[0.4.14] LinuxGaming2 - A Server for Builders

LazyJ

[0.4.14] LinuxGaming2 - A Server for Builders

by LazyJ » Sat Apr 20, 2013 21:52

~ "Disney Center" by prim ~

Howdy ;)

Before getting into the details of Minetest server, here is a link list highlighting builds in our Minetest world.

Featured Builds
These are links to screenshot posts in this thread that showcase various builds.

General Information

The server runs 24/7.

Our Minetest server runs in survival-mode for some degree of challenge but it is not a battle server. Player-vs-Player has been disabled. Instead, the focus of our Minetest server is on building.

Our server is not a pillage and plunder server and not an anarchy / chaos server. The server is monitored, the rules are enforced, and bans are permanent.

While our community strives to keep the server family-safe, the players are not babysitters and the server is not a day-care center. Please do not leave children unattended to dig at every object in sight; a singleplayer world is much better suited for that instead.

By "family-safe", I mean that the server is monitored, excessive crude language and rude behavior are not acceptable, and discussing topics unsuitable for polite company should be done on someone else's server.

It is unfortunate that good manners and decorum are in such decline among online communities that I have to spell this stuff out.

Server Rules

We strive to keep our Minetest server a family-safe place. Good players are good neighbors and caretakers. The general rule is: "If you didn't make it, don't take it."

• No griefing
  • No stealing
  • No lagging through protected areas, this is a violation of community trust.
  • No bullying
  • No threats to other players
  • No swearing, inappropriate topics, or foul-language.
  • No inappropriate, gross, or foul-language player names.
  • No excessive arguing. It really ruins the fun for everyone else.
  • No excessive use of all-caps.
  • No spamming.
  • No dating, flirting, sexting, or trying to court other players.
  • Respect the build areas of others. Do not mine, harvets, or build near their structures and the open spaces around them.

For those players who want to argue these points I'll keep it real simple for you - you can be banned at any time without notice.

If you are suspected of using a hacked client you will be banned on sight.

Be cautious when discussing topics of religion, politics or any topic that results in a heated argument. Our server's players come from many different parts of the world and many different faiths and many different walks of life. The one thing they all have in common is that they come to our server to stack blocks in peace. Do not push too much and know when to back-off. If I have to step in to quell an argument, bans are the usual result.

Bans are permanent.

The Caretaker Philosophy
Some of our best players are not great builders but they are good people and good neighbors. They are "caretakers".

Caretakers take care of our community. They don't have to be admins or moderators warding off griefers and trouble makers.

They are positive role models, they lead by setting a good example for others and are pillars of our community.

They possess humility, grace, and the personal experience of "to err is human".

They know when to be firm and when to be forgiving.

They are willing to give a hand but not always a "hand-out".

They are there to greet new comers and "welcome back" returning friends.

This hopefully gives you an idea of what type of community we are striving for.

Admins: LazyJ and Miner_48er

Initial Privs: interact, shout, fast, money

Higher Privs

• Don't ask to be an admin or moderator. Admins and moderators are chosen,
    in secret, after a very long period of observation and debate between Miner_48er
    and LazyJ.
  • Privs are granted based on merit and good behavior.
  • With higher level privs comes the expectation of more responsibility from the
    player. It is because of this expectation that it usually takes a long time to
    be granted higher privs.
  • **Known and trusted** admins from other servers may be granted higher privs as a
    professional courtesy. Don't try to con us; we have a network of contacts among
    the other servers to know about admins.
  • There is no defined time for when privs are upgraded. It is literally up to
    LazyJ and Miner_48er to determine if you are eligible or not.
  • "Spill" and "twist" privs are granted after a few weeks of observation if the
    player has not caused any problems.
  • "Fly" is granted after a few months of observation for good behavior.
  • "Kick, ban/xban, basic_privs" are granted to mature players who have been on
    our server a long time and thoroughly understand our rules and expectations of
    conduct.
  • "Areas_high_limit" is granted after a player has used-up their already large
    allotment of Areas, proven to be a prolific builder of good quality builds, and
    has proven to be a pillar of our community.
  • Privs higher than these are at moderator and admin levels.

Protect Your Stuff
ShadowNinja's 'Areas' protection mod is installed. Players, themselves, can now set protection on their own builds.

No Sign-Up Required
No sign-up is required. Enter an appropriate name and password of your chosing in Minetest's Multiplayer menu.

However; there are some exceptions:
  • Please use a name other than "Guest<number>" (e.g., Guest1234)
  • SqueakCrafter names are blocked.
  • "Player<number>" names are blocked.
  • Names beginning with numbers or are all numbers only are blocked.
  • The playername "Admin" is blocked; please use a different playername.
If you don't want to spend a few moments to think of a decent playername, then you won't have the patience to play on our server.

Our Minetest server is setup for full-sized monitors and PC's with real keyboards and mice. iPads, tablets, Kindles, and smart-phones will not be able to access all the controls in some menus or F-number key functions.

Server Details
+ Minetest Server Version and Recommended Clients

+ Connection and Chat Information

+ Installed Mods

+ Features

+ Alterations

+ Server Maintenance

+ Overview Maps

More About Our Minetest Server

+ Where Can I Build?

+ Fake, Play Money - Buying Things and Paying Other Players for Stuff

+ Sell Your Stuff to Admin Shops to Make *Money or Buy Supplies in Bulk

+ How to 'Tune' Your Shop

Other, Non-Money Stuff

+ PowerPlayer Tips

+ Mind's Archive of Coords (instructions and screenshots)

+ Moonrocks and Anti-Moonrocks (description and screenshots)

+ Sneak Elevators (instructions and screenshots)
Last edited by LazyJ on Thu Mar 16, 2017 05:11, edited 176 times in total.
.: Minetest 0.4.14 ~ Linux Mint ~ A moka pot, a French press, a dirty coffee cup, and a spoiled-rotten kitty :.
Visit our Minetest server at: LinuxGaming2.com, port 30000
Screenshots, overview maps, and server info at: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5684
My blog: http://lazyjminetest.blogspot.com/

Orby

by Orby » Tue Apr 23, 2013 21:26

Stay tuned for a tutorial on getting started including
  • Making money
  • Setting up your own shop
  • Requesting build protection
Hopefully I'll be able to write this by the end of the week :)
{ LinuxGaming.us:30000 LinuxGaming.us 0.4.6 Server | www.LinuxGaming.us | irc.linuxgaming.us #linuxgaming #minetest }

Leroy

by Leroy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 05:36

Help, I got griefed. Missing, is 13 glass. Please permafy 50+ block range around it.

Today's my Birthday!
UBUNTU BRO!

Orby

by Orby » Mon Apr 29, 2013 02:07

Done
{ LinuxGaming.us:30000 LinuxGaming.us 0.4.6 Server | www.LinuxGaming.us | irc.linuxgaming.us #linuxgaming #minetest }

xavier108

IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 14:32

It would be cool if this server have a runway and a airport
Ezlif :D

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Tue Apr 30, 2013 22:52

Because you can't embed an image into a post - you have to upload it to some website such as omploader, imgur, flickr, etc and post a link to the raw image file.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

flosslibreculture

by flosslibreculture » Thu May 02, 2013 17:42

It's also possible to ask for protection ingame. I did and I got protection :)

feromonas

by feromonas » Thu May 02, 2013 19:38

as I do to have my place secure

OnceOver

by OnceOver » Wed May 08, 2013 10:16

i would like to join and i apologize for all the wrong i did at 5 am i was P O ed it took to long to load then when it loaded i couldnt dig or make a house and everyoone elses was like a tease so i wrote on the none protected writing things forgive me please let me join your comutinty thing i wanna build and i wont be bad but i might take free money from the bank if i need it just cause its so easy to take its like have a milliion dollars in front of you with no one watching like your not gonna take it i am sorry i cant promice i wont take the free money any who please add me to the comutiny

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed May 08, 2013 14:47

Everyone with interact is free to get rich by selling cobble for an amazing prize at the trade center...

It would be good to have beds on this server, mostly to have them as decorative furniture. A sethome command (or travelnet) would also be very useful and will become necessary when the server will grow and people will have to build further out. Another nice furniture mod would be living-room furniture.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Ybro

by Ybro » Sun May 19, 2013 16:58

Hello,

I'm selling apartments that are next to the spawn for $3500 each. Ownership of the apartment will be transferred to your name upon sale, so everything you place in it will be protected. I only have 5 left, so contact me soon if you're interested.

Ybro

by Ybro » Sun May 19, 2013 17:07

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Wed May 22, 2013 04:42

I'm thinking about joining this server and maybe the clan would it be okay, if you need a referance, just ask anyone on 0gb.us's server
Hello I am a random panda

Rhys

by Rhys » Wed May 22, 2013 15:25

I just want to give you mod that will be pretty good on WazuClan.com. It is the mod Carts by PilzAdams. I hope it gets installed. :)

Link: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2451

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Thu May 23, 2013 09:50

Bearbar123 wrote:I'm thinking about joining this server and maybe the clan would it be okay, if you need a referance, just ask anyone on 0gb.us's server

No sign-up required.
Stop by for a visit, tour the areas, find a spot you like and start. :)
Last edited by LazyJ on Thu May 23, 2013 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
.: Minetest 0.4.14 ~ Linux Mint ~ A moka pot, a French press, a dirty coffee cup, and a spoiled-rotten kitty :.
Screenshots, overview maps, and server info at: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5684

Orby

by Orby » Thu Jun 20, 2013 01:41

Bumping new topic :)

Rhys

by Rhys » Thu Jun 20, 2013 07:17

I was confused about the name changing from WazuClan.com to LinuxGaming.com xD. But it is a cool new name for the server ;).

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 16:08

This server is still using 0.4.6. If you update it to 0.4.7 stable, farming and flowers will be added to the server (you will also be able to see what other players are weilding.) If you choose the latest development version, you will get better sound effects for the base game.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 23:05

Here are a few screenshots to give you a brief idea of what you will find in Wazuland2. :)

Spawntown

Brazilian Embassy 01

Brazilian Embassy 02

EverHill's Cliffside Apartments

Lyrix City

MrPink's Church

Shady Cove Shipyard

Statue of the Origninal Minetest Skin

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Tue Jul 02, 2013 23:18

Rhys wrote:I was confused about the name changing from WazuClan.com to LinuxGaming.com xD. But it is a cool new name for the server ;).

There was a split from the WazuClan that took the Minetest server (Wazuland2) with it as a result. So now Wazuland2 is no longer affiliated with the WazuClan.

The Minetest server is still on the same machine, just the domain name has changed. Same map, no wipe, all the Wazuland2 builds are there; just a different domain name.

The switch-over completed at the end of June. Now you should log in to Wazuland using:

address: LinuxGaming.us

on port: 30000
Last edited by LazyJ on Tue Jul 02, 2013 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

ecube

by ecube » Mon Jul 08, 2013 15:50

LazyJ, this is no longer Wazuland, might we request that you edit it to something else please? Thank you :)
This is a test

Miner_48er

by Miner_48er » Mon Jul 08, 2013 21:23

ecube who is we?
Also why should we change it?
Come visit our Minetest 0.4.13 Server at: LinuxGaming2.com, port 30000

Orby

by Orby » Tue Jul 09, 2013 15:21

ecube wrote:LazyJ, this is no longer Wazuland, might we request that you edit it to something else please? Thank you :)

We'll make sure to remove any references to Wazu from the top post and the server :)

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 18:03

Please Would anyone tell me where I can find this mod permafy?
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 22:21

brunob.santos wrote:Please Would anyone tell me where I can find this mod permafy?

The permafy mod is a custom-made, in-house mod by Orby. It isn't downloadable from the forums or Github. As such, there isn't much documentation on it and it is frequently experimented with and revised.... still very much a "work in progress". ;)

Cooper97

by Cooper97 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 17:11

LazyJ wrote:
brunob.santos wrote:Please Would anyone tell me where I can find this mod permafy?

The permafy mod is a custom-made, in-house mod by Orby. It isn't downloadable from the forums or Github. As such, there isn't much documentation on it and it is frequently experimented with and revised.... still very much a "work in progress". ;)

You can find the permafy mod on pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/vDnpmUcy
Sorry for my bad english. (I am from germany.)

Miner_48er

by Miner_48er » Sun Aug 18, 2013 16:36

1 year of Minetest
Come visit our Minetest 0.4.13 Server at: LinuxGaming2.com, port 30000

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Mon Aug 19, 2013 19:51

Miner_48er wrote:1 year of Minetest

1 year anniversary! \0/

August 18th, 2012 our Minetest world went online. There have been a lot of changes since, including a new world during the "big" upgrade and move to a new server.

Keep on mining.

Keep on building.

Keep on creating.

Keep on playing Minetest! ;)
Last edited by LazyJ on Mon Aug 19, 2013 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

RohitM

by RohitM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 19:45

A recommendation for the server. Can you add mesecons and pipeworks to a certain degree?
PS. Im a regular here, my username is Rohit.

RohitM

by RohitM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 19:48

Also, can you add the mailboxes mod?
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3285

Next

Return to Minetest Servers