ShadowNinja's building server [git, flat, 24/7, short night]

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Wed Dec 11, 2013 03:28

ShadowNinja wrote:
hampa16 wrote:Can i have interact privilages please? My in-game name is HardcoreFox.

HardcoreFox wrote:TELL ME THE FREAKIN PASSWORD TO YOUR SERVER FOR V0.4.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems we have a name conflict. One of you will have to chose a different name. hampa16 has priority due to being on the server first and being on the forum longer. But you may want to match forum accounts to server accounts.
YhadoEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAwn!
Tell me the password to YOUR server (EXCEPT FOR INOCUOMD)!

HardcoreFox

by HardcoreFox » Sat Dec 14, 2013 01:59

ShadowNinja wrote:
hampa16 wrote:Can i have interact privilages please? My in-game name is HardcoreFox.

HardcoreFox wrote:TELL ME THE FREAKIN PASSWORD TO YOUR SERVER FOR V0.4.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems we have a name conflict. One of you will have to chose a different name. hampa16 has priority due to being on the server first and being on the forum longer. But you may want to match forum accounts to server accounts.
Because I frogot the password to hampa16 on the forums.
Tell me the password to YOUR server (EXCEPT FOR INOCUOMD)!

hampa16

by hampa16 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 02:06

ShadowNinja wrote:

Now I have my forum account.
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

hampa16

by hampa16 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 02:30

HardcoreFox wrote:
ShadowNinja wrote:

Because I frogot the password to hampa16 on the forums.
Can I have interact, fast move, and free move privilages please?

Can you change my skin to this:Image
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

DaVince

by DaVince » Sun Dec 29, 2013 00:36

New to the forums, and new to the server! I've already been granted interact, but could you please change my skin to this one? :)

Last edited by DaVince on Sun Dec 29, 2013 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Sun Dec 29, 2013 04:26

DaVince wrote:New to the forums, and new to the server! I've already been granted interact, but could you please change my skin to this one? :)

http://davince.tengudev.com/images/2011/my_skin.png

Welcome aboard!

Also, an announcement. Lately there has been quite a bit of griefing on the streets, specifically the NESW streets extending from spawn. If anyone sees a grief, please find a moderator, or if no moderator is on at the time, PM me. Thank you.
Last edited by Enke on Sun Dec 29, 2013 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

ShadowNinja

GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Sun Dec 29, 2013 05:14

Skins added for HardcoreFox and DaVince.
I play on my Minetest server and VanessaE's.
The best way to contact me is usually IRC (InchraNet, freenode).

Enke

by Enke » Mon Dec 30, 2013 02:37

Would it be possible to detect what client a user connects with?
Lush8

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Mon Dec 30, 2013 03:26

Enke wrote:Would it be possible to detect what client a user connects with?

No, at least not without launching a nmap scan on everyone that connects, or something like that(which wouldn't work behind a router with NAT). Doing so has been discussed, particularly to ban clients using BuildCraft or a similar app.

Enke

by Enke » Mon Dec 30, 2013 04:54

What about having the Minetest/Freeminer client send a signal, like "-!- enke joined the game (Freeminer)". We obviously have no control over android/ios apps for Minetest, we would know that those who don't send a signal used those clients.
Lush8

ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Mon Dec 30, 2013 16:34

Enke wrote:What about having the Minetest/Freeminer client send a signal, like "-!- enke joined the game (Freeminer)". We obviously have no control over android/ios apps for Minetest, we would know that those who don't send a signal used those clients.

Or they were just using old clients. And why? I see no reason to ban Freeminer clients, unless they are the cause of the chat flooding, and there isn't really any other good reason. Even if they are the cause it would be better to fix it in Freeminer than to ban them. Of course if you're willing and able to code it, or can get someone else too, it might be accepted. Of course if the Android/iOS developers updated and set the string properly it might be usefull, but they'll just ignore it most likely.
Last edited by ShadowNinja on Mon Dec 30, 2013 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

DaVince

by DaVince » Mon Dec 30, 2013 19:49

shadowzone would like to have the following skin:

Posting this on shadowzone's behalf because they can't create an account here on the forums (no e-mail).

Enke

by Enke » Mon Dec 30, 2013 21:30

ShadowNinja wrote:Or they were just using old clients. And why? I see no reason to ban Freeminer clients, unless they are the cause of the chat flooding, and there isn't really any other good reason. Even if they are the cause it would be better to fix it in Freeminer than to ban them. Of course if you're willing and able to code it, or can get someone else too, it might be accepted. Of course if the Android/iOS developers updated and set the string properly it might be usefull, but they'll just ignore it most likely.

I think you misunderstood me. My point was that the Buildcraft/any illegal (quasi-legal) Android or iOS client could be identified, whereupon some penalty could be instituted, or maybe just a warning at login stating that their client is illegal/quasi-legal. Minetest and Freeminer clients, being both legal and supported by the community, would be left alone. In this way, we show that although these clients can connect to our servers, we do not support them.

Unfortunately, my coding is bad. I cannot do it.
Lush8

ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Fri Jan 03, 2014 03:36

Skin added for shadowzone.

Azuna

by Azuna » Tue Jan 07, 2014 05:20

Can i has interact? name: plum. see you ingame :D

ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Tue Jan 07, 2014 20:53

Azuna wrote:Can i has interact? name: plum. see you ingame :D

Sure, but you have to connect to the server before I can grant it.
Last edited by ShadowNinja on Tue Jan 07, 2014 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Azuna

by Azuna » Thu Jan 09, 2014 18:59

can i get interacts again? name:plum, sorry before i didn't get on XD

rommiekerova

In-game: Andromeda

by rommiekerova » Sun Jan 12, 2014 23:57

Please may I have interact?
IGN: Andromeda
My Mods: Kerova - https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=8054
My Server: Kalisae - https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=9040 <--CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Enke

by Enke » Mon Jan 13, 2014 02:20

rommiekerova wrote:Please may I have interact?
IGN: Andromeda

I'll grant it when the server's back online.
Last edited by Enke on Mon Jan 13, 2014 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Lush8

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Mon Jan 13, 2014 17:13

Sokomine recently created a new protection mod that should be easy to use:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=124128#p124128

Enke

by Enke » Tue Jan 14, 2014 00:28

Inocudom wrote:Sokomine recently created a new protection mod that should be easy to use:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=124128#p124128

Very interesting, but I personally prefer the areas mod we're using currently.
Lush8

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Jan 14, 2014 02:56

Enke wrote:Very interesting, but I personally prefer the areas mod we're using currently.

You can still use the commands from the areas mod. My markers-mod only extends that very mod by providing an easier interface - namely 4 physical markers players can place to mark their area plus some visualization.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Tue Jan 14, 2014 05:05

Sokomine wrote:What's still missing is some useful way to handle how much a player can protect. I do limit the size of the area to 1024 m^2, but that won't stop players from protecting lots of areas without any chance of them ever going to build anything there. Another limitation comes from the basic areas mod which limits self-protection to 3 areas (configurable).

I plan to add a price of x cobble per m^2 (height does not count). Areas less than 100 m from spawn will be more "expensive", while areas further out will be cheaper. The idea is that cobble is not a very good material for building while beeing available in large quantities on (almost) any server. The money mods used are just too diffrent. The amount of cobble the inventory can contain will limit the size of the areas indirectly.

Of course this won't work at all on creative servers. For those, limiting the amount of areas a player can have might be best.

Regular players who have proven that they know how to handle self-protection and apply it in a useful way might be omitted from paying the cobble price and the amount of areas limitation.

What do you think of these suggestions? Server owners: What would you prefer?

Sokomine, I saw this post that you made today in the topic for your protection mod. I don't know if server owners will come to the topic to read it, so I am re-posting it here.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 03:10

Hey Shadow, i'm gettinng back in the game and looked at your server and it's really nice, could i get build pwease
Hello I am a random panda

Enke

by Enke » Sun Jan 19, 2014 03:42

Bearbar123 wrote:Hey Shadow, i'm gettinng back in the game and looked at your server and it's really nice, could i get build pwease

Granted as soon as the server is back up. :-)
Lush8

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 01:59

okay thanks

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 03:57

I can't get on this server. It must be down or lagging.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 04:00

is the server down?

shaheerziya

by shaheerziya » Mon Jan 20, 2014 15:46

can i have the interact privilege my IGN is Citro
and my new skin(maybe): Image
Last edited by shaheerziya on Mon Jan 20, 2014 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 23:54

When the server goes back up i'm building a city and castle at -1000, -1000, message me if you want a place there, i already have all the rooms at the castle taken up but you can be a shop owner or a worker in the castle are still free

Edit:

Also Ninja or someone who has access to the skins can you put in my skin

[img=PunBB bbcode test]http://www.minecraftskins.net/static/skin/foxylady.png[/img]
Last edited by Bearbar123 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers