In-game: mahfoud

Re: Illustrated Server Creation Guide

by mahfoud x » Tue Jul 14, 2015 23:05

wow :-o

Daedric

In-game: LoLa

by Daedric » Thu Jun 16, 2016 04:41

How can I change my IP from dynamic to static ?

KzoneDD

by KzoneDD » Sun Jul 17, 2016 13:05

Daedric: you can either do a complicated setup on your computer that depends on OS/version to explain, or you can log into your router where you also do the port forewarding, there's usually something like 'DNS' where you can tick 'always assign the same ip to this client' ...

Your IP as seen from the outside is handled by your internet provider. If it's not static, your only option is to change plan or provider.

FicsrealZ

by FicsrealZ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 14:28

Кто починит? / Who will repair?

Jesseman1

In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 14:51

I tried the port forwarding method, but their website has no guides for Linux computers or the Minetest game. I think I managed to do the port forwarding anyway after looking at a dozen vague instructions, but my server still isn't showing up on the public server list, please help me!

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:58

I installed minetest-server (0.4.14) package from linux repository. Where is the folders: "mods", "games", "worlds" and minetest.conf???? In user directory are only empty .minetest folder. I find nothing in wiki about this.
EDIT: After first run was created /home/user/.minetest/worlds/. I find another folders by running minetest and then minetestserver --info. Most folders are in /usr/share/games/minetest. I think this need add to wiki.

WhiteOwl

IRC: WhiteOwl
In-game: WhiteOwl

by WhiteOwl » Thu Jan 19, 2017 05:52

JUST GO TO minetesthosting.com sign up for the free plan or any paid plans "free plan does not require credit card info." then go to my worlds tab then create a world. make name, default privs, its self explanatory really. then BAMMMM!!!!! YOU HAVE A SERVER!!!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU NEED IS EMAIL AND CREATE A PASSWORD DONE. AND NO NEED TO KEEP YOUR COMPUTER RUNNING THE SERVER IS RAN BY THE SITE. LOG IN ANYWHERE ANYTIME TO CHECK ON YOUR SERVER. DO COMMANDS, BAN, KICK AND ALL THE GOOD STUFF. ALSO PLAY IT FROM ANY MINETEST CLIENT. ITS LIKE A SERVER CREATION FOR DUMMIES:D i tried it out and it works good. but i do perfer getting at least the $5 plan if your going to use their site. otherwise you just have basic mods on it. and their wont be any mods to use to protect things like your spawn town buildings.....so.....$5 plan recommended. but you can always just use the free one. GOOD LUCK.

Milan*

GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

by Milan* » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13

Or just don't go to a hoster which is overpriced and don't let you control your mods and so on...

Previous

Return to Minetest Servers