Redcrab's server

wieszak

by wieszak » Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:39

Also against such big chunks of land. I'm absolutely sure that for month maybe two you all be bored, never login again but whole land is taken and no one could even build road thru it. And if you say that it will not happen, you are too optimistic. I already could point few such areas.

Start with protecting land for capitol city with say max 500x500, and will see how it 'empire' wil growth.

And 8 stacks of mese if no payment at all. I could give you 16stacks of mese to forget whole idea - deal :-) ?
Last edited by wieszak on Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:40

+1
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:54

Neuro wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:Decided, from now on be the "No mercy law".

Basics:
From now, every confirmed greif will be punish by ban.

Excuses such as:
- "Someone hack into my account and greifed."
- "My friend greifed played using my account."
Will not be taken into account.

You are responsible for your own accounts. Keep your passwords safe, don't share them. If someone greif using your account that's only your fault and your account will be banned for that.

hold you horses cactuz, razor's race track was protected, what did you get from that "Greif"

Razor's wasn't protected, greif was before rollback.
Nope

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:56

wieszak wrote:Also against such big chunks of land. I'm absolutely sure that for month maybe two you all be bored, never login again but whole land is taken and no one could even build road thru it. And if you say that it will not happen, you are too optimistic. I already could point few such areas.

Start with protecting land for capitol city with say max 500x500, and will see how it 'empire' wil growth.

And 8 stacks of mese if no payment at all. I could give you 16stacks of mese to forget whole idea - deal :-) ?

No, I just can't do that. You see, there are a lot of creeps on the server who will rush to protect little 10x10 areas within the chartered region if it is not protected ASAP, just to make problems happen when we do expand beyond that little 500x500 crumb you say is ''enough'' for an empire.
Also, since a lot of resources will be needed to build the infrastructure of my empire, and the cities, we will need lots of land to build tree farms on and to make mass quarries.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 09:10

I agree with Cuehtar, David, Neuro and Wieszak.

Anyone can walk anywhere.

I would not protect such big and empty area. As Wieszak said: start with smaller area. If you still have nothing to protect I will give you 400x400 max.
When you fill this area I will extend it.

Bribe do not make things happen here, I do not care for rare materials.

I'm waiting for your new coordinates.
Nope

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 09:12

SegFault22 wrote:(...)I don't want griefers like you tearing up my cities or tree farms. (...)

So you call cume a griefer?

SegFault22 wrote:To make this ''fair'', since it's such a large plot, I will give a large amount of rare resources to the moderators, as a form of ''payment'' for getting to control such a large area

You call THAT fair?!

SegFault22 wrote:Area requested to protect: -2000,-31000,5000 to 2000,31000,3500

4000x62000x1500?! I'm against such a big owned area! I fully agree with wieszak:

wieszak wrote: I'm absolutely sure that for month maybe two you all be bored, never login again but whole land is taken and no one could even build road thru it

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 09:21

Redcrab, if you are seeing this. Please if you agree with these rules. Please, Please add them to the first post by you.:
1. No Griefing

2. No killing other players. Unless they agree to fight.

3. Do not spam.

4. Be nice and kind to others with your language.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 09:31

SegFault22 wrote:No, I just can't do that. You see, there are a lot of creeps on the server who will rush to protect little 10x10 areas within the chartered region if it is not protected ASAP, just to make problems happen when we do expand beyond that little 500x500 crumb you say is ''enough'' for an empire.
Also, since a lot of resources will be needed to build the infrastructure of my empire, and the cities, we will need lots of land to build tree farms on and to make mass quarries.

Who said 500x500 is enough for "empire"? We are saying that it is good for start. Unless you want to build whole 4000x1500 in one day. I doubt you can fill 400x400 in 3 days (no one can).

"Rome was not built in a day." and "Look before you leap."
Nope

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 09:39

Martin, where are you? Don't forget that you have to finish your hotel in DC until 20th January! :)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:35

Fine. I guess such a large area is too big.
Instead, I request this area:
from -50,-31000,4100 to 600,31000,3500 (a 650x600 area, not too much, and it covers both the Capital City and the Mining outpost)
Thank you.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:41

ALSO, two of my trees are missing near the South Gate of Glue City. This is griefing and will NOT be tolerated in my empire. Please try to find who's responsible, and punish them. Here's a screenshot of one of them:
Coordinates:
65,3,3812 & 59,3,3804
Someone dug default:tree at both of those coordinates.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 19:33

Well.... You will have to "Tolerate" griefing until cactuz bans the griefers :-), but even then. More griefers will come along!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 20:04

davidpace wrote:Well.... You will have to "Tolerate" griefing until cactuz bans the griefers :-), but even then. More griefers will come along!

I guess you're right. Walp, I'll re-plant the saplings.
Note to server moderator/admin: please do not attempt to rollback the griefer's actions on the trees, I replanted them already.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 20:29

I can't connect to the server. Keeps saying ''Connecting to server... (press Escape to cancel)''
Is anyone else experiencing issues?
EDIT: it's just the daily lag. Nevermind.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 21:35

You can't really grief trees.. You can't claim them unless they are a part of your construction's design and hold a key part to it. Have you put a sign up of some sort to say, "This is my tree Garden, please leave alone" or something or other? In this server, because of it's huge popularity, and the density of houses/constructions most trees fall under a protection area, some trees are unavailable to chop. And if it does fall under a key part to your construction, then ok, that's griefing.

And to the person who chopped this tree down, if you come to my house (Found next to the Weekend houses, a church and Josh's house, there is a huge forest which I re-plant daily there.. Take all you want.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 21:50

Obiewan1111 wrote:You can't really grief trees.. You can't claim them unless they are a part of your construction's design and hold a key part to it. Have you put a sign up of some sort to say, "This is my tree Garden, please leave alone" or something or other? In this server, because of it's huge popularity, and the density of houses/constructions most trees fall under a protection area, some trees are unavailable to chop. And if it does fall under a key part to your construction, then ok, that's griefing.

And to the person who chopped this tree down, if you come to my house (Found next to the Weekend houses, a church and Josh's house, there is a huge forest which I re-plant daily there.. Take all you want.

These two trees were clearly part of the decoration around the South Gate of Glue City, as the trees were in a perfect triangle shape around the road. Thus, it is griefing, and I want to know who did this.

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Jan 04, 2013 22:09

I do consider it griefing if it was griefed that far away from spawn. I mean, there is no excuse that you could've grabbed some trees from somewhere else, I mean.. There isn't TONS of land owned that far out.

aldobr

by aldobr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 22:26

I usually regard natural resources as not being grief.

As long as its not on a protected area and were not placed by someone else.

If the tree grew naturally, its not grief. Else it is.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 22:54

aldobr wrote:I usually regard natural resources as not being grief.

Care to read my post? I allow people to come, take apples and wood from my home made forest, which isn't griefing. And are you high, there is no way to grief protected areas, are you serious?
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

aldobr

by aldobr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 23:54

Obiewan, i would answer your post in a lot of ways, but i will give the most correct answer :

I am not talking to you nor i expect you to judge the validity of my posts.

Thank you for the interest.

Neuro

by Neuro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 00:19

if the tree wasnt protected its your own fault if it was then its greif, trees are trees they're everywhere
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 04:37

Well those trees did not grow there naturally, I planted them and they grew with the help of torchlight. That is not natural, so it is griefing.
Although it isn't that big of a damage, it's they symbol that counts. I grew those trees as a decoration of my Empire, to make it look better, and someone waltzes along and defecates on it. That's just wrong on so many levels, and since I had to replant those trees, it is griefing.
By now, I don't really care about punishment, I just want someone to read the logs and tell me who it was.
davidpace wrote:I do consider it griefing if it was griefed that far away from spawn. I mean, there is no excuse that you could've grabbed some trees from somewhere else, I mean.. There isn't TONS of land owned that far out.

This dude, is correct. There were plenty of other trees in the area, someone could have cut any of those and leave my trees alone. My trees are my trees, and I will not tolerate any griefing. Now I do seek punishment for the person who is responsible!
Last edited by SegFault22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

Neuro

by Neuro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 05:48

SegFault22 wrote:

Well those trees did not grow there naturally, I planted them and they grew with the help of torchlight. That is not natural, so it is griefing.
Although it isn't that big of a damage, it's they symbol that counts. I grew those trees as a decoration of my Empire, to make it look better, and someone waltzes along and defecates on it. That's just wrong on so many levels, and since I had to replant those trees, it is griefing.
By now, I don't really care about punishment, I just want someone to read the logs and tell me who it was.
davidpace wrote:I do consider it griefing if it was griefed that far away from spawn. I mean, there is no excuse that you could've grabbed some trees from somewhere else, I mean.. There isn't TONS of land owned that far out.

This dude, is correct. There were plenty of other trees in the area, someone could have cut any of those and leave my trees alone. My trees are my trees, and I will not tolerate any griefing. Now I do seek punishment for the person who is responsible!

not gonna happen now that you replanted, cactuz cant read who did it cuz you planted a new one.

davidpace

by davidpace » Sat Jan 05, 2013 06:22

Neuro is right..

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 06:34

Neuro wrote:
SegFault22 wrote:

not gonna happen now that you replanted, cactuz cant read who did it cuz you planted a new one.

In the logs somewhere, there is still a line showing where the default:tree block was removed from one location, and another line for the other. And after that, there are two lines showing where I placed default:sapling at those two places. Saplings do not overwrite the log files, so you are not correct. Anyone with access to the files can see who has done anything at any time of any day for as far back as the logs go.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 06:35, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Sat Jan 05, 2013 07:26

*Sigh* You miss our point. Cactuz_PL does not have access to those logs.
Only RedCrab Does, And he has not been on lately (As far as I know).
So nobody can check those logs and figure it out. And I think the logs reset or something.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Sat Jan 05, 2013 07:55

1. I can check who was LAST editor.
2. Damages in unprotected areas are greifs too.
3. It was just 2 trees, even if I found out who did it, he/she would not be banned, unless he/she do something again.
4. Now your area is protected.
Nope

Neuro

by Neuro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 16:39

i dont know if this is greif or was there after it was hit with the mapgen but this is jons castle in lemoux, if it wasnt greif and just mapgen i never noticed it before

Leroy

by Leroy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 22:00

Neuro wrote:Image

i dont know if this is greif or was there after it was hit with the mapgen but this is jons castle in lemoux, if it wasnt greif and just mapgen i never noticed it before

Isn't Jon's castle protected?
UBUNTU BRO!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 06:08

Someone has griefed Payne's Nightclub in Durmia. Someone dropped off some stuff at my brother's place, and the stuff looks a lot like what was in the place. The person who did this is probably trying to frame my brother by dumping the stuff there. However - my brother will be more than happy to give the stuff back to Payne, to rebuild it.
Here's a screenshot:
EDIT: it was Username TheRedNeck who actually did this (my brother). He does tend to lie alot, even when it's obvious what the truth is...
Last edited by SegFault22 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers