Xanadu Server

Neto

In-game: Neto

Re: Xanadu Server

by Neto » Fri Jul 25, 2014 13:36

ich schreibs dann mal in Deutsch,
ich wollte Gestern Nacht über den Spawn zum TNT Cafe gehen und wurde von 3 Leuten angegriffen, bin weg gesprungen wollte dabei essen damit ich nicht sterbe, hab mich aber verklickt und da waren 3 oder 4 Lava Monster ( ups mist passiert ) hab weil ich immernoch angegriffen wurde Mausi gesagt geh mal zu Spawn und töte die Lava Monster bevor sie wen töten( Grizzle oder so ist dabei wohl gestorben sagte Titanus, mehr als sorry sagen kann ich nicht ), ich wurde ja noch angegriffen, wurde dann von Titanus mehrfach getötet bis der Server runter gefahren wurde von ihm, er nahm mir alle sachen und bannte mich, ohne etwas zu schreiben :-( Mausi wurde dann auch mehrfach von einem anderen getötet, keiner wurde gebannt ausser mir :-( aber gut muss was Persönliches sein, warum weswegen auch immer... schade eigentlich... und extrem schade das die anderen nicht gebannt werden :-(

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Jul 25, 2014 14:46

Neto wrote:ich schreibs dann mal in Deutsch,

Mangelnde Sprachkenntnisse koennen natuerlich auch zu Missverstaendnissen beitragen. Ich versuche mich mal an einer Uebersetzung, auch wenn das schwierig ist.

Lack of language skill may contribute to misunderstandings. I'll try to translate, although translations are very difficult.
Neto wrote:ich schreibs dann mal in Deutsch,
ich wollte Gestern Nacht über den Spawn zum TNT Cafe gehen und wurde von 3 Leuten angegriffen, bin weg gesprungen wollte dabei essen damit ich nicht sterbe, hab mich aber verklickt und da waren 3 oder 4 Lava Monster ( ups mist passiert ) hab weil ich immernoch angegriffen wurde Mausi gesagt geh mal zu Spawn und töte die Lava Monster bevor sie wen töten( Grizzle oder so ist dabei wohl gestorben sagte Titanus, mehr als sorry sagen kann ich nicht ), ich wurde ja noch angegriffen, wurde dann von Titanus mehrfach getötet bis der Server runter gefahren wurde von ihm, er nahm mir alle sachen und bannte mich, ohne etwas zu schreiben :-( Mausi wurde dann auch mehrfach von einem anderen getötet, keiner wurde gebannt ausser mir :-( aber gut muss was Persönliches sein, warum weswegen auch immer... schade eigentlich... und extrem schade das die anderen nicht gebannt werden :-(

[Attempt at translation of what Neto wrote]
"I'm going to write in German.
Last night, I wanted to go to the TNT cafe via spawn and was attacked by 3 peope. I jumped away, and, while doing so, wanted to eat in order to avoid dying, but accidently clicked wrong and 3 or 4 lava monster appeared (damn!). Since I was still under attack, I asked Mausi to go to spawn and kill those lava mobs before they killed someone else (Grizzle or someone died through them according to Titanus; I'm very sorry about that!). I was still under attack, and then I was killed by Titanus several times until the server was shut down by him. He took all my items and banned me, without writing anything :-( Afterwards, Mausi was killed by someone else several times as well, but no one else but me was banned :-( I assume it has to be something personal, but I don't know why. It's a pity...and it's sad that the others where not banned as well :-("
[End of translation]

Please understand that the translation is as close as I may come to translating it, but there may very well be quite a lot of errors. The original posting was far more like spoken German than written Language.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Joshalopagus

In-game: joshalopagus

by Joshalopagus » Sun Jul 27, 2014 15:38

Did the Ip address change or is the server still not up?

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 17:18

Joshalopagus wrote:Did the Ip address change or is the server still not up?

I think it changed some time ago (in the list was a different one than in my client). (uncheck) The public list and choose Xanadu from there shuld do the trick.

Edit: Typo's

Joshalopagus

In-game: joshalopagus

by Joshalopagus » Sun Jul 27, 2014 20:26

I used the one line script to download minetest, and the public list is does not show up :/

Topywo

by Topywo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 07:55

Joshalopagus wrote:I used the one line script to download minetest, and the public list is does not show up :/

I use the instructions under the readme on the GitHub page to build minetest.

The adress that works for me:

Port: 30000

Edit: See also: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3837&p=149692#p149692

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58

Just so you know: Last night around midnight someone named "hanna" showed up on the Xanadu server. She said she was from Minecraft Planet and they were reviewing Minetest servers, and Xanadu was one of the servers that might make the review. She wanted to have an admin show her around and grant her fly so she could take good screenshots. There wasn't an admin on at the time and she seemed pretty disappointed. I don't think she cared much for walking.

She didn't sound like she was trying to scam anyone, in my opinion. She may be back on today to try and find an admin.

Casimir

by Casimir » Wed Jul 30, 2014 14:08

@Joshalopagus
In the cmake part of the script include -DENABLE_CURL=1

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 19:51

Some images I've collected from my recent tourism on the site:

Capital City, at (1265,0,-430)

Xanthin's Caravan Waypoint, at (1600,0,-430)

My own Space Station, at (100,150,100). Notice spawn in the background.

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 06:20

Next to the Space Station, is this 3:1 scale Klingon Cruiser:

Minetestforfun

GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 14:25

Hi TenPlus1,

Congratulation for your server verry funny and stable !

But i've some questions for you, i will open my own private server soon, and my friends(/girlfriend) want some animals in the server, i agree with they opinions, animals and monsters add life to the server :)

So, i tried your server. And your animals mods interresting me, your animals are very great !
So i installed them :
- KPG Mobs (Adds new animals like horses, deer, bees etc.)
- Simple Mobs (New API, mobs drop items and have knock-back when hit)
- ZMobs (minus Lava Temple)
But i've a lot of problems (couldn't find ... texture...), please, can you explain me how can i fix these problems ?

And if it's possible, please, can you explain me how did you add this monster ?
- Spider mob from Lord of the Test game added
(You take just a monster in the Lord of the Test game, it's amazing :D)

Thank you for your answers ! :)

(Sorry for my english, i tried to do my best)

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 16:20

Minetestforfun: you have to be more specific about the error that appeared when it couldn't find the texture file...

The mods that are installed on Xanadu are all customized to run on the server as well as different models and textures from the original...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 16:46

the protection mod you are using in Xanadu is really good. I especially like the ability to add someone else to the list of people who can modify an area.
My son and I are often online at different times and we had to come up with a creative solution to pass stuff back and forth. It got me thinking that it would be really cool if I could add someone else to a locked chest the same way I can add someone to a protection block.
I got to looking around, and it appears that Sokomine has already done this: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3653 with his "locks" mod.
Would this, or something like this, be practical in Xanadu?

And again, thanks for running such a great and fun server!

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 17:06

Thanks for the suggestion but I will not be adding any more mods at this time...

Use the protector mod to protect a building with steel doors that you and your son can access and have the chest stored inside that so no-one else can open it...

note: as of minetest 0.4.10 furnaces in protected areas can only be used by players on the protection block name list if that's any help...

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 17:15

TenPlus1 wrote:Minetestforfun: you have to be more specific about the error that appeared when it couldn't find the texture file...

The mods that are installed on Xanadu are all customized to run on the server as well as different models and textures from the original...

Ok, here is a screenshot of my errors, when the message "couldn't open file or texture" comes, the monster/animal doesn't appear, and sometimes the error doesn't appear and the monster/animal spawn... very strange...

my minetest server runs on version 0.4.1
Attachments
problems.png
screenshot of my errors
problems.png (20.55 KiB) Viewed 8282 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 17:22

Kilarin wrote:he protection mod you are using in Xanadu is really good

Good joke :-( My building got griefed due to not enough protectors spaced out throughout it. It is also extremly difficult to place protectors so that they don't conflict with sourrounding protectors.

The only positive thing that could be said about the protector mod (and - in some situations - that is a very big plus!) is that it is easy to handle for players. It is well suited for small/flat buildings of up to 10x10 nodes in each direction. Much more than that and it becomes obvious that the mod is not intended for serious building.

I guess it would be easy to add a special chest that takes into account who's allowed to edit the area. Could even work with diffrent protector mods. Landrush has such a shared chest, but I havn't checked how it operates internally. Given how much TenPlus1 added to Ethereal and Xanandu, it's not impossible that he might be convinced to program such a small chest himshelf. He's very good at obtaining/creating good textures, and that would be most of the work :-)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 18:18

The original simple_mobs mod has some texture references included in the object files that bring up those errors... everything still works but it displays an error in console... I removed the references on the server mod...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 18:21

TenPlus1 wrote:I will not be adding any more mods at this time...

I understand. Can't keep changing everything when you have it working the way you want.

TenPlus1 wrote:Use the protector mod to protect a building with steel doors that you and your son can access and have the chest stored inside that so no-one else can open it...

We worked up something similar to that.

TenPlus1 wrote:as of minetest 0.4.10 furnaces in protected areas can only be used by players on the protection block name list if that's any help...

Oh! I didn't realize that. That's nice to know. I'll quit worrying about leaving stuff in furnaces that people could take.

Thanks!

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Tue Aug 05, 2014 18:36

TenPlus1 wrote:The original simple_mobs mod has some texture references included in the object files that bring up those errors... everything still works but it displays an error in console... I removed the references on the server mod...

i've resolve the errors. (i've delete filename line in the mod_mob.x file for each monster, in the folder "model" in the mods)

TenPlus1 wrote:The mods that are installed on Xanadu are all customized to run on the server as well as different models and textures from the original...

Please, can you share the customization for these three mods in Xanadu ? If modifications has been made for a better synergy, im very interresting :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:59

At this point in time the modifications are for server use only so I cannot give away modified code...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 02:25

Sokomine wrote:It is also extremly difficult to place protectors so that they don't conflict with sourrounding protectors.

My only problem with the protector mod is that I buried several protectors, and now I need to find them again. I need a protector reveal device. :)

Skin question.
Is it acceptable to offer customized skins to be added to the list on Xanadu server? You've got a LOT of work to do maintaining and improving the server, so I completely understand if the answer is that you don't have time for that.

IF the answer to the above is yes, then, I know some of the servers offer the ability to have a personalized skin that only that one player can use. Or, if offering a skin, would it be better to make it generic and put it in the general list?

Thanks!

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 07:46

Holding a protection block or logo in your hand and using will show you if the area you are clicking on is currently protected, so you can use this information to track down errant blocks... It's up to the player to remember where they are placed...

My Simpe Skins mod already has a feature that allows for personal skins on server, this is only available to long time players on Xanadu though, post your skin and let me see...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:53

TenPlus1 wrote:Holding a protection block or logo in your hand and using will show you if the area you are clicking on is currently protected, so you can use this information to track down errant blocks... It's up to the player to remember where they are placed...

AHA! That will work for me to track down borders, which will show me where they are. Thank you!

TenPlus1 wrote:My Simpe Skins mod already has a feature that allows for personal skins on server, this is only available to long time players on Xanadu though, post your skin and let me see...

Thank you for considering it, and, of course, no offense if you say no:

Oh, and yet another stupid question. I ran into an area near my treehouse that looks like someone took a gaint knife and cut out a huge rectangle from the world. Mountains (well, big hills) sliced smoothly right in half.

Surely that didn't come "naturally" through the mapgen? Did Someone go through and carve that out by hand (pick and shovel) or have you used world edit to remove some chunks?

Just curious, it seemed a very unusual feature.
+ Spoiler

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29

Kilarin wrote:Just curious, it seemed a very unusual feature.

Seems like the mapgen changed there - or the seed - or both :/
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:42

Krock wrote:Seems like the mapgen changed there - or the seed - or both :/

How could you change the seed?
The floating treetops made me think it was more likely to be world edit than a change in mapgen, but Idunno.
Very strange landscape feature.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:46

Kilarin wrote:How could you change the seed?
The floating treetops made me think it was more likely to be world edit than a change in mapgen, but Idunno.
Very strange landscape feature.

It's very easy to change the seed in your world's config.

If the distance from one terrain change to the other is divisible by 16, then it was a mapgen change.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 13:39

Krock wrote:It's very easy to change the seed in your world's config.

Well, fascinating. I knew you could set the seed at world start, but I didn't know you could change it after it began without crashing things. Very interesting!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Aug 06, 2014 14:05

Kilarin wrote:Well, fascinating. I knew you could set the seed at world start, but I didn't know you could change it after it began without crashing things. Very interesting!

There are several spots like this on the Xanandu server. Might be the seed change that was already addressed, or TenPlus1' constant work and enriching of the code, or a bug somewhere. There is another server which runs under Freeminer and which has - due to its experimental mapgen - even worse problems: Entire chunks in an occean are...about 100 blocks deeper than the rest of the occean. Very chaotic :-) Still, all these servers have nice spots for building.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 15:21

Sokomine wrote: Still, all these servers have nice spots for building.

Actually, these shear walls make pretty interesting building spots. :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 16:16

Surprisingly not a seed change but part of the normal v7 mapgen which creates huge ridges and mountain regions, sometimes you get weird landscapes like this as a result...

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers