[Modpack] Plantlife [rolling release] [plantlife_modpack]

Pitriss

GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Tue Oct 01, 2013 03:17

Hi, please is possible add raw pie recipe which also accept strawberries from farming_plus (if installed)?
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Tue Oct 01, 2013 07:14

Good idea. Added in git.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Oct 24, 2013 02:20

Bushes Classic just got a nice upgrade:

Digging a bush gives you that bush, with a 1/5 chance of getting two, so you can slowly grow your garden.

Craft one bush by itself to turn it into four of the corresponding fruit. You can craft two sugar, one jungle grass, and three fruit to get one raw pie of that fruit. Cook it to make it edible. ;-) Heals 2 hearts.

Craft one whole pie by itself to get four slices, each of which heals 1/2 heart.

Craft two sugar, one jungle grass, and mix-and-match six fruits to get two mixed fruit pies. Cook it as before, craft one to get four slices.

You can also craft baskets in which to keep the pies (effectively triples your storage space for pies).

See the first post for details/crafting information.

nater6927

by nater6927 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 00:19

Can you ask BlockMe to add this for his Better HUD mod please, its for the food bar that he added.
Last edited by nater6927 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube series of Minetest! http:bit.ly/JoinRomanEmpire

jenova99sephiros

In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Sun Oct 27, 2013 04:17

Please add plants
I english google translator

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun Oct 27, 2013 06:29

nater: I'll leave that up to him, but I would hope his code checks if an item is edible.

jenova: Add what plants, exactly?

jenova99sephiros

In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Sun Oct 27, 2013 07:22

More flowers!
Water plants more!
Many ivy, weed and more!
I want the various plants anyway!
I english google translator

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun Oct 27, 2013 15:09

For stuff like that, get the Undergrowth modpack (https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7207) and the Dry Grasses mod (https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7143). Those depend on Plantlife/plants_lib anyway. The combination of these really loads the world up with foliage.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Oct 27, 2013 22:08

VanessaE wrote:Digging a bush gives you that bush, with a 1/5 chance of getting two, so you can slowly grow your garden.

The bushes are a nice addition. I'm looking forward to tasty berries!

VanessaE wrote:Craft one bush by itself to turn it into four of the corresponding fruit.

That annoys me a bit. Can't you change it so that it depends on which tool you use on the bush? That is: Raw hands give you the fruits and turn the bush into a berry-less one. The berries regrow after some time. This is the behaviour Mauvebics farming plants show. It is very well suited for plants that last more than one summer and that survive beeing bereft of their fruits. It would only require one more texture (bush without berries) and storage of what type of bush that used to be before harvesting so that it does regrow the right type of fruit.

In order to get the bush as such, a shovel might be very helpful. Just dig the bush including roots.

If an axe is used, the bush could provide some sticks (but no fruits).

This would also be very fine for some plants from farming_plus. It annoys me that plants like strawberries (there are breeds of both type), rhubarb and so on are destroyed on harvest in farming_plus - while in Mauvebics mods, even carrots and potatoes survive harvesting and regrow. Both is unrealistic as it relies on the plant.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 23:25

Sokomine wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Digging a bush gives you that bush, with a 1/5 chance of getting two, so you can slowly grow your garden.

The bushes are a nice addition. I'm looking forward to tasty berries!

VanessaE wrote:Craft one bush by itself to turn it into four of the corresponding fruit.

That annoys me a bit. Can't you change it so that it depends on which tool you use on the bush? That is: Raw hands give you the fruits and turn the bush into a berry-less one. The berries regrow after some time. This is the behaviour Mauvebics farming plants show. It is very well suited for plants that last more than one summer and that survive beeing bereft of their fruits. It would only require one more texture (bush without berries) and storage of what type of bush that used to be before harvesting so that it does regrow the right type of fruit.

In order to get the bush as such, a shovel might be very helpful. Just dig the bush including roots.

If an axe is used, the bush could provide some sticks (but no fruits).

This would also be very fine for some plants from farming_plus. It annoys me that plants like strawberries (there are breeds of both type), rhubarb and so on are destroyed on harvest in farming_plus - while in Mauvebics mods, even carrots and potatoes survive harvesting and regrow. Both is unrealistic as it relies on the plant.

I support everything Sokomine said. Everything.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Tue Oct 29, 2013 01:15

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 01:18

Very good idea, VanessaE. I hope the same will be done for farming and farming_plus one day (considering what you did to them on your creative server, I would suggest making pull requests for them.)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Tue Oct 29, 2013 01:20

And.. minor tweak pushed to git to slow the fruit regrowth abm down.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Nov 02, 2013 21:12

Small update today: The junglegrass mod will now define default:junglegrass if it doesn't exist (e.g. if your game doesn't already include it). All pies' recipes that rely on it can also work with the other sizes of junglegrass that come with this modpack.

Minor tuning for pies vs. fruits:
Raw fruit or sugar heals 1/2 heart.
A raw pie heals 2 hearts.
A cooked pie heals 3 hearts or it can be split into 6 slices.
A slice of pie heals 1/2 heart.
A basket of pies heals 9 hearts (and sadly, consumes the basket).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Nov 02, 2013 23:57

Another update:

Had a "DUH!" moment just after that last update...minetest_game usually has PilzAdam's farming mod included with it, so bushes will use that mod's flour for making pies instead of jungle grass, if it is installed. Junglegrass will be used only if farming is not present.

Make bushes mod support farming_plus a little bit - either its or bushes' strawberries may be used to make a strawberry pie or a mixed fruit pie - mix and match the two types of strawberries as desired.

move clone node function from junglegrass mod to plants_lib so that other mods can use it.

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 02:46

I tweaked the lilypad textures in this mod for use in my game Eden. I softened the color differences a little. I think it looks pretty good. If you agree, I will create a pull request for this mod. If not, that's cool too.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun Nov 03, 2013 02:55

sure, go ahead and make your pull request :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun Nov 03, 2013 22:59

Updates:

Made bushes also spawn on wet or dry farming soil (at the same rates as anywhere else).

Slowed down overall berry regrowth and at the same time make it so that if a bush is planted on wet farming soil, it will re-grow its berries faster, provided the soil remains wet.

On average, a wild bush will regrow its berries 50% slower than before, while a farmed bush will regrow its berries twice as fast as the wild ones did before (about three times faster than a wild one does now).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Nov 16, 2013 01:53

Minor change to plants_lib: It now takes the current time_speed (in your minetest.conf) into account when setting the growing and spawning ABM intervals. A time_speed of 72 (the default) will keep the intervals unchanged, so most users won't see any change from this. Double that speed results in half the interval, and so forth.

A lower limit of 1 for growing and spawning intervals is now in effect, should the math go all wonky for some reason.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Fri Nov 22, 2013 01:11

Small update: Added the necessary flags to most plantlike objects for when the new waving plants shader gets put into mainsteam.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Dec 14, 2013 21:15

Update: The jungle grass mod has gone bye-bye. It was annoying, believed to have been the cause of some lag, and not really necessary. It may make a re-appearance some day, but if so it will be only via on-generated. I might make the grass spawn in multiple sizes (like the default wild grass does) and have it grow into full default:junglegrass if people still want that (but I won't make it die and disappear).

The removed nodes have been aliased to air. The old code still remains in git history if people decide they still want it. No changes were made to the API, so it'll still run.

Alienhunter3010

by Alienhunter3010 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 20:58

Hi to all,
I wrote this patch that I add on the bottom of existing one inside flowers_plus:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
-- by ACe
plantslib:spawn_on_surfaces({
        spawn_delay = SPAWN_DELAY*2,
        spawn_plants = {"flowers:tulip", "flowers:rose", "flowers:dandelion_yellow", "flowers:dandelion_white", "flowers:geranium", "flowers:viola"},
        spawn_chance = SPAWN_CHANCE*2,
        spawn_surfaces = {"default:dirt_with_grass"},
        avoid_nodes = {"group:flower", "group:flora" },
        seed_diff = flowers_seed_diff,
        light_min = 4,
        light_max = 10,
        neighbors = {"default:water_source"},
        ncount = 1,
        facedir = 1
})

I expect that fowers spawn by themself on existing map areas - ad waterlilys do! - but it doesn't work. What's my mistake? I have no errors on the server log!

Thank you.

CheerfulCherub

by CheerfulCherub » Mon Mar 24, 2014 22:02

Vanessa, thank-you for all you wonderful mod and textures packs, each of them work. Keep up all the good work you are doing for Minetest.

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Plantlife [20140524] [plantlife]

by VanessaE » Sun May 25, 2014 00:33

Update: Some performance improvements by SoniEx2 and I, plus the best part is that the ability to directly pass a function to the register_generate_plant() call has been added, thanks to SoniEx2 as well.

DEPRECATED: Passing functions as literal strings there is no longer recommended. Please pass functions directly in that call instead. The two ABM-based calls still use strings, even though I botched the commit messages. :-) These will be updated to follow soon.

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 13:40

Hello !

I've found somewhat strange in the code, I think it's an error.
In flower_plus/init.lua lines 317 and 318 : the variables lilypads_max_count and lilypads_rarity don't appear at others places. By adding "print(tostring(lilipad_max_count) .. tostring(lilipad_rarity))" I'm now sure that there are nil. I've tried to replace "lilypads" by "lilies" and I've obtained more waterlilies, and especially more differents ones. I've created two worlds with the same seed and take screenshots at the same places :
First world : with "lilies" at lines 317-318
Second world, with "lilypads" :

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Tue Jul 01, 2014 13:56

Your copy must be out of date, as I've just just checked with the current git HEAD of plantlife and current minetest_game, and I can simply right click and place a lily or seaweed on the water, and both behave exactly as you suggest they should.

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 16:00

I'm not talking about placing a lily with right click, but about spawning in map generation (I have not a good english, I know). I've downloaded plantlife yesterday. I'm trying to understand the API of Plantlib to make a mod. I was analysing the code of the mods of Plantlife (to see examples), and Moretrees, and I find strange that max_count and rarity are set on nil values because the variants (and not variables, it's in French) lilypads_max_count and lilypads_rarity doesn't exist.

But except it I think it's an awesome work and I will try to make my mod compatible with Plantlife and Moretrees.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Tue Jul 01, 2014 23:50

Oh yes now I see what you're saying. Fixed in git.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Fri Jul 04, 2014 04:54

Update: Please welcome another old friend back to your Minetest worlds. :-)

I've imported part of the original nature pack - namely, the apple blossoms/apple spawning code, and have named the result "nature_classic" in this modpack. It still works like it always has, too, e.g. apple blossoms will eventually spawn on default trees if they're near water, and apples will gradually grow on said trees. Blossoms will turn back into leaves after some time, and are usable as fuel. This version has an extra flag in the node def to make the blossoms wave with the waving leaves shader.

This does not include the old iron trees code, as that's just plain obsolete, nor the growing trees code, as I don't think that's really necessary at this time.

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Plantlife [20140524] [plantlife_modpack]

by VanessaE » Fri Jul 04, 2014 05:53

Important update:

I have changed the top level folder and Github name of this project to plantlife_modpack. Might be a good idea to rename your copies to follow, just for consistency, but no changes should actually be necessary on anyone's systems. Links in the first post have been updated; existing local repository copies should continue to work without changes.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases