[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Marshall_maz

In-game: Mazal

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.10] [technic]

by Marshall_maz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 16:40

Hi everyone , can I put two different types of generators on the same network ? For example , I want to put a MV Solar generator and a MV fuel power generator on the same network. Will both contribute to the total amount of power generated ? Or are different types not compatible on the same network ?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Jul 25, 2014 16:47

In the past, it has been no problem to combine diffrent energy sources. If it doesn't work now, report it as an error.
A list of my mods can be found here.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Fri Jul 25, 2014 23:23

Speaking of errors, I have a kind of hacky "fix" for a couple things. Well, it works for me, so I'm keeping it for now.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
--- supply_converter-old.lua   2014-07-20 22:52:12.000000000 -0600
+++ supply_converter.lua   2014-07-25 17:08:44.000000000 -0600
@@ -10,7 +10,7 @@
 local S = technic.getter

local run = function(pos, node)
-   local demand = 10000
+   local demand = -1
    local remain = 0.9
    -- Machine information
    local machine_name  = S("Supply Converter")
@@ -26,6 +26,7 @@

if from and to then
       local input = meta:get_int(from.."_EU_input")
+      if input > 0 then demand = input end
       meta:set_int(from.."_EU_demand", demand)
       meta:set_int(from.."_EU_supply", 0)
       meta:set_int(to.."_EU_demand", 0)

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
--- switching_station-old.lua   2014-07-20 22:52:12.000000000 -0600
+++ switching_station.lua   2014-07-25 17:17:29.000000000 -0600
@@ -278,7 +278,11 @@
          for _, pos1 in pairs(RE_nodes) do
             meta1 = minetest.get_meta(pos1)
             local eu_demand = meta1:get_int(eu_demand_str)
-            meta1:set_int(eu_input_str, eu_demand)
+            if eu_demand < 0 then
+               meta1:set_int(eu_input_str, PR_eu_supply)
+            else
+               meta1:set_int(eu_input_str, eu_demand)
+            end
          end
          -- We have a surplus, so distribute the rest equally to the BA nodes
          -- Let's calculate the factor of the demand

Spirits Rising

by Spirits Rising » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36

Letting you know that this mod has an apparent conflict with the Skylands mod. Each time I have tried to load up a world with both this mod and Skylands enabled, I get the following error.

07:30:58: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
07:30:59: ERROR[main]: D:\minetest-0.4.10-win32-msvc\minetest-0.4.10\bin\..\mods
\technic\technic_worldgen\init.lua:
07:30:59: ERROR[main]: ...st-0.4.10\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/nodes.l
ua:154: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string)
07:30:59: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
07:30:59: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'ipairs'
07:30:59: ERROR[main]:  ...st-0.4.10\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/nodes.
lua:154: in function 'action'
07:30:59: ERROR[main]:  ...st-0.4.10\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen/nodes.
lua:141: in function 'for_each_registered_node'
lua:145: in main chunk
07:30:59: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'dofile'
07:30:59: ERROR[main]:  ...est-0.4.10\bin\..\mods\technic\technic_worldgen\init.
lua:10: in main chunk

HeroOfTheWinds

GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Fri Aug 01, 2014 00:19

Fixed, see my reply on the SkyLands topic. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa maxima. Not RealBadAngel's fault.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Nore

GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Fri Aug 01, 2014 03:05

@gsmanners: this should have been fixed, but I'll check anyway.
About your grinding & smelting automation, you can use only one level and crossing tubes (actually, you shouldn't even need them, normal tubes should do fine)

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Sat Aug 02, 2014 21:17

Oh, I tried all kinds of tubes. It got kind of crazy after a while. However, I found that the most efficient thing to do was to have the output tubes all spitting stuff into the open and then use a mese sand tube to clean it up. The cool thing about that is that any spillage (from when you transition to different ores or whatever) would also end up in the output box. I think the best I can do is a 4 grinder + 4 furnace setup (which eats through about 10K EU/s). I use a luacontroller as a repeater on a normal filter to give me the inputs. That way, I only need to arrange the input tubes in a way that everything can properly go where it needs to. That seems to work best.

interrupt(0.25) port.a = not pin.a

sss123next

In-game: sss123next

by sss123next » Sun Aug 03, 2014 19:17

good day, after some of recent updates of technic mod lv water generators stopped working for me, interesting what already installed and connected generators are continue producing energy, bu saying "Has No Network", newly installed generators saying "Has No Network" and does not producing energy, i placing generators in the moving water and connecting via lv cable, maybe it have to be used differently ?

i am using latest git build of minetest, and latest git version of technic mod (master branch), also i have using many other mods, is this possible what some other mod caused this ?

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

sss123next

In-game: sss123next

by sss123next » Tue Aug 05, 2014 01:33

i see problem fixed in latest git commit, thx

AMMOnym

IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:16

Hello, how can I use sonic screwdriver ?

brep

In-game: brep

by brep » Wed Aug 06, 2014 21:48

Hello everyone,

I have a supply converter connected like so:

Image Image Image Image

My goal is to convert from lv to mv, but this does not appear to be working. The switch station for the lv side says that there is a demand of 10000 whenever I connect the supply converter, but that is all it says without any indication from the supply converter that it is converting. What am I doing wrong?

-brep

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Thu Aug 07, 2014 21:22

I think the supply converter is kind of a work in progress (unless I read the above response wrong).

The "demand" variable really should be read as minimum demand and each machine should also supply a maximum demand value. This way, you can have variable power devices (like for induction smelters, etc.). A supply converter would probably qualify as a variable demand device, I think.

Wayward_One

GitHub: Wayward1
IRC: Wayward_One Wayward1
In-game: Wayward_One

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.7] [technic]

by Wayward_One » Fri Aug 08, 2014 22:56

Wayward_One wrote:Hi, can someone tell me how to use the forcefield emitter?

Anyone...?
"When life becomes a play and I don't know the role I'm cast..."

Latest Minetest builds for Android

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 07:03

It may be that no one knows how the forcefield emitter works. I tried playing with it a LONG time ago when I was still using the technic mod and the technic game and could never get it to work. I also asked about the stargate and never got any help with that either so there are probably parts that are not working or understood.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Sat Aug 09, 2014 14:36

Forcefields are kind of meh, anyway. I just now looked at it in creative, and I'm wondering why anyone would want to use it. Anyway...

It's pretty straight-forward. You right-click it and give it a range (the above shows you a range of 5) and it creates a sphere of unbreakable nodes in a sphere with itself as the center.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Sun Aug 10, 2014 01:27

LionsDen wrote:It may be that no one knows how the forcefield emitter works. I tried playing with it a LONG time ago when I was still using the technic mod and the technic game and could never get it to work. I also asked about the stargate and never got any help with that either so there are probably parts that are not working or understood.

Stargates are fully working transportation system, They just dont have any crafting recipes by now.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:13

How do you craft the 3.5% Uranium ingots necessary to make the Uranium fuel rods ?

I have plenty uranium lumps , but when I put those in a furnace it gives 0.7% Uranium ingots and those don't work to craft the fuel rods. It seems it must be the 3.5% uranium ingots. How do I get the uranium lumps to 3.5% uranium ingots ?

Thanx

Nore

by Nore » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:41

It is explained in the manual here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/master/manual.md#uranium-enrichment. Basically, you'll need a lot of centrifuges, which are MV machines.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 15:56

Nore wrote:It is explained in the manual here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/master/manual.md#uranium-enrichment. Basically, you'll need a lot of centrifuges, which are MV machines.

Thanx for the link. Doesn't help much though.
I have no idea how to set up the centrifuges with tube segments and can't find anywhere help on how that must actually look :(

Nore

by Nore » Sun Aug 17, 2014 16:00

Centrifuges work with tubes pretty like other MV machines: you have to put a tube upgrade (control logic unit) in them, and connect a tube to the side; it will then send the output items into that tube (due to a bug currently, that side may be left or right depending on the orientation of the machine). To put items into them, simply send them as you would with any pipeworks device.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 16:51

Must they have filters on the side as well ?

Nore

by Nore » Sun Aug 17, 2014 16:53

No, that's the difference between technic machines and most pipeworks devices. You should update technic as well if it doesn't work, as there was a recent bugfix.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 17:06

I'm trying the tubes now with a normal MV furnace. Tube inputs works ( from a chest ) , but output doesn't work. Everything piles up in the furnace. I put a tube on it's side which connects to a chest. I put a control logic unit in the furnace upgrade slots. The ore comes in from one tube from the chest fine , furnace burns it , but then piles up. Doesn't exit at the other tube.

Nore

by Nore » Sun Aug 17, 2014 17:08

Try the other side, and if that doesn't work, update technic, a bugfix for that was added yesterday.

ThatGraemeGuy

GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 18:50

Marshall_maz wrote:
Nore wrote:It is explained in the manual here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/master/manual.md#uranium-enrichment. Basically, you'll need a lot of centrifuges, which are MV machines.

Thanx for the link. Doesn't help much though.
I have no idea how to set up the centrifuges with tube segments and can't find anywhere help on how that must actually look :(

OK, the whole process looks really complicated, but if you break it down into a few simple facts, you see it isn't that bad,

Uranium (lumps/dust/ingots) can exist in 36 different grades, from 0.0%-fissile to 3.5%-fissile, in increments of 0.1%.
    The Uranium lumps you get from digging ore are 0.7%-fissile.
    Placing 2 uranium dust of a particular grade of uranium into a centrifuge will result in 1 dust of the lower grade and 1 dust of the higher grade. For example, placing 2 0.7%-fissile dusts into a centrifuge will result in 1 0.6%-fissile dust and 1 0.8%-fissile dust.
    In order to make fuel rods that may be used in the nuclear reactor core, you need to compress 5 x 3.5%-fissile uranium.

So what you need to do (and you really do need to do this, trying to do this manually is quite simply insane), is to automate the entire process of moving the various grades of dust around. The most straightforward arrangement is to simply have 1 centrifuge for each grade of dust from 0.1% to 3.4%. Added to that you have sorting tubes on each centrifuge to make sure the dusts go to the right place each time. You have a grinder where you place your mined 0.7% lumps, and it sends the 0.7% dusts to the centrifuge that handles the 0.7% dusts. The sorting tube attached to that centrifuge will then have filters configured to ensure that 0.7% dust is routed to it, 0.6% dust is routed to the centrifuge lower down the cascade and 0.8% dust is routed to the one higher in the cascade.

This general setup applies to all centrifuges except the 2 at the extreme ends of the cascade. The centrifuge outputting 0.0%-fissile dust will not feed into another centrifuge, instead you can whatever you want with those dusts. I chose to feed them into a furnace to make ingots, which in turn outputs to an autocrafter which makes blocks from every 9 ingots. At the other extreme, the centrifuge which takes 3.4% dust as input will have its 3.5% dust outputted to a furnace, which in turn outputs to a compressor, which will compress 5 ingots into a fuel rod. This you can then output to a chest.

Here's a visual.

Nore

by Nore » Sun Aug 17, 2014 20:31

Yes, it's exactly what's expected :). Also, 0.0% fissile uranium blocks, although a bit radioactive, is an excellent radiation shield; you can use it as a replacement for the concrete layer of a reactor, and add another layer of cheaper shielding for those blocks; it will probably become even more useful later when the blast-resistant concrete layer will be made optional too.

qwrwed

In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Mon Aug 18, 2014 01:30

Are there any plans to add HV furnaces/grinders/alloy furnaces to this mod?
Also, there is a texture mismatch: https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/155

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 06:25

@ ThatGraemeguy ,

Thanx for that detailed explanation. Best I found so far. I understand the process , but the tubes is still the problem. Normal tubes doesn't even work in my game let alone sorting tubes. I still can't see how the sorting tubes must be configured. In my game the sorting tubes doesn't even see the output so that I can configure it. ( nothing shows at the on / off buttons ) Normal tubes doesn't even work with other technic machines such as furnaces. It was said here that it must be a bug. I think that's my biggest problem , the tubes not working at all and that confuses me as I try my best to set up the tubes but it doesn't want to work. I hope to update tonight which will hopefully fix the bug between tubes and technic. If the tubes start to work I might be able to figure it out.

Regarding your picture , I also don't understand why all the centrifuges are in a straight line. The 0.8 goes to next furnace , but where do the 0.6 go ? Does that skip one centrifuge and goes to the next. ?

EDIT: One thing I see is that you have your tubes connected at the back of the devices. Mine I put on the sides , maybe that's why my tubes don't work ?

Nore

by Nore » Mon Aug 18, 2014 08:09

Well, try all the different sides, you'll finally find the correct direction. Moreover, tubes only work with MV machines, not LV ones. About the picture, the idea is that each tube is a sorting tube, that will send the item in the machine if it's the correct one, or in the correct direction else: next to 0.7% machine you would have a tube that would send 0.7% dusts in the machine, 0.6% one side and 0.8% the other side.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:37

Nore wrote:Well, try all the different sides, you'll finally find the correct direction. Moreover, tubes only work with MV machines, not LV ones. About the picture, the idea is that each tube is a sorting tube, that will send the item in the machine if it's the correct one, or in the correct direction else: next to 0.7% machine you would have a tube that would send 0.7% dusts in the machine, 0.6% one side and 0.8% the other side.

I tried all sides now , only input works. Unable to get output.

Will try again after I have updated.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases