[Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Wed May 22, 2013 02:42

This is because the old recipes are no longer valid - to make a stair, slab, etc. use the circular saw.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Wed May 22, 2013 02:44

VanessaE wrote:This is because the old recipes are no longer valid - to make a stair, slab, etc. use the circular saw.

I would have thought that would merely make it where there was no recipe at all? Instead of creating invisible unknown blocks that do not even create the unknown item block?

But yeah, I totally blanked on the fact I don't really need the old recipe anymore... Speaking of which... Is there a summary of the recipes for these mods? Or do I need the recipe mod for that? :-D
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

qznc

by qznc » Wed May 22, 2013 07:55

If I add moreblocks (github HEAD e48d33808822e2a3cb7feb39450a6d6bc099afb6) to my game "famish" it crashes minetest:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
minetest: COpenGLDriver.cpp:2475: bool irr::video::COpenGLDriver::testGLError(): Assertion `!(true)' failed.
fish: Job 1, “../../bin/minetest” terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

Using minetest 0.4.6 stable on Fedora 18 64bit self-compiled using the irrlicht18 package.
Last edited by qznc on Wed May 22, 2013 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Wed May 22, 2013 10:06

What's your graphics card and driver?

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
lspci | grep VGA

will tell you the graphics card.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Wed May 22, 2013 13:35

shane: actually there's no clear way to entirely delete a recipe, so it's been changed to just result in a "nothing" object.

Personally, I think it should be changed to just return the objects you put into the grid. E.g. six stone in the old stair pattern should just give back 6 stone.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Wed May 22, 2013 13:37

VanessaE wrote:shane: actually there's no clear way to entirely delete a recipe, so it's been changed to just result in a "nothing" object.

Personally, I think it should be changed to just return the objects you put into the grid. E.g. six stone in the old stair pattern should just give back 6 stone.

Oh that's interesting. Ok, thanks. Helps me understand.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

qznc

by qznc » Wed May 22, 2013 15:32

Calinou wrote:What's your graphics card and driver?

lspci | grep VGA

Card: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M]
Driver: nvidia-304.88

Calinou

by Calinou » Wed May 22, 2013 16:56

qznc wrote:
Calinou wrote:What's your graphics card and driver?

lspci | grep VGA

Card: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M]
Driver: nvidia-304.88

Hmm, weird, I don't get that issue and I also have a NVIDIA card and proprietary driver. It seems to be graphics-related (see the GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY).

Are you using latest Git or 0.4.6?

addi

by addi » Sat Jul 20, 2013 18:35

hi,

1. would you re adding the craft rezips for the stairs and slaps again, please?
not to the microblocks, only for stairs and slaps.

2. something with the wood slaps/panels is now wrong after a update to the "less node version"
Before the update:
after the update:

3. the "replace unknown blocks after update with a correct rotated version of the new one" of some microblocks dose not work correctly

before:

after:

it would be good if you can do that.
thanks
addi

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 13:53

Hybrid Dog wrote:don't trust the moreblocks mod...

+1 :-P
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 07:27

I found an error on line 181 of the crafting.lua in the more blocks mod. To make iron stone bricks, you combine default:steel_ingot with default:stone_brick and there is no default:stone_brick. I think you wanted default:stonebrick instead.

Calinou

by Calinou » Thu Aug 01, 2013 09:05

LionsDen wrote:I found an error on line 181 of the crafting.lua in the more blocks mod. To make iron stone bricks, you combine default:steel_ingot with default:stone_brick and there is no default:stone_brick. I think you wanted default:stonebrick instead.

Fixed, thanks for reporting.
Last edited by Calinou on Thu Aug 01, 2013 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

ak399g

In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Mon Aug 05, 2013 23:11

When I try to craft a whole bunch of stairs out of moreblocks blocks, eg Circle Stone Brick, Stone Tile, Cactus Checker, Iron Stone... they all give me unknown objects without a texture.
Or is that just supposed to be like that, due to the circular saw? (which works fine) It's just that if I accidentally craft an unknown object, I can't undo that, and it's just annoying.
Last edited by ak399g on Mon Aug 05, 2013 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
aka SAFR

PenguinDad

GitHub: PenguinDad
IRC: PenguinDad GhostDoge
In-game: PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 08:02

ak399g wrote:When I try to craft a whole bunch of stairs out of moreblocks blocks, eg Circle Stone Brick, Stone Tile, Cactus Checker, Iron Stone... they all give me unknown objects without a texture.
Or is that just supposed to be like that, due to the circular saw? (which works fine) It's just that if I accidentally craft an unknown object, I can't undo that, and it's just annoying.

You have to make the stairs and slabs with the circular saw.
<Cyndra> Programming properly in C++ feels like putting together a jigsaw puzzle
<Cyndra> where the peices don't fit and the picture doesn't matter.

Calinou

by Calinou » Tue Aug 06, 2013 08:22

ak399g wrote:When I try to craft a whole bunch of stairs out of moreblocks blocks, eg Circle Stone Brick, Stone Tile, Cactus Checker, Iron Stone... they all give me unknown objects without a texture.

Intended, you are supposed to use the circular saw.

2014-08-06: not anymore, if you're reading this post.

ak399g

In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Fri Sep 06, 2013 03:08

How would I add blocks from other mods to the list of blocks supported by stairs and the circular saw? For example, add mithril_block from the moreores mod.
aka SAFR

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 20:03

I found a bug in the latest stable download, running Minetest 0.4.7:
Attempting to craft a cobble slab (three cobble across), I get no texture in the preview of the crafting screen. When actually crafting the item, the error comes back as
ACTION[ServerThread]: player singleplayer crafts moreblocks:nothing
The item attempts to be placable, registering this error when placed and then disappears:
ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer uses moreblocks:nothing, pointing at [node under=-2,2,0 above=-2,3,0]

My directory structure is:
/usr/local/share/minetest/games/minetest/mods/moreblocks/
> aliases.lua
> circular_saw.lua
> _config.txt
> crafting.lua
> depends.txt
> init.lua
> locale
=> ...
> stairsplus
=> aliases.lua
=> microblocks.lua
=> panels.lua
=> slabs.lua
=> stairs.lua
> textures
=> ...
Last edited by Neon on Thu Sep 12, 2013 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 20:06

Neon wrote:I found a bug in the latest stable download, running Minetest 0.4.7:
Attempting to craft a cobble slab (three cobble across), I get no texture in the preview of the crafting screen. When actually crafting the item, the error comes back as
ACTION[ServerThread]: player singleplayer crafts moreblocks:nothing
The item attempts to be placable, registering this error when placed and then disappears:
ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer uses moreblocks:nothing, pointing at [node under=-2,2,0 above=-2,3,0]

If this is the same 'bug' as found on the landrush server, (and expecting that i did not missunderstood you), this post at the beginning of this page is the answer:

PenguinDad wrote:

You have to make the stairs and slabs with the circular saw.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

Neon

In-game: Neon

by Neon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 21:49

fairiestoy wrote:If this is the same 'bug' as found on the landrush server, (and expecting that i did not missunderstood you), this post at the beginning of this page is the answer:

Hmm. this must have been changed in the mod at some point. I know that on other servers (not just landrush), a saw was not needed for creating slabs. Hmm. What can we do to disable this "normal crafting" situation (vice the sawing situation), since it's apparently buggy now?

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 01:48

You could prevend this mod from overwriting the default recipes. For example the slabs within moreblocks/stairsplus/slabs.lua
starting at line 118:
    -- Unregister default recipes

minetest.register_craft({
            output = "moreblocks:nothing 1",
            recipe = {
           {recipeitem, recipeitem, recipeitem},
           },
       })

Just comment this out (its the first solution i saw when taking a quick look). Therefore i cannot give any garantuee for this solution.
Also within the stairs.lua (same directory) beginning in line 228 there is something similiar. That should stop the redefinition of this recipes.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

hallo

by hallo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 18:36

hello i don´t know how i install mods wher can help me

Calinou

by Calinou » Tue Sep 17, 2013 19:32

Stair/slab crafting enabled by default; there is now a setting for disallowing stair/slab crafting.

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:53

can you add wool&bookshelf compatibility to the saw for more colours. (i use the saw to make tardis consoles)
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 13:57

Gloopblocks mod has wool stairs/etc. (But it doen't do bookshelves)

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Sat Oct 12, 2013 20:08

thank you i am now starting work on 12 extra themes for my tardis (these will be only examples and will not function like the current) plus i will add some more art(no one has volunteered any art for me to share :( if you have any ideas for art please share
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Nightshade

by Nightshade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 22:09

I can't seem to make rope, for some odd reason. I stick 3 leaf blocks in vertically, and nothing shows up in the output box.

fgr

by fgr » Fri Nov 01, 2013 21:20

Hey Calinou,

is there an option to disable the humble stupidness with the screwdriver? I am not playing minetest to get a feeling being part of "Tool time" to rotate slabs or anything else. Even it isn't a medieval tool, so we cant build up medieval without it. Could you please change this behavior or just split it with screw driver or without cuz its really annoying!

Thanks for reading.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Nov 03, 2013 03:02

Use my replacer mod. That helps at least when you want to set up more than one node with the same orientation. There's also a command inside stairsplus/moreblocks to change the orientation afaik.

I usually place the first slab/panel by using a helper node (i.e. a glass block placed above the node for fixing a panel to the ceiling; one behind the node for wall-mounted) and only use the screwdriver when that fails. All further nodes are placed with the replacer.

There was a time/version when using moreblocks/stairsplus became very annoying because it was close to impossible to place slabs and panels the way you wanted. The current version works quite well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

addi

by addi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 17:14

i think the horizontal tree is obselete, since in minetest 0.4.8 are the tree rotated by 6dfacedir.

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 17:31

addi wrote:i think the horizontal tree is obselete, since in minetest 0.4.8 are the tree rotated by 6dfacedir.
^ /me did that
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases