[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

sandrik

by sandrik » Tue Jul 16, 2013 07:50

Same to me !

09:43:28: ACTION[ServerThread]: Bic_world joins game. List of players: Bic_world
Font size: 8 17
trying to find path to: (-355.51699829102,15,462.91000366211)
09:44:13: ACTION[ServerThread]: Bic_world leaves game. List of players:
09:44:13: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ...\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\mobf/mgen_pathbased/main.lua:248: bad argument #5 to 'find_path' (string expected, got no value)
09:44:13: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

:-(

Please help

incentive

by incentive » Sun Jul 21, 2013 09:13

Just tried it out in singleplayer with 0.4.7. Works superbly!

pingpong2012, 2232, sandrik: What errors are those that you are getting? I mean the mod framework works, so what is the problem for you? Does the mod framework not even load for you?

by 2232 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 13:56

I'm fine for a few minutes, but when I walk up to a mob, it's usually at that time that it crashes. :-/
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

by 2232 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:09

incentive wrote:Just tried it out in singleplayer with 0.4.7. Works superbly!

pingpong2012, 2232, sandrik: What errors are those that you are getting? I mean the mod framework works, so what is the problem for you? Does the mod framework not even load for you?

I'm fine for a few minutes, but when I walk up to a mob, it's usually at that time that it crashes. :-/
[EDIT:] It seems that it only occurs at night fall. If I disable and re-enable the mod, it is good until night fall.
Last edited by 2232 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

nikminers

by nikminers » Mon Jul 22, 2013 20:18

Anybody know how I can set this mod so I can drop/place infinite animals. Really annoying having to go back to the creative inventory every time I place an animal.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Jul 23, 2013 00:12

All you need is the name of the animal for /giveme. One example would be /giveme animal_cow:cow 9999
A list of my mods can be found here.

robotest

by robotest » Tue Jul 23, 2013 00:13

Also, you can give yourself 2 of the spawned item.
Having a stack of more than 1 node or item in the creative inventory can let you place that node forever

nikminers

by nikminers » Tue Jul 23, 2013 22:36

K, thanks much! I have 1 last question, a little off-topic. How do I set sunlight to propagate? I figured it out in MT 0.4.4, but now I can't find it in 4.7, and don't remember where the setting was in 4.4.

Willabee

by Willabee » Wed Jul 24, 2013 03:52

Having the same problem!

ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step':
...\mods\animals_modpack-2.1.2\mobf/mgen_pathbased/main.lua:248 bad argumant #5
to 'find_path' (string expected, got no value)

I think it has something to do with the Vombies. It only happened when I was near them, and when I disabled them it worked fine. However, it left a "unknown item" drop... I'm hoping you'll address this soon! But regardless of that minor flaw, this is GREAT :D Thank you :D

222jkm

by 222jkm » Thu Jul 25, 2013 20:04

How do I use the barns?????? Anyone??

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jul 25, 2013 20:52

Place leaves in them and make sure some animals are nearby. They'll eat the leaves and produce offspring (provided they can - not all animals are capable of that).
A list of my mods can be found here.

nikminers

by nikminers » Sat Jul 27, 2013 23:20

I quit using this mod, it ruined one of my worlds. I'm only getting a pathetic 3-5fps and I'm using a laptop with 8gb ddr3 ram, a 1gb gddr3 vid chip, and a phenom2 x4 @2.1ghz. I removed the mod but now I have no way of getting rid of unknown entities because I can't use that stupid unknown removal mod. Sapier, you really need to include something in your glitched mod to remove EVERYTHING this mod adds to worlds. That or make a useful unknown removal mod with a simple console command such as //remove unknown= all

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sat Jul 27, 2013 23:22

nikminers, /grant singleplayer server, then /clearobjects

It clears DROPPED ITEMS as well as ENTITIES as the ones you are describing.

/clearobjects may take a while so you can pop the kettle on and basically make a drink while you wait, it does take it's time for some worlds, your mileage may vary.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

nikminers

by nikminers » Sun Jul 28, 2013 08:23

Jordach wrote:nikminers, /grant singleplayer server, then /clearobjects

It clears DROPPED ITEMS as well as ENTITIES as the ones you are describing.

/clearobjects may take a while so you can pop the kettle on and basically make a drink while you wait, it does take it's time for some worlds, your mileage may vary.

Thanks, I was entirely unaware of this. I was searching for a few days and never managed to find anything past some obscure, command-line-intensive mod I could never use. Perhaps this should be included somewhere in the description of this mod for newbies such as myself? Also, does this only clear unknown objects or everything I placed?
Last edited by nikminers on Sun Jul 28, 2013 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

sapier

by sapier » Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:02

@nikminers you can also use gui to remove all entites without loosing all objects but of course you need mobf to be installed until all enities are removed

@all mobf 2.2 release is delayed due to minetest core missing features required for development branch ...
if pilzadam keeps only merging what he needs for his mods this may take a while
Last edited by sapier on Wed Jul 31, 2013 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

Purrune

by Purrune » Wed Aug 07, 2013 20:01

saiper i have a glich look for it in bugs and problems.

hammergil

by hammergil » Tue Aug 13, 2013 00:17

nice mod, i am a little confused on how to lasso the sheep however. when i try to lasso a sheep, it sheers it. if i right click with the lasso, it kills the sheep. am i missing something?

sapier

by sapier » Sun Aug 18, 2013 17:08

I've just labeled first preview version of upcoming mobf release, 2.1.80 is ready for testing.

Main improovements:
-way more smart probabilistic movement gen
-automatic movedir facing
-faction support (gui still missing)
-new settings menu (call by /mobf)
-profiling support (requires socket lua addon)
-some fixes from issues list

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 19:44

I just tested animals_modpack-mobf_2_2_dev a bit on minetest 0.4.7 stable.

When rightclicking on Chicken, Clownfish, Cow, Deer, Blue white fish, Gull, Rat, Sheep, Tamed Wolf, NPC or Ostrich I get the following error:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
20:32:15: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_rightclick': ...\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-mobf_2_2_dev\mobf/debug.lua:432: attempt to index field 'attention' (a nil value)
20:32:15: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

When rightclicking on Big Red, BoomBoom, Dungeonmaster, Vombie, Archer, Oerkki or Slime I get the following error:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
20:54:23: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_rightclick': ...\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-mobf_2_2_dev\mobf/debug.lua:434: attempt to index field 'most_relevant_target' (a nil value)
20:54:23: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

When rightclicking on Wolf, Guard, NPC Trader there's no error.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

sapier

by sapier » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45

thanks for reporting this issue I'm gonna fix it as soon as possible

Azvael

by Azvael » Wed Aug 21, 2013 06:52

Hi!

I'm running this mod without problems until I encounter a hostile mob at night. The game crashes and I get the following error:

ServerError: LuaError: error running fuction 'on_step':
/user/share/minetest/bultin/depreciated.lua:41: bad argument #6 to 'func' (string expected, got no value)

The crash occurs once I get close (don't know how close exactly) of a hostile mob at night.

Minetest 0.4.7 on Ubuntu 13.04

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S.

Sapier, thank you for creating this amazing mod. :)

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 09:17

Azvael wrote:Hi!

I'm running this mod without problems until I encounter a hostile mob at night.

This sounds familiar.
If it is the same error as I had a while ago this happens with the vombie.
In that case I would disable the spawning of vombies until the next update of this mod (in the development version I didn't have this error).

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Azvael

by Azvael » Wed Aug 21, 2013 16:20

Mossmanikin wrote:
Azvael wrote:Hi!

I'm running this mod without problems until I encounter a hostile mob at night.

This sounds familiar.
If it is the same error as I had a while ago this happens with the vombie.
In that case I would disable the spawning of vombies until the next update of this mod (in the development version I didn't have this error).

Thank you for your help. i'll do as you suggest.

sapier

by sapier » Wed Aug 21, 2013 18:48

I just added a FAQ section to wiki on github if you know about questions of common interest plz help me add them.
https://github.com/sapier/animals_modpack/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions

jasminemolock

by jasminemolock » Fri Aug 23, 2013 20:28

How Do i get Off The Ostrich im Kinda Stuck

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 13:24

Please work with Mossmannikin and add support for his fishing mod. Each mod should be able to detect each other. This mod should only have to detect if a bobber is in the water and then the fish behave differently. For example:
  • Once a bobber is in the water, a fish should spawn within 10 nodes.
    It will still have random movement at that point, but it should have a higher probability of moving toward the nodes directly beneath the bobber.
    Anytime the fish is directly beneath the bobber, it will have a certain percentage of stealing the bait, meaning it will go back to moving completely randomly and can't be hooked.
    If under the bobber it will also have a certain percentage chance of being hooked.
    If it is hooked the fish will move away from the player and down and drag the bobber under the water. But the fish can only go a small distance away from the bobber (say 3-4 nodes away from the bobber)
    The player then can reel the fish in by using the scroll wheel on the mouse which will bring the bobber and thus the attached fish closer and closer to the player and the bobber up.
    Once the fish is touching the player, it disappears from the world and appears in the players inventory with a message that the fish has been caught.

Even if only some of this could be implemented together it would be awesome!
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Aug 24, 2013 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 14:13

Neuromancer wrote:Please work with Mossmannikin and add support for his fishing mod. Each mod should be able to detect each other. This mod should only have to detect if a bobber is in the water and then the fish behave differently. For example:
  • Once a bobber is in the water, a fish should spawn within 10 nodes.
    It will still have random movement at that point, but it should have a higher probability of moving toward the nodes directly beneath the bobber.
    Anytime the fish is directly beneath the bobber, it will have a certain percentage of stealing the bait, meaning it will go back to moving completely randomly and can't be hooked.
    If under the bobber it will also have a certain percentage chance of being hooked.
    If it is hooked the fish will move away from the player and down and drag the bobber under the water. But the fish can only go a small distance away from the bobber (say 3-4 nodes away from the bobber)
    The player then can reel the fish in by using the scroll wheel on the mouse which will bring the bobber and thus the attached fish closer and closer to the player and the bobber up.
    Once the fish is touching the player, it disappears from the world and appears in the players inventory with a message that the fish has been caught.

Even if only some of this could be implemented together it would be awesome!

I love your idea! :)

@ sapier: if you're willing to collaborate and you have time for it, let me know. :)

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 14:19

Here's some other stuff, maybe have a splashing sound if the fish gets near the surface or when it is pulled out of the water. Or better still, have the fish be able to jump 1 node out of the water with a splashing sound, and have a chance of "throwing the hook" or becoming unhooked when jumping. Feel free to use splashing sounds from ambience immersive sounds mod.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Aug 24, 2013 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 14:34

Neuromancer wrote:Here's some other stuff, maybe have a splashing sound if the fish gets near the surface or when it is pulled out of the water. Or better still, have the fish be able to jump 1 node out of the water with a splashing sound, and have a chance of "throwing the hook" or becoming unhooked when jumping. Feel free to use splashing sounds from ambience immersive sounds mod.

Yeah, jumping fish would be cool.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 17:09

Some random thoughts:
*So is the only way to get a bone to tame a wolf by killing a vombie?
*Boombombs/creepers are causing the game to crash. Even with the latest dev version.
*Why do bigred's never appear? All that ever spawns for me are boatloads of vombies and regular animals.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases