Craig's Server

gabo.xandre

GitHub: GaboXandre
IRC: GaboXandre
In-game: Gabo

Re: [0.4.9-dev] Craig's Survival Server

by gabo.xandre » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31

cyberhawk wrote:I'm placing some stairs made of concrete. Normally they turn out white. But one of them becomes grey upon placement. Shadows and material underneath don't seem to cause this, because I removed stuff obstructing the one grey stair and also tried out changing the materials around it.

Is there something above? It looks like somthing is casting a shadow on it.

cyberhawk

In-game: cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Sat Jun 07, 2014 17:34

Is it possible to make stairs out of colored stone bricks? In the guide there are all sorts of colored stone bricks, but only uncolored stone brick stairs. For my build colored stone is the perfect thing to imitate the roof, but I need the bricks to be stairs

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio or CraigyDavi
In-game: davisonio or CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 08:28

cyberhawk wrote:Is it possible to make stairs out of colored stone bricks? In the guide there are all sorts of colored stone bricks, but only uncolored stone brick stairs. For my build colored stone is the perfect thing to imitate the roof, but I need the bricks to be stairs

I can do that, yes.

cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Sun Jun 08, 2014 09:07

Please do that, if it is not too much hassle for you. The object name seems to be colouredstonebricks:brown.

RHR

GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Mon Jun 09, 2014 22:26

I created a map for visitors and new players. It contains as much buildings, projects and area owner names as I remembered. Some screenshots of all this buildings would be nice. I hope it is usefull:

When I checked my new flattened area, I was able to enjoy this nice view:

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Tue Jun 10, 2014 15:13

Hey guys. Remember me? I used to play on this server a lot: It was my favorite next to Onez and Clip. But after the server went down a few months ago, I have not been able to log on to Craigs. Basically, It loads just fine but stops when it reaches the "Media" loading thing. :( Sorry guys

cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 19:17

Care to include my build project? It's going to be a Shaolin temple. What has been done so far:
Attachments
temple-wip.png
temple-wip.png (955.56 KiB) Viewed 2836 times

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 06:47

I created a map for visitors and new players. It contains as much buildings, projects and area owner names as I remembered. Some screenshots of all this buildings would be nice. I hope it is usefull:

When I checked my new flattened area, I was able to enjoy this nice view:

Thanks for this! I'll add it to the top post.

Care to include my build project? It's going to be a Shaolin temple. What has been done so far:

Great work!

Hey guys. Remember me? I used to play on this server a lot: It was my favorite next to Onez and Clip. But after the server went down a few months ago, I have not been able to log on to Craigs. Basically, It loads just fine but stops when it reaches the "Media" loading thing. :( Sorry guys

Try disbaling "preload item visuals in the main menu, otherwise I have no idea what your problem could be...

cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 20:36

Craig, are you going to make stairs and slabs available for the coloured stone bricks? Or is it too much work? I might just use wool for the roof, if you can confirm that stairs and slabs won't be available for coloured stone bricks. Just don't want to do the roof twice. I tried using the desert stone and it kind of sucks.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jun 12, 2014 01:53

Guess the problem with stairs and slabs and all for the colored stonebricks will be that it adds a huge amount of blocks. Perhaps a limited set of those blocks actually needed can be added manually?

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 06:40

cyberhawk wrote:Craig, are you going to make stairs and slabs available for the coloured stone bricks? Or is it too much work? I might just use wool for the roof, if you can confirm that stairs and slabs won't be available for coloured stone bricks. Just don't want to do the roof twice. I tried using the desert stone and it kind of sucks.

I'll try do that sometime today, either with stairsplus or stairs mod.

bajanhgk

In-game: bajanhgk

by bajanhgk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 15:17

craig why did you cover DK mineshaft which was near the public chest room?
Just a Loner In the Winds which Blow Endlessly towards Death

bajanhgk

by bajanhgk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 15:31

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 19:17

craig why did you cover DK mineshaft which was near the public chest room?

What do you mean?

oh and also can you put this mod
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9050

Probably not, but I'll take a look at it.

cyberhawk

Re: [0.4.9-dev] Craig's Server

by cyberhawk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 14:55

I have the following idea: handing out limited ammounts of bread to the players who need healing at my Shaolin temple. This service is already available right now.

However, there might be a conflict of interests with people selling bread in their shops in Spawntown. So if anyone is actively selling bread and is not interested in me handing it out for free, please contact me. Either here on the forum or in-game.

jwpwns

by jwpwns » Thu Jun 19, 2014 18:02

Having problems connecting i think its my version of the game where do i get the dev builds?
Got on but it wont let me craft anything not sure if its me or just the lag? still need updated version tho

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 20:41

jwpwns wrote:Having problems connecting i think its my version of the game where do i get the dev builds?
Got on but it wont let me craft anything not sure if its me or just the lag? still need updated version tho

Try disabling "preload item visuals" in the main menu. You should be able to join with stable minetest but a dev build is available hee: viewtopic.php?p=145446#p145446

littlejoe

GitHub: littlejoe
In-game: LittleJoe

by littlejoe » Fri Jun 20, 2014 15:36

Is the server down?

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 16:39

littlejoe wrote:Is the server down?

Should be back up now

gabo.xandre

GitHub: GaboXandre
IRC: GaboXandre
In-game: Gabo

by gabo.xandre » Thu Jun 26, 2014 22:09

Was there an update or change to the industry mod?
Transactors and hoppers look strange.
I have about 50 of those deployed at the WTC resource centre and my workshop and they all stopped working. :'(

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 08:14

gabo.xandre wrote:Was there an update or change to the industry mod?
Transactors and hoppers look strange.
I have about 50 of those deployed at the WTC resource centre and my workshop and they all stopped working. :'(

Sorry about the troubles, this should now be fixed:.

John1

by John1 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 21:20

Can I get interact please? Ingame name is "John1"

cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:39

I'm having trouble with the data about my area. When I right-click on my markers, it tells me that some "data got lost" and I should place the markers again. Also, I have two stones for ownership editing now. No idea where the second one came from, they both seem to function.

Is my area unprotected?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 19:09

cyberhawk wrote:When I right-click on my markers, it tells me that some "data got lost" and I should place the markers again.

The data is not stored over server restart. If you want to mark and protect a new area and get this message, please dig each marker node that belongs to the rectangle forming your area and place it again at the same place. That ought to solve the problem. Please also note that only the last 10 positions of markers are stored. If you used them for measurement or as decoration, the positions of the first markers set may need to be updated.

cyberhawk wrote:Also, I have two stones for ownership editing now. No idea where the second one came from, they both seem to function.

They're just tools to manage protection. You can place as many as you like wherever you can. You may even build with them if you like to. It's not like landrush where the marker block determins what is protected.
A list of my mods can be found here.

bajanhgk

by bajanhgk » Sat Jul 05, 2014 09:57

cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Sat Jul 05, 2014 22:02

Sokomine wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:When I right-click on my markers, it tells me that some "data got lost" and I should place the markers again.

The data is not stored over server restart. If you want to mark and protect a new area and get this message, please dig each marker node that belongs to the rectangle forming your area and place it again at the same place.

Does this mean my area is not protected right now? Do I have to replace the markers each time the server restarts in order to keep my area protected?

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 08:54

John1 wrote:Can I get interact please? Ingame name is "John1"

Sorry for the wait, I have granted you interact now.

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 08:55

cyberhawk wrote:
Sokomine wrote:

The data is not stored over server restart. If you want to mark and protect a new area and get this message, please dig each marker node that belongs to the rectangle forming your area and place it again at the same place.

Does this mean my area is not protected right now? Do I have to replace the markers each time the server restarts in order to keep my area protected?

I think if you replace all markers it should fix this. Check if it is still protected by doing a /list_areas

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Jul 06, 2014 19:07

cyberhawk wrote:Does this mean my area is not protected right now? Do I have to replace the markers each time the server restarts in order to keep my area protected?

I don't know if your area is protected or not. Craft the protection block (that with the sandstone-like texture), place it in the area you want to know something about and right-click it. Then you'll get the information weather it's protected or not.
The markers are only markers. They serve as a tool for protecting areas. Once they've done their job, you can do with them whatever you want - either let them standing or dig them and use them elsewhere. Digging and placing them again is only necessary if the server was restarted before you actually managed to place the 4th marker and fill out the formspec. Or if you placed too many markers inbetween.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Fekk Joond

by Fekk Joond » Mon Jul 07, 2014 19:14

Can someone give me interact privs? I've read the rules, but there never seems to be any admins/staff on when I'm on. My name on the server is cantiii.
The inkvasion commences.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers