Timeout Problem

keyxmakerx

Timeout Problem

by keyxmakerx » Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:56

Sorry to bother everyone, but I having been hosting a server for awhile and decided to add more mods to the game. But now hardly anyone is able to connect due to timeout. Is there any fix for this? I am using version 4.5

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Tue Apr 09, 2013 01:47

keyxmakerx wrote:Sorry to bother everyone, but I having been hosting a server for awhile and decided to add more mods to the game. But now hardly anyone is able to connect due to timeout. Is there any fix for this? I am using version 4.5

First step: quit using a Minetest version that doesn't exist. There is no 4.5.
Second step: Install version 0.4.6, it's faster than previous versions, so there may be less time outs.

Cheesus

by Cheesus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 04:53

What he means is 0.4.5. Ive just joined your server, and it seems perfectly fine. If youre planning to update to 0.4.6, i suggest you save the server map first. Try posting a server thread about your server. That will increase the popularity. Also, I don't prefer you adding more mods, but thats up to you.

*Note: Please save the server map because I spent most of my time in your server. :)

Cheers,
Cheesus

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Sat Apr 13, 2013 21:28

0gb.us wrote:
keyxmakerx wrote:Sorry to bother everyone, but I having been hosting a server for awhile and decided to add more mods to the game. But now hardly anyone is able to connect due to timeout. Is there any fix for this? I am using version 4.5

First step: quit using a Minetest version that doesn't exist. There is no 4.5.
Second step: Install version 0.4.6, it's faster than previous versions, so there may be less time outs.

I did as you said. I tried it on multiple computers, and also without many mods. But some mods I need. And even at a current of 10 mods installed. I still get that problem. Is there anyway to kill the time out? P.S. I also kept getting odd crashes that would happen sometimes. Some from mods, and some from no reason at all? Anyinformation on that?

Also I am going to post my server up on the fourms. Due to me restarting from scratch with no avail. Just to see it there was any change at all.

Return to Minetest Servers