[Mod] X-Decor [git] [xdecor]

KCoombes

In-game: Knatt or Rudilyn

Re: [Mod] X-Decor [git] [xdecor]

by KCoombes » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:20

Krock wrote:
KCoombes wrote:could the build be the problem?

Better sue Trump for this problem because it has absolutely nothing to do with the build.
Your error log tells me that it can't find the xpanes API function. If there is a copy of xpanes in your mods directory, remove it. Then also remove the subgame minetest_game and re-download it.

Ok, fresh copy of Minetest_game installed, xpanes removed - now this error:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
2016-08-28 06:18:03: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\User\Desktop\minetest-0.4.14-win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\default\init.lua:
2016-08-28 06:18:03: ERROR[Main]: ...win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\default/mapgen.lua:1471: attempt to call field 'get_mapgen_setting' (a nil value)
2016-08-28 06:18:03: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-08-28 06:18:03: ERROR[Main]:    ...win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\default/mapgen.lua:1471: in main chunk
2016-08-28 06:18:03: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'dofile'
2016-08-28 06:18:03: ERROR[Main]:    ...4-win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\default\init.lua:45: in main chunk

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:34

wat is your minetest conf?
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Sun Aug 28, 2016 13:40

azekill_DIABLO wrote:wat is your minetest conf?

maintab_LAST = singleplayer
menu_last_game = minetest
name = Knatt
remote_port = 30000
server_dedicated = false
public_serverlist = true
enable_shaders = true
free_move = false
noclip = false
mainmenu_last_selected_world = 6
selected_world_path = C:\Users\User\Desktop\minetest-0.4.14-win32\bin\..\worlds\xdecor
wieldview_node_tiles = false
wieldview_update_time = 2
fixed_map_seed = 8204518463
mg_name = v7
mg_flags = trees,caves,light,nodungeons
world_config_selected_mod = 301
fast_move = true
anisotropic_filter = false
bilinear_filter = false
generate_normalmaps = true
mip_map = false
trilinear_filter = false
video_driver = opengl
remove_far_mobs = true
remove_items = 300
creative_mode = false
enable_damage = true
server_announce = false
cinematic = false
connected_glass = true
mainmenu_last_selected_TP = 1
texture_path =
time_speed = 72
map_generation_limit = 20000
debug_log_level = verbose
enable_fog = false
show_debug = true
enable_minimap = true
minimap_shape_round = true
port = 30000
wanted_fps = 60
fps_max = 120
default_privs = interact,shout,teleport,fly,noclip,fast
viewing_range = 40
screenW = 1419
screenH = 725
leaves_style = simple
deprecated_lua_api_handling = log
cloud_height = 240
mod_profiling = false
detailed_profiling = true
dedicated_server_step = 0.2

Napiophelios

GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Sun Aug 28, 2016 15:51

KCoombes, I got the same default mapgen error using the stable build,
I had to update to the latest dev version of the MT engine to get past it.

don't remove the xpanes mod, xdecor wont be available ingame.
just make sure you don't have a duplicate of xpanes in your common mods folder

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Sun Aug 28, 2016 19:04

Yep, that fixed it, although I did remove xpanes from the mods folder, as it is included in minetest_game/mods already.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Aug 29, 2016 14:22

and your mineteste.conf is perfectly normal :D
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 05:29

Expected to see a lightweight decoration mod. Was disappointed. Your mod is anything BUT “lightweight”:
- Full blown chess game (WTF?)
- Very heavyweight gameplay changes: Enchantment table, Ender chest (jeez, please try to avoid Minecraft slang), Work bench, apparently even a mechanism system which I don't understand yet (sadly, there is no manual)
- Crafting guide
- Beehive?!

Don't get me wrong: This mod includes many great gameplay ideas and has a couple of nice-looking and simple new decorations. I like the style. But for people who just want the decorations they do not neccessarily want the gameplay stuff as well.

The formspec design you used throughout the is great. It is simple to use and well-designed. This is how formspecs should generally be done. I appreciate the effort you put into these because I know how much a pain in the ass it is to only get a single form to work with all widgets aligned properly, etc.

About the mod design:
I suggest to strictly seperate the functional part from the decorational part, except for the things which change gameplay insignificantly.
I would especially like to see the crafting guide in a seperate mod. Looks like a nice rework of zcg to me. It's not as useful as Unified Inventory but still better than nothing. Why does the arrow go into the wrong direction? ;-)

I see you already released the workbench mod seperately, but for some reason you still have included it in xdecor. :-(

There's a serious bug in this mod: You used paramtype="light" for many nodes, even “solid” ones. I bet you misunderstood what this paramtype means. A side-effect of this is that it will cause light to propagate THROUGH the node, so if you place a torch behind a stone tile (for example), it glows! I am sure this is not intended. You need this paramtype for nodeboxes usually but for normal cubes you should only use this paramtype if you really want light to go through (like for leaves or glass). First I thought this attribute is only set for the runestone (this is actually pretty interesting and worth keeping) but after a quick check I notice this is set for pretty much every node.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 09:32

As i know the developer of this mod "JP" left the minetest.
There is also seperated crafting guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14088
My Mods:

Beverage

everamzah

GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:27

This is the best mod ever, and is perfect in every way.

That said, I always wondered why light behind stone tiles was so bright. Ha!

This mod was transferred over to minetest-mods organization on GitHub, headed by sofar. You'd do well to submit PRs there, I think. You raise fine points, though I'd never been bothered by simply commenting out certain dofile() lines.

Cheers.

twoelk

by twoelk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 15:01

indeed jp made standalone versions of some of the xdecor mods
such as the Work Bench, Enchanting and as stated before the Crafting Guide.
.....and when he began it was pretty lightweight; but then again compared to Home Decor plus More Blocks...

snoopy

Re: [Mod] X-Decor

by snoopy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 13:55

This is truly a great mod, nice extras like the enchanting table and the crafting book included. My kids and me favour this mod over unified_inventory and home-decor now for several reasons and are having great fun in a multi-player world.
Enjoying Minetest by Neoascetic's and Morn76's builds on Mac OS X 10.11.6 clients with local server and several modifications.

Andrey01

In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 14:23

This is mod like the Home Decor ModPack

snoopy

by snoopy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 14:12

Andrey01 wrote:This is mod like the Home Decor ModPack

home-decor has neither the enchanting table nor the crafting book. In x-decor the textures are more pretty aligned with the minetest default look.

The concept of a special book item as crafting guide in x-decor is charming and well thought. The mod unified_inventory includes a crafting guide in the interface but this gives not the same feeling in the game like a true book item.

My five cents.
Enjoying Minetest by Neoascetic's and Morn76's builds on Mac OS X 10.11.6 clients with local server and several modifications.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Tue Nov 01, 2016 20:05

I like this mod, no problems with it. It suits people who likes MC.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:50

I will give some remarks about the graphics used in this mod:

Personally I really like the decorations, they are cool and lightweight. Sadly, this mod breaks with the style of Minetest Game by not using Minetest Game's style but PixelBOX' style. Many nodes of Minetest Game simply look inconsistent with the X-Decor nodes. So I ultimately ended up in not really using this mod. :-(

Just compare the Minetest Game wooden door with the doors from xdecor. These are completely different artistic styles. The same could be said for many other nodes. I suppose this problem is solved when the player is actually switching to the PixelBOX style. But this is a bad solution, of course.

IMO using PixelBOX style is a design flaw. The problem is, this can't be fixed easily by texture packs, because a texture pack for “default” textures does not really make sense IMO. I kinda see the “default” textures as a pseudo-texture pack of its own, so trying to keep at least some artistic consistency makes sense.

What would have made more sense would be to use the Minetest Game style in this mod, and then moving the current PixelBOX-styled textures to the actual PixelBOX texture pack.
I think a lesson modders can learn from here: Try to stick with the style of the subgame (if any) you wish to extend and put artistic variations into texture packs. Not the other way round. ;-)

everamzah

by everamzah » Wed Nov 02, 2016 17:09

Fixerol wrote:I like this mod, no problems with it. It suits people who likes MC.

I've never played MC, but I've always loved this mod.

Wuzzy wrote:Sadly, this mod breaks with the style of Minetest Game by not using Minetest Game's style but PixelBOX' style.

I have always considered X-Decor to be relatively inline with MTG, and even minetest_game uses textures from PixelBOX.

everamzah

by everamzah » Wed Nov 02, 2016 17:39

As an example:

I just noticed that xdecor:multishelf and xdecor:empty_shelf do not follow the recently changed shelves of MTG, with wood on sides, but instead the old style of "impossible shelves."
Attachments
screenshot_20161102_133621.png
screenshot_20161102_133621.png (219.18 KiB) Viewed 4006 times

Andrey01

In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 17:45

snoopy wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:This is mod like the Home Decor ModPack

home-decor has neither the enchanting table nor the crafting book. In x-decor the textures are more pretty aligned with the minetest default look.

The concept of a special book item as crafting guide in x-decor is charming and well thought. The mod unified_inventory includes a crafting guide in the interface but this gives not the same feeling in the game like a true book item.

My five cents.

Crafting guide it can search in the HomeDecor in the first post.And X-decor mod is it just copy of the HomeDecor(for example:like television, carpets, doors, curtains, tables and others), and he first is done than X-decor

everamzah

by everamzah » Wed Nov 02, 2016 20:38

There are a number of differences, but I think the main one is that homedecor is a modpack, which contains a mod called homedecor. Even then, the homedecor mod itself, I believe, contains meshnodes.

toby109tt

GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

by toby109tt » Thu Nov 10, 2016 14:13

Will this mod ever get new stuff or not
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i love pixels and voxels ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 15:14

This mod fails to set is_ground_content correctly for most nodes. For most nodes it is true, which means the cave generator can destroy these nodes. For “artificial” nodes like windows this field should generally be set to false.

See what happens when a mod fails to set is_ground_content correctly:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15891

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sun Dec 04, 2016 13:05

Okay, I stumbled over a recent commit message in this mod. It now uses the "colorize" function, which was added in newer in-development versions.

This means: The current version will NOT work with 0.4.14-stable anymore, get the last compatible version instead if you do not want to update.

Looks fancy, eh.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ektor

IRC: ektor
In-game: ektor

by ektor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 23:56

Hi, interesting thread ! Thanks for this mod i like very much. I'm here because i don't understand how the cauldron work. I put water inside and it bowling. But after that, impossible to drop some foods inside...
Maybe i forget a conf file ? I use the farming mod by Tenplus1.
Could someone explain me what happens ? I'm quite new in maintaining a server :)

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Wed Jan 11, 2017 00:24

ohhh i dint know there was another xdector, i made a mod called xdector opps
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

ektor

by ektor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 20:15

Well, thank you kilbith to explain me in live ! it's not difficult to put ingredients. Just drop'em looking a little bit up.

ektor

by ektor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 00:43

Players have detected a problem: when sitting on a chair, and jump+go, the player goes up without stopping. They have to disconect and reconect, and it'll be fatal in some cases...
I deactivate the possibility to sit, but i think it's pity :( i like very well the possibility of sitting

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Tue Jan 24, 2017 01:20

That sucks. That has happened to me with the vehicle mods, where I want to turn a car or let's just say a tank, and it will keep going straight. The helicopter mod sucked too because I could never get out of the dang thing.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases