's not like they need the resources, they can just /give themselves stuff, yes. But since I have so much of it, and due to it's high value, I will allow it to be subtracted from my storage, so that I may have the land.

Thank you.

they arent gonna take payment and i dont think cactuz has that priv, plus knowing him he wont grant that large of an area maybe over time but not in one go
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 06:36

Neuro wrote:
SegFault22 wrote:Okay, I have a solution.

Thank you.

they arent gonna take payment and i dont think cactuz has that priv, plus knowing him he wont grant that large of an area maybe over time but not in one go

It's not really ''payment'', it's that I give one thing up to be able to get something else. As in, trading one thing I have worked hard for, to get something of equal or lesser value to my work. So, in essence, one would work hard to get to own a larger plot of land. Does it make sense now, that this is not a bribe?

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:23

Well, how about we stop arguing now. And wait for cactuz's response.

Cactuz, what do you say?

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers