[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Miner59

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.10] [technic]

by Miner59 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 08:34

Hi,

Change the minetest.after call in technic.register_recipe to a direct register_recipe call to find out what mod is calling technic.register_recipe invalidly and report a bug with that mod.

I did this and found out that it is caused by glowdirt mod.
And the best is: I wrote this mod myself and someone already reported a bug with new versions of technic mod.
And even better: I already fixed that bug (with using a table for input), but I still used my old unfixed version myself.
So very stupid. xD

Ok, so you don't need to make changes I think. There shouldn't be much old mods which register recipes for technic machines.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by VanessaE » Sat Jan 17, 2015 00:57

Technic now has mesh node support for CNC-machined shapes. I've replaced all of the complex nodebox-based objects like cylinders, slopes, etc. with meshes. Everything is drop-in compatible, so your worlds will Just Work™ without any changes. In addition, I've redone the imagery for the formspec also.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

TriBlade9

by TriBlade9 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 01:59

Very nice VanessaE! I can see you're quite the meshnode expert.

Marshall_maz

In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10

Nice and smooth , but now none of my stairs work anymore :P
The triangle made for pretty good stairs previously.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Mon Jan 19, 2015 18:37

Ah, yep, I missed the collision boxes. Fixed in git.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 06:18

VanessaE wrote:Ah, yep, I missed the collision boxes. Fixed in git.

Thank you :)

mtmodder148

GitHub: MT-Modder
In-game: mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 01:46

Could you add tooltips to the CNC machine shapes?

Joby

GitHub: JobyB

by Joby » Mon Feb 02, 2015 01:33

screenshot_1205252181.png
screenshot_1205252181.png (358.39 KiB) Viewed 4321 times

With the latest changes to Quarries whats the proposed layout for them? I used to set mine up like this (attached), but it does not look like a filter injector will pull directly from the cache? Do I have to wait for the quarry to fill and then start ejecting?

Like the changes by the way, should help with server load :)

Thanks

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 03:20

Quarries are still set up the way they had been in the past - they don't have to "fill up", but they do gather their dug items into small stacks and eject them then, so there is some delay once you start one.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Feb 03, 2015 16:45

For me the quarries are too boring. l prefer frame machines.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Tue Feb 03, 2015 17:23

Hybrid Dog wrote:For me the quarries are too boring. l prefer frame machines.

Indeed. I would like to see a michine which could extract ores from stones.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

addi

by addi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 18:09

is there a reason, why technic uses its own formspec background/design instead that one, that comes with default game?

false_chicken

GitHub: falsechicken
In-game: false_chicken

by false_chicken » Tue Feb 10, 2015 22:27

Technic machines are compatible with pipeworks right? If so for some reason the pipes will not connect to Technic machines. The LV Furnace seems to have holes in it but will not connect. Is there something I am missing?

EDIT: The MV Furnace seems to work alright. Is this intentional? If so as a suggestion I'd recommend removing the holds (Or what looks like holes) from the sides of the LV Furnace.

Thanks!
DISCLAIMER: I am probably wrong.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Tue Feb 10, 2015 22:58

Update your technic - there was a sort-of-API-change to pipeworks that caused machines to not connect, but I've already fixed that in technic and the other places I have access to.

That said, LV machines aren't supposed to connect to tubes if I remember correctly. If those machines have textures that have those fittings/connections "baked" into them, those just need redrawn, as there are suitable "overlay" images in pipeworks that are meant for this purpose.

false_chicken

by false_chicken » Tue Feb 10, 2015 23:05

VanessaE wrote:Update your technic - there was a sort-of-API-change to pipeworks that caused machines to not connect, but I've already fixed that in technic and the other places I have access to.

That said, LV machines aren't supposed to connect to tubes if I remember correctly. If those machines have textures that have those fittings/connections "baked" into them, those just need redrawn, as there are suitable "overlay" images in pipeworks that are meant for this purpose.

Awesome. Thanks!

false_chicken

by false_chicken » Tue Feb 10, 2015 23:36

Hmmm... I've updated both Technic and Pipeworks (From the latest master branch) and I seem to be having a problem getting grinded ores out of the MV Grinder. I place an Injector on the right side of the grinder, attach some pipe to it and flip a lever I put on the injector but it doesn't take out any dust. Is there a specific side I should be using to pull things out of the machines? The same setup works fine on the chest I originally pulled the lumps from to put into the grinder. Thanks for answering all my noob questions.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Wed Feb 11, 2015 00:23

First, remove the filter (I assume that's what you meant by "injector", as in "filter-injector" as it's called in Pipeworks). Don't use filters to take materials out of a machine, as there is a better way. Inside, right click on the Grinder. In the dialog that pops up, there are two "Upgrade Slots". Place a "Control Logic Unit" in one of them, then attach a tube directly to the side of the machine. The CLU chip makes the machine able to eject through a tube on its own.

If it won't eject through the tube, put the tube on the machine's other side, or just turn the machine around with the screwdriver.

The grinder and perhaps one other machine that I'm failing to remember will only eject items out in one map direction - i.e. not necessarily the machine's left or right side, but rather to the west or east or whatever.

false_chicken

by false_chicken » Wed Feb 11, 2015 02:39

VanessaE wrote:First, remove the filter (I assume that's what you meant by "injector", as in "filter-injector" as it's called in Pipeworks). Don't use filters to take materials out of a machine, as there is a better way. Inside, right click on the Grinder. In the dialog that pops up, there are two "Upgrade Slots". Place a "Control Logic Unit" in one of them, then attach a tube directly to the side of the machine. The CLU chip makes the machine able to eject through a tube on its own.

If it won't eject through the tube, put the tube on the machine's other side, or just turn the machine around with the screwdriver.

The grinder and perhaps one other machine that I'm failing to remember will only eject items out in one map direction - i.e. not necessarily the machine's left or right side, but rather to the west or east or whatever.

Oh! Ok. Awesome. Boy if that is documented somewhere I would like to see it lol. I would have had no idea... Thanks again!

false_chicken

by false_chicken » Wed Feb 11, 2015 03:06

Man I just keep thinking up new questions. Sorry! This is more of a mechanics question. When I played Minecraft I built machines using a Hopper to prevent Buildcraft item overflow. Is there something equivalent in Pipeworks? Or something I can rig up to do the same thing? I would like to prevent my machines from overflowing. Double thanks again!

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 06:03

DuDraig wrote:The orientation of the output is
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Face   - The direction you were facing when you placed the node.
Output - The direction of the output side of the node.
Face   Output
----   ------
North  East
East   North
South  West
West   South

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the entire idea. You are supposed to get output from any non-input face: either side or top. If someone places a pipe device on more than one output side, then it should either not output anything or output to each in turn.

Now I understand my confusion with making the MV outputs work. You must not use pipeworks filters and must use at least one Logic Control Units to enable output to a pipe device. I've never seen any documentation that clarifies this. No wonder there is so much confusion.

At least I have everything working now and have sussed the code enough to make some useful improvements. Thank you all for your help.

@false_chicken: See this qoute ^^

false_chicken

by false_chicken » Wed Feb 11, 2015 06:48

Marshall_maz wrote:@false_chicken: See this qoute [...]

Thanks! That is defiantly useful. Do you happen to have a solution to my latest question above?
Last edited by ShadowNinja on Wed Feb 11, 2015 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove deep quote

ThatGraemeGuy

GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 06:57

false_chicken wrote:
VanessaE wrote:First, remove the filter (I assume that's what you meant by "injector", as in "filter-injector" as it's called in Pipeworks). Don't use filters to take materials out of a machine, as there is a better way. Inside, right click on the Grinder. In the dialog that pops up, there are two "Upgrade Slots". Place a "Control Logic Unit" in one of them, then attach a tube directly to the side of the machine. The CLU chip makes the machine able to eject through a tube on its own.

Oh! Ok. Awesome. Boy if that is documented somewhere I would like to see it lol. I would have had no idea... Thanks again!

https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... e-upgrades

You'll be forgiven for missing it, the manual is excessively verbose imho and no attention is really drawn to it either.

false_chicken

by false_chicken » Wed Feb 11, 2015 07:02

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:
false_chicken wrote:

https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... e-upgrades

You'll be forgiven for missing it, the manual is excessively verbose imho and no attention is really drawn to it either.

Great! Thanks.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 14:46

VanessaE wrote:Technic now has mesh node support for CNC-machined shapes. I've replaced all of the complex nodebox-based objects like cylinders, slopes, etc. with meshes. Everything is drop-in compatible, so your worlds will Just Work™ without any changes. In addition, I've redone the imagery for the formspec also.

Could you add a sphere? Also, is there some way of making the textures line up better at the edges?

poet.nohit

GitHub: poet-nohit

by poet.nohit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 00:40

Really loving this mod. Keep up the good work, everybody!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Mar 12, 2015 01:04

poet.nohit, on behalf of the team, thanks :-)

12Me21: What do you mean about lining the textures up at the edges? Do you mean e.g. the adjoining faces along that curved edge of the quarter-round corner ("two curved edge" as technic calls it) shown on the far right of the screenshot? Because generally, textures should already be as lined up as they can get from one neighboring node to another.

Meanwhile: I've added the requested spheres to the CNC machine. Note two things:

First, because of how the oblate spheroid object was originally named, any of those that were already in the world (or inventories) before this change will turn into spheres (though this is probably what the original model was meant to represent anyway). Newly-milled ones will behave normally, as well the new spheres.

Second, due to the way Minetest handles formspecs, you may need to dig the CNC machine and re-place it to get the new button to show up properly (and perhaps to show the right image on the old one, if it's wrong).

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 13:35

VanessaE wrote:poet.nohit, on behalf of the team, thanks :-)

12Me21: What do you mean about lining the textures up at the edges? Do you mean e.g. the adjoining faces along that curved edge of the quarter-round corner ("two curved edge" as technic calls it) shown on the far right of the screenshot? Because generally, textures should already be as lined up as they can get from one neighboring node to another.

the adjoining faces on the edges (except the ones that are in the normal positions)

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 13:35

VanessaE wrote:poet.nohit, on behalf of the team, thanks :-)

the adjoining faces

edit: oops...

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Fri Mar 13, 2015 17:21

A couple of the UV maps do need better-aligned (including the aforementioned quarter-round corner). I'll see if I can improve that soon.

SpaghettiToastBook

by SpaghettiToastBook » Wed Mar 18, 2015 02:54

What exactly are lead and sulfur for?

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases