by firefox » Sun Jan 15, 2017 21:30

the framework for the long hall in Boreas Shrine

afflatus

GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

Re: Xanadu Server

by afflatus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:16

The Roller Ghoster is ready if anyone wants to try it out. This is just north of the Emporium - just follow the pink road until it runs out. I think I made the sign big enough. Comments and suggestions welcome. Not recommended for those of a nervous disposition or the faint of heart ;-)

Edit: coords -2700,15,800
Last edited by afflatus on Thu Jan 26, 2017 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Grailtest is sleeping ...

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Wed Jan 25, 2017 18:27

afflatus wrote:Image

The Roller Ghoster is ready if anyone wants to try it out. This is just north of the Emporium - just follow the pink road until it runs out. I think I made the sign big enough. Comments and suggestions welcome. Not recommended for those of a nervous disposition or the faint of heart ;-)

great, i did multiple rounds =(^.^)=

auouymous

GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Wed Jan 25, 2017 23:02

afflatus wrote:The Roller Ghoster is ready if anyone wants to try it out.

Good job, its too bad carts don't change the player orientation to match direction. And nice place next to the roller ghoster.

kano

In-game: kano

by kano » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:35

hello,we have a problem with a player,i need some mod or an admin who speak spanish for tell the problem more better.my english is poor,please,before ill lost my account

thank you

teneighty

In-game: teneighty

by teneighty » Thu Jan 26, 2017 15:01

Finished some infrastructure on the other side of the stargate

An interesting spot, now more accessible

ufa

by ufa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 23:25

Hi,
I saw that some inactive accounts were wiped out.
Is it possible to re-enable 2 of them? They used to play with me.
I'm still an active player btw

Miguu

IRC: Miguu
In-game: Miguu

BUG: Instant and unexplained deaths

by Miguu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 01:50

I need help:
When I connect to the server (and go 3 times that happens), I die instantly without anyone or anything doing anything to me, and for long periods of time I can not move and do not load things, I do not see anything; Today when trying to enter the server, I appeared in the "punishment room" under the spawn, I do not know why; I try to talk through the chat, but it seems that nobody hears me (or they do not see me), I also do not see the conversations of the chat, and when passing next to me, it seems that they do not see to me, as if it were invisible. I need help, because I do not know what is happening and I have lost many things in those strange inexplicable and instantaneous deaths.
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth
-"One Hundred Years of Solitude"

firefox

Re: BUG: Instant and unexplained deaths

by firefox » Wed Feb 08, 2017 07:25

Miguu wrote:I need help:
When I connect to the server (and go 3 times that happens), I die instantly without anyone or anything doing anything to me, and for long periods of time I can not move and do not load things, I do not see anything; Today when trying to enter the server, I appeared in the "punishment room" under the spawn, I do not know why; I try to talk through the chat, but it seems that nobody hears me (or they do not see me), I also do not see the conversations of the chat, and when passing next to me, it seems that they do not see to me, as if it were invisible. I need help, because I do not know what is happening and I have lost many things in those strange inexplicable and instantaneous deaths.

there is no "punishment room" under the spawn.
that is the place with the 0,0,0 coordinates. every player gets there on log-in and is then transported to spawn or their last location when they logout.
sometimes, when the lag factor is high, this will take longer and players are stuck there.
to prevent death from suffocation, that place was holed out to a nicely decorated room.
there are also signs on the wall explaining the situation. even if the visible text does not load, you can read them by pointing at them.
just wait a little and you will get out of there.
=(^.^)=

if you die, your screen should display the death message and show the respawn button.
clicking it will revive you at spawn or the last bed you slept in.
if this is not the case, you didn't die.
what you described sounds more like the "waiting room".

did this happen at different times or on the same day?
durig the last week, the server was lag-free and apparently there were no problems.

ufa

by ufa » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:12

TenPlus1 wrote:Any account that has been /limited will have all privs revoked and that account cannot log back into server anymore, so I'll check your account and see what privs you do have and what you may be missing ( what is your name on server ? ).

Hi Ten,
can you restore dragoa and nature_dragon? I believe that they were wrong limited.

afflatus

GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 09:34

What version client are you using Miguu? Your player is failing to properly emerge into the world. This might not have anything to do with the server and I guess is a problem with your client. Underspawning could also be a result of lag in your connection.
Grailtest is sleeping ...

Miguu

by Miguu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 03:31

firefox wrote:

there is no "punishment room" under the spawn.
that is the place with the 0,0,0 coordinates. every player gets there on log-in and is then transported to spawn or their last location when they logout.
sometimes, when the lag factor is high, this will take longer and players are stuck there.
to prevent death from suffocation, that place was holed out to a nicely decorated room.
there are also signs on the wall explaining the situation. even if the visible text does not load, you can read them by pointing at them.
just wait a little and you will get out of there.
=(^.^)=

if you die, your screen should display the death message and show the respawn button.
clicking it will revive you at spawn or the last bed you slept in.
if this is not the case, you didn't die.
what you described sounds more like the "waiting room".

did this happen at different times or on the same day?
durig the last week, the server was lag-free and apparently there were no problems.

Yes, firefox, That happened in different days, and yes I died, because a message appeared in the chat that indicated it, I appeared in the last place where I slept, but I lost my things.
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth

Miguu

by Miguu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 03:33

afflatus wrote:

What version client are you using Miguu? Your player is failing to properly emerge into the world. This might not have anything to do with the server and I guess is a problem with your client. Underspawning could also be a result of lag in your connection.

I use the latest version of Minetest, if that's what you mean.

twoelk

by twoelk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 04:56

latest stable (0.4.15 of several weeks ago) or
latest dev (possibly only some hours old)
?

Miguu

by Miguu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 05:56

The Minetest version I use is 0.4.15

kano

In-game: kano

by kano » Sat Feb 11, 2017 06:10

hello,i have a problem with my account "kano" when i try to login the server send an error that says "another client is connected with this name.if your client closed unexpectedly,try again in a minute"

thanks

the problem has been solved,thank you

Bobr

by Bobr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 01:49

Can in. Come back yet

Phoen

by Phoen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 14:45

Hello!

I know this theme was talked several times, but I wish to know about the laws in Xanadu. The point is to know what have permission, what don't have permission, and wich punishments are applied:
a) Attacks to Public no protected areas (publics farms, publics mines, roads)
b) Use of Air-Space for construct and Shadow treatments
c) Assesination of Players without agreement of this (in protected areas and not protected)
d) Theft of articles when two players interchange items, by a third player
e) False offering for intentional deceive in items interchange

I consider the two first points are debatables. The third merits Banning. Fourth and fifth are solutionable with a better system of interchange. Sorry for my old man's stories but when I played Shaiya (an MMORPG) the articles could be interchanged with a system of one window with two fields (one for each player) where the items were placed. When the players put the item, they have a button "ok". When the "ok" is pressed for BOTH players, they can't to move the item of interchange window, and the button dissapears and next appears two: "Accept" and "Cancel". This system is very secure for avoid thefts situations.
Thanks for read

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 17:03

We have a huge rule board at spawn area written in different languages, but usually breaking any of the rules will result in the account being limited (privs removed), in which case you have three chances (accounts) before the final ban.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Mon Feb 13, 2017 17:18

The anti-drop theft idea seems cool though. Maybe you could add a system where who picks up who's drop is tracked and sent to the dropping player.

Miguu

Anti-theft system

by Miguu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 18:52

I think your ideas about an anti-theft system are very good, but keep in mind that this would require several hours (or even days) of work and programming by Ten and Shinji, unless, of course, they know of some mod already In which case their proposals would be fully feasible

firefox

by firefox » Tue Feb 14, 2017 08:03

you could use a Shared Chest to avoid theft from 3rd party sides ;)

dropping items in the middle of the spawn area is always a bad idea.

Miguu

Bug (again)

by Miguu » Wed Feb 15, 2017 16:58

I died (again) for a bug while walking, I was exploring, I had only 3 hearts of life and unexpectedly I sank underground and I died, I lost all my inventory D: I had many things, including: a penguin, several batches of stone brick and obsidian glass, sand and a lava spike, plus all the crystal tools, and I do not know why it happened :(

PD: The coordinates were: 218, -14.5, -141

Phoen

Re: Anti-theft system

by Phoen » Wed Feb 15, 2017 17:36

Miguu wrote:I think your ideas about an anti-theft system are very good, but keep in mind that this would require several hours (or even days) of work and programming by Ten and Shinji, unless, of course, they know of some mod already In which case their proposals would be fully feasible

I know that. Sorry for that. If I could, I'd programm it myself, but I suspect my sad training in Pseudocode and Fortran 77 is not enough for this beautiful game with many objects, textures, events, arrays and... well, you know :)
I'm proud of be a citizen in Xanadu. Thanks to everybody for all your efforts (except the vandals -_- )

firefox

Re: Bug (again)

by firefox » Wed Feb 15, 2017 20:14

Miguu wrote:I died (again) for a bug while walking, I was exploring, I had only 3 hearts of life and unexpectedly I sank underground and I died, I lost all my inventory D: I had many things, including: a penguin, several batches of stone brick and obsidian glass, sand and a lava spike, plus all the crystal tools, and I do not know why it happened :(

PD: The coordinates were: 218, -14.5, -141

that is a building made by xven =(^.^)=
screenshot_20170215_211228.png
screenshot_20170215_211228.png (841.59 KiB) Viewed 8437 times

it used to have climbable vines, but for some reason they are gone now.
looks like it was turned into a trap :P

auouymous

GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Wed Feb 15, 2017 20:19

Miguu wrote:I sank underground and I died

Next time something weird happens, press / and quickly type spawn, then press enter key.

firefox

by firefox » Wed Feb 15, 2017 20:32

auouymous wrote:
Miguu wrote:I sank underground and I died

Next time something weird happens, press / and quickly type spawn, then press enter key.

xven's place to shallow to do that before hitting the ground.
normally it's not deep enough to die, but if you have low health and no armor it might finish you off :P

firefox

by firefox » Sun Feb 19, 2017 20:49

progress on Boreas Shrine: the gates

Zlo

In-game: Zlo

Coolstorms City

by Zlo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 08:25

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Fri Feb 24, 2017 20:28

Aww, photo captured of Titanic romance on edge of tall building roof instead of a ship.
I hope your guys hearts will go on and on ♪ ♫♪ ♫.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers