Xanadu Server

~Xhole

IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

Re: Xanadu Server

by ~Xhole » Fri Jun 24, 2016 19:23

Why no yellow sheep my fellow
Being honest may not get you alot of friends but itll get you the right ones love and nodes ~X~

KCoombes

In-game: Knatt or Rudilyn

by KCoombes » Fri Jun 24, 2016 22:00

auouymous wrote:
firefox wrote:tame a sheep and feed it with dye.
only white sheeps can be dyed and only once. colours cannot be changed.
when breeding sheep, the children will have the colour of the "mother".

Thank you. How do I tame and breed them?

8 wheat to tame each one, then more wheat to induce breeding

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:10

So, I've been uber farming lately, and I've lost food / starved rather quickly while harvesting. Some stats after typing /kill starting at 6.5 food:

110 wheat harvested, 3.5 food.

207 wheat harvested, 1.5 food.

535 wheat harvested, 0 food. (Full starvation, damage taken.)

I don't know if it's a bug with typing /kill because I lost all my food when ten nuked our area (had so much meat), but this happens if I type /kill and stat over with 6.5 food health.

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Sun Jun 26, 2016 18:08

minetestjosh wrote:So, I've been uber farming lately, and I've lost food / starved rather quickly while harvesting. Some stats after typing /kill starting at 6.5 food:

110 wheat harvested, 3.5 food.

207 wheat harvested, 1.5 food.

535 wheat harvested, 0 food. (Full starvation, damage taken.)

I don't know if it's a bug with typing /kill because I lost all my food when ten nuked our area (had so much meat), but this happens if I type /kill and stat over with 6.5 food health.

i don't understand exactly what you mean, but farming by hand takes more actions than farming with a sword. on large scale farms, that makes a huge difference.
=(^.^)=

mystik

GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Sun Jun 26, 2016 18:19

firefox wrote:i don't understand exactly what you mean, but farming by hand takes more actions than farming with a sword. on large scale farms, that makes a huge difference.
=(^.^)=

On that note -- I do wish Ten would nerf swords against dirt for this reason :) You have no idea how many times I end up 'digging' dirt with a sword, only to have to replace + re-sow the block for another planting cycle.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 18:30

Issue.
Mob with health indicator.
Attachments
screenshot_20160626_212627.png
screenshot_20160626_212627.png (417.58 KiB) Viewed 3351 times

firefox

by firefox » Sun Jun 26, 2016 18:52

amadin wrote:Issue.
Mob with health indicator.

what's wrong with that?
mob health is displayed whenever they take damage, and some mobs are damaged by water or daylight.
=(^.^)=

fluffyunicorn

In-game: Trigger_Happy

by fluffyunicorn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 08:48

shoog was trying to date Jmoney101 in the game. I have warned her a couple of times and she told me to be quiet, then continued dating. I have attached a collage of what she said.
Please look into this. :)
xxx
Trig
Attachments
CYMERA_20160627_164409.jpg
CYMERA_20160627_164409.jpg (697.79 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn.
Then always be a unicorn. ♡

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:26

firefox wrote:i don't understand exactly what you mean, but farming by hand takes more actions than farming with a sword. on large scale farms, that makes a huge difference.
=(^.^)=

It's hard to explain I guess. Just harvest and watch your food health go down. I just posted the stats because it goes down really really quickly. And I do use swords! Diamond or Crystal Swords. Would take forever if I used only my hands. :)

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:56

flufflyunicorn wrote:shoog was trying to date Jmoney101 in the game.

This must have happened after I logged off. But before that, I warned shoog about begging for stuff multiple times.

fluffyunicorn

In-game: Trigger_Happy

by fluffyunicorn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 13:11

Yeah, after crafterlouie warned her about dating, she decided to beg for stuff... so yeah.
Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn.
Then always be a unicorn. ♡

firefox

by firefox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:26

Aule's Mountain

building side of the "City in the Mountain".
experienced builders are welcome to join =(^.^)=

Glorfindel

GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Tue Jun 28, 2016 16:57

WOW!!!!
That looks AWESOME, can't wait to see the city!

myster

In-game: myster

by myster » Tue Jun 28, 2016 17:17

That has infinite potential. I cannot wait to see what comes of it. XD
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

Bobr

by Bobr » Wed Jun 29, 2016 16:33

Seriously want to ban me for some thing I didn't do exactly where did I greif I miss that server and the farming you have no proof and like I said CHECK THE LOGS because I didn't say I wanted to become a mod cuz I know the rules I did not greif OK I'm kinda loosing my temper her cuz I hate being blamed for some thing I didn't do so PLZ just let me back in to farm

iska

In-game: iska

by iska » Thu Jun 30, 2016 06:31

Bobr wrote:Seriously want to ban me for some thing I didn't do exactly where did I greif I miss that server and the farming you have no proof and like I said CHECK THE LOGS because I didn't say I wanted to become a mod cuz I know the rules I did not greif OK I'm kinda loosing my temper her cuz I hate being blamed for some thing I didn't do so PLZ just let me back in to farm

Hi Bobr, first of all there are no logs as far as I know it and second - admins decisions are final, third - loosing temper is never good option.

You can always make your own server, most of the Xanadus awesome mods made by TenPlus1 are online available for everyone to download and use in their own servers.

I suggest you find another server to play in, wish you all the best.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 07:59

iska wrote:second - admins decisions are final

I swear to god, this is EXACTLY what the worst admins of Minecraft have said!

~Xhole

IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Thu Jun 30, 2016 08:02

Well its true...You can argue but it wont really get you any where.
Being honest may not get you alot of friends but itll get you the right ones love and nodes ~X~

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:29

Must it be accepted even though it may be openly unfair?
You badmouth Xanadu.

Kelena

In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Thu Jun 30, 2016 14:08

ABJ wrote:Must it be accepted even though it may be openly unfair?
You badmouth Xanadu.

Admin and moderators do what they have to based on what the used did, not just random target people. That "Admin decisions are final" is because they know what happened, otherwise they wouldn't limit/ban people, it may sound unfair, but there are moments when admins doesn't want to keep dealing with a person who doesn't want to follow the rules. Also letting people like that play on the server and allow them to behave like that just make the game (for other people) annoying, watching argues is at some point irritating, that's the main reason of that statement.
Love and nodes, Kel~

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 15:12

Whether you're right or not is going to be a lengthy and bitter argument. For the sake of any fairness in Xanadu, and for that I have argued about Xanadu enough earlier, and may even regret it, and for the sake of the fact that I want to change and start new and try to forget anything I perceived as injustice towards me and anyone else and try to take a new route to the solution, I will make the less long-winded and argument-provoking statement: You should have been more specific.

Bobr

by Bobr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 15:23

So I was right there is no logs for it so basically I should not be banned I can even show you proof that I didn't do it and it was only assumed and a pure COINCIDENCE

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 15:28

Ow shit.
Can you please show us?
This happens too often in MC; we can't have this kind of confusion in MT.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 15:46

Admin has a HUUUUUUGE terminal output showing everything that players do and say on server, when someone has broken the rules they are limited and NO we do not keep lists of everyone who has been limited with a reason why, it would be too damn long.

auouymous

GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Thu Jun 30, 2016 16:04

ABJ wrote:This happens too often in MC; we can't have this kind of confusion in MT.

Are you saying that you get banned everywhere you go, and were hoping it wouldn't happen in minetest?

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 16:08

No. I'm NOT saying that - I don't blame you for having not known that I've never even played MC. I'm saying that I look up on the forums wistfully and see people talk of such things very often.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 22:56

Something that people just don't seem to understand. The Xanadu server is owned by a private individual. No one is paying him money to host Xanadu. He is just doing it out of the goodness of his own heart.

So, essentially, we have here a situation where Joe is hosting a bar-b-cue and D&D game at his house every Thursday night. He has some rules, such as don't cuss, don't mess the place up, no snuggling. If someone breaks the rules, he tells them they are no longer invited.

Do you have to accept that? Well, yes. It's HIS HOUSE. If you don't like his rules, or think he is being unfair, your only option is to go play somewhere else, because he owns the house. It's not your house. It's not public property. It's HIS house. Doesn't matter if you loved that particular game night. Doesn't matter if all your friends are going there. If the owner of the house says you are no longer invited to his party, you will have to find another party elsewhere.

If the admins of Xanadu say you are banned, then yes, you are banned. There is no higher authority to appeal to. It's his server and his rules. If it was your server, you would want it to be exactly the same way.

KCoombes

In-game: Knatt or Rudilyn

by KCoombes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 23:07

Kilarin wrote:

Something that people just don't seem to understand. The Xanadu server is owned by a private individual. No one is paying him money to host Xanadu. He is just doing it out of the goodness of his own heart.

So, essentially, we have here a situation where Joe is hosting a bar-b-cue and D&D game at his house every Thursday night. He has some rules, such as don't cuss, don't mess the place up, no snuggling. If someone breaks the rules, he tells them they are no longer invited.

Do you have to accept that? Well, yes. It's HIS HOUSE. If you don't like his rules, or think he is being unfair, your only option is to go play somewhere else, because he owns the house. It's not your house. It's not public property. It's HIS house. Doesn't matter if you loved that particular game night. Doesn't matter if all your friends are going there. If the owner of the house says you are no longer invited to his party, you will have to find another party elsewhere.

If the admins of Xanadu say you are banned, then yes, you are banned. There is no higher authority to appeal to. It's his server and his rules. If it was your server, you would want it to be exactly the same way.

Exactly! +100 for this bit of life-defining advice.

ABJ

by ABJ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 08:43

Dudes when can you stop misunderstanding people? He - and me - was talking not about how the rules are retarded, but how the way he was accused of actually breaking the rules was retarded. I didn't complain about the rules, I was talking about how it can't be proven that this particular person has broken the rules. +100 for the advice - I also believe it that way - but it was unneeded at this particular moment, for we were not discussing the rules, but in fact proving this particular person broke it. (Notice how I've repeated this statement 3x).
Summary: Good advice, but not on topic. Besides, if you want to ban someone, you can just tell him you want to ban him because this is your server instead of falsely accusing him and he must not complain then.

Kelena

In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Fri Jul 01, 2016 09:40

I don't know if that "helps" and many of you know, killing "noobs" is against the rules (And no, it wasn't posted after he did that) here, Bobr killed GRACIE because she entered into a pad at spawn that directed to a land that Bobr used to own.

He said Ten told him to build the path and Ten will open it when it was ready so when GRACIE entered into that pad (Bobr apparently warned but there aren't any logs that proves it) he killed her in a public place that was supposed to be "safe" for people, keeping in mind that Bobr had the best armor on we can say that GRACIE could be known as noob compared to him.

After that he made two more accounts and if I recall correctly, people said that he said bad things. Once again can't be confirmed without logs but the admin confirmed that those accounts were related to Bobr. Then the admin said that if we know that he comes back we should revoke his privs no matter what.

Saying that there weren't any moderators at the time he was on implying that he wanted to become one was annoying, and personally, wouldn't let a killer be a moderator.

I hope this helps you to understand a bit more of why he was limited on his "Bobr" account and that he wasn't accused for no reason.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-05-03-17-24-47.png
Screenshot_2016-05-03-17-24-47.png (204.37 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
Love and nodes, Kel~

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers