MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

[Mod] RetroBlocks [retroblocks]

by MineYoshi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 14:28

RetroBlocks Mod
What does?
Adds More Blocks to minetest_game ,retro blocks .
This mod adds more blocks to Minetest they are from retro Games. They are usefull to decoration and make a building or something .
Example: this mod has the Smb Castle Brick ,you can do a castle with lava and will see beautiful .

Screenshots:

License:LGPL 2.1 to code. CC-BY-SA for textures. i only want to keep my coopyright, ok!

Download:
Version 0.1:
Rar: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0qkjj0nolppcxja/retroblocks+0.1.rar
Zip:http://www.mediafire.com/download/uz4baavhlodh790/retroblockk.
Version 0.2
Zip:http://www.mediafire.com/download/t8ue9be78juwb08/retroblocks+0.2.zip
Version 0.3
Zip:http://www.mediafire.com/download/4zl8107jxcp04at/retroblocks+0.3.zip
moved to dropbox
Ziphttps://www.dropbox.com/s/yconnd80qy5ocxu/mine_yoshi_retroblocks_03.zip?dl=0
Version 0.4
Zip:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckbc2r6wbjh8ryf/mine_yoshi_retroblocks_04.zip?dl=0
Version 0.5
Zip:https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsuvytj654x7yni/mine_yoshi_retroblocks_05.zip?dl=0
Version 0.6
Zip:https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6mrku399wszc2m/mine_yoshi_retroblocks_06.zip?dl=0
Version 0.7
Zip:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba3ionu53kvj6in/mine_yoshi_retroblocks_07.zip?dl=0
Version 0.1
By now only are 10 blocks this is the list ,don't say than this i a incomplete mod, because that is in WIP mods section:
-Sonic Miniature
-Kirby Miniature
-Sonic 1 Dirt
-Sonic 1 Grass
-Sonic 1 Tiki
-Smb Cloud
-Smb Cobble (i call it cobble)
-Smb Question Block (isn't a chest now, but i think to make this block a chest only with one item)
-Smb Brick
-Smb Castle Brick.

Version 0.2
I added food or Mario Items,
-Sonic Miniature
-Kirby Miniature
-Sonic 1 Dirt
-Sonic 1 Grass
-Sonic 1 Tiki
-Smb Cloud
-Smb Cobble (i call it cobble).
-Smb Brick
-Smb Castle Brick.
-Smb Question Block(now is a chest with one item of space)
-Smb Mushroom (food recover all your health)
-Smb Fire Flower (burn everthing that you touch, credits to vanessa's e home decor, fake_fire mod for the example code for this item).

Version 0.3
-Added SMB 3 Raccoon Leaf.

Version0.4
-Added Yoshi Egg Block
-Yoshi mobs ,they spawn everywhere!! a dead yoshi drops a yoshi egg!

Version0.5
-Added Adventure Island Spadedino (Idea by Don)

Version0.6
-Yosho Excesive spawn Fix
-Toad added

Version0.7
-Added Pacman Ghosts (they don't spawn naturally you need a spawner egg)
By now the thing is the mobs of the mod i will add:
-Y̶o̶s̶h̶i̶
And
-Waddle dee?
If by the sprites of the blocks (textures) i modified the block textures (colors, and a little things) to not make that of the rights of autor ,yes i maded the textures ,in base of others playing the games.
Some blocks you want in this mod ,idea or help , only say me.

Dependencies:
-wool
-dye
-fire
-flowers
-playereffects if you don't have ithttps://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9689
Last edited by MineYoshi on Tue Oct 20, 2015 00:44, edited 14 times in total.
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

benrob0329

GitHub: Benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

Re: [WIP Mod] RetroBlocks.

by benrob0329 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 14:38

Nice! Maybe you could make it so that if you touch a question block it drops the item (once) on the ground above the block.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 15:02

benrob0329 wrote:Nice! Maybe you could make it so that if you touch a question block it drops the item (once) on the ground above the block.

Great idea but the chest one is good too, i have that idea too , i think than i can do item to add abilities to who haves it,
a example the fire flower (from SMB) will can make than who haves it when touches something it will burns inmediatly
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt

WhoAreYou

In-game: whoareyou

by WhoAreYou » Thu Aug 27, 2015 17:40

Screenshots, please. ;)
WhoAreYou the subway builder

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 13:31

WhoAreYou wrote:Screenshots, please. ;)

Well here is one:
excuse me if it's night and you can't see only aument the shining of your screen

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 13:53

I have an idea how about a animated and a 1 item chest question block?

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 17:59

I updated to 0.2
a list of new features:
-SMB Mushroom (it recover 20 hearts)
-SMB Fire Flower (it burns everthing that touch, i based code in fake_fire mod)
-Question Block now is a chest with one item.
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/t8ue9be78juwb08/retroblocks+0.2.zip

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 19:12

hey i am making the tanooki suit but i need to know if you want than the tanooki has time or than in 30 seconds will dissapear the effect

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Sat Sep 05, 2015 19:33

Will you change gravity when wearing the suit or grant fly priv? If so then you should make it loose power after so much time.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Mon Sep 07, 2015 08:13

OldCoder Openmine now includes MineYoshi's RetroBlocks mod and Argos's Wrench mod:

MineYoshi RetroBlocks: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13118

Argos Wrench: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11162

These mods will be added to other worlds. As a technical note, for the Sonic block shown below to work with the wrench, I needed to make the following patch:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
retroblocks/init.lua:
- legacy_facedir_simple = true,
+ paramtype2 = "facedir",

Cross-posted to the Openmine thread and to the RetroBlocks thread.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
World:   OldCoder Openmine
Name:    RetroBlocks example
Builder: OldCoder
Coords:  409.8, 23.5, 1285.4

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 16:01

Don wrote:Will you change gravity when wearing the suit or grant fly priv? If so then you should make it loose power after so much time.

Well i grant fly priv and i think to lose power after 300 or 600 seconds i think 600 ,because sucks lose the power so fast and i don't grant fly priv for ever because the game crashes , the gravity idea was good but i did the raccoon not the tannooki because i have problems with the meshes(i try to fix it but i can't).
OldCoder wrote:
OldCoder Openmine now includes MineYoshi's RetroBlocks mod and Argos's Wrench mod:

MineYoshi RetroBlocks: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13118

Argos Wrench: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11162

These mods will be added to other worlds. As a technical note, for the Sonic block shown below to work with the wrench, I needed to make the following patch:

retroblocks/init.lua:
- legacy_facedir_simple = true,
+ paramtype2 = "facedir",

Cross-posted to the Openmine thread and to the RetroBlocks thread.

World:   OldCoder Openmine
Name:    RetroBlocks example
Builder: OldCoder
Coords:  409.8, 23.5, 1285.4

Thanks for the help i have problems with that sonic block and that code helps so much, i going to add the raccoon but i see than in your server there is fly.
P.S i will visit the server!

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Tue Sep 08, 2015 02:37

MineYoshi:

1. Regarding fly, I have other worlds that omit fly and will use the blocks there too.

2. If you and others work further on RetroBlocks, I might try to set up a RetroWorld. Or maybe I'll add a RetroBiome to the Ethereal mapgen mod instead.

I'm imagining something similar to the following, but this is just a rough example.

Ideally, some of the characters would be mobs and not blocks. Due to trademark issues, they might also need to be renamed. Perhaps the hedgehog could be called Phonic.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 16:23

OldCoder wrote:
MineYoshi:

1. Regarding fly, I have other worlds that omit fly and will use the blocks there too.

2. If you and others work further on RetroBlocks, I might try to set up a RetroWorld. Or maybe I'll add a RetroBiome to the Ethereal mapgen mod instead.

I'm imagining something similar to the following, but this is just a rough example.

Ideally, some of the characters would be mobs and not blocks. Due to trademark issues, they might also need to be renamed. Perhaps the hedgehog could be called Phonic.

Cool, but i think the character blocks only for fun or to decorate, and i can do mobs as characters, only that mobs should be peaceful by example make a yoshi and you can ride the yoshi, and well i am the only who works in this project and become hard to make a big mod by miself BUT is posible, everobody can .
And well about the trademark issues, yes the characters will be renamed but with a logical and similar name,
example: Mario=Merio i don't going to do this sonic=cinos only because is sonic backwards!.

It becomes hard to do this alone, but i don't know who can help me to do this.
And well in the mapgen you can do this how you said retro biome can make sonic levels naturally or smb castles in different parts of the world

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 16:33

i think to make some mobs in 2d and others in 3d i make 3d mobs only if is too necesary

Don

by Don » Tue Sep 08, 2015 16:59

If there is anything I can do to help send me a pm. I can't do mapgen but I can do lots of other things.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:33

2D mobs will resemble the original characters better. However, if you're curious, here's a sample 3D Cinos NPC:

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 16:13

Don that's useful i don't have any who can help me, i will send you a MP.

OldCoder that's a good idea i will try to make the caracters

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 16:39

Updated to 0.3
Added:
-SMB3 Raccoon Leaf
Zip:http://www.mediafire.com/download/4zl8107jxcp04at/retroblocks+0.3.zip
I a little add but the 0.4 will add many great stuff
New dependency:playereffect
because the raccoon leaf

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:10

MineYoshi, some suggestions:

1. Don't use MediaFire or similar sites. These sites don't work with some browsers. Additionally, many such sites trick users into downloading commercial programs. Links also tend to break in some cases.

2. Instead, use GitHub, Dropbox, or other hosts that are designed for projects like this.

3. Don't use spaces in filenames or directory names. Use underscores instead of spaces. So, for example, use "retroblocks_0.3" instead of "retroblocks 0.3".

4. For now, I'll host a copy of RetroBlocks at this link:

http://minetest.org/mods/MineYoshi_-_retroblocks.zip

The release number is omitted because this link will go to the most recent copy that I have.

Last edited by OldCoder on Sun Sep 13, 2015 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:17

ok but i don't have dropbox account,but well i will update the links, and i will fix the names,ok

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:32

MineYoshi, I see that you have a GitHub account. Technical note: MineYosh as opposed to MineYoshi there.

It looks like you created a RetroBlocks GitHub repo as an experiment and put it aside. If you update the code, GitHub will automatically provide you with a download ZIP file. The ZIP-file link will be:

https://github.com/MineYosh/Retroblocks_Mod/archive/master.zip

You're free to use minetest.org and hosting sites as well.

One advantage of GitHub is that the site makes it easier for other people to contribute code. However, if GitHub seems complicated, there is no rush. Find what works best for you.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 20:49

OldCoder wrote:
MineYoshi, I see that you have a GitHub account. Technical note: MineYosh as opposed to MineYoshi there.

It looks like you created a RetroBlocks GitHub repo as an experiment and put it aside. If you update the code, GitHub will automatically provide you with a download ZIP file. The ZIP-file link will be:

https://github.com/MineYosh/Retroblocks_Mod/archive/master.zip

You're free to use minetest.org and hosting sites as well.

One advantage of GitHub is that the site makes it easier for other people to contribute code. However, if GitHub seems complicated, there is no rush. Find what works best for you.

I ussed the nickname MineYosh because MineYoshi wasn't avaible ,but technically it's MineYoshi.
The only problem is than i don't know how to upload the textures with the code isn't any problem.
i think in use DropBox

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 21:46

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 21:52

MineYoshi, now you have three potential distribution channels, GitHub, minetest.org, and Dropbox.

RetroBlocks will be everywhere :P

We'll help you figure out GitHub later if you like. Note that this site will allow others to work with you more easily on the code.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Thu Sep 10, 2015 08:20

MineYoshi: You PM'd me to ask for the sample 3D Cinos mob. Here's the ZIP file. Note: The "Mobs Redo" mod is also required:

Sample 3D Cinos mob: http://minetest.org/mods/mobs_cinos.zip

Mobs Redo: http://minetest.org/mods/TenPlus1_-_mobs_redo_150909.zip

This is just a simple demo. However, Cinos does function correctly. Note: The theme song is a little too long. I'll probably shorten it.

I can also provide sample 2D mobs at a later date.

These mods are not compatible with the older "mobs" mod. If that one is installed, you'll need to remove it. Note: Most mobs mods are switching to this newer version.

Last edited by OldCoder on Thu Sep 10, 2015 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 14:04

ok OldCoder yes only i need time and some luck for finish this mobs,
thanks for cinos

judahman

In-game: judah judahman

by judahman » Thu Sep 10, 2015 14:26

Hey MineYoshi! I see in the screen shots you are running the mod on 0.4.12. I'm also using this version but minetest keeps showing this error on screen and says nothing in the debug.
ERROR: Failed to enable mod "retroblocks 0.3" as it contains disallowed characters. Only characters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
This happens with a whole bunch of other mods to and I'm new to this, So I was wondering if you know how to fix it.
If you do, please let me know.
BWARGINSHMARG!
I AR NEW TO CODE

Don

by Don » Thu Sep 10, 2015 15:23

judahman wrote:Hey MineYoshi! I see in the screen shots you are running the mod on 0.4.12. I'm also using this version but minetest keeps showing this error on screen and says nothing in the debug.
ERROR: Failed to enable mod "retroblocks 0.3" as it contains disallowed characters. Only characters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
This happens with a whole bunch of other mods to and I'm new to this, So I was wondering if you know how to fix it.

Use the dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yconnd80qy5oc ... 3.zip?dl=0

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Thu Sep 10, 2015 15:56

judahman wrote:"This happens with a whole bunch of other mods to and I'm new to this. So I was wondering if you know how to fix it."

For many mods, you need to rename the folder.

In this case, copies of the RetroBlocks mod folder should be renamed to "retroblocks". Old copies of the folder should be deleted first.

As a rule, if a mod folder has a name like "minetest-bacon-master" or "bacon 0.95", just use the key word, which in this case would be "bacon".

If there are two words separated by an underscore, such as "flying_car", keep the two words and the underscore. So, "minetest-flying_car-1.50" should be renamed to "flying_car".

Some mods are "modpacks". These are collections of mods as opposed to individual mods. You can identify a modpack by looking in its folder. If the folder contains a file named "modpack.txt", it is a modpack. For modpacks, the main folder should be renamed to something ending with "-modpack".

WorldEdit is an example of a modpack. If you download the WorldEdit ZIP file from its GitHub site and unpack it, you'll end up with a folder named "Minetest-WorldEdit-master". The folder should be renamed to "worldedit-modpack".

This is obviously confusing; I had trouble with it myself. The error message should probably be changed into a clearer explanation.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Fri Sep 11, 2015 00:38

judahman wrote:Hey MineYoshi! I see in the screen shots you are running the mod on 0.4.12. I'm also using this version but minetest keeps showing this error on screen and says nothing in the debug.

Because that i uploaded it to dropbox ,ok download it from there

And OldCoder you can also use number because that is 0-9 that means you can use numbers from 0 to 9.
you can write the mod version example: sanic_mod_09
Last edited by MineYoshi on Fri Sep 11, 2015 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Mod Releases