GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 19:13

Martin_Devil wrote:
sofar wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation

MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

No seriously, go away. Try it on minetest instead, I can't possibly know or want to support clones or forks.

This is Minetest 0.4.13-master.

Is it 0.4.13, or is it master? It can't be both.

If you really want to *seriously* help out find bugs, then DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stop reporting bugs against your fork. Make a clean checkout of minetest and minetest_game from *git*, and then re-test your problematic test case. If you find a bug in there, then you've found a bug.

Martin_Devil

GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 19:18

sofar wrote:
Is it 0.4.13, or is it master? It can't be both.

If you really want to *seriously* help out find bugs, then DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stop reporting bugs against your fork. Make a clean checkout of minetest and minetest_game from *git*, and then re-test your problematic test case. If you find a bug in there, then you've found a bug.

I'll do it later. I use the master, my changes are superficial, no change api

rpgsniper2452

GitHub: rpgsniper2452
IRC: rpgsniper2452
In-game: rpgsniper2452

by rpgsniper2452 » Mon May 16, 2016 18:07

Very nice mod. But it's a shame you couldn't control the lightning to make it hit only a certain spot if desired. If that was the case though you could have a staff that will strike anyone who is hit by the staff.

xeranas

GitHub: xeranas

by xeranas » Mon May 16, 2016 19:55

rpgsniper2452 wrote:Very nice mod. But it's a shame you couldn't control the lightning to make it hit only a certain spot if desired. If that was the case though you could have a staff that will strike anyone who is hit by the staff.

Any mod can control strike location if they want it by using `lightning.strike(pos)`. It would be relative simple to implement buildin command, but it would be just one variation. For e.g. server oriented admin mod only needs lightning dependecy and they can define variations whatever they want (e.g. lightning strike on player pos + kick player - with single command).

Diamond knight

In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

by Diamond knight » Wed May 18, 2016 13:15

minetest.register_craftitem("lightningrod:rod",{
description = "lightning rod",
inventory_image = "default_stick.png",
stack_max = 1,
on_place = function(itemstack, placer, pointed_thing)
if pointed_thing.type == "node" then
local p = pointed_thing.above
lightning.strike(p) if minetest.setting_getbool("cat") then itemstack:take_item() end
return itemstack
end
end,
})

boom, i do not know how to upload to github so it takes hour to upload so here is code
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901

Dopium

by Dopium » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:09

With the latest dev build this mod is crashing minetest to desktop. Im using xeranus's weather mod and when it begins to strike lightening, the program will crash. Problem im having is the debug log isn't showing any errors, it did once awhile back but im still searching through the log to find it. Not a hundred percent sure but i think since the changes of particles behavior may have something to do with it.

The most i can find is this error that looks to be caused from the weather mod however only happens when lightening begins striking.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
2016-07-08 12:19:45: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "dtime" accessed at ...160707\bin\..\games\minetest_2.0\mods\weather\rain\init.lua:143

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Sat Jul 09, 2016 15:55

I tested latest lightning, MT and mymonths. Watched several lightning strikes and had no errors or crashes.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

sofar

by sofar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 22:11

Dopium wrote:
2016-07-08 12:19:45: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "dtime" accessed at ...160707\bin\..\games\minetest_2.0\mods\weather\rain\init.lua:143

Seems like the crash is not in *this* mod, but the *rain* mod.

Dopium

by Dopium » Sun Jul 10, 2016 00:36

Yeah that's what i though however it is strange that it only happens when raining and i get about two lightening strikes until it crashes. I can have it raining for over an hour with no problems but whenever the lightening starts the two mods are clashing. This also began when i started using the latest dev build which has some changes to particles.

You're most likely right it maybe a bug with xeranus's weather mod therefor i will post the issue there aswell. There is also another bug i noticed with xeranus's weather mod anyway i might aswell bring to his attention. Thanks for having a look anyway

britt

by britt » Sat Nov 19, 2016 05:09

sofar,

I've used your Lightning mod as a dependency of a mod of my own and had to make a few changes to your mod. If you are interested in these changes, I'll figure out how to create a pull request.

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that would leave the player's sky permanently white after two lightning strikes occur in rapid succession.
  • Added ability to optionally specify the strength of a lightning strike (light, medium, heavy), with a default of "light".
  • Added variation in the damage a player takes based on how close he is to the strike point.

ErrorNull

by ErrorNull » Sat Nov 19, 2016 16:36

cool. i would love to see the changes you've made to this lightening mod. i alsi use it with my mods.

sofar

by sofar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 03:04

britt wrote:sofar,

I've used your Lightning mod as a dependency of a mod of my own and had to make a few changes to your mod. If you are interested in these changes, I'll figure out how to create a pull request.

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that would leave the player's sky permanently white after two lightning strikes occur in rapid succession.
  • Added ability to optionally specify the strength of a lightning strike (light, medium, heavy), with a default of "light".
  • Added variation in the damage a player takes based on how close he is to the strike point.

Yup, go ahead and make a pull request! Check the github help - it's quite well explained!

Previous

Return to Mod Releases