[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

mtmodder148

GitHub: MT-Modder
In-game: mtmodder148

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by mtmodder148 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:55

Lead can be made into blocks for decorative purposes. Sulfur on the other hand has no use, yet. I could always be wrong :-).

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:59

Eventually those materials will be used to make batteries, in lieu of the way they're made now.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

poet.nohit

GitHub: poet-nohit

by poet.nohit » Wed Mar 18, 2015 18:49

What would be great for sulphur is if you needed it for gunpowder. Then we could have some serious explosives to work with.

SpaghettiToastBook

by SpaghettiToastBook » Thu Mar 19, 2015 02:11

poet.nohit wrote:What would be great for sulphur is if you needed it for gunpowder. Then we could have some serious explosives to work with.

That'd be nice, though I'd probably only want to use it for explosives more powerful than TNT since sulfur is not very common.
Last edited by SpaghettiToastBook on Thu Mar 19, 2015 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 13:09

SpaghettiToastBook wrote:
poet.nohit wrote:What would be great for sulphur is if you needed it for gunpowder. Then we could have some serious explosives to work with.

That'd be nice, though I'd probably only want to use it for explosives more powerful than TNT since sulfur not very common.

Sulfur is used to make TNT, though there isn't any in the final product.

Nore

GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Sat Mar 21, 2015 15:10

SpaghettiToastBook wrote:

That'd be nice, though I'd probably only want to use it for explosives more powerful than TNT since sulfur is not very common.

Sulfur is found near lava, where you can find it in large quantities, so you just need to find lava and it is actually quite common once you've found lava caves.

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Sat Mar 21, 2015 20:58

I have a subterrain-style nether mod I'm working on that generates huge lava lakes, and I wouldn't exactly call it "common" to find sulphur (though it is pretty plentiful, absolutely).

Nore

by Nore » Sat Mar 21, 2015 21:20

poet.nohit wrote:I have a subterrain-style nether mod I'm working on that generates huge lava lakes, and I wouldn't exactly call it "common" to find sulphur (though it is pretty plentiful, absolutely).

Well, once you've found a lake with sulfur nearby, you'll have plenty of it; however, I'm not sure that sulfur will generate next to lava added by another mod (because sulfur may be generated before that lava).

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Mon Mar 23, 2015 19:10

Yeah, I had to change technic_worldgen's depends in my game to make that work.

SpaghettiToastBook

by SpaghettiToastBook » Thu Mar 26, 2015 04:56

Why is the windmill disabled by default?

ThatGraemeGuy

GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 09:16

SpaghettiToastBook wrote:Why is the windmill disabled by default?

My assumption has always been that its too cheap. It ought to have some form of wear, as it is now you build a wind generator which isn't all that expensive and it just keeps generating a very decent amount of power indefinitely.

There might be some better official explanation though.

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Sat Mar 28, 2015 04:17

Here's an idea I'd like to try out: how about a "Paired" mode for the Injector? That way, you could set up a centrifuge system in a much more efficient way than the standard "cascade" and keep things simple when you do that whole enrichment process.

Edit: https://github.com/poet-nohit/minetest- ... 7e65043a7d

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Mar 29, 2015 08:07

Why did you save the music player top file as a jpg?
So it's a bigger file (at least 100 Bytes bigger).

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Wed Apr 15, 2015 01:51

As of yet I haven't found any zinc, chromium, or uranium, but I've found coal, iron, copper, tin, silver, gold, mithril, mese, and diamond. Anyone know why this might be?

EDIT: Not sure how to make bronze now. Craft recipe says wrought iron and copper, which I tried in an alloy furnace and in inventory crafting. I'm going to try and use up all my bronze and see if that's it.

ShadowNinja

GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Wed Apr 15, 2015 15:47

supercutsminetest wrote:As of yet I haven't found any zinc, chromium, or uranium [...]

These have restrictive heights limits, you won't find them outside these elevations:
  • Uranuim: -300 to -80.
  • Zinc: -32 to 2.
  • Chromium: -200 to -100
I play on my Minetest server and VanessaE's.
The best way to contact me is usually IRC (InchraNet, freenode).

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Wed Apr 15, 2015 18:07

I've been playing around with doing blobs for ores and that really seems like the way to go, IMHO.

See https://github.com/poet-nohit/minetest- ... 50f995e305

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Wed Apr 15, 2015 19:02

ShadowNinja wrote:
supercutsminetest wrote:As of yet I haven't found any zinc, chromium, or uranium [...]

Minetest credits - Just noticed you are there ShadowNinja - I appreciate the work you put in this!

These have restrictive heights limits, you won't find them outside these elevations:
  • Uranuim: -300 to -80.
  • Zinc: -32 to 2.
  • Chromium: -200 to -100

Thanks - I thought I read somewhere earlier in the forum that zinc had no limits, but I checked the oregen.lua file in technic_worldgen and see what you mean. I'm going to search actively for the zinc then. I've been farming at -200 to -300 for quite a while and I haven't seen any chromium or uranuim, I'll update when I can. I appreciate the help guys.

Update * - Current mods are craft_guide, creatures, mesecons, moreblocks, moreores, pipeworks, and technic.

no zinc. - In the oregen.lua file, "oregen" , there is a second part defining zinc gen, and it says -32 to -31000. I have got lead from oregen, marble and granite. Not the others, zinc, chromium, uranium, and sulfur. I've only run into two lava pits though. I've been in the ~-250 range for a bit now, looking for new ores.

Made new worlds - I found zinc, rubber and regular trees. After some time playing, is zinc not common? After scouting and finding it with noclip/fly/fast, I played for a while and found none.

Creating bronze - I can make bronze - Looking in craft_guide - a recipe says wrought iron ingot + copper = bronze ingot (doesn't work) - another recipe says tin + 2 copper = 3 bronze ingot (works). Found it in the moreores init.lua.

I wonder if competing mods - how a recipe wins?

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Thu Apr 16, 2015 17:23

poet.nohit wrote:I've been playing around with doing blobs for ores and that really seems like the way to go, IMHO.

I didn't understand your post, I'm new to github and programming. Even lay programming. I'm going to copy yours and try it out. I'm still not sure what blob means, I'll do more digging. I want to lean towards something is happening with the spawn rate or something, I've been trying to compare the original oregen.lua language on lead vs. zinc because I have been finding lead no problem. I got around to looking at your link poet after I looked at some .lua files, I appreciate the work you put in it, I need to look at it more to understand it, but I think I'll also just try replacing the oregen.lua file with yours and see how it goes.

To sum it up - I am having a problem with Technics zinc generation.

Assumptions - Zinc can be found ymax 2 to ymin -31000. Zinc is more common than lead and silver. Lead/Marble/Granite are Technic nodes.

Facts - World 1 - 107 mese crystals mined before using noclip/fast/fly. 0 Zinc, 0 uranium, 0 chromium, 0 sulfur seen (also after using noclip/fast/fly). No sulfur found (searched 3 lava pits). Lots of lead, marble and granite found.

After world 1 - I enabled noclip/fast/fly for all worlds in beginning to see if I could find zinc.

World 2 - Found 1 zinc, no regular trees, but rubber trees were present (15 minutes in world.).

World 3 - Found 1 zinc, regular trees, and rubber trees in 10 minutes. Did not mine the zinc. Disabled fly/noclip/fast. Not sure how long I played, but stayed ymax 0 and ymin 32 for mining, yielded 20 lead no zinc. Turned noclip/fast/fly on, and flew around for 10 minutes until I found zinc, mined it. Disabled privs and continued mining, found 1 zinc more. Currently 44 copper, 34 tin, 26 lead, 5 silver, and 2 zinc.

Conclusion - If my assumptions are correct, I should be finding more zinc.

So far... Changed the oregen.lua for zinc parameters (clust_scarcity, clust_num_ores, clust_size) to match leads. Finding zinc now. May have to tweak for similar nodes I can't find, unless it is working as intended in world 3, and just world 1 had no zinc. I may tweak world 1 to see.

General questions - When are nodes generated? If I create a world, edit the oregen.lua after, will the new oregen.lua affect the world already created? Is there object/node permanence or does it get generated with each world load. For scarcity, num ores, size, does increasing the number increase or decrease the number of that node, it looks like the 5x5x5 yields more than 6x6x6 for example.

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Thu Apr 16, 2015 21:04

supercutsminetest wrote:
poet.nohit wrote:I've been playing around with doing blobs for ores and that really seems like the way to go, IMHO.

I didn't understand your post, I'm new to github and programming. Even lay programming. I'm going to copy yours and try it out. I'm still not sure what blob means, I'll do more digging.

Blob is one way ore is placed in the map.
http://dev.minetest.net/minetest.register_ore
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Thu Apr 16, 2015 21:35

Don wrote:
supercutsminetest wrote:

I didn't understand your post, I'm new to github and programming. Even lay programming. I'm going to copy yours and try it out. I'm still not sure what blob means, I'll do more digging.

Blob is one way ore is placed in the map.
http://dev.minetest.net/minetest.register_ore

Thanks - that is a great link!

So with that wiki - I've been able to figure out what the language means. After decreasing the scarcity in oregen.lua I am only able to see changes in new worlds created after modifying the oregen.lua. Is there a way to respawn nodes in a world already created, or am I stuck?

Deleting minetest and mods and starting fresh - I think adding the mod after the world was created had something to do with it? I'm not sure...
Last edited by supercutsminetest on Thu Apr 16, 2015 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

Don

by Don » Thu Apr 16, 2015 22:25

I don't know if you can re generate map chunks but it only effects the areas you generated. Any map chunks that have not generated will have the new settings.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Thu Apr 16, 2015 22:35

You can force a mapblock to regenerate by flying to the affected position and doing " /deleteblocks here " (with the literal word "here"). All normal mapgen functions, including ores and register_on_generated() will run in the refreshed block.

Careful, sometimes it can affect or delete-and-regenerate neighboring blocks (in all 6 directions) also.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

Don

by Don » Thu Apr 16, 2015 23:34

VanessaE wrote:You can force a mapblock to regenerate by flying to the affected position and doing " /deleteblocks here " (with the literal word "here"). All normal mapgen functions, including ores and register_on_generated() will run in the refreshed block.

Careful, sometimes it can affect or delete-and-regenerate neighboring blocks (in all 6 directions) also.

Thanks VanessaE. I forgot about that

Nore

by Nore » Fri Apr 17, 2015 20:32

supercutsminetest wrote:General questions - When are nodes generated? If I create a world, edit the oregen.lua after, will the new oregen.lua affect the world already created? Is there object/node permanence or does it get generated with each world load. For scarcity, num ores, size, does increasing the number increase or decrease the number of that node, it looks like the 5x5x5 yields more than 6x6x6 for example.

The nodes are generated when the blocks containing them are; so if you change the values, you need to explore more of your world.
About your problem for finding zinc, the explanation is that ores in technic follow a "perlin noise" distribution: that means that there are places where zinc (and other places for other ores) will be quite common, while there are other places where those ores can't be found; you therefore need to explore your world a bit (the scale of the distribution can be up to 100x100 nodes), and you will likely find some places with zinc and other with the other ores. About sulphur, it only generates near lava, so you need to explore a few lava lakes.
Finally, about bronze: there is a recipe in vanilla minetest that adds the steel + copper recipe; this one is deleted by technic because it does not make sense.

poet.nohit

by poet.nohit » Fri Apr 17, 2015 21:04

I found those noise params to be very strange for generating ores (although the seeds are okay). The sheets don't seem to be generating at the right levels in the latest engine, which is probably an engine bug. I've actually found granite at levels 100 blocks higher than they should have been when I was generating sheets.

deivan

by deivan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 22:49

The recipe from the lv_grinder don't is working with my crafting guide and after 4 hours of debug I found the problem... The name is wrong in your mod, the old name "technic:lv_grinder" is now "technic:grinder". I don't know if is a problem with the aliases but now is working here after I changed the name back to "technic:lv_grinder" in your mod, is a small and easy correction.

jabalijoan

by jabalijoan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 14:42

Hello everyone:

I need a little help to build my version of TBM to excavate "stairs". The idea is to dig at 45 ° and then install rails in the tunnel up and down by train between caves.

I researched as much as I could about frames in the forum, irc channel, youtube, etc. It's really difficult to find information !!! :-D I would appreciate your help very much. Insert a post is my last resort.

Solved the first problem (put a frame on the arrow ABOVE the engine to operate) and the second (insert tubes (pipeworks) in the frame), I try to insert other things (mesecons, logic control, etc) and can not find the way.

What I can insert into a frame? Only tubes?

Greetings.

Nore

by Nore » Fri Apr 24, 2015 08:59

Yes, only tubes can be inserted in frames, but objects that are touching frames will be dragged too. You can also use templates (the idea is that you build your structure, place templates to replace every node, and click on the template that is next to a motor with the template tool); this makes it easier to build complex machines.

jabalijoan

by jabalijoan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:13

Thx for reply, Nore :-)
I'll get the textures for template, etc and investigate about it before asking more.

Greetings.

addi

by addi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 14:02

not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

after technic mod installed, it is not longer possible to craft default:sandstone

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases