[Mod] 3d visible wielded items [0.4.0] [wield3d]

stu

GitHub: stujones11

Re: [Mod] 3d visible wielded items [0.2.0] [wield3d]

by stu » Wed Jun 17, 2015 21:19

VanessaE wrote:I git-cloned it before reporting that issue. I was not trying it with the bendy-knees model, rather just with upstream minetest_game.

Ok, I have not updated my game in a while so I will try that as soon as I get a chance.

VanessaE wrote:The wieldview mod in the 3d_armor modpack *does* however show the wielded item in 3rd-person view. Is this a result of that mod using a custom player model or something?

Yes, indeed it does supply a custom model, the armor and wielditem have separate layers, speak to ExeterDad for the finer details as he mastered the latest b3d version.

VanessaE wrote:As for the bendy-knees model, I really like that one, and hope you'll continue it.

I must admit it was kinda funky, I'll see if I can find the original blender file and export it as b3d :)

stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 16:34

how do i fix the issue where the wielded item seems to switch sides of the player when walking? this is with the latest git

TG-MyinaWD

GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:24

stormchaser3000 wrote:how do i fix the issue where the wielded item seems to switch sides of the player when walking? this is with the latest git

Also I notice on your server storm that when ppl fly around or move, lots of times the wielded block flys around back to back.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

SAMIAMNOT

In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Tue Jun 23, 2015 15:50

Okay, I finally took this mod for a spin, it's really cool, and I'm gonna put it in my game, but I just wanted to give a heads-up that block-y nodes (like dirt, wood and wooden planks) don't show up in the player's hand. Nonetheless, that is a small glitch, nothing major. Great mod stu! +1
I test mines.

stu

by stu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 17:18

stormchaser3000 wrote:how do i fix the issue where the wielded item seems to switch sides of the player when walking? this is with the latest git

Alt. Tester wrote:Also I notice on your server storm that when ppl fly around or move, lots of times the wielded block flys around back to back.

This appears to be a client-side bug in the engine because it does not occur when I connect to a recent server build with an old 0.4.10 client.

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Okay, I finally took this mod for a spin, it's really cool, and I'm gonna put it in my game, but I just wanted to give a heads-up that block-y nodes (like dirt, wood and wooden planks) don't show up in the player's hand. Nonetheless, that is a small glitch, nothing major. Great mod stu! +1

Thanks, however 'blocky' nodes are showing up fine for me, in multiplayer mode at least.
I see they made some recent updates that are supposed to fix the TPV issue, I have not had time to test it yet but it looks like there are a few more bugs to work out anyway.

SAMIAMNOT

In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Thu Jun 25, 2015 19:20

Oh, okay. I was in singleplayer.
I test mines.

stu

Re: [Mod] 3d visible wielded items [0.3.0] [wield3d]

by stu » Sat Nov 21, 2015 17:26

Mod update: version 0.3.0

Removed the now redundant 3d player model as minetest now uses b3d format by default.
Tweaked the attachment positions making items sit slightly lower in the hand.
Added support for the 3d_armor modpack, note that when used in conjunction with the wieldview mod, wield3d will only be used for nodes/items that are not covered by wieldview.

Known Issues

Item appears to switch hands when running.
Items occasionally disappear when viewing in 3rd person.

Note that both issues are minetest engine bugs and are not the fault of this mod.

stu

Re: [Mod] 3d visible wielded items [0.3.0] [wield3d]

by stu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 16:06

Important update.

Anyone using this mod will have noticed how the wield-items appear to switch hands as the player moves.
This has until now been attributed to a minetest bug, possibly related to https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/2813

After several hours of compiling I eventually found the cause to be switching to b3d format for the player model. It is still not clear at this stage whether it is Irrlicht support for b3d which is broken or the blender b3d export plug-in.

The bottom line is, this is very unlikely to be fixed anytime soon.

For this reason I have put together a hotfix branch which reverts to using the old directx model from the original version, while retaining bugfixes etc from more recent versions. https://github.com/stujones11/wield3d/tree/xmodel

Please note that since it changes the player model, it cannot be used with any other mod that does so, eg 3d_armor.

stu

Re: [Mod] 3d visible wielded items [0.4.0] [wield3d]

by stu » Sat Nov 26, 2016 20:59

Version Update 0.4.0

The hand switching glitch has now, for the most part, been fixed by some recent updates to the player model, however, there may still be some slight flickering which now appears to be an upstream (irrlicht) issue. The latest version incorporates changes to the arm bone position so you will need a recent version of minetest_game to get the best results.

The codebase has also been completely re-factored, hopefully making the mod more efficient and less likely to leave stray entities, any that do, for whatever reason become detached can now be easily removed by punching them.

Since this is essentially a re-write I might have also made some new bugs in the process so please let me know if you find any, post them here or on the github issue tracker.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases