[Mod] Simple Mobs [mobs]

Linuxdirk

GitHub: dsohler
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: [Mod] Simple Mobs [mobs]

by Linuxdirk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 21:53

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but is it that I can kill the mobs with one hit with a Mese pickaxe? (And why aren’t they jumping to reach me?)

Link to the correct time position of one of my LP videos talking about that fact and demonstrating it in German

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Tue Feb 17, 2015 08:44

Linuxdirk wrote:Maybe I’m doing something wrong but is it that I can kill the mobs with one hit with a Mese pickaxe? (And why aren’t they jumping to reach me?)

Link to the correct time position of one of my LP videos talking about that fact and demonstrating it in German

I have noticed that to, it seems the code is rather random on whether or not they are aggressive.

I would try out TenPlus1's Mobs Redo mob, he tweaked the code and they work really great!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 14:53

I just started the game again and now it’s even possible to simply punch them once with bare hands to make them instantly disappear.

I think I’ll address that again in my next video (released today or tomorrow) :)

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Feb 21, 2015 16:48

Linuxdirk wrote:I just started the game again and now it’s even possible to simply punch them once with bare hands to make them instantly disappear.

I think I’ll address that again in my next video (released today or tomorrow) :)

By chance is creative mode checked as well?

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 19:57

maikerumine wrote:By chance is creative mode checked as well?

Haha great :) TIL: Creative Mode isn’t stored on world-basis but generally :D

But mobs still disappear when hitting them once with a tool or weapon.

qyron

by qyron » Sun Mar 15, 2015 18:10

Is this mod still being supported?

I've tried to add it to my game and it won't work due to a mod error.

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 20:43

qyron wrote:Is this mod still being supported?

I've tried to add it to my game and it won't work due to a mod error.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9917
My Mods:

Beverage

Soudon

In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 21:07

was wondering how I would go about increasing the spawnrate of the mobs I read the first post and I looked at the init.lua. But I can't figure out how to increase the rate, for me I rarely see any mobs even sheep are scarce. So I would like to increase the rate if possible.

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 21:19

mobs:register_spawn(name, nodes, max_light, min_light, chance, active_object_count, max_height)

Look at values called chance and active_object_count wich are 9000 and 1 below.

mobs:register_spawn("mobs:sheep", {"default:dirt_with_grass"}, 20, 8, 9000, 1, 31000)
My Mods:

Beverage

Soudon

by Soudon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 22:05

mahmutelmas06 wrote:mobs:register_spawn(name, nodes, max_light, min_light, chance, active_object_count, max_height)

Look at values called chance and active_object_count wich are 9000 and 1 below.

mobs:register_spawn("mobs:sheep", {"default:dirt_with_grass"}, 20, 8, 9000, 1, 31000)

yea I kinda figured it out just after posting, thanks for the quick reply though.

Soudon

by Soudon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 17:57

Ok so I changed the 9000 and 1 around to 150000 1, 1 and 1, 1 and 15000 etc... doesnt effect anything at all.

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Fri Oct 02, 2015 01:22

Soudon wrote:Ok so I changed the 9000 and 1 around to 150000 1, 1 and 1, 1 and 15000 etc... doesnt effect anything at all.

Did you wait for the spawn cycle or go to an ungenerated area of the map?
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Soudon

by Soudon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 03:49

I hadnt but since I have

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Fri Oct 02, 2015 04:02

Soudon wrote:I hadnt but since I have

Did it help?
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Soudon

by Soudon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 04:45

Yes it did help they have the correct textures. Thank You.

New Problem: I had to go to minetest/game/minetest_game/mods/default/models/ to get the character.x file copied it renamed it to mobs_sand_monster.x then opened up a png of a zombie that was 512x512 resized the canvas to 512x256 saved it and the mobs_sand_monster.x to mods/mobs/models. Now the texture does work it covers the "sand monster" with the zombie texture. however they fall through the ground and only from the waist up is above ground. I messed with the visible size x and y in the init.lua but regardless they still clip through whatever block they are on. I have a feeling it is a simple fix but I just cannot figure it out.

Well I solved the problem I took the character.blend file from the mods/default/models into blender saw the z axis was set to -10 changed it to 0 then exported the .x and overwrote mobs_sand_monster.x with it and now they no longer clip through the ground. Just in case anyone else wanted to know how to do it.

Soudon

by Soudon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 05:31

Now for some dumb reason I can't hit any mobs.

Well I can but have to be on top of them which line in collisionbox do I change for that.

Soudon

by Soudon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 02:24

ok trying to add a mob to this I simply copy pasted the code from dirt monster and then renamed it to zombie as I'm adding just a zombie changed all the names pointed it to both my .x and .png. but I keep getting luaentity no defined when in game I can't find where to define it I looked at the api.lua but didnt find anything.

Soudon

by Soudon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 02:50

I'm just going to stop posting. everytime I do five minutes later I figure it out. like in this case with the png file i forgot to name mobs_zombie, I had it as mob_zombie. one freaking letter.

Soudon

by Soudon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 06:48

alright so my sand_monster is fine, now my dirt_monster I can see but once I get close it disappears any have any ideas?

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Oct 03, 2015 07:22

Soudon wrote:I'm just going to stop posting.

Soudon wrote:alright so my sand_monster is fine, now my dirt_monster I can see but once I get close it disappears any have any ideas?

They die when it's too bright, read this wiki article.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Soudon

by Soudon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 08:51

Krock wrote:
Soudon wrote:I'm just going to stop posting.

Soudon wrote:alright so my sand_monster is fine, now my dirt_monster I can see but once I get close it disappears any have any ideas?

They die when it's too bright, read this wiki article.

Oh duh yea light damage was set to 2 on them, set it to 0 all is fine thanks. It was too obvious of an answer lol.

Soudon

by Soudon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 05:21

Ok as I had stated before I use the character.x file to get my textures to work with the mobs now I have one problem the animation that the character has the mob does not use. How can I make the mob have the same animation as my character?

Merlin

GitHub: sct-0
In-game: my

by Merlin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:02

Found what I was looking for in the api, nothing to see here...

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 01:39

Ok so I've played with lua but changing the min light, max light doesnt really do anything what can I set it at that they will spawn no matter what, the light level is?

MangleFox70

GitHub: Cat5TV
IRC: MangleFox70
In-game: MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 14:11

I love having all these mobs *except* Dungeon Master. It's cool to have a mob spawning who startles you in the dark, takes your health points and wanders to and fro, but one that destroys your builds is not cool. We'll put a lot of work into a cave realm build, then suddenly half of it is destroyed by Dungeon Master.

Is there a way to disable *only* the Dungeon Master (or any other destructive ones if there are any)? For now I'm using the config to allow only friendlies, but would rather allow all the others.

Thanks!
#ThePixelShadow on YouTube
A Weekly Minetest Webcast hosted by MangleFox70
Have a mod you'd like featured? Want to participate in our show? Join servers.minetest.tv Port 30000 for creative or 30001 for survival.
Upload your own skin via our web site: Minetest.TV

xeranas

GitHub: xeranas

by xeranas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 15:22

MangleFox70 wrote:Is there a way to disable *only* the Dungeon Master (or any other destructive ones if there are any)? For now I'm using the config to allow only friendlies, but would rather allow all the others.

Not clean solution but you always can alter mod itself. In this case remove dungeon master from being registered. Open mods/mobs/init.lua file and search for dungeon_master.

By removing this line mob should no longer automaticly spawn.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
mobs:register_spawn("mobs:dungeon_master", {"default:stone"}, 2, -1, 7000, 1, -50)

By removing this part mob should will not exist in system
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
mobs:register_mob("mobs:dungeon_master", {
   type = "monster",
   hp_max = 10,
   collisionbox = {-0.7, -0.01, -0.7, 0.7, 2.6, 0.7},
   visual = "mesh",
   mesh = "mobs_dungeon_master.x",
   textures = {"mobs_dungeon_master.png"},
   visual_size = {x=8, y=8},
   makes_footstep_sound = true,
   view_range = 15,
   walk_velocity = 1,
   run_velocity = 3,
   damage = 4,
   drops = {
      {name = "default:mese",
      chance = 100,
      min = 1,
      max = 2,},
   },
   armor = 60,
   drawtype = "front",
   water_damage = 1,
   lava_damage = 1,
   light_damage = 0,
   on_rightclick = nil,
   attack_type = "shoot",
   arrow = "mobs:fireball",
   shoot_interval = 2.5,
   sounds = {
      attack = "mobs_fireball",
   },
   animation = {
      stand_start = 0,
      stand_end = 19,
      walk_start = 20,
      walk_end = 35,
      punch_start = 36,
      punch_end = 48,
      speed_normal = 15,
      speed_run = 15,
   },
})
mobs:register_spawn("mobs:dungeon_master", {"default:stone"}, 2, -1, 7000, 1, -50)

There are plenty mobs mod variations and structure may vary for e.g.:
If init.lua file refers to other files like:
dofile(path.."/dungeonmaster.lua")

You can remove this single line and dungeon master should no longer be initialized.

Do not forget to test changes, and be prepared revert changes (mod backup) for disastrous scenario.

Minetest for myself is new thing, sorry if my solution is overcomplicated. Maybe there are some checkbox or global config settings which can override default mod mobs registration behavior, but I do not know about them yet.

MangleFox70

GitHub: Cat5TV
IRC: MangleFox70
In-game: MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 15:29

Nope--not over-complicated at all... I just didn't think to edit the mod itself. As I'm pretty new to Minetest, I hadn't realized they were plain text... figured they were some compiled format. Very cool that I can go about editing them... and if a new version comes out, I'll just use diff to make sure my changes are persistent to the new version.

Thanks! Will give this a try!

Update: this worked wonderfully! While I was at it I also replaced the sheep sounds with a nicer "baby lamb" sound. Going to dig deeper now that I know I can edit the mod directly, and see what else we can come up with :) Our customized version has been included on both of our servers.
Last edited by MangleFox70 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
#ThePixelShadow on YouTube
A Weekly Minetest Webcast hosted by MangleFox70
Have a mod you'd like featured? Want to participate in our show? Join servers.minetest.tv Port 30000 for creative or 30001 for survival.
Upload your own skin via our web site: Minetest.TV

mine_el

by mine_el » Mon Feb 08, 2016 16:14

I am experimenting with these mobs by editing init.lua. However, they appear so scarcely in the world that i have to search for a long time before i find one.

How can i affect their initial number (e.g. create 1000 dirt_monsters at world start)?

qwertymine3

GitHub: Qwertymine
In-game: qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 18:39

mine_el wrote:I am experimenting with these mobs by editing init.lua. However, they appear so scarcely in the world that i have to search for a long time before i find one.

How can i affect their initial number (e.g. create 1000 dirt_monsters at world start)?

This mod doesn't add any mobs at world generation time - so you can't directly cause a given number to spawn.

You can increase the number of spawns by editing the chance variable when calling mobs:register_mob (smaller means more spawns) or editing the interval for the abm created by mobs:register_mob (this is hard coded)

You could also make a mod (or modifiy ones which already exist) to spawn a mob using minetest.add_entity(pos,name).
This would also work well using the luacmd mod - spawning one at your position using me:getpos() as the position.

Spawneggs mod:https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=6214
Luacmd mod:https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9671

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Mar 12, 2016 23:35

MangleFox70 wrote:Update: this worked wonderfully! While I was at it I also replaced the sheep sounds with a nicer "baby lamb" sound. Going to dig deeper now that I know I can edit the mod directly, and see what else we can come up with :) Our customized version has been included on both of our servers.

If the sound is free (or has been recorded by yourshelf), could you release it? Many players kill sheep because they think their sounds are too loud. Better sheep sounds could save a lot of virtual sheep's lives :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases