noob server

Esteban

GitHub: Esteban-
IRC: Esteban
In-game: Esteban

Re: [0.4.10-dev] Craig's Server

by Esteban » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:58

MinecraftBoy wrote:noob server

Could you explain yourself better? Are you trying to say you are new to the server or referring to server itself.

If you are new to the server read the first post of this thread or check the in-game wiki.

@CraigyDavi: Nice avatar!

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio or CraigyDavi
In-game: davisonio or CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 18:33

Esteban wrote:@CraigyDavi: Nice avatar!

I was feeling in the screenshotting mood today, so here are some updated screenshots of the server:
Overview of spawn:
Centre of spawn:
RHR's Tower:
World Trade Center (incomplete):
Esteban's Chess Board:
cyberhawk's Shaolin Temple:
Small Village:
Spawn Room:
Gabo's Castle of the Sun:
Some buildings by RHR:
Some more buildings by RHR:
Updated top post. Overview maps are still yet to be updated.

Esteban

by Esteban » Sat Sep 13, 2014 01:55

Finished remodeling the Nyan Cat Church! Dedicated to the player DeepCenter.

Xander_Crews

In-game: XanderCrews

by Xander_Crews » Sat Sep 13, 2014 16:37

How long does backing up the server take?

Xander_Crews

by Xander_Crews » Sat Sep 13, 2014 18:38

I started building last night, everything worked. Then the server was shutdown for backup, it came back on this morning.

I signed in, connected, everything seemed normal. Then all of a sudden I couldn't change the position of things in my inventory. I signed out, and tried to sign back in... now the screen is stuck on "connecting to server" and will not go past that point.

*Edit to add* Other servers loading normally.

Xander_Crews

by Xander_Crews » Sun Sep 14, 2014 18:47

Update.

I got signed into the server again yesterday, built for a few hours without a problem, then as it got later at night, the connection started lagging pretty bad.

I was playing this morning and it was working fine again, but then, about an hour in, the map stopped loading and I decided to sign out and sign back in, but the server disappeared from the server list... is anyone else having the same problems or is the connection issue on my end?

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 19:32

Xander_Crews wrote:How long does backing up the server take?

About half an hour.

Xander_Crews wrote:Update.

I got signed into the server again yesterday, built for a few hours without a problem, then as it got later at night, the connection started lagging pretty bad.

I was playing this morning and it was working fine again, but then, about an hour in, the map stopped loading and I decided to sign out and sign back in, but the server disappeared from the server list... is anyone else having the same problems or is the connection issue on my end?

These are known problems, unfortunately there's not much I can do about it. The server just lags out or has problems often and I have to manually restart the server.

Esteban

by Esteban » Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:24

Some stuff in Homedecor mod, such as the fish tank and towels, are uncraftable. I think it has to do with Moreblocks. I placed a gravel node on the saw table in order to make the fish tank and this happened:

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 15:03

Esteban wrote:Some stuff in Homedecor mod, such as the fish tank and towels, are uncraftable. I think it has to do with Moreblocks. I placed a gravel node on the saw table in order to make the fish tank and this happened:

Hmm yes, I have updated the homedecor mod but now that it's structured as a modpack it requires some of the mods from the same modpack. I'll try work out some fixes.

jp

GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Wed Sep 17, 2014 15:23

CraigyDavi wrote:Hmm yes, I have updated the homedecor mod but now that it's structured as a modpack it requires some of the mods from the same modpack. I'll try work out some fixes.

For the fish tank, his recipe doesn't requires a thin layer of gravel from the MoreBlocks saw, but the 'gravel spread' from the 'building_blocks' mod (part of Homedecor). Same provenance for the terrycloth towel.

For the unknown nodes in the screenie above, it's because your MoreBlocks is buggy/broken. Update it again.

Considering the amount of items, I advice you to install Unified Inventory to help players to craft/find.

Xander_Crews

by Xander_Crews » Wed Sep 17, 2014 18:01

CraigyDavi wrote:

About half an hour.

These are known problems, unfortunately there's not much I can do about it. The server just lags out or has problems often and I have to manually restart the server.

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to verify that it wasn't my connection. I was able to finish the skyscraper with around 10 floors I was working on. It still needs furnished/decorated, but I have made a giant tower with apartments, roof top patio, pools, etc...

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 16:40

jp wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:Hmm yes, I have updated the homedecor mod but now that it's structured as a modpack it requires some of the mods from the same modpack. I'll try work out some fixes.

For the fish tank, his recipe doesn't requires a thin layer of gravel from the MoreBlocks saw, but the 'gravel spread' from the 'building_blocks' mod (part of Homedecor). Same provenance for the terrycloth towel.

For the unknown nodes in the screenie above, it's because your MoreBlocks is buggy/broken. Update it again.

Considering the amount of items, I advice you to install Unified Inventory to help players to craft/find.

Moreblocks is using the latest version. Yeah, the problem is that I don't want to install the building_blocks mod but still want to be able to use some of the homedecor recipes, I guess I'll just have to change them manually. Unified inventory was removed as mobile users were unable to craft using it but maybe that is fixed now...

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 16:40

Xander_Crews wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:

About half an hour.

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to verify that it wasn't my connection. I was able to finish the skyscraper with around 10 floors I was working on. It still needs furnished/decorated, but I have made a giant tower with apartments, roof top patio, pools, etc...

Nice work!

cyberhawk

In-game: cyberhawk

by cyberhawk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 13:46

I keep getting an error, which sends me falling through the world with the y-coord decreasing and x-coord being "inf" or "-inf".

Error message (from yesterday):
09:42:46:ERROR[main]: WARNING: updateListener: Invalid value

It has made the game unplayable, this happened 4 times during half an hour. I always have to teleport to /spawn or /home to get out of this.

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 16:11

cyberhawk wrote:I keep getting an error, which sends me falling through the world with the y-coord decreasing and x-coord being "inf" or "-inf".

Error message (from yesterday):
09:42:46:ERROR[main]: WARNING: updateListener: Invalid value

It has made the game unplayable, this happened 4 times during half an hour. I always have to teleport to /spawn or /home to get out of this.

It's a known bug with minetest, more information here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5301

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 17:45

A few updates have been made fairly recently:
  • The minetest.conf file used by the server is now available to browse though, Check it out here!
  • Enderchest has been removed (it was pointless and hardly anyone used it). If you still had one, lucky you! You will notice it is now a diamond block.
  • The bug which allowed users to replacing things in other drop-boxes has now been fixed alongside some builtin_item improvements, thanks HybridDog.
  • All crafts from the homedecor *should* be fixed now
  • The bug which caused you to be immortal has been fixed

Esteban

by Esteban » Mon Sep 22, 2014 17:54

CraigyDavi wrote:A few updates have been made fairly recently:
  • The minetest.conf file used by the server is now available to browse though, Check it out here!
  • Enderchest has been removed (it was pointless and hardly anyone used it). If you still had one, lucky you! You will notice it is now a diamond block.
  • The bug which allowed users to replacing things in other drop-boxes has now been fixed alongside some builtin_item improvements, thanks HybridDog.
  • All crafts from the homedecor *should* be fixed now
  • The bug which caused you to be immortal has been fixed

Thanks! I will login later and make that fish tank! x)

Also, I heard you wanted to change the money mod used on the sever. For that reason, I will make a list of shops that are maintained (that always are been stocked and make regular sales) to warn these players to save the products for the new mod. I noticed there's some shops that are not maintained at all (like my furniture store) , so the effect of changing the money mod would be minimal. An example of this is the market at spawn, like 2 or 3 shops out of the 10 actually work.

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 18:12

Esteban wrote:Also, I heard you wanted to change the money mod used on the sever. For that reason, I will make a list of shops that are maintained (that always are been stocked and make regular sales) to warn these players to save the products for the new mod. I noticed there's some shops that are not maintained at all (like my furniture store) , so the effect of changing the money mod would be minimal. An example of this is the market at spawn, like 2 or 3 shops out of the 10 actually work.

Indeed I do, the mod is quite old and there are a few bugs with it that crash the server... Also adding all the information in including the nodename is very confusing for people.
That would be a amazing, I think I'll give at least 2 weeks warning and I can also add a chat message which displays when someone opens a shop to tell them that we are switching to a new mod.

I think I will either use the BitChange mod or the mint mod.

Esteban

by Esteban » Mon Sep 22, 2014 18:27

CraigyDavi wrote:...I can also add a chat message which displays when someone opens a shop to tell them that we are switching to a new mod...

Agree. Make an advertisement telling the peeps that they should remove products from the shops.

CraigyDavi wrote:...I think I will either use the BitChange mod or the mint mod.

I vote for the Bitchange! ;)

gabo.xandre

GitHub: GaboXandre
IRC: GaboXandre
In-game: Gabo

by gabo.xandre » Mon Sep 22, 2014 22:54

And what will happen to the money we currently have?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Sep 23, 2014 03:04

My traders mod might also be helpful on the server. Each trader can trade multiple items. If a money mod is installed, trading for virtual money is also possible.
A list of my mods can be found here.

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 06:26

gabo.xandre wrote:And what will happen to the money we currently have?

I think I'll try make some sort of "bank" block and place it at spawn. You can covert all your current money to the new money there.

Sokomine wrote:My traders mod might also be helpful on the server. Each trader can trade multiple items. If a money mod is installed, trading for virtual money is also possible.

Sounds cool, I might try and work something out so an economy can work with both mods.

gabo.xandre

GitHub: GaboXandre
IRC: GaboXandre
In-game: Gabo

by gabo.xandre » Wed Sep 24, 2014 02:12

After a few days work, here's the latest addition to the Castle of the Sun.

The new gateway:
* still need to finish the towers

And the new throne hall:

Landrover110

In-game: Landrover

by Landrover110 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 05:47

Hey guys its landrover i have been in the bush for many months so haven't been able to play i was doing antipoaching and stuff so i am going to becoming back online to continue building Landrovers cheap shop (LCS) haven't been on the server for months so it must of changed alot see you all soon

best regards

Landrover

Landrover110

by Landrover110 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:39

Hey craig came back to the server havent been back since Febuary and wow its changed alot , glad i found my shop in 1 piece its 5 stories now anyone can check it out on the travel net as Landrovers shop , craig the new money is nice but it doesnt seem worth that much and how do you buy land with the new money i need to buy some land but cant with bitcoins or is there a way

best regards
Landrover

Esteban

by Esteban » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:42

Landrover110 wrote:Hey craig came back to the server havent been back since Febuary and wow its changed alot , glad i found my shop in 1 piece its 5 stories now anyone can check it out on the travel net as Landrovers shop , craig the new money is nice but it doesnt seem worth that much and how do you buy land with the new money i need to buy some land but cant with bitcoins or is there a way

best regards
Landrover

You can get land for free. I know that when protecting it says a price, but it never takes anything.

Landrover110

by Landrover110 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 14:31

Esteban wrote:
Landrover110 wrote:Hey craig came back to the server havent been back since Febuary and wow its changed alot , glad i found my shop in 1 piece its 5 stories now anyone can check it out on the travel net as Landrovers shop , craig the new money is nice but it doesnt seem worth that much and how do you buy land with the new money i need to buy some land but cant with bitcoins or is there a way

best regards
Landrover

You can get land for free. I know that when protecting it says a price, but it never takes anything.

oh thanks esteban its changed since i last came , thanks :)

RHR

GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Sat Oct 11, 2014 18:00

@Craig: Could you please update the overview map? :)

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers