Ehm, yes it does.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 16:54

pagliaccio wrote:on minetest 0.4.7 not work

Did you install all dependencies?
Did you enable it in configure ?
Last edited by Zeg9 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Sun Jun 09, 2013 05:42

It does not work for me either. I am using the beta, and the stargate and different colored glass is the only thing working.

And yes I did check configs, and although I'm not an expert, everything saying "true" does mean it should be active.
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Sun Jun 09, 2013 05:45, edited 1 time in total.

by 1244 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 08:40

Have you plantlife mod? If you don't have this moretrees isn't working and technic too.

pagliaccio

by pagliaccio » Sun Jun 09, 2013 20:54

Zeg9 wrote:
pagliaccio wrote:on minetest 0.4.7 not work

enable? i have update fron 0.4.6 how i can enable?

kpo

by kpo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 21:03

VanessaE wrote:A variant of the crash bug vktRus reported - this one happens when someone uses the chainsaw:

18:53:49: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaE rror: error: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/item.lua:339: attempt to call field 'handle_node_drops' (a nil value)
18:53:49: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread 7f9e46e2a780:
/home/vanessa/Minetest-Textures-and-mods/minetest_engine/src/main.cpp:2179: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f9e46e2a780:
#0 int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1 Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2 virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3 virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
(Leftover data: #4 void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)

A brief grep through the mod shows that handle_item_drops is being redefined in technic/technic/chainsaw.lua and also technic/item_drop/init.lua . Surely one of these re-definitions needs to be removed, but either way it causes the server to crash.

I will try and look into it. I did the chainsaw trickery to make it coexist with the drop items mod. I am open to suggestions however. The issue I was faced with here is that to chop down a whole tree I have to all the dig_node function and that one was already globally overridden. So what is done is to save the global one, switch in my version, chop the tree and last restore the original hook. In some cases this is good in others it gives this nil pointer issue. Maybe it is a local scope issue.

by 1244 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 05:41

pagliaccio wrote:
on minetest 0.4.7 not work
enable? i have update fron 0.4.6 how i can enable?

To enable mods you must select yor world in menu and click configure button. In this you can click enable all and and click save. Thats all.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Mon Jun 10, 2013 07:25

1244 wrote:Have you plantlife mod? If you don't have this moretrees isn't working and technic too.

Yes I have plant life. Although pipe works I did not. But pipe works is incomparable with a few of my current mods apparently. That or technical. I'm going to fiddle around and see what I can find.

kpo

by kpo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 20:22

kpo wrote:
VanessaE wrote:A variant of the crash bug vktRus reported - this one happens when someone uses the chainsaw:

18:53:49: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaE rror: error: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/item.lua:339: attempt to call field 'handle_node_drops' (a nil value)
18:53:49: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread 7f9e46e2a780:
/home/vanessa/Minetest-Textures-and-mods/minetest_engine/src/main.cpp:2179: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f9e46e2a780:
#0 int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1 Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2 virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3 virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
(Leftover data: #4 void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)

A brief grep through the mod shows that handle_item_drops is being redefined in technic/technic/chainsaw.lua and also technic/item_drop/init.lua . Surely one of these re-definitions needs to be removed, but either way it causes the server to crash.

I will try and look into it. I did the chainsaw trickery to make it coexist with the drop items mod. I am open to suggestions however. The issue I was faced with here is that to chop down a whole tree I have to all the dig_node function and that one was already globally overridden. So what is done is to save the global one, switch in my version, chop the tree and last restore the original hook. In some cases this is good in others it gives this nil pointer issue. Maybe it is a local scope issue.

I have updated the indev branch of technic. The chainsaw should no longer exhibit the nil pointer issue. At least I went about chopping down massive amounts of trees without a hiccup.

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Sat Jun 15, 2013 23:09

Had a server crash today

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
03:05:50: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...ndon/minetest/bin/../mods/technic/technic/flashlight.lua:53: attempt to index a nil value

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 21:57

I have some questions about the stargates. How do you build them and can you have more than two and how do they work? I have done a lot of searches but I haven't found any info on this as of yet. I have used both google and the forums search and neither is giving me any results that answer my questions. Thanks for the help.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 22:52

Hey guys,
I installed all (so far known) dependencies like moretrees, plantlife but for some reason, the tree tap is ignoring my wishes. No matter how i try to use it, i dont get technic:raw_latex. Btw Brandon, on your server this doesnt work either, i tried it several times (just try it yourself as non-admin). Every mod is loading and working as far as i can see it now (i think a bunch of beautiful palm trees is proof enough for a working moretrees mod). So what could i have missed that this tree tap isnt working?

Greetings, fairiestoy
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 06:42

I can't seem to make the doped silicon wafer in the alloy furnace from silicon wafers and mithril dust anymore. I could using the previous version of the mod. The recipe doesn't even show up in the inventory recipe list anymore either.

I'm not sure how the recipe list is populated but sometimes recipes are shown that don't work at all and sometimes no recipes are shown that do work. For example, the wooden pickaxe only shows 1 recipe and to use that recipe, you need to create the CNC Machine. Even though the standard of 3 planks and 2 sticks does work at creating the wooden pickaxe.

I do have some other mods installed, a list of them is below.

Pilzadams Nether
FloatLands
Sethome
Technic
Pipeworks
MoreOres
MapTools
MoreBlocks
Carts
Farming_Plus
Food
Mesecons
Moretrees
PlantLife
Technic
Tiny Trees
Vines & Ropes
WorldEdit

I don't think any of them are interfering though. Hope that this helps with the troubleshooting.

Nore

GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Tue Jun 18, 2013 06:44

It has been changed recently, because it was too expensive. You need to use gold dust.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 06:44

fairiestoy wrote:Hey guys,
I installed all (so far known) dependencies like moretrees, plantlife but for some reason, the tree tap is ignoring my wishes. No matter how i try to use it, i dont get technic:raw_latex. Btw Brandon, on your server this doesnt work either, i tried it several times (just try it yourself as non-admin). Every mod is loading and working as far as i can see it now (i think a bunch of beautiful palm trees is proof enough for a working moretrees mod). So what could i have missed that this tree tap isnt working?

Greetings, fairiestoy

I don't know what is wrong with your copy, but my copy has the tree tap working fine. Since you can create the tree tap and have the rubber tree to try it on, something else must be going on with your version of either the game or the mod or even both. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06

LionsDen wrote:
fairiestoy wrote:Hey guys,

Greetings, fairiestoy

I don't know what is wrong with your copy, but my copy has the tree tap working fine. Since you can create the tree tap and have the rubber tree to try it on, something else must be going on with your version of either the game or the mod or even both. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

In fact I dont know if my client is just rejecting it. I mean i have a local installed version of this mod not working and on a remote server. I have downloaded minetest 0.4.7 as .zip and so far there are no major problems with other mods. If no one else has this problem, i will try a verbose log of minetest and see if i get more information.

Greetings
Last edited by fairiestoy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 00:09

The geothermal generator no longer works. The lava source turns to obsidian when you place the water source. The water and lava can't be diagonal any longer so I don't know how you can update or fix this.

I love the mod though. :)

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Jun 23, 2013 00:58

Make geothermal generators like the water turbines, except the geothermal generators need lava sources above them...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 01:58

Jordach wrote:Make geothermal generators like the water turbines, except the geothermal generators need lava sources above them...

That was my thought but then he would likely need to rename them to lava generators or something. Geothermal gets it's energy from the differences in temperature so the name wouldn't quite fit in with that idea.

Still, at first, that is how I thought they worked and was setting them up like my water mills except using lava. I was playing around with ideas today when I noticed I wasn't getting any energy. I then looked up information and finally found the video showing how to use them and I thought uh oh when I saw water that close to the lava. I tried it and I was right, instant obsidian cube.

I was thinking that maybe having the water on one side of the cube and lava on the other would be okay, but as they currently work, you only get 50% power from them. If he changes it so that you get 100% power by placing the geothermal generator between a lava source and a water source, he would still be able to call it a geothermal generator. :)

deivan

by deivan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32

Please, make the energy of the battery box persistent. I don't like when I need pick up a battery box and all energy disappear from it. :-/

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 16:35

deivan wrote:Please, make the energy of the battery box persistent. I don't like when I need pick up a battery box and all energy disappear from it. :-/

That may not be an easy thing for him to do. The battery boxes are stackable, they would all probably be set to whatever the first box in your inventory has or be wiped out. If they were made non stackable, it could probably be done but there would be more overhead in the mod. Plus I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement. I am just starting to learn the modding for this game so I don't know what is/is not possible/easy at this time.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41

deivan wrote:Please, make the energy of the battery box persistent. I don't like when I need pick up a battery box and all energy disappear from it. :-/

Use a battery or energy crystal to save energy stored in batbox.

This way you can go mining with one battery box and a few crystals.
When your tools are depleted, place batbox on the ground, put crystal in discharge slot and tool in charge one.
When finished charging your tools, save rest of energy from batbox back to crystal.
Voila.

Other topic:

Sorry that i was inactive last month. I have moved to other flat and had problems geting decent connection. By now im using mobile one but propably next week i will get cable one.
I do have lotsa of changes ready, i have to check what other contributors did when i was away and merge them.
So, stay tuned :)
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:15

RealBadAngel wrote:

Use a battery or energy crystal to save energy stored in batbox.

This way you can go mining with one battery box and a few crystals.
When your tools are depleted, place batbox on the ground, put crystal in discharge slot and tool in charge one.
When finished charging your tools, save rest of energy from batbox back to crystal.
Voila.

Other topic:

Sorry that i was inactive last month. I have moved to other flat and had problems geting decent connection. By now im using mobile one but propably next week i will get cable one.
I do have lotsa of changes ready, i have to check what other contributors did when i was away and merge them.
So, stay tuned :)
I've been merging bugfixes while you've been afk.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:26

Thx :)

Im polishing now all the formspecs in the game to be like UI style.
Also i have decided that technic will be a game mode. With own music, textures, etc.
We can develop it as a game and split core as a branch to be aviable for use with other game modes.
But main shall be independent and come as a pack with all mods needed. Download and play.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27

RealBadAngel wrote:

BTW, I merged something called Ingot Blocks, for each ore you added, there is now a ore block for them. Makes life much better since the grinder doubles everything. (Ore blocks are like steel blocks.)
Last edited by Jordach on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Jun 27, 2013 14:08

Jordach wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:

BTW, I merged something called Ingot Blocks, for each ore you added, there is now a ore block for them. Makes life much better since the grinder doubles everything. (Ore blocks are like steel blocks.)

You'll have to add those to the indev version of technic as well.

Johnyknowhow

In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:11

RealBadAngel wrote:Mod updated. Added Constructors - watch video in tutorials section.
Added also list of grindable stuff.

This is bothering me. I cant find any video tutorials! I've been looking everywhere! Where are the video tutorials!
there is nothing specific about the constructors, im just making a reference.
Last edited by Johnyknowhow on Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
I lost interest in Minetest for a couple of years and... I am still not really paying much attention. I rarely browse these forums anymore but it's nice to see old faces.

obligatory fancy signature goes here

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Thu Jun 27, 2013 16:05

Johnyknowhow wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:Mod updated. Added Constructors - watch video in tutorials section.
Added also list of grindable stuff.

This is bothering me. I cant find any video tutorials! I've been looking everywhere! Where are the video tutorials!
there is nothing specific about the constructors, im just making a reference.

A few videos on RealBadAngel's YouTube channel can help you out a little bit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RealBadAngel1973

Jordach

by Jordach » Thu Jun 27, 2013 21:07

Inocudom wrote:
Jordach wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:

You'll have to add those to the indev version of technic as well.
Well. I could spend the day re-basing stuff, but RBA did say that it will become one branch again, just a stable, indev set of branches.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases